Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I'm Losing It...  (Read 6722 times)

newrasta

Re: I'm Losing It...
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 03:38:39 AM »

joanderella,

Thanks for your reply. It made sense to me as well. I've thought about this and came to the same conclusion as you. My parents and I both have valid points, but we can't seem to accept each other's points as valid. I've overstood this and I know they have a point, but so do I. Your post made quite a bit of sense to me! Thanks again.

Sly One,

I think you know what I mean by not agreeing with the education system! Ever been to www.school-survival.net?

To everyone who believes I should stay in my current school,

I disagree. I'm not saying I want to drop out and do nothing. Like Carla's Malcom X quotes, education is VERY important. But I don't believe that simply going to school will give you that education, you need to have the WANT to learn. You can just as easily get the same education yourself and not go to school.

I don't want to not learn, I just don't want to go to school. And I'm willing to compromise with my parents, I wanted to go to a charter high school, I'll get the same diploma and I won't be tortured by the long, boring hours of school, and the long, boring, not to mention usually pointless, hours of homework.

If you all check out http://www.school-survival.net you'll overstand my position a bit better.

surfmon_I,

Give thanks, your words are seen!

Bless.

Evan

SmG

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 10:13:35 PM »

Blessings,

Evan, I read about the fight. Horrible.. don't lose it on your parents. You need Jah.

Bless
Ras Marcus

newrasta

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 09:39:30 PM »

Don't worry Marcus, it was a horrible fight and it messed me up for a little while, but I'm allright now. My parents and I are on good terms again, we all apologized. She still wants to send my to a psychologist, but I don't need a psychologist, I need myself and God.

Bless.

Evan

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 03:10:30 AM »

Ras Evan,

Seeing that you've taken the royal-ness out of your name already is dis-cerning to my heart.

On the subject of public education, I can overstand what you're talking about, and there's a lot of websites, revolutionaries, and reggae lyrics that are going to agree with your stance. I used to agree too. But as a reggae lyricist, revolutionary, and fellow youth myself, let me say that all we're or they're saying is that we must simply abridge what is a fundamentally important aspect in the upbringing of Jah children. Be part of the change - just waiting for someone else to do it is about as effective as hoping the government will change while living your life on a quiet hillside, never leaving.

And what happened to looking onto our guiding template of being, His Imperial Majesty, Haile Selassie I the first? Are we to just ignore how he not only was a master student in Zion, Ethiopia but also traveled to this very nation to earn a number of degrees?

And what we build with our karma will surely affect our holistic tomorrow. Who is Babylon going to view as a reputable source of information - one who mastered their own game, or snaked around the edges just for a high school diploma?

Not to mention your position as a European in a country racially biased against everyone except Europeans. If you're on the recieving hand of an unfair privelege, you should take every drop of that privlege and come to kill Babylon off with its own medicine. Know their game, know what they know, and also continually to spirtually grow on your own, as you've immeasurably done in the past while balancing their workload agenda.

As revolutionary spoken word artist Jello Biafra once said about the media, "Don't hate the media - become the media." This is a principal we can use to halt any and all corruption as properly as possible.

Hopefully these points are considered both by you, Evan, and any other confused idrens. It's a tough time, but the last thing we can do is throw away the oppurtunity resting in our hand.

As an elder said onto me before I opened an evening for the now deceased Culture featuring Joseph Hill - "mash dem up!"

Jah Bless

newrasta

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 03:43:23 AM »

Ras Evan,

Seeing that you've taken the royal-ness out of your name already is dis-cerning to my heart.

Sorry it's discerning to you, but I don't think I can call myself a Rasta anymore, so to have Ras in my name, would be disrepectful.

On the subject of public education, I can overstand what you're talking about, and there's a lot of websites, revolutionaries, and reggae lyrics that are going to agree with your stance. I used to agree too. But as a reggae lyricist, revolutionary, and fellow youth myself, let me say that all we're or they're saying is that we must simply abridge what is a fundamentally important aspect in the upbringing of Jah children. Be part of the change - just waiting for someone else to do it is about as effective as hoping the government will change while living your life on a quiet hillside, never leaving.

And what happened to looking onto our guiding template of being, His Imperial Majesty, Haile Selassie I the first? Are we to just ignore how he not only was a master student in Zion, Ethiopia but also traveled to this very nation to earn a number of degrees?

And what we build with our karma will surely affect our holistic tomorrow. Who is Babylon going to view as a reputable source of information - one who mastered their own game, or snaked around the edges just for a high school diploma?

Not to mention your position as a European in a country racially biased against everyone except Europeans. If you're on the recieving hand of an unfair privelege, you should take every drop of that privlege and come to kill Babylon off with its own medicine. Know their game, know what they know, and also continually to spirtually grow on your own, as you've immeasurably done in the past while balancing their workload agenda.

As revolutionary spoken word artist Jello Biafra once said about the media, "Don't hate the media - become the media." This is a principal we can use to halt any and all corruption as properly as possible.

I do disagree with the educational system, wholeheartedly, but that doesn't mean I'm not doing anything about it. I've already assembled a few people who share my views, and hopefully we can make a change. But I don't want to rush into it, that would only lead to my downfall, leaving nothing accomplished. I've already spoken to experienced revolutionaries and I've received tips and whatnot. I'm following their advice, but with all the recent tribulations, the start of this revolution has been slow, doesn't mean I'm giving up though.

Also, I've already discussed this with my mom. She says that if I really disagree with the school system and I really want to make a change, then I can't fail every class, etc. If I'm to be taken seriously, I need to get good grades and still speak my mind, it's not as easy to push aside someone who's disagreeing with their system and conquering it.

And I'm not ignoring Selassie I's accomplishments, I know he got many degrees and he was really good in school, great! School worked for him, and that's awesome, but it doesn't work for everyone, that's a big reason I disagree with the system.

Bless.

Evan

SlyOne

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 07:46:37 PM »

joanderella,
Sly One,

I think you know what I mean by not agreeing with the education system! Ever been to www.school-survival.net?

To everyone who believes I should stay in my current school,

I disagree. I'm not saying I want to drop out and do nothing. Like Carla's Malcom X quotes, education is VERY important. But I don't believe that simply going to school will give you that education, you need to have the WANT to learn. You can just as easily get the same education yourself and not go to school.

I don't want to not learn, I just don't want to go to school. And I'm willing to compromise with my parents, I wanted to go to a charter high school, I'll get the same diploma and I won't be tortured by the long, boring hours of school, and the long, boring, not to mention usually pointless, hours of homework.

If you all check out http://www.school-survival.net you'll overstand my position a bit better.

surfmon_I,

Give thanks, your words are seen!

Bless.

Evan

you speak of not having the drive to learn so your finding your own way to give you the drive...im doing the exact same but taking a year out so it gives me the drive to learn and be better then what i would be without college education.

weird how similar people are, and yet different

newrasta

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 07:25:28 AM »

It's official, I'm gone...

Ras Shawn Naphtali

• Regular User
  • Each One Teach One : Rastafari Guide & Itect
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 02:18:24 PM »

It's official, I'm gone...

.......but not forgotten mi Idrin.

Don't be a stranger, and JAH Bless you and Guide you and Strengthen you in all you do.

One Aim : One JAH : One Destiny (but arguably many paths to that Oneness)

Stay Blessed.

Ras Shawn Naphtali
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 12:41:56 AM by SN12 »
Each One Teach One : Rastafari Guide & Itect

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 02:42:11 PM »

Blessings

Be blessed on your journey, Ras Evan. I hope that whatever you are dealing with will ultimately make your faith in Jah stronger. Know that your are loved idren, even when you can't feel it.

Jah Guidance,
Empress Carla

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 04:51:38 PM »

All the naive youth and imposter here should follow suit, and let true Rasī take the floor.  This forum has been a duppy breeding ground claiming RastafarI for too long, now the chaff is seperated for the wheat and the fiyah nah cool, so soon we find out who is the real revolutionaries.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 04:53:32 PM by elidjembe »
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

newrasta

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 03:13:45 AM »

Blessings

Be blessed on your journey, Ras Evan. I hope that whatever you are dealing with will ultimately make your faith in Jah stronger. Know that your are loved idren, even when you can't feel it.

Jah Guidance,
Empress Carla
.......but not forgotten mi Idrin.

Don't be a stranger, and JAH Bless you and Guide you and Strengthen you in all you do.

One Aim : One JAH : One Destiny (but arguably many paths to that Oneness)

Stay Blessed.

Ras Shawn Naphtali

Thank you both for your comforting words. I hope to TRULY find Jah in me someday, but now is a hard time for me. I'm wising up to people's stupidity and their ignorance and I mean TRULY WISING UP TO THAT. Sure, I thought that people were stupid before, but now I truly KNOW that people are stupid as hell.

I'm feeling hopeless, lost, and confused. And no one can help me, but myself. And sure, I know I sound emo as hell, but I honestly feel that way. I know when I'm pretending to have problems and when I really do have problems, and I KNOW that I'm not pretending.

All the naive youth and imposter here should follow suit, and let true Rasī take the floor.  This forum has been a duppy breeding ground claiming RastafarI for too long, now the chaff is seperated for the wheat and the fiyah nah cool, so soon we find out who is the real revolutionaries.

You're right, this forum is a gathering for all the little kids who want to find Jah. They think they find HIM, they think they love HIM, they think they know HIM, but they have no idea.

But what the fuck do you expect? It's the internet.

And what revolutionaries? You're on a computer! Don't be criticizing me when you probably don't do shit yourself.

Sure, I see your one liners, very vague might I add. And any imbecile that sees it might think that you something profound that we don't, but you haven't proven anything. Those one liners make you sound mysterious and very knowing, and you actually probably are, but guess what? You're telling people how to live their lives on the internet...doesn't sound like elder material to me.

Peace out!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 03:14:48 AM by newrasta »

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 05:44:16 PM »

What do I expect?

Nothing, that alone however is not what I and I will accept.

What Revolutionaries?

If you have to ask...

Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

IyaRaWarrior

• Regular User
  • The Heart Know Where The Truth Lie
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 12:14:35 AM »

Evan remeber what the King say.. Many discouraging hours will arise before the rainbow of acomplished goals appears on the horizion.....

JAH Bless Evan

Molliebaz

• Full User
  • One Love
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 03:30:47 PM »

Elijah I

I think you were a little harsh in the way you expressed yourself to Evan.  It took courage for him to say the things he did and I feel he shows honour to Jah by saying he feels unworthy to use the name Ras. Blessings to him and may Jah guide him in his search.

However, i do overstand where you are coming from.  Though it is good to reason with all different levels of people, sometimes it seems the struggles of the youth, with school dilemmas and parental quarrels are a long way off from those older ones who have trod this path for a long time and have had major problems along the way.  Oh how  nice it would be to worry about not having handed in home work rather than where the next days dinner is coming from.   The scripture comes to mind of when I was a child -I spoke as a child.

Let us older ones give guidance to the more "naive youth".  If they are imposters they will fall away when the going gets tough.  True RastafarI is not a fashion or a phase - and another scripture applies - by their fruits you will know them.  

Blessings in the name of The Most High
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.