Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Def Jam Loves Sizzla  (Read 881 times)

BLING_BLAOH

Def Jam Loves Sizzla
« on: June 01, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »

Def Jam loves Sizzla  

DJ Sizzla - file

BIG THINGS MAY be in the pipeline for Reggae star Sizzla if the Def Jam Record Label has its way.

Talks surfaced recently that he would be signing to the giant United States-based recording label after weeks of enjoying several spins of his new track with Rapper Foxy Brown, Come Fly With Me both here and overseas. The track is also reportedly a hit on the 'mix tape' circuit, which is the tried tested and proven avenue to popularity in the United States market.

According to one of Def Jam's artistic and repertoire (A&R) directors, Jay Brown, Sizzla is not officially signed to Def Jam, but he is tipped to do more work with the popular label, which has under its umbrella artistes such as Beanie Sigel, Memphis Bleek, Redman, DMX, Ludacris.

"We love him, he is incredible. We can only say he is a star," stated Brown when contacted recently.

"I am sure we will be doing more work with him on other projects," he continued.

Brown stated that Sizzla was not signed to Def Jam, neither were they considering it now, but they planned to work on other projects together because they liked him.

"We would love to do some more recordings with him because he is so talented, but right now we can't say if he will collaborate with another Def Jam artiste or not. It is too early."

Sources have said that while overseas earlier this year, some influential members of the Def Jam group of companies heard Sizzla's voice on record and sought him to record with Foxy Brown.

The group quickly got to the studios and Foxy Brown's brother, known producer Gavin, produced the single, which has steadily soared since that. It will reportedly be on her July album titled Black Roses.

THE STAR was unsuccessful in trying to reach Sizzla for comment.

The Island Def Jam Music Group is an umbrella company for labels such as Island Def Jam, Def Jam Recordings, The INC Records, Roadrunner Records, and the Jay-Z run Roc-A-Fella Records among others.  

source : http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/20050527/ent/ent1.html  

Positive_Vibration

Re: Def Jam Loves Sizzla
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 07:24:37 PM »

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing the article

One love

Mike

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 09:52:11 PM »

I sure hope not theres a possibility of him saturating his music for them then.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 10:03:16 PM »

I sure hope not theres a possibility of him saturating his music for them then.

I think you messed up a couple words in there at some point ... at any rate, the article doesn't suprise me much. At heart, Sizzla is a good man but as it is he's been known to take his message a wee bit far

Collaborating with these often substance-less artists seems like a logical move, to me at least

One love

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.