Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Jesus Christ  (Read 27494 times)

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
Re: Jesus Christ
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 09:51:05 PM »

Great words Empress. I as well do not pray to Jesus, I pray to Jah. Let us not forget that the devils who used Christianity for evil were not righteous people.

One

Jah bless

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 10:41:57 PM »

Thanx EmpressGong. I will meditate on your words.

Be blessed.

whereismyzion

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2005, 02:36:34 AM »

InI see Jesus and Salassie are men. But InI know dat the kingdom is within men. and so i give thanks and praise to the older ones of creation, Jesus, Moses, HIM,.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 02:36:49 AM by whereismyzion »

herbsman

• Veteran User
  • BAST....AUSUR ..AUSET...TUT-M OSES...AMN-HTP. ..Ra'
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2005, 03:36:39 PM »

yet who opened da Seals...???

does NO idrens  have dis knowledge ?

MIKE
da HAMMER
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 03:37:33 PM by herbsman »
The Secret Gates of the House of AUSUR..SEKHET-ARU.....15 Aats..........the ax is the ADZ ...!!!...ASES Amentet....MENUQET ...!!!

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 06:39:59 PM »

Ises,
dere are many interpretations concerning deh seals, Ini deal wid deh one dat is of reality.  deh seven seald are deh eyes, two nostrils, deh mouth ad two ears as dey are on deh top of deh temple(Ras means head,tafari=to be feared), close tuh deh crown. deh other two orifices are at deh bottom of deh temple representing deh lower self.  it is only when one can master dese "7" I-vine orifices of deh temple dat deh seven seals have been loosed.  

through I-Majesty's character, deeds, progressive thinking, His titles, His position pon deh Throne of David and His overall reign, He is deh only man found worthy tuh loose deh seven seals.

JAH Rastafari
Haile Selassie I

chesarion

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2005, 08:15:52 PM »

No one can deny that Jesus was the Son of God....There are proofs of his crucifixion and there are lots of texts from that period that testify his resurrection (some included in the bible, some not)....and thats the subject of many prohecies in the bible......So as far as I can see Jesus is our lord and saviour....Salassie is the one worthy to open the seven seals and that's why i consider him devine too....

alex

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2005, 12:26:21 AM »

Yes i can most certainly deny the Jesus is the son of God

chesarion

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 03:10:09 PM »

How come? give me 5 reasons why he is not son of God, and i'll give you ten reasons why he IS!!!

alex

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2005, 03:27:12 PM »

1. in Quran God says that he has not begotten a son despite waht the pagan trinatarian christians have said.
2. No where in the bible does he claim to be the son of God
3. the very word "son" in the hebrew/ahramic languages dont literally mean "son: but means "servant" so obviously this demonstrates how the translations of the bible have been misunderstood
4. Other people in the bible have been called the "son" of God, Hebrews 11:17 "By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice.  He who had received the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son...."
Jeremiah 31:9 "I am a Father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn."  
Psalm 2:7 "....Jehovah had said onto me (David), thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee, so whats so special about jesus being the son of God even if he is.
5. If jesus was the "son" of God than tell me did God sleep with Mary and does God look like a man?

alex

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2005, 03:35:44 PM »

and do you think the bible actually means a biologically son? back than "son" didnt neccesarly biological son but it was like for example a blacksmith to a apprantice would say "son" and the apprentice would say "father" even though they werent really related they still had a common cause.

Oo.oO

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »

"1. in Quran God says that he has not begotten a son despite waht the pagan trinatarian christians have said."

*1. In the Holy Bible it says that He has begotten a son.

Luke Ch.1 v.35 - "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee: wherefore also the holy thing which is begotten shall be called the Son of God."
John Ch.1 v.14 - "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father), full of grace and truth."
John Ch.1 v.18 - "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."
John Ch.3 v.16 - "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life."
John Ch.3 v.18 - "He that believeth on him is not judged: he that believeth not hath been judged already, because he hath not believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"2. No where in the bible does he claim to be the son of God."

*2. Yes, Jesus does make this claim,  neither does He ever deny it!

Matthew Ch.8 v.28-34 - (...v.29) And behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with You, Jesus, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?
Matthew Ch.14 v.22-33 - (...v.33) And those in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, Truly You are the Son of God.
Matthew Ch.16 v.13-20 - (...v.16) And Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Matthew Ch.26 v.57-68 - (...v.63-64) But Jesus was silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, I adjure you by the living God that you tell us whether you are the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus said to him, "It is as you said. I tell you more. From this time you shall see the Son of Man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of the heavens."
Mark Ch.3 v.1-12 - (...v.11)  And unclean spirits, when they saw Him, they fell down before Him and cried, saying, You are the Son of God!
Mark Ch.5 v.1-20 - (...v.7) And cried with a loud voice, and said, What is to me and to You, Jesus, son of the Most High God? I adjure You by God not to torment me.
Mark Ch.15 v.33-41 - (...v.39) And when the centurion, who stood across from him, saw that He cried out so, and expired, he said, Truly this man was Son of God.
Luke Ch.1 v.35 - And the angel answered and said to her, The Holy Spirit shall come on you, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow you. Therefore also that Holy One which will be born of you shall be called Son of God.
Luke Ch.4 v.1-13 - (...v.3) And the Devil said to Him, If you are the Son of God, speak to this stone that it might become bread.
Luke Ch.4 v.40-41 - (...v.41) And also demons came out of many, crying out and saying, You are the Christ, the Son of God! And rebuking them, He did not allow them to speak; for they knew Him to be the Christ.
Luke Ch.22 v.66-71 - (...v.70) And they all said, Are you then the Son of God? And He said to them, You rightly say that I AM!
John Ch.1 v.43-51 - (...v.49) Nathanael answered and said to Him, Rabbi, You are the Son of God. You are the King of Israel!
John Ch.6 v.60-71 - (...v.69) And we have believed and have known that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.
John Ch.9 v.35-41 - (...v.32-39) From everlasting it was not heard that anyone opened the eyes of one who was born blind. If this One were not of God, He could do nothing. They answered and said to him, You were altogether born in sins, and do you teach us? And they cast him out. Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and finding him, He said to him, Do you believe on the Son of God? And he answered and said, Who is He, Lord, that I might believe on Him? And Jesus said to him, You have both seen Him, and it is He who is speaking with you. And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshiped Him. And Jesus said, I have come into this world for judgment, that they who do not see might see, and that they who see might be made blind.
John Ch.10 v.36 - do you say of Him whom the Father has sanctified and sent into the world, You blaspheme, because I said, I am the Son of God?
John Ch.11 v.1-16 (...v.4) When Jesus heard, He said, This sickness is not to death, but for the glory of God, so that the Son of God might be glorified by it.
John Ch.11 v.17-37 - (...v26-27) And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this? She said to Him, Yes, Lord, I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who has come into the world.
John Ch.19 v.7 The Jews answered him, We have a Law, and by our Law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

etc... etc...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oo.oO

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2005, 05:58:40 PM »

Cont...

"4. Other people in the bible have been called the "son" of God, Hebrews 11:17 "By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice.  He who had received the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son...." "

*4. This is speaking of Abraham's one & only son, Isaac... not God's. It is a misinterpretation on your part!

Psalm 2:7 "....Jehovah had said onto me (David), thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee, so whats so special about jesus being the son of God even if he is.

This passage - Psalm Ch.2 v.1-12 is a prophetic message about the triumph of the promised Messiah, Jesus. Incidentally, Jesus fulfilled every prophecy about the Messiah, which were written before He was born. Again, you have misunderstood, or been misinformed.

"5. If jesus was the "son" of God than tell me did God sleep with Mary and does God look like a man?"

*5. Jesus was conceived by the power of the eternal Holy Spirit of God, & was given the vehicle of flesh through Mary, from the line of David (both legally & biologically).

Matthew Ch.1 v.18-25
Luke Ch.1 v.26-38
John Ch.1 v.1-34

John Ch.1 v.18 - No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

Let no one deceive you. Seek for yourselves these things, & see that they are true.

Peace to you all
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 06:00:31 PM by Oo.oO »

haftrini

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 06:15:29 AM »

I worship Christ as God in the flesh and look to Selassie I for inspiration from HIM's holy life and dedication to the same Christ.

It's never really bothered me much that a lot of Christians are only so in name. If you take the Apostles to reason and consider Judas, then one out of every 12 Christians could be a Judas, but more so as the End come, as John says that many antiChrists have gone out in the world.

In Trinidad, many Rastas would steal with the excuse that since all belongs to Jah then all is up for grabs, but I never hated the bredren over this one. If he were a real Rasta he wouldn't steal unless it was bread to feed himself or what not, so it's not like in my mind I equated Rasta with theft. I just saw a Rasta who wasn't acting right at the time.

Same with Christians. If white "Christians" kept slaves, then what Christ did they get this reasoning from? From the One that said He came to set captives free? Like Judas they may run with the lions but on that Day they'll be put out with the goats and under the feet of Him Who Rules from Zion, Christ Eternal!

Slavery and the like is Babylon. Freedom and respect for all is Zion. Or so I see it.

But here in the Western Hemisphere I don't blame anyone who distrust Christianity.

First, anyone worthy of respect earns it from you first, so you shouldn't trust anyone who says they come in the name of good anyway until they earn the right to be trusted. So Christians here have some respect to earn, not demand.

Second, the Christianity here is mostly dogma and self-centered protest rather than a helping hand and freedom. What good does any of this do? Christ was pleased when the Apostles set men free and fed the multitudes in His name, not when the demons were subject to them.

If Christianity doesn't have a good name I think it's because the love that we were commanded to have is gone from the streets. We should be ready to die for our neighbor, not ready to judge him.

With Rasta, this missing love is being brought back to the front. Selassie I lived it and taught it, now we must do the same.

That's how I see things.

whereismyzion

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2005, 05:09:01 PM »

Doesnt it say in the Bible that the Lord lets us all be sons of god??

whereismyzion

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2005, 05:10:44 PM »

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
And Jesus said, I have come into this world for judgment, that they who do not see might see, and that they who see might be made blind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So Jesus gives us the power to become the sons of god. he gives us help to see mighty Jah kingdom. I belive that it all comes from within I selves. that within I selves we have to power to be sons of god, Jesus was! and because Jesus was also a man- it would be fair to assume that we too could be like Jesus,
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 05:22:41 PM by whereismyzion »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.