Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Sex b4 Marriage  (Read 16322 times)

rasrossi

Sex b4 Marriage
« on: August 27, 2004, 02:05:45 AM »

Is it proper to have sex b4 marriage?From my own point of view...Thou shall not commit Furnication commands the Lord

graf-rasta

Re: Sex b4 Marriage
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 02:15:21 AM »

touchy subject, really no solid answer.my girl friend fully respects that i am a rasta and she believes in the methodist religion and they believe that sex b4 marriage is wrong.i believe marriage itself isnt really important, its basically a sheet of paper. the way we see it is when 2 people truely love each other they will know when its time, when BOTH are ready for it.we have sex and nothing is wrong wit that, we both love each other, we both care for each other so we see it as okay, but many will say other wise, its basically and individual oppiniona anymore, depends on faith to, JAH-bless!

graf-rasta

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 02:17:27 AM »

when i said"we see it as" i meant as in me and her, not the rasta faith, im not to sure on the rasta stand point on it

plant_the_planet

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 02:20:20 AM »

This depends on how you want to define marriage brethren...

Genesis 24
64   And Rebekah lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she lighted off the camel.
65   For she had said unto the servant, What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us? And the servant had said, It is my master: therefore she took a vail, and covered herself.
66   And the servant told Isaac all things that he had done.
67   And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.

If two people are truely in love, they dont need a priest or legal documents to consider them "married". They only need the most Holy of Holy Priests, JAH, to be their witness...Seen?...

To have a priest marry two people is not in JAH scripture, but church doctrine, Catholischim for example...

Selassie I
Bless

graf-rasta

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 02:26:27 AM »

thats wat im say'n, the way it is is that in gods eyes we are together and we love each other, we need not a marraige liscenses to tell us that, if we stay together for a long time we will get married but only to please our parents, but we know how it is to us, JAH-bless, if u can hit up my "this will make a few angry thread" im curious as to how some will take it

plant_the_planet

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 02:43:44 AM »

but remember...

Continuing to fall in love with other people and using sex or making love as a means to bind the two people together IS NOT according to JAHS will, this is Adultery, hopefully someone understands me...

Selassie I
Bless

graf-rasta

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 02:54:06 AM »

i feel yah but c'mon, u make it out like i have sex wit everyne i have a relation ship wit! lol! im outtie, JAH-bless

plant_the_planet

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 03:00:33 AM »

No brethren, that post was entirely directed to anyone who should ever happen to read it, Seen?...

Selassie I
Bless

plant_the_planet

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 03:54:22 AM »

True enough Knowledge...

but this can get into an entirely different subject, do you believe marriage by a Priest, according to church doctrine? Or MARRIAGE in the eyes of God, According to scripture?...

InI mentioned this in earlier post(s):

"This depends on how you want to define marriage brethren...

Genesis 24  
64   And Rebekah lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she lighted off the camel.  
65   For she had said unto the servant, What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us? And the servant had said, It is my master: therefore she took a vail, and covered herself.  
66   And the servant told Isaac all things that he had done.  
67   And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.  

If two people are truely in love, they dont need a priest or legal documents to consider them "married". They only need the most Holy of Holy Priests, JAH, to be their witness...Seen?...

To have a priest marry two people is not in JAH scripture, but church doctrine, Catholischim for example... "

InI also mentioned this as well...

"but remember...

Continuing to fall in love with other people and using sex or making love as a means to bind the two people together IS NOT according to JAHS will, this is Adultery, hopefully someone understands me... "

You feel me Knowledge?...

Selassie I
Bless

lilrasi_I

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2004, 04:15:04 AM »

I think it depends on the society that you grew up in and what its morals are. Depending how you where raised and where decides what your defenition of marriage moraly should be. If in your society, marriage means by priest, than having sex before you do this would be un moral. If your society believes that marriage is a mental concept and the people in question decide when it is time, that is what is moral. Basically this issue, pre-marital sex, has to do with morals and the belief that Jah wants you to act in accordance with them, as long as you are TRUELLY doing that then all is as it should be. We need to acknowlege that different societies have different moral beliefs and that doesn't make them any better or worse when they act in accordance with them, simply moral in a different way, you see?

plant_the_planet

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 06:51:16 AM »

I think it depends on the society that you grew up in and what its morals are. Depending how you where raised and where decides what your defenition of marriage moraly should be. If in your society, marriage means by priest, than having sex before you do this would be un moral. If your society believes that marriage is a mental concept and the people in question decide when it is time, that is what is moral. Basically this issue, pre-marital sex, has to do with morals and the belief that Jah wants you to act in accordance with them, as long as you are TRUELLY doing that then all is as it should be. We need to acknowlege that different societies have different moral beliefs and that doesn't make them any better or worse when they act in accordance with them, simply moral in a different way, you see?

Very good point, if you feel what your doing in your heart is morally wrong, then you are going against JAH...

Selassie I
Bless

Rasbonez

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2004, 06:15:43 AM »

i agree with tha thot that if two people are in love, and they consider themselves like husband and wife then its ok. but im not saying that if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend sex is ok. then 9 year old kids would be having sex, and that is not rite. i also beleives that marriage should not be ruled upon by tha government. For example i dont think the government has the rite to say that homosexuals cant marry. u should be able to do wat u want to as long as you are peaceful about it. your thots are appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 06:20:51 AM by Rasbonez »

Rasbonez

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2004, 08:06:23 PM »

I dont want there to be chaos and riots. I am grateful for tha laws that prevent these things. however, i feel that some laws are created with bigotted purposes. is there any real danger in letting gays marry, or legalizing marijuana, or any other dumb laws? Gays could say that rastas smoking herb legally would cause trouble. Gays are children of Jah too. A rasta is rasta because we were created that way, tho some take a while to realize it and some know scince birth. I beleive gays are gay because they were created that way by The Most High, and some realize sooner than others. Why would anybody CHOOSE to be hated on or biggoted against? I can live in peace and harmony with gays as they can live with a rasta.

ponder

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2004, 08:36:27 PM »

Truth is homie, it is wrong to have sex before marriage. I know people try to justify their sins and say things like - "I really Love this person, so its OK." Well, in God's eyes, you're breaking his commandment and comitting adultry. There is no beating around the bush with this one son.

Its sad, much of the world dont keep this Commandment. I know God has a man for everyone woman, and a woman for every man if they allow God to take total control of their lives. Yet, who really believes this? Who ever waits on God? I hear they say he takes too long, what you think?

--Knowledge

Actually to take a woman into your bed is to consumate a bond of marriage with her. In this respect to have sex with a woman is to take her as your wife. Its an honor thing, to honor thy husband or wife. In ancient times there was no legal binding documentation of marriage. You do not need a priest to consumate a marraige, that is a bond between a man and a woman in the sight of God. To bed with more than one partner is a sin. Atleast thats what the Bible I read says but then again maybe Im reading the wrong Bible.  ::) Peace be with you.

ponder

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2004, 09:27:00 PM »

Nah, you're reading the right Bible. However, what you have yet to realize is that, God delt with things differently in certian times and dispensations. In the begining of Humanity, a man and a wife could have sex and it would be considered marrage. Then entered another dispensation were, God would have a priest legelize the Marrige in his eyes. That has never stoped, though pegan cultures still practice the old ways.

Again, you're definitly reading the right Bible. But, read it all the way through and in context. Somethings done in the older times, are abolished or made different in Newer times. Marriages, Slavery, and Sacrifices, are a few.

actually what you just said was exactly what Catholosism in the middle ages tought. They tought that priests had the othority to marry two people in Gods eyes........for a small fee. See my point. The whole idea of a priest being able to marry you in Gods eyes was not Gods will it was the will of corrupt people in power and in high places within the Church to make a little extra cash. Same as selling forgiveness for sins. Back then you could cheat on your spouse and for about 5 silver God would be more than willing to forgive you. LOL Peace be with you.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 19 queries.