Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Jesus Christ  (Read 27493 times)

Raszeb

Re: Jesus Christ
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2005, 03:30:03 PM »

Bozzy I don't get what you are saying. Are you telling Rasta people about intollerance that catholics have against them? This is very strange. Catholic is the lagerst most powerful sect of christainity. Should Rasta feel sorry for catholics? when someone judge something shouldn't they take the sum of all parts. It seems like the wolves ate most of the catholic sheep. So maybe the few sheep in the congregation are the exception to the rule.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2005, 05:53:35 PM »

Jesus is NOT the father, nor is he the Holy Spirt, but he IS God. The Father is NOT Jesus (The Son), but He IS God. The Holy Spirit, is NOT the Father or Son, but he IS God. God has manifested himself three-fold, and exist as such: Father (Creator) - The Spirit that no man see. The Son [Jesus] (Reedeemer) of mankind who was losted to God by sin - The Almight God in Human skin. And, The Holy Spirit (Comforter) - the heart of God.

I'm still having trouble seeing why Son would create Father, seen?

I ( a practicing catholic of 16 years of age ) often get upset when i hear people bashing catholicism and what not. I understand we have a dark  past that has left a stain on the all who practice catholicism, but what truly wounds me is ignorance and intolerance. We as catholics worship God almight and belive in the ressurection of the christ and the pretection granted to us by the holy spirit. It is not what we believe as christians that is corrupt, but many of the men who take on our name. The bible says, ( and also you can relate with bob marley  )  there are the sheep, and the sheep in wolves clothing. It is these wolves that ravage not only our respectability amongst other religions but the respctabilty of all religions. For there are wolves lurking amongst us always and everywhere.....

Please forgive those who show intolerance to Catholosism. It's just so hard to show tolerance to a church with a history of pure evil. I agree with you, many are corrupt that take on the Catholic name (like the child molesting priests, and then there are the "higher ups" who find out about these child molesters and transfer them instead of reporting them). Let's also not forget how the Catholics kidnapped Natives from their reserves and forced them to go to Catholic school, beat them, forced them to lose their Native names and adopt white names, raped them, etc. The Catholic church has never apologized for these acts nor the numerous other horrible acts the church spearheaded or was responsible for. Please forgive those who aren't very tolerant of the church. I should also mention, many colored people don't have tolerance for the Catholic church as the church has always (even unto this day) portrayed Jesus as a white man when he most definitely wasn't white according to the Bible and many other books and research (how would you feel as an African being told that God is white?). Bredren, I ask that you overstand why some have an intolerance for Catholics or Christians in general, there is very good reason behind it.

I come with love for all and I discriminate against none, but while you don't understand why some have no tolerance for the Catholic church, others don't understand why some have tolerance for the Catholic church.

We should all overstand each others differences and work together to make this world a better place.

One love

One people

One place

Jah bless

Bozzy

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2005, 07:07:11 PM »

i appreciate your post. I understand that today .... I as a partaker in the catholic faith, am reaping what other evil men haw sewn. This i believe is unfair to both myself and to others who wish to follow God. Now i believe one brother asked me if i said people should feel sorry for catholics and that is NO. We are no higher nor lower than anybody as we all on this earth are equals. I just get so angry because we carry such a bad reputation because of what our forefathers did . God curse thei wrong doings. I as a catholic say that I am sorry for all the wrongs commited in the past by the catholic church, though little authority i have for i am so far beneath the Lord, i ust thought i as a man would apologize to my brothers. And when i refered to ignorance and intolerance i was not directing it towards those who congregate in this forum but to those around the world whom smite what they do not know whatever it may be

haftrini

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2005, 10:06:50 PM »

Fiya,

Forgive me, but I'm lost wit what you say. In a different post on this thread you said:

"Why are Christians so tolerant of the evil within their religion. Yet not tolerant of the goodness in a next man of a different faith."

Now you say:

"Idren you are on a Rasta site so you are addressing those that congregrate here. As Rasta I will Itinually keep the Fiyah Burning against Rome/Babylon with NO appologies!!!!"

So you want Christians to be tolerant of those next to them, but you want to "keep the Fiyah Burning against Rome" ?

This sounds familiar.....

It sounds like the same people who equate Rome with Babylon who said:

"Out with the two-horned monster, the pope."
http://english.people.com.cn/english/200104/26/eng20010426_68675.html

""Out with the two-horned beast, the Pope of Rome 666!" read a banner""
http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/news010427.htm

Here's a link to a picture of people holding a banner that says the Pope is the Antichrist:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1310000/images/_1312593_protest300.jpg

The only thing is, the quotes above are the words of Christians and the picture is of Christian clergy protesting the Pope's visit to Greece. But you said:

"Why are Christians so tolerant of the evil within their religion" and you equated Rome with Babylon (with NO apologies). Yet here are Christians not tolerating the same thing you call evil.

But, I'm also wondering what kind of tolerance this is. If you mean that you want to keep the fiya burning against evil men, then wouldn't you say "evil men/Babylon" instead of "Rome/Babylon"?

You grouped all Christians together and said they are intolerant.

Did your people die when America bombed Christians in Serbia instead of Serbian Communists? Did your people fight to keep Ethiopia from being invaded by Babylon?

Because I sat with my Serbian Christian brothers and sisters and had to watch them cry and wail while the country I live in slaughtered their families. I drink from the same chalice as the Christian sons of those Christian people who fought off Babylon in northern Ethiopia with no fear and NO apology. Good men who are very loyal to Selassie I's memory, a man whose care they lived under personally.

One good Serbian Christian friend of mine lost her father because he died of a stress-related heart attack from living in the midst of constant war. Now she's a Christian orphan.

So, like I said, I'm confused as to what you mean when you say you want to keep the "fiya burning" against "Rome/Babylon" with NO apologies, but demand tolerance of Christians around you.

If Christians also protest "Rome/Babylon" and respect other people's religions, then how are you different from them? I don't understand.

Can you please explain?

One love

Bozzy

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2005, 05:37:38 AM »

haha wow brotha ...

child molesting priests are scum. Every man is Created equal. It is MEN that create these barriers of inequality through hatred and through their own sin. You have not molested any children, you have not commited a sin as devious as that. Sin is not equal, but all men are sinners. And if i am not equal to you because i am a catholic boy then you are carrying the same banner of prejudice that men have carried for centuries. Now i am not passing judgement on you, because i do not know you and its not my place to do so. But i tell you now that i am a man whom forgives all harms done to me as my faith tells me to do. Sigh, i am not black, i will never understand what it is like to be downpressed the way people of black skin are. Sorry if you do not accept my apology, i as a man do my very best to live by true christian values to show those the true light of christianity. I mean no harm or offense to you brother, without brotherhood, we are lost.

Love [smiley=smiley.gif]

Bozzy

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2005, 12:36:33 AM »

Some one stated earlier :

You say " jesus was rejected ".....ONLY by his enemies....supposedly jesus had many followers.

When they speak of his rejection and when christs quotes psalms saying. The stone the builder refused, shall be the head corner stone.  He is referrring to the jews which throughout the bible are reffered to as God's people and when God's people do not recognize christ as the messiah, that is the rejection they speak of.... i thought id  clarify what that meant

Oo.oO

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2005, 12:41:05 PM »

Dear M-Dub, my friend

I have skim read some of the posts concerning this discussion, as I do not have much time at this moment. One thing that you said has caught my attention, it was this:

"I'm still having trouble seeing why Son would create Father, seen?"

The following is something written a little while back. Please read & ask any questions that relate to this topic.

Many thanks for your time...

There is ONE God & He is made up by three persons, a little like the three in one oil that you can buy. When the three components are joined, they make up the oil to a whole. Or maybe a fruit juice comprising of orange, blackcurrant & lemon - all these three fruit flavour's make up one whole, complete fruit juice flavour.

Since man is God's ultimate creation, created in the image of God, He has a special interest in man, & desires a relationship with His creation - man. That is why God strives with mankind, & has done since the beginning, & that is why men feel the presence of a divine & all powerful creator, & the desire to search for 'it' within them. It is intrinsic, truth implanted at conception. God wants to show men who He is, what He is like and how their initial relationship, before man's disobedience, can be restored.

The first book of John's gospel tells us about the Word, that was with God, & that He was God, how He became flesh, & how He was there in creation. Jesus in turn, later, tells His followers that He will send the Holy Spirit to give power, comfort & encourage them.

So... God split into three parts in order to deal with Satan's evil schemes of destruction & to bring salvation to mankind. In this way God could make Himself, & His plan known to man, at the relevant times throughout history.

God - Jehovah/Yahweh/YHWH/The Father: The creator of all things, the omni present overseer & master of the universe, the sovereign power, one who cannot abide sin, unrighteousness or unholiness. In the Old Testament God conversed with men of faith, such as Abraham, Moses, Joshua, David, Elijah, Ezekiel, & Isaiah amongst others. Most of these were known as prophets because they were mediators between God & men. God showed these great men of faith what He wanted the people of Israel to know, in order to follow the paths of righteousness, & these men made these things known to Israel. God is eternal. There is much about God & His deeds in the Old & New Testaments of the Holy Bible.

God - The Son/Yeshua Meshiach/Jesus Christ/Anointed One: The Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh. He came to our earth as a man, primarily to communicate God's word to us first hand, so that men could relate perfectly with God, because He was one of us. By being a man & at the same time God, Jesus represents God to man, & man to God. Because God hates sin, it separates us from Him, so He became a man to deal with it for us, by dying on the cross. You see the wages of sin is death, and being that all men are sinners; Jesus was the only solution to reconcile man back to God. Jesus was perfect, because He was God, He knew no sin, therefore He did not deserve the death sentence that sin brings. He died willingly, as a perfect, sinless sacrifice so that sinners can have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. On the third day Jesus was resurrected from the dead, by the power of God. Because of this we can come before God, & He will accept us. In the Old Testament the only way for men to receive forgiveness of sins was for a priest to offer a perfect sacrifice (usually an innocent lamb) to God on behalf of the people. This is why Jesus is often refered to as the Lamb of God & this is why Christ is the ONLY way to God, because He died once, & became this perfect sacrifice for all men. He is the saviour of mankind. The arrival of Jesus Christ was prophesied in lots of places in the Old Testament. Jesus is eternal; this means He was in the beginning with God before the world was created. You can read about Jesus Christ & His deeds & sayings in the New Testament of The Holy Bible. I especially love the Gospel of John Ch.1 v.1-18 (The Word being Jesus.) ;)

God - The Holy Spirit/The Comforter: Jesus told us that He would send & pour out the Holy Spirit of God, to men who believe in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is a counsellor, a teacher; He helps the man of God to discern the truth, & to follow the ways of God. He convicts the hearts of men of their sin, in order to correct them in their ways. He shows understanding & wisdom to those who put their faith in Christ. Encouraging them in their faith. God gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit to guide us through life with Him on this earth until Jesus returns to make us perfect & sinless. The Holy Spirit is eternal. The arrival & pouring out of The Holy Spirit is written about in the Acts of The Apostles Ch.2.

None of these are any more important than the other, all are worthy of our utmost reverence & praise, as they are all God, & the Bible says that at the end of time, when all is said & done every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

So there you have it, it has nothing to do with religion but it is the truth of how God has reached down to us, to save us from the evil one, & how God loves all men & wants us to accept the truth that He has shown us, through His Word written by the pen of His servants (the Holy Bible), His Son Jesus Christ, & the Holy Spirit.

Peace
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 01:21:23 PM by Oo.oO »

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2005, 04:21:49 PM »

Sorry Oo.oO, did I miss something? You didn't answer my question in any fashion bredren, but I thank you for taking the time to write. I am saying it doesn't make sense that the Son created the Father. It is not even how humans are naturally. Father and Mother create Son, seen?

One

Jah bless

Oo.oO

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2005, 04:54:51 PM »

[smiley=laugh.gif]

M-Dub - You didn't miss anything my friend - maybe I did.

I did state that I skim read the posts, so I may have misunderstood something, or indeed the initial post that you responded to - sorry.

I do think, however that what was written goes some way to explain your question.

Nobody created God, He is eternal. Jesus being the manifestation of God in our mortal flesh, was conceived by the Holy Spirit of God through a woman, the route into this world for all men. This made Jesus both God & man.

Jesus always referred to The Father - His Father, who provided His pure spirit. His mother of course was Mary, who provided the flesh for Jesus. Jesus already existed, He is eternal, as God.

So whatever this confusion is about the Son creating the Father, I'm not sure, but I agree it doesn't make sense, nor is it something that I'm familiar with. Chapter 1 of John's Gospel is a great explanation of who the Son is, & how He came to be.

Thank you for taking the time to read what has been written, I hope it makes sense - I appreciate it.

Peace  

« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 04:58:23 PM by Oo.oO »

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2005, 05:20:10 PM »

Thanks Oo.oO I was mainly asking The Ambassador as I've never heard anyone preach the message that Jesus created the earth and the stars. Especially when it says in the Bible that God created everything (including Jesus).

One

Jah bless

Oo.oO

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2005, 05:44:23 PM »

Dear M-Dub

I have just read what The_Ambassador wrote.

I am in total agreement with him/her, notice he/she wrote this: "God did not create Jesus, Jesus always existed as part of a triune God. He was the word of God made flesh. Jesus is not the father, but like the Holy Spirit, he is God. If they was no Jesus, or any other part of the 3 persons that make up the Godhead (trinity), there would be no God."

The_Ambassador's answers to Xlae_GRA are also very helpful...

God = the creator - Jesus = God in the flesh - do you see?

Along with the other verses The_Ambassador quoted, remember to read the first Chapter of John's Gospel also - as has been said - take it to God in prayer, ask Him all these things & let Him show you.

Peace
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 05:50:14 PM by Oo.oO »

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2005, 06:10:12 PM »

Greetings and peace.

I have re-read and I guess I got off topic of what I was disputing.

Well, according to the Bible, Jesus is the Creator of the earth, and everything in it. He is the Word made flesh.

This is not according to the Bible. The Bible says God created the earth. In arguing semantics, yes, you could say Jesus did, but nowhere in the Bible does it specifically say Jesus created the earth. One must overstand the distinction between Jesus, Jah and the Holy Spirit. Praise Jesus from saving all from their sins, praise Jah for creating the earth, the sea, the stars, the moons.

One

Jah bless

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2005, 07:10:41 PM »

1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,  
2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

Thank you for helping me prove my point. "he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. Who is he? Jah!

I understand that every one is given the free will and choice to believe what they want, so I will not try to convince you of Biblical truth. What I will do instead, however is, ask you where you got your information.

You have this information. It is up to each individual to unlock the knowledge of the universe. It is undisputable fact that all things are made up of energy and in essence, energy is Jah. All is energy and energy is all. All is Jah and Jah is all, seen? Therefore, if everything is energy and energy cannot be created or destroyed, then we are born with all the knowledge ever contained in this universe. Our level of consciousness will determine how much of this knowledge we unlock.

One

Jah bless

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2005, 07:55:46 PM »

The scripture begins with He (God the Father) speaking to us through his Son (Jesus), who he has appointed all things, and through whom, (Jesus again) did he make the universe. Did you catch that? It is through Jesus did God the Father creater everything. Again, God exist as a triune Godhead. Through the living word, which was later made flesh [Jesus] (John 1:1), God made Everything. In the book of Genesis it says, in the Begining God said let there be light, and there was light. What was that light? That light was not from the sun, moon, or stars, because those things were created on the 4th day. But, the light existed with God, as part of God, and then apart from God. Later, the Bible reveals that the "light" is Jesus. Jesus himself said that he is the light of the world. He always existed as God, but manifested himself as a man to relate to man, and essentially save man from the wrath of God. Do you know why Jesus had to die?

Ok, so it is speaking of Jah creating the earth. Anyways, enough with the semantics. Yes, the light could most definitely be Jesus. Let there be light (Light=Sun=Son).

One

Jah bless

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2005, 08:55:46 PM »

No, it is speaking of God the Father creating everything through the Son, Jesus. That said, you didnt answer my question.

Agreed, God the Father created everything (for some reason you need to say "through the Son". I do not).

Do you know why Jesus had to die?

No, I'm afraid I don't. I have read the Bible description of why Jesus had to die, but it doesn't really explain true reason. Then again, by knowing what the Bible says, does not mean I overstand. Let me throw that question back at you, do you know why Jesus had to die? I'm not asking if you know what it says in the Bible. I am asking do you truly overstand why Jesus had to die?

One

Jah bless
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.