Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: The Bible [please reason]  (Read 29778 times)

rootsridge

• Senior User
The Bible [please reason]
« on: September 04, 2009, 10:44:57 AM »

Bless Family :)

Now, since the beginning of I Trod, i have learnt that the Bible [KJV preferably] is the centre of Rasta's faith.

Now, We all no the corruption of man, and ability to edit text for use of "mass following of a faith/cause etc etc]

ok, so my question for reasoning is, 'Do you think the bible has been changed to suit christian values/population mind control?'

Bob said that "gods word [bible] can never be changed".

But do you think this is really case? After all, the bible is a collection of Gospels and Text from Man.

Looking forward to Replies.

RastafarI
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

George

• Senior User
  • "...fighting against isms and skisms..."
Re: The Bible [please reason]
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:53:46 AM »

Greets Iyah,

I am definitly gonna get some mad fiyah flinged at me here for saying this, but, there is no doubt that the bible has been edited, changed and warped to accomadate mans feelings. After all, as you said it is a book written by man. There are many condradictions in the bible that just wouldn't be there if the book was purely divine. Obviously the whole thing is not lies, i just think it is down to the self sensibility to weed out the mans wants from Gods. Thats my view anyway.

Bless Up

Selassie I

Rastafari
"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

surfmon_I

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 10:36:45 AM »

Greetings Bredren,
  It is a pleasure to see that Bob Marley has brought the thought of the Ible to others, for this was always the case with I.  Going back to the early eighties, I was a senior in High School and more interested in surfing than school.  So much so, that after a few years in clooege, I soon found iself in the waters of california.  Those days were filled with Brother Bob's music, for reggae was taking strong root in the free culture of the surfing community.  Church was an early morning session in glassy waves with hundreds of others in the water.
  The music of BOb Marley, Steel Pulse and Mutabaruka string some thoughts about the Ible and for many years it was how I related to GOD.  I learned (in the words of songs) a different sort of Istory, and it still is the way to this day.  I was visited by the Jahovia's Witnesses when we began to build our house in 2000.  Everytime they would come to speak of Jesus, I spoke of King Selassie I.  One day i asked them to bring a Bible next time they came, and they did.  5 years of reading and I have now reached the book of John.  Throuout these 5 years it has been difficult reading, but along with the written word, I had an eye to the reality of the very church that had been subjugateing the masses unto itself rather than to the spirit to which it was intended.

A few years back, Sister Vee and I were reasoning on some of the versions and meaning of this as they are, and she shared some insight on the King James Version.  I will try and locate it, as it was interesting information.  Basically, King James was a homosexual king looking to divinify the english monarchy.  so he had the book re written and all old copies confiscated.  The final editing of this book (KJV) was done by Sir Franscis Beacon.  Otherwise known as William Shakespear.  That makes this version a very "good read", but does not mean that it is clearly evident message, for Bacon was a Mason and his king had his own agenda to safe guard.

Steel Pulse has a line..." This here version, a no King James Version, cause out of Africa, came the garden of Eden."  There is another side to the story, and it must be looked at with a clear heart.  Many times ones get caught in defense of onething, when it require a perspective adjustment.  This can not bedone for vanity of the self.  Pride of knowledge is the downfall of man.  Something more is reqired.  To say KJV is the center of rasta faith, is inconsistant for I, but am open to another perspective should one come.  It can not change how we see with our heart.  Truth is always truth.

Mutabaruka, Cainaan land..." Now, listen this, I tell you true, that the King of Kings have been shown to you.  Check the facts, and you will see, Cainaan was sold into slavery...just because of his father's crime."

It is for those that have eyes to see, see.  We may seek our hearts fullfillment, but if this is done for the self it shall come to ruin.  It is when a heart strikes out  and sacrifices itself for another, in that there is great value, for are we not our brothers keeper?
BlessUp, Ivery time.
~S~

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »

Bless Surfmon!

thanks for your input :),

So i read your post, but i got a little confused on your message,

break it down for IMAN ;)

so you say that it is probable that the KJV has been edited alot, [making it readable]. I don't know if i agree, as the text is not easy on the English language, it is very old text.

Is that what the I is stating

Selassie I
ONLINE REGGAE DJ

surfmon_I

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »

Not only has it been edited , it has been MAN ip ulated.  As, I read on everyday, the one clear message is that in every way, Man has always chosen himself first.  The objective in many religious circles is CON trol.
The objective of the I ritual person is to see and HAVE GOD always present in ones life.

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 11:13:38 PM »

The real bible come from EGYPT/AFRICA - long before any of those so called "arabs" lived there.
 Black man thing ! Original ! The truth is in Egypt.

P7
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

surfmon_I

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 08:23:24 AM »

So, Bredren, that it on this "reasoning" ?.

well, there is always something to seh when someone come with a this way and no other way.
Beloved Bredren Prophet, Egypt is not the only place truth is found.  Although the story it plays is crucial, and at times very puzzling, most of this story in the Ible plays itself outside of Egypt.

The first part of the book is the Old Testament which deals with the liberation of the Israelites from Egypt to the promised land.  Much of this section was written in captivity, so as to record the story and relationship that was established with God so as to recognize WHY they kept turning away from the "LAW".

The second part of the book named The New Testament is the fulfilling of prophesy with the coming of Jesus.  This part of the book is a reconciliation between God and His children.  Not only the Israelites any longer, but to ALL Nations.

Now, there are MANY versions of this book, yes, but not so many languages that it originated from.  I have spent many years fighting against such a narrow view, and ones must be careful when speaking of the Unifying feature of the message that is been given.  It is Rastafari that had brought I to peace and has given the ability to see the Holiness and therefore Love of this message.

Many Rasta have a differing view of where it is coming from and where it is going and to whom it apply.  But for I, as a man, there is but one way and the path is narrow.  It is not easy to live this life for other, most want to live life for the self.  But, if we are to honestly look at what the message is, it would be Love.  The evidence is to the contrary, seeing the state of the world today, but alongside the misery and corruption is the Glory and the test of our spirits.  We are given the undeserved kindness of our creator, and asked to love one another as we love ourselves.  In this we are given a clean slate and a new personality from our King.

Now the King.  Rastafarians look to His Imperial Majesty as our King.  Hailie Sellasie I ruled as a King of Judah, and a Christian.  There is no denying this fact.  So we have the light of this world seated pon the throne  showing the world that judgment time come. 

People have always wanted to quantify and personify God.  It is most absurd for I to think in this way.  What is perfectly natural is that our creator shines this blessed light a little brighter through a divine gift  to select few messengers.  The word of God cannot be changed truely.  If we seek in the written word to find God or ourselves, we are missing the message.

The second part of the Ible liberates us from the "LAW", and therefore righteousness is now achieved through the spirit.  FAITH.  WORKS.  it is HOW we move amongst our Sistren and Bredren that shows our spirit.

All Glory along with Thanks and Praises unto JAH.

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 10:33:08 AM »

Surfmon_I,

Thank you for your wise words, very much appreciated!  Respect.

surfmon_I

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 10:52:07 PM »

Please forgive the misspelling of His Majesty, Haile Selassie I.
many humble apologies.

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 06:59:49 PM »

No apologies needed, Surfmon_I.  All is irie!  Bless!

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 04:11:45 PM »

So, Bredren, that it on this "reasoning" ?.

well, there is always something to seh when someone come with a this way and no other way.
Beloved Bredren Prophet, Egypt is not the only place truth is found.  Although the story it plays is crucial, and at times very puzzling, most of this story in the Ible plays itself outside of Egypt.

The first part of the book is the Old Testament which deals with the liberation of the Israelites from Egypt to the promised land.  Much of this section was written in captivity, so as to record the story and relationship that was established with God so as to recognize WHY they kept turning away from the "LAW".

The second part of the book named The New Testament is the fulfilling of prophesy with the coming of Jesus.  This part of the book is a reconciliation between God and His children.  Not only the Israelites any longer, but to ALL Nations.

Now, there are MANY versions of this book, yes, but not so many languages that it originated from.  I have spent many years fighting against such a narrow view, and ones must be careful when speaking of the Unifying feature of the message that is been given.  It is Rastafari that had brought I to peace and has given the ability to see the Holiness and therefore Love of this message.

Many Rasta have a differing view of where it is coming from and where it is going and to whom it apply.  But for I, as a man, there is but one way and the path is narrow.  It is not easy to live this life for other, most want to live life for the self.  But, if we are to honestly look at what the message is, it would be Love.  The evidence is to the contrary, seeing the state of the world today, but alongside the misery and corruption is the Glory and the test of our spirits.  We are given the undeserved kindness of our creator, and asked to love one another as we love ourselves.  In this we are given a clean slate and a new personality from our King.

Now the King.  Rastafarians look to His Imperial Majesty as our King.  Hailie Sellasie I ruled as a King of Judah, and a Christian.  There is no denying this fact.  So we have the light of this world seated pon the throne  showing the world that judgment time come.  

People have always wanted to quantify and personify God.  It is most absurd for I to think in this way.  What is perfectly natural is that our creator shines this blessed light a little brighter through a divine gift  to select few messengers.  The word of God cannot be changed truely.  If we seek in the written word to find God or ourselves, we are missing the message.

The second part of the Ible liberates us from the "LAW", and therefore righteousness is now achieved through the spirit.  FAITH.  WORKS.  it is HOW we move amongst our Sistren and Bredren that shows our spirit.

All Glory along with Thanks and Praises unto JAH.

@surfmon I

I did not say that "Egypt is the only place truth is found" (as you tried to put it above) - re-read what I said ! I said, in other words, that that is where it comes from. Seen ? Read Istory and you will see so many similarities in Egyptian Istory that this can not just be a mere coincidence ! For example the story of the deluge, Moses, Iesus, etc.,etc., Of course there are many cultures out there that tell the same story with different names/names of places but...BUT - there is only one place that holds the OLDEST story and that place is EGYPT ! The rest are but copies of the original and that is why they bring so much confusion - because they were not even copied right, be it deliberately or not !

Of cause you got some people out there who believe that Sumerian Istory is much older but, that is not true at all - the Pyramids and the people who lived there have now been proved to be much older than everyone thought they were. Read and read and read and you will find it out in due time.

A further example I can give is in the form of a question being : Where did most of the greatest in bible Istory go to to learn what they learned ? Moses had to go to Egypt to learn. Iesus too. And many other people mentioned in that copied book did so too. They never went to Sumer to learn ! They went to Egypt - bearer of the undiluted and original, unchanged truth ! The beginning !

When you seek for a trees MAIN source of life then you start at the roots/seed and not the trees and branches - seen ? The trees and branches come after that. Without no roots/seed there is no trees and branches - get it ? That is what I meant. Maybe you now overstand what I am saying ?

So if you wanna know the truth you seek for it at the roots/seed i.e. the beginning or else you get  a "half story/ uncomplete "truth"" that most people in the world are stuck upon right now. Seek for it at the source/beginning. Of cause there is only one source of ultimate truth (i.e., the Father) but as is said "as it is in heaven so shall it be pon earth" - that is most probably the reason why the Father laid down this fundamental source in Egypt.
There is no escaping this truth - it begins in AFRICA /EGYPT. Even "Gods Son" and the writer of the ten commandments and Joseph and many many others learned what they knew in EGYPT and nowhere else. Look into it.

P.S. The Jerusalem mentioned in the bible was, just like many others, very most probably a land in AFRICA. Read Egyptian Istory.

P7
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:28:01 PM by prophet777 »
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

Northlion

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 08:39:20 AM »

Quote from: rootsridge link=topic=7425. msg75272#msg75272 date=1252061097
Bless Family :)

Now, since the beginning of I Trod, i have learnt that the Bible [KJV preferably] is the centre of Rasta's faith.

Now, We all no the corruption of man, and ability to edit text for use of "mass following of a faith/cause etc etc]

ok, so my question for reasoning is, 'Do you think the bible has been changed to suit christian values/population mind control?'

Bob said that "gods word [bible] can never be changed".

But do you think this is really case? After all, the bible is a collection of Gospels and Text from Man.

Looking forward to Replies.

RastafarI

I am completely abhorred that you would ever say such a thing. . .  KJV preferably. . .  Wolf in sheep's clothing. .  traitor to the rastafari movemant!
king james was a battybwoi and a rapist of afrikon blood warriors.  It has been proven and documented that this man indeed modified the bible to his own liking.  KJV is full off lies and any faith based on it is based on lies and must be thoroughly thought over.  Rastafari reads nature not bible.

Selah

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 10:01:10 AM »

the above post is a interesting response to topic thread? calm your fiyah brethrin
ONLINE REGGAE DJ

Northlion

• Standard User
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 03:06:08 AM »

the above post is a interesting response to topic thread? calm your fiyah brethrin

Indeed I have to explain myself. I Will as quick as possible find the books and post the parts that prove the wicked nature of this man.
But I ask that no Rasta should read the KJV but instead find an older one that has none of his "Revisions" since they might plant the seeds of wicked babylon mindset into a man without him noticing it.

I do not if you have heard of this but recently there has been alot of uproar exactly on this subject. Many youths in Jamaica were outraged once they were told about the KJV revisions and took up shouts such as "Bun fe BIBLE!" which of course was turned against the rastafari movement without no explanation and taken entirely out of context.

I will post again soon concerning this.

Rastafari!
Posted on: May 30, 2010, 01:59:27 AM
KING JAMES VI ( JAMES STEWART , KING OF SCOTLAND AND ENGLAND FROM 1603 - 1625 ).
IT WAS KING JAMES WHO AUTHORIZED ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR  VERSION OF THE HOLY BIBLE IN 1611..HE WAS BORN
JUNE 19  1566 , THE SON OF LORD DARNLEY AND MARY THE QUEEN OF SCOTS .
HIS MOTHER
WAS HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH HER ITALIAN MALE SECRETARY NAMED DAVID
RICCIO WHILE SHAE WAS PREGNANT WITH JAMES . HER HUSBAND LORD DARNLEY
HAD RICCIO MURDERED .
A YEAR LATER, MARY THE QUEEN OF SCOTS HAD HER HUSBAND HOUSE BOMBED AND HAD HIM STRANGLED TO DEATH . AS A RESULT OF
THAT MARY WAS INCARCERATED . JAMES WAS RAISED IN A FOSTER ENVIRONMENT .
JAMES MOTHER WAS FINALLY EXECUTED IN 1587 .
PRIOR TO THAT JAMES HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SAVE HER BUT HE CHOSE TO LET HER DIE SO THAT HE COULD
HAVE THE THRONE TO HIMSELF ...THIS IS THE REASON WHY MANY HISTORIANS
HAVE ACCUSED HIM OF KILLING HIS OWN MOTHER .
AT THE AGE OF 13 YEARS OLD JAMES HAD HIS FIRST LOVE AFFAIR WITH HIS OLDER COUSIN FROM FRANCE
ESME STEWART WHO WAS A FATHER OF 5 CHILDREN ....JAMES SHARED HIS WEALTH
AND POWER WITH HIS COUSIN STEWART ...AND EVENTUALLY APPOINTED HIM AS THE
DUKE OF LENNOX .
THERE IS A BOOK THAT DESCRIBES HIS HOMOSEXUALITY BEHAVIOR < JAMES VI AND I AND THE HISTORY OF HOMOSEXUALITY BY MICHAEL
B . YOUNG . KING JAMES WOULD KISSED LENNOX IN PUBLIC . EVEN THOUGH KING
JAMES HAD 3 CHILDREN HE WAS KNOW TO HAVE A SERIOUS HATRED FOR FEMALE .
WHILE MARRIED
TO ANNE , JAMES CONTINUED TO HAVE SEXUAL EXPLOITS WITH YOUNG
MALES .
ONE OF HIS FAVORITE MALE WAS ALEXANDER LINDSEY ...THE KING NIGHTLY BED FELLOW . THE LIBRARIES OF ENGLAND HOLD  A NUMBER OF LOVE
LETTERS WRITTEN BY KING JAMES TO HIS LOVE INTERESTS . IF ONE REALLY WANT
TO DO HIS OWN RESEARCH CHECK < KING JAMES AND HIS LETTERS PF
HOMOEROTIC DESIRE BY DAVID M . BERGERON .
ONE SPEECH HE GAVE IN 1617 TO THE PRIVY RECAPS IN BOLD MANNER HIS SEXUAL LOVE FOR MALE ( BERGERON
PAGE 104 ) .KING JAMES IN THIS SPEECH IDENTIFIES JESUS CHRIST AS BEING A
HOMOSEXUAL .HE COMPARED HIS HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GEORGE DE
VILLIERS TO JESUS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE APOSTLE JOHN .....AS A RESULT
THIS PARALLEL WAS ALWAYS USED TO JUSTIFY HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH MEN .
EUROPEANS ALWAYS
SUPERIMPOSE THEIR CULTURAL  VALUES WITH THEIR RELIGIOUS THEOLOGY
. IN GREECE WE SEE IT WITH ZEUS AND GANYMEDE ..IT IS A TERRIBLE AND
DANGEROUS IDENTIFICATION THAT AFRIKAN BLOOD PEOPLE HAVE SINCE KING JAMES
WAS A MOLESTER AND AN ARDENT MAN LOVER ...AN OBJECTIVE PORTRAIT POINTS
OUT HOW HOMOSEXUALITY WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IN HIS LIFE ..
NOW A KNOW WHITE SEX OFFENDER NAMED KING JAMES COMMISSIONED OTHER WHITE SEX
OFFENDER TO TRANSLATE  THE HOLY BIBLE ...NOW THE KJV BIBLE  IS
MISOGYNISTIC EFFEMINATE HOMOSEXUAL ..IT IS THROUGH THIS BOOK THAT ALL
THESE VALUES HAVE BEEN POLLUTING THE AFRIKAN BLOOD CULTURE AND VALUES .
WORST THAN ANYTHING ELSE THIS KJV HAS TAUGHT AND BRAINWASHED AFRIKAN
BLOOD HOW TO NEVER RESIST
WHITE ASSAULT AT THE SAME TIME WHITE SUPREMACY MAINTAIN A LEVEL  OF PHYSICAL INTELLECTUAL PHILOSOPHICAL AND
MILITARY AS WELL SEXUAL  AGGRESSION THAT IS UNRIVALED ON PLANET EARTH.
SO ALL
THESE AFROPEANS KING JAMES BIBLE FREAKS IF AFTER READING AND DOING
THE  NECESSARY WORK TO DOUBLE CHECK IF WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN ARE  FACTS

above post from wisemind afrikan blood warrior. Very strong views on the kjv

surfmon_I

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 12:18:55 PM »

@ NorthLion..."Rastafari reads Nature not the Bible" ...really ?, depends on which Rasta you ask...How bout the Elders That sparked the New Faith...Howell, Garvey...His Majesty. 
  I know it is a hardcore pureist portion that look to the evolution of the Ible and see it as a tool of rome, but, do we really think the message of JAH is not seen with those that have the eyes to see it.

At the root of our relationship with the Most I is Nature, and naturally JAH is flowing thru us in us and around us.  it takes a tuned mind to see that we are all part of this moment and must go through our lives seeking the path that leads us home, the greater union of mind and Irit.

Through HIM, with HIM, in HIM.
May the power of love lift us up.
JAHLove.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 22 queries.