Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda  (Read 21429 times)

ArkI

Re: Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2005, 08:08:41 PM »

All music that is promoted on a large scale is Babylon propaganda.  They have different propaganda for different citizens.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2005, 12:23:19 AM »

All music that is promoted on a large scale is Babylon propaganda.  They have different propaganda for different citizens.

Seen. Who are the artists in Rap you hear promoted the most? Eminem and 50 Cent who are both fake and liars, whether the impact is concious or sub-concious, I'm not sure.

One

Jah bless

Murungu

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2005, 06:28:03 PM »

So why, then, are we only talkin about gangsta-rap? What makes G-R different from orher music. If you say that all music that is produced on a large scale is Babylon Propaganda, then why are you only saying G-R in this thread?

Bless..

ArkI

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2005, 09:20:46 PM »

This focus of this thread is gangsta rap, other forms of music have different purposes and effect. Why is it that people feel that if one thing is spoken about, then all things similar to that subject must also be spoken about at the same time?  If you want to speak about other kinds of music then make a topic and speak about it, instead of just pointing out the fact that it wasn't spoken about in this topic.

There is a time and season for everything.  

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Murungu

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2005, 10:43:48 PM »

But you are not only talkin about gangsta-rap, you are allso talkin about Babylon Propaganda, so I was just wonderin what else is Babylon Propaganda. And I was allso just asking you WHY u bring up only Gangsta-Rap. Sorry for asking. I did't know there were rules for what questions one can ask. "Forgive me".

I'm out.

steven

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2005, 01:57:23 AM »

i agree to some extent but there is just one thing i have to say.  there are some rappers that are actually saying somthing  othere than" get drunk and get high".the fact is that todays rap is just that, rap.  but back when rap was just starting out it had much more meaning,  like with NWA,  they were getting the point across that the government is purposely holding down minorities in order to better themselves and tupac did the same thing.  but i do get where your coming from because i have the same feeling towards todays rap.

ArkI

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2005, 02:56:52 AM »

Murungu, you said,

-------------------
But you are not only talkin about gangsta-rap, you are allso talkin about Babylon Propaganda
-------------------

The topic was about Gangsta Rap, and I was noting in the title that Gangsta Rap is Babylon propaganda.

I only brought out the Gangsta Rap part of babylon propaganda, because I had a message to bring out about Gangsta Rap.

This has nothing to do with rules about questions that can be asked.  It is just that you were speaking in a way like you think it is wrong to have a discussion about Gangsta Rap as babylon propaganda, unless you speak about every other form about babylon propaganda.  I may have interpreted your message wrong, but that is what it seemed to be expressing.  If I misinterpreted, then I apologize.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 03:34:00 AM by ArkI »

ArkI

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2005, 03:23:24 AM »

I will be starting another topic either tonight or in the next couple of days called "Pop Music - Babylon Propaganda"

Murungu, you said,
------------------------
It's hard for me to emagine that the gouvernment put words in Snoop Doggs mouth or incourage ppl to write abt killing, smokeing, drinking, bytches, robbing and other crime. And I'm sure that if you ask Snoop he's not gonna tell you that he's lyrics came from anybody else but himself.
------------------------

It is not about babylon telling the people what to say.  It is about babylon promoting the people who spread the message that they want to spread.

And about the independent companies, the most popular and listened to Gangsta Rappers don't work for the independent companies.  And the reason they are most popular, is because they are promoted by babylon's propaganda department, which is the media industry.  Music, television, radio and movies are run by very few companies.  These companies have their hand in all major propaganda outlets(media).

I posted this topic on I own forum and this is something a sistren posted from the words of KRS-ONE

---------------------------------
SisMenenI        Sent: 2/11/2005 1:58:52 AM

KRS-One on the State of Hip Hop
from the Santa Fe Reporter [reprinted without permission]

How do you feel about the state of hip-hop right now?

Hip-hop is doing very well, rap is struggling. Rap music is dropping 15 percent every three months yet it is 60 percent of all music sold. Gospel, jazz, rock, alternative, speed metal, house, all that is 40 percent. Rap music is…dropping. The music industry is in trouble. And you know why it's in trouble? Because when you turn on the TV, what do you see? Garbage.

People ain't stupid. They can blame it on the Internet all day but nobody wants to be called a bitch and a ho and a nigger and a thug all day and all night. Nobody is going put their money down on that. But that's all you see on the TV, that's all they're promoting. We knew in 1992 when vinyl got snatched off the market that something was going down. Don't get me wrong, we love CDs…but they tried to kill the DJ, kill the conscious lyricist, all the conscious lyrics we were doing so we can't get radio play, can't get in the stores, can't get a decent interview. They killed the market.

BIG UP KRS-ONE!!
Sunday, January 30, 2005
With the Declaration of Peace displayed prominently behind him, the Teacha, KRS-ONE, took the podium again. “Hiphop is a term that describes our independent collective consciousness. Ever growing, it is commonly expressed through such elements as Breakin, Emceein, Graffiti Art, Deejayin, Beatboxin, Street Fashion, Street Language, Street Knowledge and Street Entrepreneurialism.” To about 75 Temple Members, the Teacha asked “Who is your true family?” The Teacha explained that the beginning of one’s oppression and hardship in life begins with the level of support one receives from one’s family. That in order to create peace and prosperity family unity is a must. However, who is your family? The ones that support the real you are your true family.
http://www.templeofhiphop.org/

---------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 03:37:22 AM by ArkI »

Murungu

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2005, 10:05:51 AM »

Ark, you are just tooo sweet!  [smiley=kiss.gif]

I think you misunderstood my ques. Or maybe I put it the wrong way. What I meant, was Why did you bring up only Gangsta-Rap? Anyways, it doesn't matter. No matter how u turn it, we still agree on one thing. Gangsta-Rap is whaste of tyme and energy. Good for nothing.

Next tyme, maybe you can start a thread about Gwen Stefani ft. Eve, stealin music from Lady Saw an Lady G, calls it her own, and trashes it completely.  [smiley=tongue.gif] Yukk. It has annoyed me since I first heard the song on TV (with Gwen). Now THAT'S BABYLON!!!!!!  

So I kinda see your point about babylon promoting music. The song was newer known in the western world until Gwen stole it. I used to like Gwen before, but now I can not stand her. She ruined me and ma sistrens favourite song.

I'm sorry if I'm off subject here. But I just had to get it out! And it felt Good.  [smiley=grin.gif]

Bless you, Ark I, for your wisdom.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2005, 06:07:52 PM »

i agree to some extent but there is just one thing i have to say.  there are some rappers that are actually saying somthing  othere than" get drunk and get high".the fact is that todays rap is just that, rap.  but back when rap was just starting out it had much more meaning,  like with NWA,  they were getting the point across that the government is purposely holding down minorities in order to better themselves and tupac did the same thing.  but i do get where your coming from because i have the same feeling towards todays rap.

Sorry, just thought I'd point out, NWA is part of this senseless trash. Just because they put a tiny message in a song or two, doesn't mean they are contributing anything positive. No disrespect.

One

Jah bless

sleepy

• Regular User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2005, 07:07:29 PM »

I was reasoning with a Bobo RasTafarI Idren of mine about Gangsta Rap.  I and I were reasoning about how Gangsta Rap is Babylon Propaganda and is being promoted to destroy the Black Youth living in Babylon.  My Idren was also reasoning that certain people in high positions in the Rap industry have connections with the CIA.

Babylon is encouraging the youth to kill and abuse their brothers and sisters.  Babylon has created and glorified this image for the youth to move towards.  They don't even need to recruit Rappers to enslave the minds of the youth.  The popularity of the image encourages youth to become skilled Gangsta Rappers and spread the message of Babylon to destroy future generations.  Most don't even realize what they are doing, but are just following the accepted image.

Gangsta Rappers need to learn the ways of Jah and turn the table with the voice they have been given.  They should be teaching the youth the ways of Jah and use their skills to bring them together as One, instead of dividing them.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

bredrin you have INI looking at gangsta rap in a whole new lite tanx
jah bless and forever living,
sleepy

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2005, 06:18:51 AM »

I love to listen to Bone Thugs and Harmony. Maybe their bad language etc is wrong and maybe i am wrong to believe that they struggled from the ghettos of the United Slums of America. I guess what i hear from them touches me inside. Maybe a lot of gangsta rap is propoganda but we can't stop people from lining these peoples pockets with dosh. Don't know .... Maybe there is better stuff around. We had a documentary here on tv recently that said our "ethnic" kids here wanted to be just like the americans "gangstas". All it did was make these kids look like F wits.

Mike

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2005, 07:27:16 AM »

What do you think of the Dancehall scene in Jamaica den?i respect guys like Bounty Killa because he is just telling it like it is,he isnt glorifying it and he is truly gangsta.

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2005, 09:56:46 AM »

If some one truely struggled to make it in the "celebrity world" and made it...then all creds to them. I'm sorry i don't know who you are talking bout cause music is very sheltered here. You have to investigate to found out bout bands/singers who are not top 40 here

Murungu

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2005, 07:42:16 PM »

I like Bone Thugs'n Harmony too. Been listening to them since I was abt 15. Is that Gangsta-Rap?

Bless..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.