Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Jesus Christ  (Read 27495 times)

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
Re: Jesus Christ
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2005, 11:23:01 PM »

I say "through the Son" because God mentiones it. I believe if God mentions it in his word (The Bible), then we too should not only mention it, but believe it. Do you know what I'm saying? We must give Jesus praise for Creating everything, including us.

And what do you give Jah praises for? Nothing? If Jah created the universe through Jesus, Jah still created the universe, seen? Just like if someone says "I spread Jah's word through this forum" it is still the person who spread the word.

Yes, I know why Jesus had to die. I learned it when I saw the truth for myself. What is the truth? Well, the truth is that by God's Law, I am already guilty. I was born in sin, and have sined throughout my time. So lets see, I've lied, stolen, comitted adultry, called God's name in vain, didnt keep the Sabbath, etc. By my own cofession, I've broken 5 Laws of God. If I lived all my life doing good deeds trying to make up for the Laws I've broken, it would be in vain. This is because I've already broken the Law, nothing I do now will change that - I am already guilty! But, because God so Loved the world, he sent his Son - the Messiah - the ONLY perfect and sinless man who EVER fulfilled the Law of God, that he may take the punishment of the Law for me, and all those that would trust in him. If you ever look at yourself in light of God's law, and use it as a moral mirror to see yourself how God sees you, then you would also know why Jesus died, and you will fall in Love with Jesus.

This is purely based on the Bible. I asked you to leave the Bible out and truly try to answer the question from yourself. Everything you have said here comes from teachings of the Bible. Try to answer the question if you can without the Bible. Even with the Bible you didn't answer the question asked. I'll post it again: Why did Jesus have to die? Before you answered with "Yes, I know why Jesus had to die. I learned it when I saw the truth for myself. What is the truth? Well, the truth is that by God's Law, I am already guilty." See how you didn't answer the question?

One love

Jah bless

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2005, 11:47:39 PM »

Sorry Ambassador, perhaps I should reword my question so you can overstand what I'm asking.

For what reason did Jesus have to come to earth and die? I mean, the power of Jah is infinite, seen? It's not like there aren't a million other ways to achieve the same thing. I'm not trying to discredit anything you're saying, what I'm trying to do is make sense of it.

One

Jah bless

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2005, 12:29:04 AM »

I am telling you that life is iternal. The punishment for wickedness is spiritual separation! this is what ones call death! All will have to physically pass away. Whether one is good or evil. So if one is not living in heaven now they should stop what they are doing and make changes to their life! If you are not living the example of Jesus calling on Jesus is not going to save you. For it is presumptuous to think only Christians that call the name Jesus are going to a place call heaven after they pass.  
Man is partial but not the Creator Almighty Jah is not!For Jah is in all things and all things exist within Jah!

Seen! Whoo! It's getting hot in here! Blaze dat Fiyah up!

One

Jah bless

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2005, 12:34:42 AM »

So Fyah, if a man rapes and kills you, then dies himself. God wont punish him for doing that evil to you? He would just die, and cease to exist, without God giving him justice?

Whoa, you completely missed what Fiyah was saying. He wasn't saying anything like that. I advise you to study this mans words.

If a pond looks as if it is shallow, will you accept that it is shallow?

One

Jah bless

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2005, 01:06:26 AM »

Just want to add some personal comments to this thread.

I was raised Christian all my life. The teachings were, "holiness or hell", kinda like what's being spewed in this thread (wrapped up in a nice, calm, sweet, loving package). The same people who preached this absolute "holiness or hell" doctrine, most times failed to live up to it--scratch that--they NEVER lived up to it! And when I began to see this, I prayed to God (through His Son Jesus, of course) to show me His will for my life.

I prayed the sinner's prayer, asking to be saved from my sins, and I believed I was. This time, I took my prayer a step further. I asked God to reveal His truth to me. I didn't want to just live my life going through the motions of religion. If there was something deeper to be had, I wanted it. Immediately, I felt relieved, knowing that God had heard my prayers.

And since then, I have been seeking to know my Creator. Reading the Bible, praying, fasting and reasoning. And you know what? Things have been, and are being revealed to me in ways that are at times hard to handle. Now here's the kicker: the more I seek God, the further away from Christianity I get!  

God is revealing quite clearly to me how these Christian teachings do not uplift. Rather, they put down. And as I read the explanations on this thread of how Jesus died for my sins, only to further oppress me rather than uplift me, I can see why I'm getting further away from the teachings. Christianity leaves no room for me as a creation of God. No, I am merely a puppet. For if I do not behave according to your doctrine, not as how I am truly led by God, but by how your doctrine dictates, then God's wrath will slam down on me. Forever and ever! Amen!

That is preaching hate and intolerance, not love. Jah is love. I KNOW this to be true. For the more I seek Jah, the more I radiate love. My countenance has changed, my moods have changed, my thinking has changed. I AM saved. Not from sin though, from ignorance, from oppression, from being a blind slave to religion.

Now, Christians might say that I have been given up to a reprobated mind. But remember, I prayed to God through His Son Jesus for a revelation. Where Jah has led, I followed. So I give thanks to Jah for showing me things I've never seen before. For showing me that I can live a righteous livity and not have to move through life unaware. There are many things I do not know, yet for the first time in life, I am encouraged to seek Jah for more knowledge and overstanding. With the happiness of knowing that Carla does not have to die in order for God to be pleased.

What I am trying to say is that this "Jesus is the only way" talk is limiting, and dangerous. While the Bible does instruct us to seek God for ourselves, that is the last thing Christians want you to do! You are just supposed to believe. Well, I don't believe anymore. I KNOW that Jah is guiding me.

I do not claim Rastafari, yet I can certainly see how Rastas are the true Christians. I would advise Christians to stop viewing God as some big, angry being that you should fear. There is no need to fear love. What you should fear is ignorance and blind allegiance. That is what God hates.

But you won't take my advice, because to do so would mean you'd have to step outside the rhetoric and truly question the validity of your "beliefs". And that is just too scary for most.

So continue to come to Rasta forums so that you can "save the heathens". How very big of you. But while you're doing so, I invite you to pull up a chair and do some reading and learning as well. Then, I advise you to take your own medicine: pray, and ask God for a revelation. You may be surprised at what Jah reveals.

In any event, be blessed.

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2005, 02:47:40 AM »

Whoa! What happened to all of the Ambassador's posts?  [smiley=huh.gif]

Rasta Nick

• Administrator
  • Veteran User
    • Rasta Nick's website & forum
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2005, 03:20:35 AM »

Not something I would want people to speculate about so

http://forums.rasta-man.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=forumnews;action=display;num=1117677749

...and no it is not something I enjoy but am determined not to let things get as silly as before!!

Even the longest journey starts with one step

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2005, 04:23:44 AM »

greetings carla, one of thee best posts(your raised christian) i've experienced here. inspiring to me. [smiley=smiley.gif]
Whoever Brought Me Here, Will Have To Take Me Home - - -Rumi

Bozzy

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2005, 05:32:05 AM »

Fiyah,

My concious is clear. Sorry for the missunderstanding of my apologies. I'm sorry my brother that certain people associated and incorporated in the catholic heirarchy have yet to accept facts as facts. i understand what you see babylon as and the fire with which you burn and others burn will hopefull purge us of all the evil  men have stained our faith with

Love  [smiley=smiley.gif]

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2005, 04:56:39 PM »

Big ups to the mighty wombman Carla! Inspiring and wise words.

Mo' fiyah!

One

Jah bless

haftrini

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2005, 12:05:20 PM »

Fiyah,

"Idren Christianity as it is now is Rome/Babylon. How you going to protest against yourself?"

You can't lump all Christians together and come to a blanket conclusion. What if 12 Tribes Rastas were teaching hate and House of Bobo was protesting? Does that mean despite the protests that because of one group's hatred all of Rasta is evil? I don't think so.

"Christianity has been oppressive to peoples of the darker persuasion. You cannot deny this fact."

What about the Ethiopian and Coptic Churches? And the Syrian and Chaldean Churches? And the Churches of Nubia and Zaire? They're all independant Churches that are made up of only people of darker persuasion and their churches are the oldest ones in existence!

European Christians have been oppressive to peoples of darker persuasion, but European Christianity as we know it today didn't exist until after the rise of Charlemagne. Before that, Irish monks were trained in monasticism by Syrians and frequently travelled to Syria and Africa to learn more. After Charlemagne, Rome cut themselves off and declared themselves supreme. That's when racial troubles began in European Christianity.

Being a person of darker persuasion, I can't stand most European Christianity. It makes me puke. Plus they're teachings are all backwards. The don't allow beards, they believe God punishes non-Christians who live a moral life just because they "don't know Jeezis", and Jesus is always a white guy with a bad haircut and a toothy grin. ((puke))

--And to Carla--

Awesome post!!!  [smiley=smiley.gif] That was good writing!

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2005, 02:11:24 PM »

If you insist on continuing to identify yourself with the name that raped the world,  you will be judged accordingly.  

Find the truth and leave Rastafari People out of your misunderstandings.  

Elijah I        
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2005, 03:35:09 PM »

Ises, regarding dis Jeezus thing, Dr. Peter McIntosh sez it best "everybody wanna go tuh heaven but nobody wanna die!"

Haile Selassie I

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2005, 06:08:57 PM »

Ises Fiyah,
Iman cite it in dis vein - dem con-cept of heaven is mega false since Emmanuel done told Ini where deh kingship of heaven is located -
so from Ini cite dis, Ini know dat Ini shall buid up or destroy Ini own heaven pon earth through Ini meditations, actions and wordsoundfiyah.  sedway Ini can accomplish dis inna state of hell.

Ini view Bush Doc's statement as deh epitomy of deh selfishness of deh Christian doctrine and how it exposes deh hypocrisy of dose pastors & church leaders teaching deh people outside of demselves, tuh wait for another life and disregard deh one dat dem have now.  dat is how Ini cite dese things -

Haile Selassie I

haftrini

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2005, 12:10:15 AM »

Fiyah

If one is practicing evil as in your example of the TTOI they would not be considered Rasta in the first place. There are checks and balances. So your example is impossible. An individual might do certain things but as a whole the Rastafari movement would never tolerate what you are suggesting.  

I still don't get it. If a non-Rasta religious group believes in peace and not judging others and all this, and has a faction that recurringly comes about and does the opposite of what the religion teaches about peace, then why can't the group claim the same thing Rasta can, that since this other faction violated the faith they're not a part of it any longer?

Rasta is not waiting for a physical man to descend from the sky for this is metaphor and mythology. For if heaven is a state of consciousness then the clouds are thoughts and the christ is the Sun.

I believe both. I believe a Man will come again, but I also believe in this life! You have to live right in this life and seek freedom for all people in this life. "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you", not outside you, and not withheld from you and only available after you die, but in the soul right now. Zion reigns in the human hearts that keep the fire there.

So for me, man's redemption in this life, as well as the next, is possible I think.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.