Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Purpose Driven Life  (Read 758 times)

InI_Scott

• Full User
  • Chapter a Day!
Purpose Driven Life
« on: May 08, 2005, 02:23:02 PM »

Has anyone read this book "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren?

I received it as a gift from a Christian Friend whom I reason with from time to time.  I guess this is one of the "all time best seller" type books and it has been prepared as a daily reading over a 40-day period.  As my friend said "if that many are reading it, there must be some truth in their to discover".

The underlying theme is to "guide one on a 40-day spiritual journey" to discover and answer the question: "what on earth am I here for?"

I have been reading for only 5 days, but it is a very nice and easily grasped book for those starting a journey.  Scripture is creatively incorporated in each chapter and is presented in a very clear and concise manner.  It is much more user friendly than most "self help" books attempting to speak of God.  I am actually enjoying it.

Any one else have an opinion?

One
Scott

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
Re: Purpose Driven Life
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 04:01:09 PM »

I have heard about this book too. Actually, a friend gave me her copy to read but I gave it back before really getting into it. I had wanted to read it, but just wasn't able to commit to the 40-day journey at that point in time. Unfortunately, she took offense to that.  [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Now that you've made me remember this book, I may just go pick up a copy from the local Barnes & Noble. Come to think of it, I ordered another book over a week ago and they have yet to contact me.   [smiley=huh.gif]  B&N is trippin!   [smiley=smiley.gif]

Anyway, I am interested to know what you think of the book when you've finished.

Be blessed.

InI_Scott

• Full User
  • Chapter a Day!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 09:35:55 PM »

Sounds Good Carla--I'll be sure to report back here when I've gotten further into the book.

So far I'm enjoying it.  Each chapter (only 5-8 pages per chapter) ends with three things to think about as you go about your day.  He also did a great job incorporating scripture--this has been my favorite part because I just recently purchased my first Bible and it is nice to reflect on the different scriptures from the Christian sight of this book but also review it for my own overstanding in how I sight these things.

Look forward to discussing it in the near future.

One,
Scott

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 06:39:42 PM »

Greetings and peace.

I was given this book as a gift and haven't started it yet. Thanks for reminding me! We'll reason when we've both finished (and Carla if B&N every hooks her up!  [smiley=smiley.gif])

One

Jah bless

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 28 queries.