Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Welcome to the Forum!!!  (Read 23482 times)

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
Re: Welcome to the Forum!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2007, 11:26:51 PM »

Bless Up Jah's Family

InI would also like to welcome all the new members.  As Ras Matthew stated, RASTA SCHOOL is filled with amazing Food for Thought.  Take some time and check it out. 

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee
To he who much is given, much is required

Natty_Fred

• Mr.
  • Veteran User
  • Herbalise and REALISE...
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2007, 09:48:02 PM »

Greetings all new members and oldies alike...

Havn't posted here inna longtime, hope ur all happy and healthy...

That'd be me...

some more pics on Posters Pictures thread...

Stay Irie One n All
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cultivation...

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2007, 09:55:48 PM »

Bless up,
Natty where ya been? looking good bredda!
 back in the UK? hope to catch up soon..
 still supporting that rubbish team? lol 
one love,
Queen Joanna x
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

Simba

• Newbie User
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2007, 10:20:38 AM »

Yo! What up Brothers and sisters? InI come in a new name, Simba, but InI was known as Sponger Mann.   As a sponge I soaked in wisdom and knowledge to be a Lion for Zion(much was gained here), now I still growing getting stronger and stronger.  Simba means strength.   Seen?

I would like to use my first post of my new name to thank JAH Holy Prince Immanuel I, Everyone on this site and everyone that has/will inspire and guide InI through this mystical journey we call life and love and unity cuz that's what its all about.  

Thank you JAH for bringing your children together through your mysterious works.   JAH Guide us and protect us, we know Babylon rough so we must stay strong and nah yield to no temptation.   Ya Hear!!

Pura Vida
Simba
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:28:08 AM by Simba »
Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!

Natty_Fred

• Mr.
  • Veteran User
  • Herbalise and REALISE...
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2008, 07:48:06 PM »

Cultivation...

RooticaLee

• Newbie User
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2009, 01:28:03 PM »

Greetings brothers and sisters.  My name is Lee, from England, Babylon.  I've been interested in the Rasta faith for many years now but am not a Rasta.  However, I do live my life in the upfull way Rasta's do.  I will elaborate later.

Just gonna have a look round the forum and check out the threads.  I look forward to reasoning with you all soon.

One Love.

Lee

Zamaria

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2011, 03:57:21 PM »

Hi.  I am new to this forum.  I need to learn about Rastafari so that I may teach my children.  My husband is gone from us and I wish to respect his beliefs while teaching the children.  He was only just starting to teach me when he died and so now I need to know more.  I am trying to teach three boys they are twelve years, four years and one year.  I keep my husband's children living with me because their mother does want them.  She signed papers to say they are my children now, so I am blessed with two older boys as well as my little boy.  They are very good children, they help me with many things that must be done on our land.  But the oldest he is starting to have many questions that I do not know answers to.  How to raise these boys to be good Rasta man like their father but with no father to teach them? Can a woman truly raise good men with no man to help? Please tell me where to learn from? There are no other Rastas close to where I live to help teach them.  Much thanks for making time to help us who need to know things, and much respect. 

Nazarite I

• Senior User
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2011, 12:01:18 AM »

That is a sad situation to read about. Blessings and strength to the I in what must be a troubling time and truly bless the I for taking that task onto the Iself. The first step if the wants to raise the children RastafarI will be to educate the Iself, because no one can teach of something they don't know themselves. Remember always though that the I's husband lives still though. The I became One with him in marriage and the children are his life also. Teach the children to manifest their father in their ways, because their father is a Rastaman and I and I manifest the ways of the Most High. Study with them and teach them about their father, and never let anything get the I down.

Blessed love and guidence.

S Garvey13

• Standard User
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2013, 03:25:52 PM »

Hi folks.  I'm kind of new here but not.  This is my third time here now!  ;D I was first here under the name of 'Just a friend' a few years back.  I then rejoined when I lost my passwords etc as S Garvey.  Well once again I forgot my password so I have tried again, hopefully for the last time.  LOL
 I am not Rasta, kind of Buddhist (albeit a lazy one) and with my love of Japanese history and culture I try to incorporate Shinto into my life.  I do intend to live and work in Japan one day and will embrace it fully when that happens. 
 My interest in Rastafarian culture like a lot of people I guess, comes from listening to Reggae and reading about Reggae artists and their background.  Most noteably Bob Marley, as there's no escaping the influence he has had on the world in spreading awareness of Rastafarian belief and Reggae music and culture.  I have a number of DVDs about Bob and Reggae music as well as Rastafarian culture, the main one there being Heartland Reggae, one of my favourites.
 I'm still learning a lot as there is a lot to learn, and it never ceases to interest me.  I have gained a bigger knowledge of Reggae music over the years and have started listening to a lot of Dub Reggae as I find it very relaxing, especially while i'm at work. 
I have had a lot happen over the last few years, some good but a lot bad.  I have gotten through it for the most part, though losing my Dad seven years ago was the hardest to get over.  I was married but unfortunately due to things that I will most likely cover later we had to separate.  We are still the best of friends and it was a mutual agreement that it was best for both of us in the long term. 
 I am now studying a music technology course at college that will hopefully lead to me going to university to gain a degree in music technology.  From there I am hoping it will lead to me being able to get work in Japan, or work in the UK that will hopefully pave the way for a job in Japan.  My goal is to eventually own my own studio to be able to write, compose and produce my own music as well as produce for other artists and provide recording facilities for bands and artists.  I would like to have a go at producing my own Dub Reggae tunes, though that is an artform in itself so I know it won't be easy. 
 Well there you are, a little insight into me.  I will reveal more later when I remember it or when people ask the relevant questions. 
 Thanks for having me.  S Garvey.  :)

Raybob

• Newbie User
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2013, 11:58:33 AM »

Greetings in Jah, the most high God, the everlasting Almighty.   New to the forum, 'new' to Rastafari.   InI came out of babylon.   Was a 'worship leader' until my studies had me overstand how wrong it was.   Gave pastor and elders letter explaining why I had to leave at elder meeting.   They couldn't challenge it, some wished me 'luck'.   I was then 'fellowhipping' on a bible study forum, was made moderator, well respected by all until I heard Bob Marley.   InI overstood at that point, what I was preaching to the choir WAS Rastafari, in so many words.   InI overstood well how verses pulled out of context, twisted, led them to believe kingdom had not come yet, that was supposed to be future, etc.   InI knew   Jah was also showing me how to live otherwise, organic foods, no toxic cleaners, no big-pharma, etc.   When I heard Bob, I could listen to nothing but everything he ever recorded since, except for my music gigs I play at.   

I was smoking tobacco and ganga 40+ years, switched to organic tobacco 20 yrs ago.   After hearing Bob, I've weaned off tobacco, stuffing pipes with sense now.   Praise Jah it's legal medicine here in California.   With corncob pipe, InI can use herb anywhere, in front of children, anywhere in the State with no fear, praise Jah.

Need to sleep now, but so glad to find Rasta forum.   Halle lou JAH!

hxxp: www. youtube. com/watch?v=aRMMTOrlNgk

Posted on: September 01, 2013, 11:53:38 AM
Quote from: Raybob link=topic=1716. msg80442#msg80442 date=1378032818
Greetings in Jah, the most high God, the everlasting Almighty.    New to the forum, 'new' to Rastafari.    InI came out of babylon.    Was a 'worship leader' until my studies had me overstand how wrong it was.    Gave pastor and elders letter explaining why InI had to leave at elder meeting.    They couldn't challenge it, some wished me 'luck'.    InI was then 'fellowhipping' on a bible study forum, was made moderator, well respected by all until I heard Bob Marley.    InI overstood at that point, what I was preaching to the choir WAS Rastafari, in so many words.    InI overstood well how verses pulled out of context, twisted, led them to believe kingdom had not come yet, that was supposed to be future, etc.    InI knew   Jah was also showing me how to live otherwise, organic foods, no toxic cleaners, no big-pharma, etc.    When InI heard Bob, could listen to nothing but everything he ever recorded since, except for gigs InI play.   InI got real bold explaning how Bob Marley was true martyr, how big-pharma was killing all, was bashing tongue-talkers. .   Not long, I was banned, then let back in but not moderator any more, ha ha.    

Was smoking tobacco and ganga 40+ years, switched to organic tobacco 20 yrs ago.    After hearing Bob, InI weaning off tobacco, stuffing pipes with sense now.    Praise Jah it's legal medicine here in California.    With corncob pipe, InI can use herb anywhere, in front of children, anywhere in the State with no fear, praise Jah. 

Need to sleep now, but so glad to find Rasta forum.    Halle lou JAH!

hxxp: www.  youtube.  com/watch?v=aRMMTOrlNgk

The Seeker

• Newbie User
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2014, 11:05:59 PM »

I'm new to these forums and I thought this might be the best place to introduce myself.  I am interested in learning as much as I can, and as there appears to be much wisdom to learn from these forums, I will probably read far more than I post.  A bit about me: I am a religious studies student and an explorer of spiritual traditions, and I have also been a huge fan of reggae music since my youth which has always led me to have a strong interest in Rastafari.  Recognizing much about Rasta livity which resonates with me/I, I have grown grown tired of the lack of overstanding that people have about what Rastafari is (myself included).  It seems to me that most people only know that Rastas have dreads, they smoke ganja, and that Bob Marley was a Rastaman, but I am interested in much more than that.  I want to learn as much about the teachings of the Rastas and the ways that Rastas have found to come closer to Jah, even while in Babylon.  I come to Rastafari with complete respect and reverence, and I am hoping to learn and practice as much as I can from the teachings of Jah.  Peace be with you all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.