Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sex b4 Marriage  (Read 16326 times)

ArkI

Re: Sex b4 Marriage
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2004, 09:54:40 PM »

Knowledge,  not every custom that man deals with is a requirement of Jah.

-------------------------------
Mark 10

2   And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.
3   And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?
4   And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.
5   And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
6   But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
7   For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
8   And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
9   What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
-------------------------------

Jah allows people to do certain things, because he sees that people refuse to live by his ways. - Divorce did not exist from the beginning, but Moses gave this order to the people because of the hardness of their hearts.  But Christ showed I and I that we are to Live by Jah original ways, not the ways that man have changed.

Jah may have allowed them to make these changes, but Jah prefers that I and I Live by the original way that he has given I and I.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 09:55:12 PM by ArkI »

ponder

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2004, 10:07:12 PM »

true words Ark I. Yes knowledge I am formiliar with Jewish traditions. I know how a jewish wedding works and your right about that but just as Rabbi's are said to have the athority to marry, think back to when Israel wanted a king what did God say. "Am I not the King who led you from Egypt?" The king became a figure head but had no true athority, that belongs to God. No man on earth may make decrees in Gods name. Jesus said "look out and behold my fathers temple, no house of stone nor wood may hold his spirit, and I am the only way to the father. Christ Jesus is the only priest unto the lord and when I take my woman into my bed and I make love to her I consumate our bond in the sight of Christ Jesus, and we are indeed husband and wife. Regardless of a piece of legal paper and some priests hallow words. The bond we share is good and pure in Gods eyes because neither one of us have ever been with other partners and we are faithful to each other. I know that in Gods eyes we are married because in our eyes we are married and true to that bond. Peace be with you.

ArkI

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2004, 01:11:21 AM »

Knowledge, you said,
----------------------------
Jesus showed us that none of us can keep the law

Jesus Christ never said that.  If he did and I missed it, then tell I where the quote is, I would be interested to know.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

ponder

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2004, 01:13:50 AM »

I too believe that it is right for us to live our lives in accordance to Gods original laws after all Christ Jesus himself said he did not come to discredit the law but to bring wholeness to the law. He is the rightiousness that has brought me to the point where I am. The law says do not commit adultery. I have taken a woman into my bed and God has seen that. Now I know that God has blessed our union I can feel it, I can see it in her eyes when she looks at me and I know she can too. I feel it when I touch her and it sparks excitement in her and I feel it in her touch. There is something special there and I know it is from God almighty. Now as I said the Bible tells me that it is a sin for me to commit adultery and trust me brothers and sisters I am flesh and blood and I have eyes by which I am tempted DAILY!!! but God has blessed our union and it is so special that as soon as temptation hits me Ive already forgotten what tempted me. ;D ;D ;D My love for my wife is good and pure and protected by God and my love for Christ Jesus is beyond words and he himself protects my heart. Christ Jesus said himself that who so ever places there lives in his hands shall have legions of angels by there sides to protect them from ALL evils. Can any of you begin to imagine......a legion of angels? not to mention Legions!!!!!! I have lost my fear of temptation and in doing so lost my fear of sin. My heart is too full of love for Christ Jesus there is no room for fear and it is because of that love that I know Christ Jesus will not allow any harm to come to me. WOW i guess I went off on a bit of a tangent didnt I. Oh well when you've got the spirit.......LOL. Any ways if you are in a relationship and you truly love each other then God knows that. Your union is holy in his eyes as long as you keep it pure. Atleast thats what I feel in my heart and it is in the heart where God speaks the loudest. Peace be with you.

ponder

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2004, 01:29:53 AM »

Knowledge, you said,
Jesus showed us that none of us can keep the law

Jesus Christ never said that.  If he did and I missed it, then tell I where the quote is, I would be interested to know.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Book of Romans 7-8 is where you can find this info. I believe it goes something like this but Im without my bible so dont quote me "What shall we say then? Is the law sin? I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, thou shalt not covet. But sin taking occation by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died" Now Im sure thats not perfect but neither am I  ;) regardless though the point of the matter is this. Man by nature is a sinner. BUT!!! The book of Romans also says "There is there for now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the spirit. For the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." Now this tells me that although we are all sinners it is through the rightiousness of Christ Jesus that we may still taiste rightiousness and in turn become rightious through him. Peace be with you.

ArkI

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2004, 04:42:22 AM »

Ponder,  Knowledge already corrected himself by saying that Paul said it, not Jesus Christ.  And I take the words of Jesus Christ before Paul.

Paul also clarified himself later on showing us that when I and I live by the grace of God, then I and I are no longer under the Law.  Because there is no law against righteousness.  But as long as we sin, we are under the law and a slave to sin.

Also, James tells I and I that we must Live in righteousness.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

ponder

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 09:09:59 PM »

Ark I,
I totally agree with everything you said.......except the part about Paul, I personally feel Pauls words are inspired by the Holy Spirit, but thats just me. ;) Other than that your absolutely right, but it is never YOUR rightiousness that holds you above the law but it is the rightiousness of Christ Jesus within you that does so. By faith in Christ Jesus we are freed from sin and death. Peace be with you.

rasrossi

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2004, 07:00:25 PM »

Brodas,i have seen all the replies and one dat kept me on is the one by Knowledge...Knowledge is power they say and i believe.
Sex b4 marriage is in no way justified no matter the place one is born,raised or whatever.whoever believes dat Jesus is the Son of God must know that he left us with one great commandment...LOVE... but he did not mean Lust when he said Love..common Brodas,whether you are crazily in love with ur woman or she is madly in love with you..sex b4 both of u get married is like a lie...u did it,i saw u and i asked u but u lied u never did it.Gat what i mean.Thou shall not lie on the contrary thou shall not commit Fornication.So sex b4 Marriage irrespective of ur color,race etc is sinful.Desist from such but it is natural brodas..hard to desist.Do not talk about been in love,dat doesn't put one in the marriage forum..you need a priest to bless your marriage,been engaged doesn't help either.or you need an accredited Marriage councilor to put you tru in the case of Court Marriage.

IJCITI

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2004, 05:53:32 PM »

Personally I believe that sex before marriage is wrong and that it is wrong in the eyes of God. Some of you have asked in past posts whether we are talking about marriage in the eyes of the church or marriage in the eyes of God. Isn't it all the same thing? God has commanded us that we are not to have sex before marriage and marriage by a priest, pastor, minister, whoever is qualified.  It is in God's word that we are to be married and we can't say that we are truly married to someone unless it is preformed by someone who is able to join two people together in that Holy Union.
I am not sure what the rasta believe on this issue of sex before marriage, but we Christians do believe that God intended sex for marriage and marriage only. And not just sex either, but any unnessecary physical contact or emotion with the opposite sex. Kissing, getting too touchy feely with the opposite sex is also intended just for marriage, for your future mate. Even if the person you are with will be that future mate for you, you have to be married to perform anything sexual with them, otherwise you are committing a sin(adultery). It's a hard thing to do, but it can be done. Myself and my best friend decided not to have sex before marriage and not to have a boyfriend all through high school so we could devote all of our time and energy on getting closer to God and it worked. At a young age especially one should not be worrying about a relationship with the opposite sex because if you truly believe in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ then He will bring them to you. I am still waiting but I am going to be patient like I have been for the last 18 years. And I will be able to tell my husband that I went through a lot of physical and emotional temptations, but I saved my whole self, my mind, and my body just for him. And that the first boy I will ever kiss will be my husband, on our wedding day.  ::)

rasrossi

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2004, 03:09:13 PM »

Rasta's Belief about sex...i have never come across such thing b4 but i know dat we all are Christians even if Muslims or any other Religion...we all accept one great Jah,call him God,Allah,Chukwu (in ma own Lingua) and he has commanded..Thou shall not commit Fornication so we cannot justify sex b4 marriage for any reason.

Speed

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2004, 01:24:36 PM »

If two people are truely in love, they dont need a priest or legal documents to consider them "married". They only need the most Holy of Holy Priests, JAH, to be their witness

I liked this one..

You say it is God's words that you must be married by a priest (or anyother religious figure) and then you say 'and by anyone who is qualified'. What about liscensing offices which have no religious ties. Does this mean you are even married? Legally this does, but who says it is legal? the government? man, thats who. Why should any man hold the power to grant you 'true love' purely based on being 'qualified'.

On the religious side of things, man choses who can become a priest. These people are suppose to be closer to god.. why? because they were chosen? because they followed stricter rules? Look at the Catholic church, men who molest and rape little children can grant you 'true love' purely because they have been 'chosen'.  Why should I have to bow down to another man just so I can be granted true love and the right to embrace in sexual acts. I'm sorry but I believe with the original quote

bob1marley1988

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2004, 02:00:21 AM »

sex should wait till yall consider yuhselves married... InI know that loved people "marriage" isn't justified through a sheet of paper but between the loved ones... if the consider theyselves "married" in Jah Rastafari's eyes then let them be... be mature about the subject & have sex cuz yuh really love each other in Jah's eyes, not becuz of the moment or anythin

rasrossi

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2004, 02:32:51 PM »

I and I all know dat sex b4 is totally wrong.It is left for us tyo choose if to keep or break the law of Jah...Commit no Fornication ma Children says Jah in the commandments he left 4 I and I....

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2005, 04:28:20 PM »

Ises,
when ones deal wid deh I-ble, ones mus tek into account deh theology and views dat ones used tuh shape deh words.  saul/paul was into other things besides deh Messianic movement before his "journey tuh damascus" and Ini don't just mean persecution of "Christians" but his dabbling with deh theology of mythras(sp).  hence deh world receives dis "blood doctrine" of salvation.  now according tuh deh theory, Emmanuel deh Christ was deh final blood sacrifice, so Israel could do away widem animal sacrifices.

according tuh deh old testament, blood is refered tuh deh life therein and it is an abomination tuh spillit, seen.  deh only other acceptable time since Emmanuel trod was during marriage, in theory.  it does not call for a pastor, a priest, a minister, an elder, even doe dey may all be part of trodition.  marriage is concecrated in theory by two virgins whom during dem first time having relations, blood is spilled from deh woman's hymen, symbolizing and sealing a dual covenant wid JAH by dis couple.  from Iration, deeds outsound speech.  dis is why so many ancient cultures had ones marry at, what sems tuh Ini deh young age of 13 or 14 as women but it was functional tuh marry off yuh dawtah as soon as she reached deh age of menstration.

Ini nuh waan delve too far inna dat but jes wanted tuh seh dat "virginal sex is deh
I-riginal consecrating factor in marriage.

Haile Selassie I

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2005, 05:09:19 PM »

Very well said, Negus.

Be blessed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.