Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Welcome to the Forum!!!  (Read 23483 times)

newrasta

Re: Welcome to the Forum!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 09:30:43 PM »

HI everyone,

I am not a rastafarian, but i do have dreadlocks and naive people assume that i am a "white rasta".
I have only had my dreads for about a month (the reason i got them was because i was bored of my long hair, but didnt want to have it cut short cos it would look boring, so when my sis said she ahd all teh stuff to make them, i figured what teh hey?)....anyway, am i gonna ahve to put up with this my whole life (well as long as i ahve dreads for?) or is me having dreads and not being a rastafarian insulting?
I really dont know much about teh religion itgself, so i came here to attempt to understand it a bit better, and hopefully educate the people who havent really got a single clue.

Anyway, sorry for teh waffle.

Sox

Don't worry, you and thousands of other people wear locs and are not Rastas. It's okay for you to wear dreads, no doubt, but please keep in mind what dreads represent to Rastafari. And by you coming here and wanting to learn, shows that you will. Hope you find what you look for.

Oh, and as M-Dub would rightfully say, Rasta is not a religion, it is a way of life, relgion binds down and restricts, Rasta set free!

Jah Love.

Ras Evan

drum

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 05:38:48 PM »

Hi there... Hope you folk's dont mind me joining up.. I was looking for imformation for another forum and your place came up in the search.. so I thought I would join and have a good read through.. I am a member of various forums and moderate on one.. so kinda know my way around them by now.. [smiley=grin.gif]

aussiegirl

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 12:22:38 PM »

im so glad i found this place... i desperatly want to learn about Rastafarianism... i am a massive fan of reggae... sponsor my own lil african child and yeah... have had dreads before on a few occasions- im what people here call 'the modern hippy'... live a kind of alternative type lifestyle... attend alot of alternative music gigs and festivals... spend most weekends in my van (which is decked out with bed and all that- bob marley curtains wooo  [smiley=smiley.gif]) either up in the mountains meditating and exploring the forests or cruising down the coast and surfing some of the most beautiful breaks in the world... or camping out at a festival...
... hmm anyways, back to what i am supposed to be talking about- i have read up alot of buddhism and various other followings but Rastafarianism seems really interesting to me... I want to know all about it... can females be rastafarians? and yes, can you be a white rastafarian? are there some books i can read to learn more about this following? and- must you have dreads to be a true rasta at heart?

thanks brothers and sisters, peace and love.

DEVIN

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 04:34:55 AM »

welcome to the forum! and us here at the forum can be your book lol, unless you looking for a holy book(kerba nagast, bible). but if your lookin for info we can help. thats what us older members are here 4, thats what we do lol....

Jah Bless

and any1 can be rasta cuz who feals it knows it... and... ya dont haffie dread to be be rasta...

dadrakerman

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2005, 04:10:20 PM »

Oy

Finally found a belief system closer to my own, but I'm not specifically Rastafarian, yet.

Hope to see what all I can learn here.

Bye

Rastafarian-n00bie

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2005, 04:01:32 AM »

How about a Rastafari FAQ? it can cover the basic questions newbies have and freeup time the harder questions for the vets.....just a thought [smiley=grin.gif]

naturalite

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2005, 11:05:35 PM »

greeting
been reading this forum for a while now, heard a lot of good vibes big up to all of you, im looking forward to reasoning with you guys,and becoming part of the community,like mossiah garvey say even the longest journey start with the first step so bless
ONE

DEVIN

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2005, 04:24:16 AM »

you can always tell when there is alot of new people when old posts pop back up to the top... lol

Jah Ras Tafari Bless!

DEVIN

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 04:25:40 AM »

lol finaly 500 posts... well 501 now

jah bless

empress_mimi

• Full User
  • forward unto zion
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2005, 09:58:04 PM »

greetings in the name of his imperial majesty,Jah  Rastafari.yes  love 2  all a mi bredrin and sisterin who read this message. i am new but i have alot to learn and a whole heap to offer so blessins to all JAH GUIDE AND PROTECT THE I DEM [smiley=laugh.gif]  
one love mi idrin

newrasta

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2005, 11:57:45 PM »

greetings in the name of his imperial majesty,Jah  Rastafari.yes  love 2  all a mi bredrin and sisterin who read this message. i am new but i have alot to learn and a whole heap to offer so blessins to all JAH GUIDE AND PROTECT THE I DEM [smiley=laugh.gif]  

Greetings and blessings sistren! I hope you have a good time on this forum. Irie reasonings sistren!

Jah Bless!

Ras Evan

FosterMom

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2005, 04:01:40 AM »

I'd like to find out if there is an actual group of Rastafarians in the Washington D.C. area who can provide support when my foster son gets out of jail.  He became one while serving a 2 yr term for "unauthorized use of a vehicle."  That makes him a convicted felon with long dredlocks.  I am so worried that he'll have trouble getting a job and he'll fall back with the people he hung with.  Also, he insists that smoking is "part of his religion" and that could get him back in prison.  He dropped out of high school and doesn't have a GED so any job will be hard to get.   Any suggestions for him?  Or me?  Hopefully, FosterMom

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2005, 01:52:07 PM »

I'd like to find out if there is an actual group of Rastafarians in the Washington D.C. area who can provide support when my foster son gets out of jail.  He became one while serving a 2 yr term for "unauthorized use of a vehicle."  That makes him a convicted felon with long dredlocks.  I am so worried that he'll have trouble getting a job and he'll fall back with the people he hung with.  Also, he insists that smoking is "part of his religion" and that could get him back in prison.  He dropped out of high school and doesn't have a GED so any job will be hard to get.   Any suggestions for him?  Or me?  Hopefully, FosterMom

E.M.HTP!!!

Foster Mom
I know in the DC area there is a lot of Ethiopians there as well. If your son say he is rasta it would be ideal for him to join up with elders in your area. Some of them do be around the Florida Ave area where there are a lot of Ethiopian shops, restaurants, and etc. There he can find a elder to reason with to show guidence and support. I know it might be hard for a woman to raise a man. Because without strength when raising dem can bring future troubles. The mankeeper is not a place for anyone. But it would be good for him to get his ged and enroll in a community college to get back structure in his life. A job is good but hustling pays more! I know for I am living in Newark, NJ and one point DC was the murder capital and Newark was the carjack & stealing capital. These enviroment can produce same results. But the Ethiopian brottas there can reveal where the jamacian rasta are.
For they are one in the same.

HRU
I DON'T COME TO BOW I COME TO CONQUER!!

zion

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005, 03:52:10 PM »

Well....Hello
I'm just gonna look around a bit....don't mind me  [smiley=wink.gif]...but didn't wanna be in your house without hailing you up.

tigerinatrance

• Normal User
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2005, 08:21:05 PM »

Greetings in the Name of the Most High, HIM Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah!

Wanted to itroduce myself - have been lurking around for some time.  

Also - InIScott is my husband.   [smiley=kiss.gif]

Glad to be here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 1.086 seconds with 21 queries.