Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Reggae Festivals and Tours  (Read 30878 times)

Sistah_D

Re: Reggae Festivals and Tours
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 07:22:54 PM »

Look out for I Wayne, Bascom X & Fantom Mojah appearing in London end March early April.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 12:07:47 AM »

I know the Wailers are coming to America, and will certainly be playing the New England/New York circuit. Check them out! Tickets are cheap and their current singer, Gary 'Nesta' Pines, is regarded as the greatest singer the band has had since Bob Marley. Though he tries not to mock Marley at all, he's got a very very soulful, versatile voice of his own. I have several live recordings of them.

If you're interested, check it out quick cause the shows are pretty soon. www.wailers.com

One love, one world, lets unite

Natty_Ras

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2005, 06:30:41 PM »

if any one knows of any grounation in PR drop me a private message [smiley=wink.gif]

Jah Bless

bandit3357

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2005, 02:49:08 PM »

I went to the wailers on Sunday and let me tell you it was so amazing, I looked up on stage and would have to do a double take because there were a bunch of times when I swear Robert Nesta was singing and dancing up a storm on stage.  It was the greatest concert ever.

empressdevine4eva

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 10:16:52 PM »

E IN  NAME OF HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I KING OF KINGS LORD OF LORDS CONQUERING LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH...TRY ZIGGY'S IN WINSTON -SAEM,N.C.... THEY HAVE ALOT OF CONCERTS WITH TOP NAME ARTIST AS WELL AS LOCAL BANDS....THEY HAVE A ONE LOVE FESTIVAL AROUND LABOR DAY IN GREENSBORO,N.C. AS WELL AS A MOTHERS' DAY CONCERT HELD AT ZIGGY'S...TRY TREMONT MUSICS HALL ALSO FOR UPCOMING EVENTS IN THE CHARLOTTE,N.C. AREA.HOPE I WAS SOME HELP.

mc420wt

• New User
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 03:58:45 PM »

Anyone who has info on any festivals in the NYC area, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.  Peace and Love to ALL!
Peace to all.

LadyRock

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 05:12:23 PM »

Ahhh, nuff music around New England, USA this summer, in FESTIVal form:

Midnite
NYC - SOB's May 31
Asheville, NC June 2 (not festival, but it's Midnite...)

Vermont Reggae Festival
June 24 - 25, 2005
Barton, VT
vermontreggae.org

JahLove Reggae Festival
(from one of the producers of the former New England Reggae Festival)
July 9 & 10, 2005
Escoheag, RI
jahlovefestival.com

Montreal Reggae Festival
July 15, 16, 17
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
montrealreggaefest.com

Ocean State reggae Fest
July 23, 24 2005
oceanstatereggae.com

------ 1 Love -----

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 01:15:23 AM »

Greetings everyone,

Does anyone know where Rastas get together in the NYC area?

http://www.reggaecarifest.com/

Get tickets before May 31st for only $35!

Luciano, Capleton, Buju Banton, and the bill keeps growing. Last year they had Jimmy Cliff!

Its going to be HUGE bredren...a grand meeting of Jah people

One love

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 01:17:08 AM »

I went to the wailers on Sunday and let me tell you it was so amazing, I looked up on stage and would have to do a double take because there were a bunch of times when I swear Robert Nesta was singing and dancing up a storm on stage.  It was the greatest concert ever.

Yes, I saw the Wailers recently too.

I have all the albums with Bob but just as many of them now in the form of live shows. So very good!

The band has greatly improved through the years

RasRaulik

• Senior User
  • Truth is the light, so you can't give up the fight
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2005, 02:20:15 AM »

I know the Wailers are coming to America, and will certainly be playing the New England/New York circuit. Check them out! Tickets are cheap and their current singer, Gary 'Nesta' Pines, is regarded as the greatest singer the band has had since Bob Marley. Though he tries not to mock Marley at all, he's got a very very soulful, versatile voice of his own. I have several live recordings of them.

If you're interested, check it out quick cause the shows are pretty soon. www.wailers.com

One love, one world, lets unite

yes brethren

I have had the privellege of seeing the Wailers band Live 3 times in the past two years and had the even higher privellege of meeting Aston Family man Barret and other band members. they had the fattest spliff burnin on stage but even tho there were police present, dem nah do nuttin. except groove along to the music.

Gary Nesta Pine is no Bob but damn he is still very gud and gets better and better everytime i see him.

but i must warn you if you attent these shows you better put on your dancin shoes coz once the music start fe play youl be locked in with the rhythm and familymans Bass.

RAS-PECT
Truth is the light, so you can't give up the fight!!!

RasRaulik

• Senior User
  • Truth is the light, so you can't give up the fight
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2005, 02:25:10 AM »

I must also add that the last wailers concert i went to was the BEST BEST BEST show i ever went to and i have been to many shows especially reggae. i dont know if i'll see another show as gud as that. that is unless Bob's spirit comes back to perfom again.
Truth is the light, so you can't give up the fight!!!

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2005, 12:39:56 AM »

I must also add that the last wailers concert i went to was the BEST BEST BEST show i ever went to and i have been to many shows especially reggae. i dont know if i'll see another show as gud as that. that is unless Bob's spirit comes back to perfom again.

Seen. The Wailers are possibly the best reggae band around today - certainly in the rank of Luciano, Toots, Buju, Culture, and Spear.

It's the original and it can't be beat. Familyman made a great choice by picking the musicans he did. Gary Pine is hands down the greatest vocalist they've had since Marley. I'd even say that he's, on a vocal level, even better.

I was also delighted when I heard a little of his solo stuff and heard that that too is fantastic.

You can check out Lite It Up at onevibration.net though you've probably heard that song before at least once in the three times you saw them.

Legendary.

One love

Mary_Jane

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2005, 02:25:25 AM »

jjeeeeeeeeej! Tomorow I'll go to ska-reggae party!! :D

joeyb

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2005, 03:51:17 PM »

where can we find out about uk reggae tours?

OneLove

ladiM

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 04:33:46 PM »

Greetins joey,
I live in the west mids. I regulalry go to The Buttermarket in Shrewsbury. They have a regular roots nite with the likes of morgans heritage, luciano, freddi mcgregor, etc. it is a good idea to keep an eye on their web site for touring artists.
one love
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.