Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Threat to Livity.  (Read 869 times)

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
Threat to Livity.
« on: February 18, 2005, 03:12:50 PM »

Recent article from the Organic Newsletter:

ACTION ALERT--TERMINATE THE TERMINATOR
Consumer, farmer, and environmental organizations across the globe are mobilizing to stop the legalization and commercialization of the controversial Terminator Gene Technology, whereby seeds are genetically engineered to become sterile or commit suicide after one growing season. The Monsanto corporation and the biotech industry support the Terminator Technology, because it will force many of the 1.4 billion farmers around the world to stop saving their seeds and instead to purchase patented seed varieties from the Gene Giants. In addition, scientists are concerned that genetic pollution from Terminator crops will lead to killing off a wide range of crops and plants, as Terminator pollen and seeds are spread by the wind, insect pollinators, and commercial seed co-mingling and transportation. After a massive international campaign in 1998, Monsanto Corporation announced they were shelving plans to commercialize the Terminator, while the United Nations (UN) called for a global ban. But today (2/11/2005), renewed efforts to overturn the worldwide ban were launched at a UN conference in Bangkok.

Learn more and sign OCA's petition to the UN to terminate the Terminator Gene:
http://organicconsumers.org/un.htm

I encourage everyone to sign the petition by following the weblink.

One.

Jah bless.

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: Threat to Livity.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 03:29:10 PM »

[smiley=shocked.gif] These companies could not have been thinking  of anything but the bottom line.  
When I first started gardening I saved seeds without realizing what Hybrid ment.  I got some really strange vegtables the next year.
But this could potentially destroy our planet.
What really scares me is how many of these shortsighted people are in charge. [smiley=angry.gif]
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

Harmonics

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 01:18:13 AM »

these people are backwards, they see the earth as something they own. They have a completely backwards point-of-view. We rely on the earth, it owns us. If the earth could speak. If only it could speak. What would it say?

BLING_BLAOH

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 06:58:12 PM »

Like LMS seh, "Dem only build and destroy." And when Mother Earth shows her wrath, dem waan act like dummies. Mi nuh rate dem at all.

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 12:48:36 PM »

seen!!

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.