Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda  (Read 21425 times)

tarren

Re: Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2005, 07:52:44 PM »

I like Bone Thugs'n Harmony too. Been listening to them since I was abt 15. Is that Gangsta-Rap?

Bless..

Yes gangsta-rap

ScrewFaceKiLLA

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2005, 08:25:16 PM »

Gangsta rap is not Babylon Propaganda...

But violence/drugs/money are glorified in this genre of music.
It makes sense for the ShiT-stem to push this back on the opressed because it adds to the sensation of fear and amplify's the struggle to get outta the tenement.
The majority of cd purchases for Gangsta rap sales comes from the middle classes these days. So the shiT-stem's idea is beginning to backfire.
I've been on a microphone, for over 10 year's, and the complexity of what you say can be taken in a hundred different way's because it is all perception, but i am aware of what i am saying because you give power to word's and these word's will then become an action because that is the nature of things...

Hip-Hop is in a state of emergency, saturation of fakE phoney rappers is reaching really high level's,too many Mc's wanna be Mc's never be Mc's cos they can't Mc.

If you were to strip down my character, at the base of my being, you would find Hip-Hop and Jah...

Fight the shitsteM with music'...
The problem is that people aren't realizing the history behind the movement.
We need to combine all the ghetto's, all the oppressed into one people, like the beast is doing.
The truth stares me in the face, but what can i do, the power is in the people and politics we address but it's easier for me to walk over to the fridge and grab a beer than it is to start a revolution...You know what happens to revolutionary's..They get crucified, burned, shot, in-prisoned ignored and passed off as crazy.
So i'll see you in the fire, dragging a cross, bullet wounded as i go off to prison. WaiT a minute,.. i think i still gotta beer left in the fridge yea, let me finish that first cos i was born alone, and i'll die alone so i'll numb the pain for now and start the revolution tomorrow...

So Fear what you don't understand. . .and kill what you can't conquer. . .c'mon ..

We are @ war my brethren. The dragon will be slayed.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2005, 08:54:55 PM »

Gangsta rap is not Babylon Propaganda...

But violence/drugs/money are glorified in this genre of music.
It makes sense for the ShiT-stem to push this back on the opressed because it adds to the sensation of fear and amplify's the struggle to get outta the tenement.
The majority of cd purchases for Gangsta rap sales comes from the middle classes these days. So the shiT-stem's idea is beginning to backfire.
I've been on a microphone, for over 10 year's, and the complexity of what you say can be taken in a hundred different way's because it is all perception, but i am aware of what i am saying because you give power to word's and these word's will then become an action because that is the nature of things...

Hip-Hop is in a state of emergency, saturation of fakE phoney rappers is reaching really high level's,too many Mc's wanna be Mc's never be Mc's cos they can't Mc.

If you were to strip down my character, at the base of my being, you would find Hip-Hop and Jah...

Fight the shitsteM with music'...
The problem is that people aren't realizing the history behind the movement.
We need to combine all the ghetto's, all the oppressed into one people, like the beast is doing.
The truth stares me in the face, but what can i do, the power is in the people and politics we address but it's easier for me to walk over to the fridge and grab a beer than it is to start a revolution...You know what happens to revolutionary's..They get crucified, burned, shot, in-prisoned ignored and passed off as crazy.
So i'll see you in the fire, dragging a cross, bullet wounded as i go off to prison. WaiT a minute,.. i think i still gotta beer left in the fridge yea, let me finish that first cos i was born alone, and i'll die alone so i'll numb the pain for now and start the revolution tomorrow...

So Fear what you don't understand. . .and kill what you can't conquer. . .c'mon ..

We are @ war my brethren. The dragon will be slayed.

I agree with all you said right there. Fight off Babylon with music! Let us join forces! InI am in the same boat as you...you use hip-hop, I use rock, blues, and reggae. But all these small differences are one as we are out to do the same thing.

I don't know if you were implying physical violence at any point in there at which point that's my only quarrell. Realize the disconnection between Jah's natural creation and conscious, which is in us all, and the actions the given person does. Take away their ignorance, not their life.

Much love, thanks, and raspect.

One love
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 08:56:07 PM by Positive_Vibration »

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2005, 09:25:59 PM »

My one concern with gangsta rap is the message that it sends to young people here. A young boy on tv said that they (the gangstas) have everything he wants and that the message he recieves from their music is that in order to have all these things you need to become a gun toting drug dealer and use violence against others. Not the best message to be giving to young people. They may percieve things that they hear in a totally different light to what an adult percieves but it is a little scarey to think that children are getting this message. It doesn't really help them to make the right decisions in life.

Murungu

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2005, 10:19:45 AM »

ScrewFace, I agree with you there. And that was exactly the point I tried to get out. Thanx!

Bless..

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2005, 05:46:08 PM »

My one concern with gangsta rap is the message that it sends to young people here. A young boy on tv said that they (the gangstas) have everything he wants and that the message he recieves from their music is that in order to have all these things you need to become a gun toting drug dealer and use violence against others. Not the best message to be giving to young people. They may percieve things that they hear in a totally different light to what an adult percieves but it is a little scarey to think that children are getting this message. It doesn't really help them to make the right decisions in life.

This is exactly one of the examples how rap is being used as Babylon Propoganda. Trying to instill the wrong ideals in those with little hope.

One

Jah bless

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2008, 11:28:39 PM »

Just thought I'd clear something up, it's not rap or hip hop that causes division, it's this fake 'gangster rap'.

Overstand, rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live.

One.

Jah bless.

true brotha i can tell the I likes KRS ONE he always says that^^.
rap is not Hip hop it is a part of Hip hop, hip hop is bboying (break dancing), graffiti writing,Mcing, and DJing.
sorry i love to babble about Hip hop I'm a bboy so thats what I do lol.
bless up bro.
ke.

"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

RAS GROWSTRONG

• Normal User
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 03:41:53 AM »

its enough slack reggae artist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBwwqPbYOR8
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.