Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Welcome to the Forum!!!  (Read 23485 times)

NattyRainbows

Re: Welcome to the Forum!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2005, 05:03:51 AM »

New here and just wanted to say HIGH~!~
peace and blessings
chai

InI_Scott

• Full User
  • Chapter a Day!
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2005, 05:26:18 PM »

Welcome all new I to the forum.

this is a wonderful place to live and learn.  i hope each are able to take away much learning and also participate in new learning.

Special irie vibes to have mi Empress here too.

Love you Tigerinatrance!

One love
Scott

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2005, 06:49:19 PM »

Greetings in the Name of the Most High, HIM Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah!

Wanted to itroduce myself - have been lurking around for some time.  

Also - InIScott is my husband.   [smiley=kiss.gif]

Glad to be here.

Greetings tigerina! Looking forward to the rootical reasonings that I have no doubt you behold, as your kingman has blessed us with many before.

One love

Inf3ct

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2005, 12:28:54 AM »

Hey, Im new.....I'm not rasta, but I joined because I want to learn more about it. [smiley=smiley.gif]

afeleki

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2005, 10:59:50 AM »

Give thanks to the most highest, it is Jah(Tagaloalagi) who has brought us here today. The day began with the sun and ended in it's setting. My culture is my roots, and it has supplied me reason. You see, I&I culture is unexplainable by the ego, life should always be positive. Not hurting one another in rage, but only through reason do we overstand truth above all else. Truth is provided by reason from Jah.

Brethrens, Sistrens, I-drens alike, its a pleasure to meet you all.

One Love,
Afeleki
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 11:02:10 AM by afeleki »

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 03:21:45 PM »

Greetings,
My name is Joanna, I am 37, live in England, and i am a white Rastafarian.I have struggled between acceptance and denial of this fact for some 20 years, having actively practised for most of my youth, and then spending some years where, to be frank, i truly lost my way. Last year, i realised that i could no longer run from who and what i am when Jah blessed me with a diagnosis of Chrons Disease. Why do I believe He Blessed me, not smote me, with this painful, incurable disease? Let me explain.
For most of my life i have been afraid of being myself, and of societies perception of who i am.I knew deep inside who i was, what i know is the truth, but lacked courage, and looked to my peers for belonging,but i could not find it. I dabbled with every faith and religion that i thought could provide me with the quietness of my soul that i craved, but was left wanting. I denied, and fought bitterly against Rastafari because as a youth, i was constantly told that i wanted to be something that i wasnt,was accused of wanting to be black,and felt that i was banging my head against a brick wall in the struggle to be overstood. In the end, i cut my dread, and cast aside the rasta community in my town. But i never changed the way i feel about Jah, what he showed me, what my heart and soul tell me is the only way for me. i just buried it, until He sent me a sign.
This is how i came to realise what i now understand.
Last year, i became sick, and was diagnosed with CD. At first, i was terrified, and angry, and ran around like a headless chicken because i didnt know what to do. I looked in all directions for comfort, inside a bottle, in the arms of men who didnt care who i was, and in the end, when all avenues had exhausted me, i broke down, and for the first time in many years, cried out to Jah for guidance, and was ready to hear what he had to say to me.
Now dont get me wrong, i am not saying that i suddenly felt the presence of Jah telling me what to do, it was not a bolt of lightning, or a burning bush. In truth, it was a name that came into my head, of someone i knew i could talk to, who would tell me the truth of my situation, and who i knew i didnt have to be afraid of bearing my soul to. I called my freind, and we talked, i cried, i told him all of the confusing thoughts in my head, and he listened calmly, and offered one piece of advice; just to pray, and trust in Jah, and the answers to my questions would come. When he left me, i prayed, then slept, and when i woke, i felt whole for the first time in almost 20 years. i overstood for the first time that i have to be what i am, no apologies, no excuses, that i had to hold up my hands and surrender to Jah, to praise Him for my life, and for my many blessings that i had taken for granted.
That feeling has remained with me since. I am no longer afraid to show the courage of my convictions. I know for a fact that Jah is with me guiding me, protecting me, filling me with a love and compassion that i had not allowed myself to accept before.
For the first time, i am truly Free.

Jah bless
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 04:44:26 PM »

Blessings

What a beautiful post, Joanna. Thank you for blessing us with it. You know, I rarely if ever look in this thread. I assume most times it's just new members introducing themselves. But for some strange reason I felt the urge to look inside this thread. I am glad I did. I know that everything happens for a reason, and it was meant for me to read your post. Jah gave you that word to give to me, and I'm sure there are others who will be blessed by your inspiring words at a moment in time when they need to read them.

I was reading a commentary this morning on Gratitude. What struck me about what I read was that it suggested that ones should be grateful for EVERYTHING that they have experienced to get them to the point where they are now, whether it was a "good" experience or a "bad" one. That was/is hard to swallow. You mean to tell me I should be grateful for the "bad" things that have happened in my life? For the negativity that has come my way? For the pain inflicted on me that I did not ask for or cause? What?! Well, yes. Because had I not gone through those things, I would not be where I am today. I would not seek a greater overstanding. I would not know growth. My spirit would not be elevated had I not been motivated to seek a higher truth. So in all things, good and bad we should have gratitude for what is.

This gift of life is the only thing given to us where nothing is expected in return. Truly, Jah gave us life and has not demanded anything in return. Not even a simple thank you. So our decision and choice to be grateful for it is something we freely give back to our Creator and to ourselves. Jah does not force us to do anything. But when we really take the time to think about the precious gift of life, how inexplicably and wonderfully we're made, it only makes sense that we should be grateful for it. When we truly stop the running and just stop and look, we will see that there are only blessings. Everything, the good AND the bad, is all a blessing for us.

Be blessed.

Rasta Nick

• Administrator
  • Veteran User
    • Rasta Nick's website & forum
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2005, 05:08:54 PM »

..felt moved to say "Two great posts !!" :-)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 05:09:53 PM by admin »
Even the longest journey starts with one step

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2005, 12:42:11 AM »

Greetings,
thankyou for the kind welcome. i spent all afternoon at work very nervous that i might have been misunderstood, and was apprehensive when i returned to the site. thankyou, EmpressCarla, for knowing what i wanted to put across. after i had posted i was afraid i had appeared as some over zealous convert. all i was trying to say was that i am glad Jah put this struggle in my path, because i needed to see what was in front of me all the time,and they only way He could do that was by showing me how little time on earth we all have, and that there are those who suffer great trials, but still have love and faith in their hearts. you picked up on that chain of thought perfectly. Praise Jah, for moving you to read what to me ,today, was the biggest hurdle in my search for truth, putting myself in the line of fire, so to speak.

Jah bless
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

nattydread1

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2006, 07:13:07 PM »

[smiley=kiss.gif]Hi everyone

Just a quick note to say hi.  Its wonderful to be in a site where everyone is optimistic and filled with love.

Nice to be here.

Nattydread1

teamzissou

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2006, 05:52:54 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am a student in America trying to learn about the rastafarian movement.  this web site is great!  ive only been here for about 20 minutes and already i've learned a ton!

youngac816

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2006, 04:06:09 AM »

what it do all, my name is anthony my friends call me ace, i'm 18 from Kansas City, Missouri, and am currently in college.... i'm new to the whole rasta thing but hopefully i'll learn alot here...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 10:50:22 PM by youngac816 »

Holster

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2006, 10:57:50 PM »

Hello.What can i say about myself.Well im far from Estonia what you havent even heard.People in here are jealous too each other ..no brotherness here :( They think that they are all god and their way of life is the right.They dont give a f**k to each other for real.Can i say i dont like dem well i can cause for real God is far from here.So its pretty difficult to Live my way of life in here when i have lived all my life here.But for my luck Jah has found me .I listen reggea music cause ..do i really need to explain it ;) the message and beat is just for me.I belive in peace and equality and give my gry to world not for myself.Im 17 years old ,dont smoke tobacco ,dont drink alcohol,try to be as good people as i can,no pork for me .Step by step closer to the Jah. And how can i forget one of the most importent ting in my life-herb. Okey for one more time ...music is very importent in my life.

Bless i guess..

xpcommon

Can I share .. New here
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2006, 09:54:01 PM »

Hi, I would come to say Hello to all forum members here. It is my first post here. in fact, I want to share my views with other people and make friends.  

rastasis

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2006, 05:00:38 PM »

bless all , my name is Sissel and I'm from Denmark. I have a deepfelt love for Jamaica and reggae and that's where my interest for rastafarism started . I've had dreadlocks but now I took them out. honestly I think it was because I felt a responsability wearing them . Still , reggae is my life and love and I just want to understand the artist better. I believe in a God called Jah , I'm just needing a deep explanation about  Hailie Selassie . But I'm sure I'll find it on this forum which I'm already loving .

One Love
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.