Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda  (Read 21428 times)

moondog

Re: Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2005, 11:12:16 AM »

.........................................................................................................
Governments are not some monolithic structure, rather they are dynamic and constantly changing entities that are shaped and controled by its citizens.
.........................................................................................................

...and by alienating, marginalising and disenfranchising minority groups, only those with the money and power vote - even in a so-called democracy!  In this country, a right wing government created an entire underclass, effectively removing their sufferage, and were then re-elected by a smaller percentage of a smaller electorate!
We are all heading the same way - by the failure of "democracy" we move towards fractured govenments, easily manipulable by financial powers.

I recognise only one government - the government of RASTAFARI

Respect

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2005, 03:29:16 PM »

I can't comment on where you live, but here the government is definatly not controlled by the people.  This was the original intent.  Today we are far from that original intent.  The government in the USA is controlled by an upper ruling class that offers us candidates to vote for from choices they control.  Neither of the two political parties represent the people and they control the system completely enough that there is virtually no chance of anyone breaking in.  This situation exists on pretty much every level of government, from the top all the way down to the local level.  I became very involved in local politics in my town to the point of etting a corrupt mayor voted out of office.  At the end of the day it made no difference.
That is why I chose to try to reach people on a person to person level.  I realize that I can't change the system on my own, but I have to try and improve the world we live in.  If not for myself, for future generations.
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

Jah_Bless

• Senior User
  • Praise ye Jah
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2005, 11:39:50 PM »

Shep abambo!

The mistake I recognize the most is mistaking the unit of political action for being the individual, when in fact, it is the group.

Just because things seem tough and hard, that does not mean the system is failing.  Just because corporations do exercise political power at times, I and I must realize that they are still at the mercy of their customers and the government itself.

Government is too big and complex to be dominted by one group, secret conspirators, corporations, or a ruling class.  This attitude is what people use to marginalize themselves.  

Vote, participate, and be active, seen?  

Ital vItal RasTafarI
Praise ye Jah

moon

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2005, 11:19:02 PM »

Most High

Forgive all who reject your words and are sucked into the beasts arms, sucking sweetly on his teet, forgive those who know not what they say and forgive those who know not what they do, forgive all InI out-equities and bless us with your greatness, your graetness is great!

Guide us Most High in these times of darkness and let not da tongue guide the idle into folly.

Amlak

Guidance
Blessed Love
xxxxx

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 07:23:47 AM »

Thanks for the ups Fiyahbun.   [smiley=smiley.gif] Even tho it seems pointless sometimes, I never miss an election.  I can still see being involved, but I make sure I chose my battles carefully.  Always good to hear from you bredren.

bless up one love
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

RastaRay

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2005, 07:52:51 PM »

I believe in Babylon Propaganda

Here in Canada Image is the priority.

I live in Canada for many years originally from the UK

I use to manage rap artists and got out of the field after finding out the truth.

Canada is an ethnic melting pot but you would never know it if you are outside looking in. A very high percentage of the music coming out of Canada is delivered by white artists.

The Music Industry in Canada acts as a brochure or a selling tool for the World. There only concern is to maintain the white image or corporate image as I call it.
Of course they will sprinkle a dash of pepper to display equal opportunity but overall their goal is to maintain their corporate image.

For example:

A few years back when reggae was getting popular the music industry decided to have a white reggae artist to represent Canada. (Snow - Informer was his hit).

We have a large black reggae community in Toronto and Montreal and the music industry signed Snow.

Recently we have R&B signers and groups represented by white Artist. The only real chance a black artist can be signed by the mainstream labels is if the music sounds Suburban, commercial or if the Artist has white is his blood and that is still a long shot.

Now I believe in equality for all races.

I am just confirming Babylon Propaganda.

Jah Bless --one love --

[smiley=cool.gif]

RastaRay

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2005, 08:07:50 PM »

Watch Juno Canada's Music Awards http://www.junoawards.ca/
On Sunday April 3rd. 8:30 est

You will see Babylon Propaganda in action with a sprinkle of pepper

Jah Bless -- one love --

JahJahSon

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2005, 01:04:56 AM »

of course its babylon propaganda.  It gives black people a horrible stereotype which is associated with all black people unfortunately.  It promotes violence and is just disgusting.

Murungu

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2005, 07:56:13 AM »

Greetings.

I don't know too much abt gangsta-rap. It never interested me. But still, about the Babylon propaganda-issue, I disagree. I think you wrong. You can not blame everything on babylon. Alot of companies that produces gangsta-rap are independant and not controlled by the gouvernment. It's hard for me to emagine that the gouvernment put words in Snoop Doggs mouth or incourage ppl to write abt killing, smokeing, drinking, bytches, robbing and other crime. And I'm sure that if you ask Snoop he's not gonna tell you that he's lyrics came from anybody else but himself. Gangsa-Rap came frome the Ghetto, that's where it started. Not in the Gouvernment. At least that I know.

Still, Gangsta-Rap IS babylon, cos it's evil, but if you talk about the gouvernment as babylon, is didn't come from there.

Bless..

Murungu

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2005, 08:05:07 AM »

Just a correction.

When I said that Gangsta-Rap never interested me, that's not what I meant. What I meant was that I never liked it. I never approved of it.

Bless..

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2005, 09:32:32 PM »

I don't know too much abt gangsta-rap. It never interested me. But still, about the Babylon propaganda-issue, I disagree. I think you wrong. You can not blame everything on babylon. Alot of companies that produces gangsta-rap are independant and not controlled by the gouvernment. It's hard for me to emagine that the gouvernment put words in Snoop Doggs mouth or incourage ppl to write abt killing, smokeing, drinking, bytches, robbing and other crime. And I'm sure that if you ask Snoop he's not gonna tell you that he's lyrics came from anybody else but himself. Gangsa-Rap came frome the Ghetto, that's where it started. Not in the Gouvernment. At least that I know.

I think the point here is that the government and other organizations ensure what music gets played. Did you know there is a department in the Pentagon that only deals with entertainment? They will grant funding to groups they approve of and they will make life difficult for those that do not. Of course Snoop writes his own music, the point is that all you hear on the radio and MTV is mindless garbage which is what dem want. You don't hear the real artists or the good artists, you hear the artists who choose to conform to the requirements of the entertainment corporation. The government might not own record labels (though I bet they own a couple), but they have a large influence on the entertainment industry. The government had a hand in Tupacs murder and they tried to kill Bob Marley, so they are definitely involved.

One

Jah bless

bporcher

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2005, 08:52:53 AM »

DGs right, it does possess. ive talked to a few people on this forum about this. i find it funny how these rich suburban kids walk around like theyre from the ghetto and they want to be all hardcore and stuff, just because they think its cool, and this stems from gangster rap. altho, i gotta admit, i did that whole thing for a couple months too. ive SEEN it destroy people. my old best friend, he was just a normal kid, a couple problems but nothing big... he went on doing shrooms and acid and all that, started drug dealing and stealing and all that. and it alll started when he was introduced to gangster rap.

Murungu

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2005, 12:56:19 PM »

To Dub.

I still disagree. I don't think it is Babylon Propaganda.

Bless..

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2005, 04:02:08 PM »

I still disagree. I don't think it is Babylon Propaganda.

For what reasons?

One

Jah bless

Murungu

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2005, 07:33:55 PM »

Then all music that is let out to market must be babylon propaganda. What makes gangsta-rap different? It's not only gangsta-rap that has bad language.

Bless..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.