Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Welcome to the Forum!!!  (Read 23481 times)

newrasta

Welcome to the Forum!!!
« on: June 12, 2005, 03:18:06 AM »

Greetings in the Name of the Most High, HIM Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah!

This thread is for all the new users hence I title, "Welcome to the Forum!!!" But this thread is not JUST for new users it is also for elder users to help them wit whatever they need for RasTafarI.

So for all the newbies, feel free to ask any questions concerning RasTafarI, I-tal Living, etc, etc.

And maybe this will cut down on the "Is it ok to be a white Rasta?" pages?

One Love, Jah bless

Ras Evan

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: Welcome to the Forum!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 03:21:01 AM »

Seen Ras Evan i was a newbie once. It not always easy to find what you are looking for on the forum without asking the same questions that been asked so many times before! [smiley=smiley.gif]

newrasta

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 03:25:57 AM »

Exactly, seen sistren Wahine!

I was a newbie also, I was very new to RasTafarI and asked many of the same questions being asked now, and I've noticed how abundant these questions really are, so I thought it necessary to begin this thread.

That's exactly why I started this thread. And I would like to take this oppurtunity to say big UPS to pthwy2hvn, Idren is the one who gave I the idea to start this. If you would look into 'New Users Who Can't Start a Topic' I have recognized Idren. Again, big UPS.

So, feel free...

One

Ras Evan

« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 03:27:26 AM by newrasta »

just_a_friend

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 01:34:33 PM »

Hi there to all the beautiful people.just e newby here although i'v just been replying to a few topics. I'm not a rasta i'm a buddhist.I've become really intersted in Rastafari after litening to Bob Marley and watchhing the Heartland Reggae DVD.I'm becoming a bigger fan of reggae all the time though i don't own many reggae cds yet.i'm trying to learn to play reggae on guitar though i'm not very good. I can play Redemption Song acoustically, it's one of my favourites.I'm not coming to the forum to convert or be converted, but to learn and be educated in all aspects of Rasta, its history, its values the rasta way of life and also ivé come to make friends. Hopefully lots of friends. I'm basically a peace loving guy who wants to see peace love and harmony throughout the world. I'm growing my hair now(though i've a long way to go) and am going to grow Dreads as a way of shunning vanity and beauty and as a mark of respect to the likes of Bob Marley, rastafarians and all others who seek peace , justice, love and unity. I hope to meet lots of beautiful here and make beautiful friends. One Love.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 04:53:54 PM »

Hi there to all the beautiful people.just e newby here although i'v just been replying to a few topics. I'm not a rasta i'm a buddhist.I've become really intersted in Rastafari after litening to Bob Marley and watchhing the Heartland Reggae DVD.I'm becoming a bigger fan of reggae all the time though i don't own many reggae cds yet.i'm trying to learn to play reggae on guitar though i'm not very good. I can play Redemption Song acoustically, it's one of my favourites.I'm not coming to the forum to convert or be converted, but to learn and be educated in all aspects of Rasta, its history, its values the rasta way of life and also ivé come to make friends. Hopefully lots of friends. I'm basically a peace loving guy who wants to see peace love and harmony throughout the world. I'm growing my hair now(though i've a long way to go) and am going to grow Dreads as a way of shunning vanity and beauty and as a mark of respect to the likes of Bob Marley, rastafarians and all others who seek peace , justice, love and unity. I hope to meet lots of beautiful here and make beautiful friends. One Love.

Beautiful! Irie vibes bredren!

If there's anything you want to know just ask here on the forum or PM me.

One love

newrasta

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 09:09:22 PM »

Great!

This is the perfect place to do all of what you jus said. You won't be converted at all, by coming here, in fact, it is against the rules. So welcome and I'll be lookin forward to your posts.

One

Ras Evan

just_a_friend

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 05:53:06 PM »

[smiley=grin.gif] Hi again beautiful people.Thanks for the welcome, it's always good to have new friends.Not sure how often i'll be here due to me not owning a computer yet, i use my mothers when i can.have to go now but will be back soon i hope.
ONE LOVE
[smiley=cheesy.gif]

SmG

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 10:17:23 AM »

Hi my sistren and bredren! I am happy to be here, and this is what I've been looking for a LONG time. I am on my way becoming a rastafarian, and I am sure this forum will help InI on I-s way.

Jah bless and Peace

monacleman101

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 08:22:16 AM »

hello all. i am new here also. and i am a sibiling to Rasevan believe it or not. so just wanted to say hi  [smiley=smiley.gif]

sponger_mann

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2005, 07:32:55 AM »

Thank you all for spreading your knowledge and opinions. I have plenty respect for all opinions and i thank all showing the same respect. I have learned so much on this site. Why cant school teach the same love and respect that is tought here. It would be a better world. I plan to learn much more and maybe spread some knowledge of my own.

Jah Guide

pthwy2hvn

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 07:45:09 AM »

So wonderful to see this Welcome Forum. Thanks Ras Evan. I'm not able to log on as often as I would like to. I'm always caught up with work, kids, school, and housework. It's hard to find time for myself and find out my true interests. [smiley=smiley.gif]

I hope to find more time to read more information on this website.

Thanks!!
Pthwy2hvn (@yahoo.com)

Trichomey

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 04:05:11 AM »

I've found truth in RasTafarI, that's why I'm here. I want to communicate with and learn from other Rasta.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 04:08:14 AM by Trichomey »

Trichomey

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 01:38:56 AM »

I am trying to get in the habit of praying in the morning, around mid-day, at bed, and spontaniously throughout the day.

Where do some of you stand on prayer? How do you pray? When do you pray? What prayers do you use? An answer to any of these questions would be appreciated.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005, 09:34:53 AM »

I am trying to get in the habit of praying in the morning, around mid-day, at bed, and spontaniously throughout the day.

Where do some of you stand on prayer? How do you pray? When do you pray? What prayers do you use? An answer to any of these questions would be appreciated.

Prayer is speaking to Jah and is a neccessary thing!

How do I pray - simply with my hands folded and talking. Most traditional prayers are of religions, which I man don't really associate with. Some people use nyahbingi chants as a form of prayer.

When - when you arise - when you doze to sleep.

Hope that helped. Be blessed.

One

Sox

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 09:24:19 PM »

HI everyone,

I am not a rastafarian, but i do have dreadlocks and naive people assume that i am a "white rasta".
I have only had my dreads for about a month (the reason i got them was because i was bored of my long hair, but didnt want to have it cut short cos it would look boring, so when my sis said she ahd all teh stuff to make them, i figured what teh hey?)....anyway, am i gonna ahve to put up with this my whole life (well as long as i ahve dreads for?) or is me having dreads and not being a rastafarian insulting?
I really dont know much about teh religion itgself, so i came here to attempt to understand it a bit better, and hopefully educate the people who havent really got a single clue.

Anyway, sorry for teh waffle.

Sox
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 09:24:57 PM by Sox »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.