Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New users who can't start a topic  (Read 10327 times)

saturnia

Re: New users who can't start a topic
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 03:53:11 PM »

greetings
i am from uk is anyone else?
i am very interested in rasta fari i am mixed race
lately i have noticed i have had some visions, dreams about it all
i listen to reggae music and other sorts
i would really like to speak to a spiritual teacher about these dreams, i have heard a lot of music in it all, it sounds crazy but i do not know what to do about it
i am an artist, dancer and learning music
i also would like to tal;k to other spiritual people in the uk or anywhere as i need guidence
already i belive in herbs and crystals and healing  but the material world distresses me a lot and i have a lot of vexations with it, i do not want to go down this path again
my family are not totally rastafarian
also i am part arabic so i study eygyptian spiritulity as well
i feel there are a lot of people out there who say they are spiritual who arent and i have been led off the path or distracted, its now time me to connect with community more and be more
anyway if there is anyone who wants to chat
i say hello
also i have heard a lot of things about Lee Perry somebody told me that bob marley stole tunes from him, i didn't belive it but...lets see what others think?
is this true what do people think of him and his music in general, is he spiritual or not
anyways that is a long post
bye for now [smiley=shocked.gif]

Naty_Dred

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 10:57:34 PM »

Greetings, My name is Ethan and I am new to these fourms, as well as the Rastafarian faith.  I have always thought about becoming a Rastafarian since I first started smoking the herb. But anyways I just thought I would start off in good faith by properly introducing myself. I look forward to participating actively in this forum.

Peace

Blazin

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 02:39:52 AM »

Hello. im new to this...as of this minute! ive been studying up on the Rastafarian Religion. I think things and say things and i dont know where its coming from. i want things but dont need them, so i do without. but why am i still wanting?  [smiley=huh.gif] hmmmm

blaze on.

Jah bless

TheIronLion

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2005, 07:37:44 PM »

Hi, im new here too. I do have alot of questions to ask but will wait till ive spent a bit more time here before I ask them.

To give you an idea of my back ground, im a 23 year old male from Australia and i consider myself a follower of Jesus but have always hesitated to call myself a Christian due to not agreeing with all the dogma of the church ect. Though im not interested in becoming rastafari myself i feel i can learn alot about the Lord from you due to the honest and open way you talk about him. Im always open to hear peoples opinion regarding Jesus and religion.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

God Bless

Mike

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 12:32:14 PM »

I can't start a new topic so I'll post something here, I wondered what peoples thoughts on these lyrics were, and that maybe there could be a thread where people can post lyrics that weren't obviously rasta but triggered some form of deep thought and/or questioning and more knowledged rasta's could put across their opinion upon the song lyrics....

(Talking)
Once upon a time at the foot of a great mountain, there was a town where the people known as Happyfolk lived,(Chorus in background humming)their very existence a mystery to the rest of the world, obscured as it was by great clouds. Here they played out their peaceful lives, innocent of the litany of excess and violence that was growing in the world below. To live in harmony with the spirit of the mountain called Monkey was enough. (Chorus stops humming) Then one day Strangefolk arrived in the town. They came in camouflage, hidden behind dark glasses,no one noticed them: they only saw shadows. You see, without the Truth of the Eyes, the Happyfolk were blind.

(Singing)
hauling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes
Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home
Jump out from behind them, and shoot them in the head
Now everybody's dancing the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead
The dance of the dead.

(Talking)
(Chorus humming in background) In time, the Strangefolk found their way into the higher reaches of the mountain, and it was there that they found the caves of unimaginable Sincerity and Beauty. By chance, they stumbled upon the place where all good souls come to rest. (Chorus stops humming) The Strangefolk, they coveted the jewels in these caves above all things, and soon they began to mine the mountain, its rich seam fueling the chaos of their own world. Meanwhile, down in the town, the Happyfolk slept restlessly, their dreams invaded by shadowy figures digging away at their souls. Every day, people would wake and stare at the mountain. Why was it bringing darkness into their lives? (Chorus humming in background) And as the Strangefolk mined deeper and deeper into the mountain, holes began to appear, bringing with them a cold and bitter wind that chilled the very soul of the Monkey. For the first time, the Happyfolk felt fearful for, they knew that soon the Monkey would stir from its deep sleep. (Chorus stops humming) Then there came a sound. Distant first, it grew into castrophany so immense it could be heard far away in space (echoes). There were no screams. There was no time. The mountain called Monkey had spoken. There was only fire. And then, nothing.

Oh, little town in U.S.A
The time has come to see
It's nothing you believe or who you are
But where were you when the planet all came down on me
Did you call me now?

The song is titled 'fire coming out of the monkeys head' and it is by the band 'gorillaz' - any insight would be nice...

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2006, 01:15:15 PM »

There is something chinese about it. [smiley=grin.gif]
The Stone monkey and the Mountain.
Ash-Tree
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

Saba

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 10:20:58 PM »

Hey,
I am also new here.  I really like this page and hope that I will have lots of time to read the messages.

Sista_Queen

• New User
  • PEACE AND BLESSINGS
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 07:23:05 PM »

Quote from: irie link=topic=1469. msg26548#msg26548 date=1114649295
JAH LIVES.   I M A NEW USER & I HAVE BEEN DOING A RESEARCH ON RASTAFARI.   ANYTHING ANYONE CAN TELL ME WILL HELP A LOT.   JAH BLESS.
I TOO AM NEW TO THE RASTA FAMILY.  I AM LOOKING FOR  A GUIDE.
I WANT TO BE TAUGHT THE TRUE WAY TO REPRESENT THE COMMUNITY
PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE WILLING TO TEACH.
PLEASE KEEP PM'S RELATED TO THE REQUEST.

PEACE AND BLESSINGS FAMILY.
I CAN HANDLE FAILURE, I CAN NO LONGER HANDLE REGRET

Ads

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 02:49:24 PM »

Hi
I am not rasta I am not any creed I just want a better understanding 

Spliffmeister

• Newbie User
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 10:49:17 PM »

Hey yall i'm new bin runnin eyes over forum, i hope i dont repeat any passed subjects peace yall
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.