Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Natural Entheogens  (Read 2766 times)

George

• Senior User
  • "...fighting against isms and skisms..."
Natural Entheogens
« on: July 13, 2011, 08:37:12 PM »

Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

I have recently been reading about the spiritual use of hallucinogenic and psychedelic substances to further ones conciousness and gain a new veiw of this universe we live in. Substances such as Peyote and San Pedro cacti containing mescaline and mushrooms containing psilocybin among others have been used for hundreds of years, perhaps thousands and I was wondering what rasta think of this. Many people, including many rastafarians, see cannabis as a spiritual aid and I wonder what makes these substances different from the use of the holy herb.

Any insight, experiences etc. would be very useful and hugely appreciated.

Much love and kindness to all

blessings

George
"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

Nazarite I

• Senior User
Re: Natural Entheogens
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:12:43 AM »

Look at it like this...

The herb brings on a different state of consciousness in which I and I can Reason within Iselves and reach a higher level.

These things you're speaking of bring on hallucinations, which are illusions of the mind.

I and I must stay grounded in reality. I and I RastafarI Livity doesn't deal with illusions. To each his own with what he puts into his temple, but I and I as RastafarI people hold I and Iselves to a high standard. When I and I are going about I and I daily business, it is RastafarI that I and I are representing so I and I must be sure to Live up to that with I and I behaviour and actions. If the I goes round taking all these hallucinagens while saying RastafarI, what are people going to think about RastafarI people and the King that I and I represent? Answer I that...

Blessed love.

rasmoses

• Likkle Ithiopia (+
  • Regular User
  • Son of Allah
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 01:52:43 AM »

I picture so many of the people on this forum in a supermarket. The supermarket has a Babylon aisle and RastafarI aisle. Those that try but not hard enough go to the RastafarI to purchase their own brand of redemption while those that are just downright wicked and slack in their livity go to the Babylon aisle. No matter what you say, you will never reach RastafarI until you go straight to H.I.M., His love for His children cannot be bought up in a store or on the street, it must cultivate in one's heart. If you cannot handle RastafarI, then drop out of Jah Army. I admit I am not perfect and by no means Divine, so I and I must humble Iself unto the Most High. Babylon is who you must approach with a sizzling fire. Seen? I and I am not perfect-I am an ex-drug addict and have used false herbs many times, but there comes a time where you have to quit the foolishness and take heed as a prophet. So burn this hippie foolishness and let it burn with Babylon. One love still.
hey man do you got a siga-rette?

JAHwalkwidme

• Full User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 04:24:38 PM »

George

Just because something has been used for thousands of years doesn't make it in any way better.

If you are even considering using these substances, you are going on the wrong road.  As Nazarite said, these substances do not produce reality.  It's reality we're dealing with here, and herb helps thought formations and, in I sight, connect separate parts (on all planes), but it is ultimately dealing with reality. 

You do not need a substance to gain a new perspective of the universe.  As I have said on another thread, I would stop using even herb at this time.  Use your mind and spirit and that will give you all the perspectives you need.  Read from other traditions if your mind won't produce it for you yet, Budda, Confucious, Muhammad, read it all.  Read scientific works, spiritual works, anything you want, and see the links between all.

Further your consciousness through meditation.

Please let us know your conclusions.

Jah bless

George

• Senior User
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 07:26:43 PM »

I kind of expected a negative response towards these substances however I am here to provoke thought and the expansion of the mind and so I will continue :).

I see myself as a man as a part of nature.

I see all of my fellow human beings, mammals, creatures, lifeforms of all kinds as brothers and sisters.

My God is everywhere, is everything. This universe is God.

I don't mean to say that inside all of us there is a part of God, I mean to say that we are all part of God, as are my brothers and sisters.

Now, the lifeforms existing on this planet live in a sort of harmony where they are left too, substances such as psilocybin mushrooms or the plants containing Dimethyltryptamine work along side our brains and in fact our bodies often contain small amounts of these 'hallucinogens'.

I do not agree for a second that what the mind creates when under the influence of an entheogen is a mere illusion but more a subconcious part of the mind bringing forward important issues. People have been known to come out of these 'trips' (if you'd like to call them that) with further knowledge of themselves and direction in their lives.

Knowledge of ones surrounding on a global level is important in finding the correct path, ignorance and condemnation are the poisons responsible for the divide and conquer mentality of the west.

Just some food for though friends

blessings

George
"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" - Marcus Garvey

Nazarite I

• Senior User
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 12:35:09 AM »

Out of interest, why do you think these mushrooms have the effect of giving whoever eats them hallucinations?

Because it seems to I that anything that makes I and I see things when it's eaten, doesn't want to be eaten. In the autumn, I go out into the woods to gather edible mushrooms, and I know that these mushrooms that cause hallucinations are a kind of poisonous mushroom. Their poison doesn't make you ill and it doesn't kill you, but the reason it has the attribute is to prevent it from being eaten. It is a self defense mechanism. In the days when humankind was still gathering mushrooms for their very survival, eating one of these things by accident would probably have meant bad things would happen while you were stumbling about in a haze. Unless they have an immunity to the effects, you won't see animals eating these mushrooms either. They know to avoid them and they teach their young to do the same.

Now I and I see people eating them to bring on hallucinations, but in I sight that is pure foolishness. I have heard plenty of people say that these things bring them some kind of enlightenment, but always they come out with some pseudo-philosophy that isn't reflected in their Livity. It's like they spend more time trying to decipher the things going on in their head than they do implementing any lessons they might learn from it.
As I said before, comparing it to herb is foolishness, since the herb keeps I and I grounded in reality and allows for a deeper meditation. When I smoke herb and hold a meditation and read scripture, I go through the thoughts in I head and things reveal themselves naturally. These mushrooms bring on illusions of the mind. Maybe sometimes they might resemble something you think is significant, but it is still illusion and you still have to go through trying to decipher the illusions. You would be better served by directing your meditation unto the Almighty and staying away from such things.

And you still haven't answered I question of what people will think when they see you, a man who is claiming RastafarI, eating the mushrooms and having these hallucinations...

I and I uphold the dignity of the King in I and I Livity, and taking these hallucinagenic mushrooms is not upholding that dignity. It doesn't reflect well on I and I.

Blessed love.

JAHwalkwidme

• Full User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 02:46:02 PM »

It is not so much the actual substance that bothers me.

It is the idea that you need a substance in order to understand things or feel revelations.  That indicates to me a flaw in your thinking.  To me, herb is not necessary, it is only an aid.  I have the spiritual connection and learning anyway.

What are you doing at the moment for this need?  Because if it was working you would not be talking about these things.

Jah bless

George

• Senior User
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »

And you still haven't answered I question of what people will think when they see you, a man who is claiming RastafarI, eating the mushrooms and having these hallucinations...

I and I uphold the dignity of the King in I and I Livity, and taking these hallucinagenic mushrooms is not upholding that dignity. It doesn't reflect well on I and I.

Blessed love.

Brother, I don't take these mushrooms, nor do I partake any of these substances, only herb. My point is that these substances are natural and can be used (not as a necessity Sister Jahwalkwidme) as an aid or a spiritual tool.

If I was to be seen as a man, claiming Rastafari I would first of all tell them that I as a man of the Universe am a part of nature as I have told you. I would then continue on with my buisness. False impressions and such spring from vanity, seen?

A good point made brother Nazarite I is about the Hallucinogenic properties in mushrooms and other substances being a poison, perhaps this is true however man continues to do so, perhaps it is natures way of preventing other animals of eating them so that human kind can use this tool. Who knows, it is not true to say this about all entheogens however, animals frequently eat the parts of the Mimosa tenuiflora tree. It is an excellent source of protien, despite being packed with hallucinogenic alkoloids.

blessings

George

surfmon~I

• Regular User
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 11:12:42 AM »

Ises,
It has not yet been mentioned, and so I think of the Shaman.
  The Shaman exsist as a mediator/traveler to an alternate dimension.  They lived on the outskirts of their society.  They are the ones that have the tools to delve into this alternate reality due to the fact that the symbology contained in the trip has meaning in this dimension.
It is not NOT a "trip" one unfamiliar with the surroundings would undertake for the purpose of Overstanding.  It would in fact relate more confusion than the clarity which is sought after.  For this reason it is something which remains relegated to those trained in these things.

Look up World Tree Philosophy.  Interestingly enuff, prior to the age of information, the same visions were being reported by Shaman in far away places in the world.  Without the ability to corroborate the visions, a mirror image of a tree with orbiting spheres emanating from a central cloud mass was described by these Shaman during out of body experience.
Now, it would be a dangerous thought for one to think of Clearifying things of a Iritual Nature within this type of alterdimentional backdrop.

JAHLove
~S~

Nazarite I

• Senior User
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 06:04:28 PM »

It is interesting enough, but I and I are not Shamans. I and I don't deal with this alter-dimensional business, because I and I are grounded in Reality. I and I trod necessitates a grounding in Reality and works in this world. RastafarI is not just an Iritual trod but also a physical trod. His Majesty teaches I and I that I and I must advance Iritually and materially in balance. That is why I and I must engage in good works that advance both the Iritual and physical needs of the people. The two go hand in hand and one without the other leads to an imbalance. Iritual development is all well and good, but if I and I have no food to eat and no roof over I and I heads then all comes to naught. If I and I develop only materially then I and I fall into the same trap as babylon. Only with Oneness can I and I advance properly.
That applies not only to I and I personal Livity but also to I and I greater mission of development and upliftment of the downpressed peoples. Same thing applies. Iritual development alone might make the people Righteous, but without infrastructure, food, community, housing and all these things, the downpression goes on.
It is I and I place in this time to be working towards both Iritual and physical advancement in Oneness, not for I and I to be dealing in this alter-dimensional business, eating all sorts of hallucinogens, trying to interpret something in an alternate dimension that will just stray I and I from the path of Righteousness.

Blessed love.

surfmon~I

• Regular User
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 11:52:10 AM »

Truth Bredren, The I have a well balanced view of InI mission. 
It is not for ones to separate the two with the use of HellusenoGins.  For one to seek this experience for the sake of experiment or recreation, is foolishness.  Far greater the challenge to unify Irit and Body as the I have said.
 So, George, we MUST DO the work. Live Jah Life.  Herb has been given as a binder to fuse us to the mystic path of purpose and vision.  Many have not the peace of mind to meditate and focus on breathing.  Listening to the heart rate and feel the body grounded in this reality.
  I mentioned Shaman due to the distinctive, essential role they play within a closed system society and to show that it is not a light thing to practice.

Give Thanks,
JAH EarthStrong.

rasmoses

• Likkle Ithiopia (+
  • Regular User
  • Son of Allah
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 07:35:33 AM »

Older now I love Rastafarianism. Some relayed to me that the message of that thing I SAID THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THE SUPERMARKET THAT I JUST HATE YOU ARE A MUSLIM THERE ARE NO DEMONS HERE. Alright
hey man do you got a siga-rette?

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.