Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda  (Read 21424 times)

ArkI

Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda
« on: February 01, 2005, 05:12:14 AM »

I was reasoning with a Bobo RasTafarI Idren of mine about Gangsta Rap.  I and I were reasoning about how Gangsta Rap is Babylon Propaganda and is being promoted to destroy the Black Youth living in Babylon.  My Idren was also reasoning that certain people in high positions in the Rap industry have connections with the CIA.

Babylon is encouraging the youth to kill and abuse their brothers and sisters.  Babylon has created and glorified this image for the youth to move towards.  They don't even need to recruit Rappers to enslave the minds of the youth.  The popularity of the image encourages youth to become skilled Gangsta Rappers and spread the message of Babylon to destroy future generations.  Most don't even realize what they are doing, but are just following the accepted image.

Gangsta Rappers need to learn the ways of Jah and turn the table with the voice they have been given.  They should be teaching the youth the ways of Jah and use their skills to bring them together as One, instead of dividing them.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 05:22:10 AM by ArkI »

Sunshine

Re: Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 10:58:18 AM »

YES u sad it right.

Dominican_Gurl

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 04:01:01 PM »

yes, i used to listen to hardcore gansta rap in my teenage years and it can posess and i would not encourage my children to listen to that devil music.

ArkI

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 05:16:26 PM »

The East Coast/West Coast war is for a larger purpose than to kill Biggie and Tupac.  It is to separate people and cause them to hate eachother.  The East Coast/West Coast war was going on for a long time.  LL Cool J and Kool Moe Dee were dealing with this separation back in the 80s, although not as violently.

But I agree that Babylon set it up for Biggie and Tupac to be killed.  It was because they realized what Babylon was doing and refused to be part of it anymore.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 07:23:29 PM »

Thank you for this great post.

I and I agree fully. The rap game has been formulated into the same mindless, pointless garbage that television is. They are putting out a message of lies and deceit.

I rap and have already released a very successful cd. I'm working on a new cd that's even more concious than my last. Artists like myself are kept down by this Babylon system because we will spread the message of Jah, the message of Truth. I pray for Jah to help me bring His message to all I can. I know I have made positive influences with my last cd, and I will continue to do so.

Hip Hop's roots are now underground, and not many can find them. We must tend to the soil so that the tree that once was can flourish again.

One.

Jah bless.

moondog

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 10:52:13 PM »

Once again, the mighty Ark I and Fiyah Bun highlight that division is wrong.  Babylon purports many divisions, but this rap is one of the most blatant.  When will we open our eyes to JAH truth?

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 10:53:49 PM »

Just thought I'd clear something up, it's not rap or hip hop that causes division, it's this fake 'gangster rap'.

Overstand, rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live.

One.

Jah bless.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 11:04:46 PM »

I had to comment on the link you posted Knowledge, I think it's a great idea and cause (please get someone to spell check the writing because the grammar is horrible) anyways here's some of the stuff being said:

Because of it's origin and what Hip Hop originally represented in it's earlier stages, we cannot embrace it as Christians. Their can be no Holy Hip Hoppers or no Christian Hip Hop because the culture cannot lend itself to the direction of the Holy Spirit. Yes, we do have very powerful Christian rap groups that preach the word of God through rap, but we must not get confused and call what they are doing Hip Hop. You have to understand that God does not embrace anything that has a corrupt origin. The very word "Hip Hop" was created by Afrikka Bambatta, the pioneer of the culture and professed Zulu Nation god. He created the term to describe the parties that he was hosting in clubs across New York in the early 70's. Since then, he has developed a religion that rested upon the Hip Hop culture. The term is not from God, therefore, it should not be used to describe anything from God!

People, please understand that Hip Hop is a way of governing your life. Therefore, it cannot be exploited as a Christian way of living. We understand that KRS-ONE and Afrika Bambaata have used the term Hip Hop to describe emceeing, deejaying, breakdancing, and other forms of entertainment, but Hip Hop is also, to them, a religion and a way of worshipping ourselves instead of the Lord Jesus Christ.

This is utter and absolute garbage. Whoever wrote this obviously has no concept of hip hop, why it was started and for what reasons. So even if you are putting out a positive message and bringing people to the Lord's path it's still not 'right'? Please. Let me just say that no one on earth is 100% right about everything and this is one topic where the person is wrong. What a horrible false judgement to put out. If this is the case being pleaded then we should stop listening to Rock, Metal, Jazz, Classical, etc.

I really had to take a step back to confirm someone actually believes this.  [smiley=rolleyes.gif] How can you "not get confused and start calling Christian rap, hip hop?" Why so stuck up on labels? Labels are the reason people are dying overseas.

One.

Jah bless.

tarren

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 01:53:01 AM »

well said Ark, I used to listen to it up until about a year ago after i realized that it was trash and a tool of corruption. Also many dancehall and dub artist are turning to a extremely lewd corrupt style. case: beenie man , He had so much to say in his past albums , until his most recent album . it was all written about sex and violence. Now a little slack here and there is ok but there is a point where to musicians have gone to far.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 01:56:04 AM by tarren »

ArkI

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 06:06:06 AM »

Tarren,

I looked at your age in your profile because I figured you must be young if you think Beenie Man's past albums had so much to say, you just didn't go back far enough.

Beenie has been around for a while and he used to sing all kind of slackness before.  He only put on his locks when it became trendy to be a Rastaman in dancehall, and he then put out a few albums to look nice with his locks.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

nepea

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 06:50:50 PM »

What has and will be always trying to do Babylon but to tame
generations of youth,source of energy and always possible threat to the 'shitstem'?The strategy continues because it does work.Give the youth a way out to to let out their energy.But there are more ways,there is more knowledge.Make them feel they are free to choose but be ready to be caught by their tentacles.
                          It is always the same old tale.
Punks anarchy!try to bring them to the left.it gives more votes.
At schools  they dare say there is no racism! Then the octopus of official institutions proves the opposite.
                             show me your face and I will see your mask.'the one thing I can't stand is hypocrites' A workmate born in Jamaica told me at school.
                          could you please send me the address of any rasta asociation in London?
                                  nepea

moondog

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2005, 11:14:46 PM »

Sorry, M Dub, you are right.  The original rappers were articulate and innovative, with something real to say.  This "Gangsta" culture is the problem.  It is disturbing (but a litle humourous!) to see kids dressed gangsta stylee in the cotton towns around me!

Jah_Bless

• Senior User
  • Praise ye Jah
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 03:28:26 AM »

Hotep!

I have a hard time believing all of this.  I agree that much "gangsta rap" is no good, but to claim it is some sort of Babylon propaganda is ludicrous (no pun intended).

Why would any sort of government want to encourage crime and poverty?  What does "Babylon" have to gain from corrupted youth?

Overstand that very few governments (especially the American one) could or would be able to pull off such a scheme.  Overstand the dispersal of powers and checks and balances on the government.

Enlighten Iself and learn some things about politics that's 'nuff important, seen?  I and I understand how it can be tempting to believe such conspiratory theories, but I urge the I to be more critical and objective.  It is only through such modalities of thought that I and I will grow.

"Emancipate youself from mental slavery.  None but ourselves can free our minds."

RasTafarI Selassie I
Praise ye Jah

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 07:03:18 PM »

*Sigh* Where to start? I'm sorry you feel the governments are that simple.

I have a hard time believing all of this.  I agree that much "gangsta rap" is no good, but to claim it is some sort of Babylon propaganda is ludicrous (no pun intended).  

What is so ludicrous about this statement?

Why would any sort of government want to encourage crime and poverty?  What does "Babylon" have to gain from corrupted youth?

You obviously don't overstand. Babylon has everything to gain from crime and poverty. Such as:
- Crime means more money to put into the police force, which mean more control over citizens.
- Corrupted youth have no hope, no reason to vote, no drive in life, no chance whatsoever to rebel. The main reason is if you have a bunch of distracted disollusioned youth, they'll take no heed of our environmental or political state, they won't organize to rebel, they're worried about slanging rocks and shootin guns.
- More crime also means more excuses to put away blacks and other minorities. It's a vicious cycle. By promoting (and profiting from) ganster rap, they encourage youths to follow a gangster lifestyle which will leave them dead or in jail (which is just where babylon wants them).

Overstand that very few governments (especially the American one) could or would be able to pull off such a scheme.  Overstand the dispersal of powers and checks and balances on the government.

Please don't use 'overstand' when you obviously don't overstand this. Do you have any idea how advanced and intricate these governments are? They pulled off Iraq, they can pull off anything. They rape tax payers for billions of dollars a year to fund their propoganda (including anti-marijuana ads). You don't think they can pull this off? How simple is it? Encourage record companies to only sign artist who are promoting mindless gangster rap. Did you know all major motion pictures have to be approved by the Pentagon before they're filmed/released? It's way deeper than you can even imagine. There's a specific section of the Pentagon just for the movie reviewing. If you refuse to get your film approved they'll restrict any gov't funding you could get and they'll ban most filmmakers from filming in the U.S. Trust me they can and are doing whatever they want.

I and I understand how it can be tempting to believe such conspiratory theories, but I urge the I to be more critical and objective.  It is only through such modalities of thought that I and I will grow.

This is where the truth came out. You say 'I and I understand'. This is your subconcious self telling you that you don't overstand the big picture. Be critical, but also don't be fooled.

One.

Jah bless.

Jah_Bless

• Senior User
  • Praise ye Jah
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2005, 02:53:04 AM »

Bless up,

Irie Bredren M-Dub, some good reasonings.

If crime increases, "Babylon" does not prosper.  "Babylon" would have to pay for more social services, crime, an uneducated labor force, and a host of other problems.

I and I want to stress the dispersive nature of governments.  You are correct, they are very intricate...they are run by the Idren, seen?

Governments are not some monolithic structure, rather they are dynamic and constantly changing entities that are shaped and controled by its citizens.

This thread does bring up the interesting question of why is negative rap so popular.  

Any thoughts?

Ark I Emmanuel I Selassie I RasTafarI

Praise ye Jah

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.