Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement  (Read 29646 times)

FiyahBun

Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement
« on: June 12, 2005, 05:48:57 PM »

Blessed Love

I and I would like comments on what role should non direct descendants of Africans be in the Rastafari Movement. Is it for ones to repatriate to Zion/Africa/Ethiopia?
Is it to seek reparations? What are no African views on reparation and repatriation?
Any insightful comments welcome, seen

[bgcolor=Green] Rastafari  [/bgcolor]
[bgcolor=Yellow] Haile Selassie I  [/bgcolor]
[bgcolor=Red] Fiyah  [/bgcolor]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 01:20:08 PM by FiyahBun »

DEVIN

Re: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Mov...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 06:17:59 PM »

all people came from africa, and whos to tell some 1 thats dont got black skin that they cant go 2 the holy land? to me thats not what rastas about

1 people.

bless

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 06:22:10 PM »

Yeah, just because my family (which I cannot control the past or present of) was born and raised in other nations, I don't feel changes a thing.

As I'm sure you know, theres proof that we were all descended from Africa and so I go more then this then by where the womb was when my extended family came out.

I certainly plan on returning to Africa and specifically Ethiopia within my physical on-Earth lifetime.

One love

DEVIN

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 07:32:29 PM »

im saying 1 people, you say "any group of people" the is only one people, but i know what u saying, and i cant really anser your question because my reason 4 learning rasta is not repatriation but to become closer to the most high. i dont think it is nesary 2 go to africa 4 me cuz jah is im me, in every1, africa Is the holy land the zion is there but dont mean i need 2 go back there if i wanna be close to jah, i want 2 stay here and teach people so they can learn 2 love jah like i do, i mean yea im gunna go some day but i will come back cuz the people need some1 to teach and im willing, i feel thats my calling [smiley=smiley.gif]

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 07:45:40 PM »

Blessed Love

Devin & Positive V
If it is both of your contention that all are African. Do you think that it is practical and logical for any group of people to claim that they are African and seek repatriation? For this is not the intention of the Rastafari Movement.

Is it practical and logical? Yes, I'd say so.

Regardless of its constant struggles, many regard Africa as the returning place where Babylon is of no object. As a heaven on Earth, which Ethiopia is still regarded as. This ideology, as I'm sure you know, dates back to the slavery days in the early 20th century.

And yes, all are African by roots. If a group of people that were in Africa and were relocated to ___ and made those claims then I think the term 'African' is more literal, as, in the most literal sense, I'm an 'American.'

"Don't care where you come from, as long as you're an African. No mind your nationality. You've got the identity."

One love
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 07:48:25 PM by Positive_Vibration »

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 08:54:11 PM »

Blessed Love

Positive Vibration
Africa today is controlled by the same Babylon that ones are running away from. How is it practical for mass Europeans, Chinese, Indians to return to Africa?
Reparation and repatriation are for the children of those that were in bondage over the past centuries. Or do you think it is also for the children of the slave masters too?

One important part of that Peter Tosh lyric that you left out is as long as you are a Black Man you are an African. Did you leave that out for purpose?

No, I was just quoting a certain part of the song. Indeed "as long as you are a black man, you're an African" but also...

"No mind your complexion
There is no rejection
You're an African

'Cause if your plexion
High, high, high
If your complexion low, low, low
And if your plexion in between
You're an African"

And I fully understand your perception on that. Why should the sons of slave drivers return to the land their ancestors tried their dear best at ruining?!

Seen. But why should InI be held back because the womb my mothers ancestors came out of was in Spain and the womb my fathers ancestors came out of was European (English, Scottish)? In the history I read I am just as disgusted by the English as I am by the very own country I now live in!

I wasn't born with that kind of choice. But nonetheless, our ultimate roots are in Africa, and if righteous dreads from Asia, Europe, and North America want to retreat to Africa, then absolutely nothing is wrong with this.

The lead guitarist of the Wailers (and the guy that plays on 'African') is none other then Al Anderson whom was born in New Jersey - suburbs which are only a few hours away from I. Do you think he chose that?

In the end, all righteous will retreat to Holy Mt. Zion

And I understand that today much of Africa is driven by the Babylon-drivers that ran away from to begin with. Thats why I said it was largely *regarded* as such a place.

And it is certainly my intent in my physicial time to settle on either the island or Africa to get closer to my ultimate roots geographically (despite the aforementioned points)

Much love, raspect, and thanks for your wisom

One love
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 08:56:50 PM by Positive_Vibration »

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 10:02:26 PM »

greetings, imo when i hear african that means blackman to me. here intha states alittle while back non-indians made an attempt at co-opting and therefore(imo) prostituting indian spirituality until some of the elders put a stop to it. there is still some of that "white wolf" new age mentality floating around but nothing like before. i like what Fiyah said one time-- ' Rasta is blackmans liberation' so true, in my estimation. please don't claim africa if you not indigenous african. i support repatriation for the black people of africa in the diaspora and that includes money owed for the all the money made off they backs of blood and sweat. to me if the blackman/woman allows non-black africans to be a part of rasta then so be it and out of love i for the most part see that happening. this is juss how tha i see's it

respect, paco
Whoever Brought Me Here, Will Have To Take Me Home - - -Rumi

Speed

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 12:20:13 AM »

I don't think repriatrition is at the top of the 'list of things to do' for non direct african descendants.  I don't see no problem with it though. Pilgrimage?

For me, due to the lack of african cultural heritage for non africans in the rasta movement the culture side of things isn't as important.  This leaves a bigger stress the 'Unity' side of things making non african Rastas less militant maybe.  I think Ital and livity is essential as well...

I think the job of non african Rastas is to promote the message, find Jah and live righteously

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 02:07:58 PM »

E.M.HTP!!!!

Vibe

Why should Africa be your home because of your ancestosr follies? But the some damaging thing you implied was that your ancestors messed up your identity of your nationality. But YOU not doing nothing about it! Now you expect Africans to accept you and you did nothing about your sitution! Why would Africans want you in africa? What do you have to offer? Because anything you do haven't even been seen by your own? This is some wolf in sheep clothing ish! We africans can't feel dat! And I don't think you really do!

Paco

True dat!

Speed
What you said I have to say your a crazy idiot!
Because what you said rings true and great!! Fo real fo real! If every european thought like you bretheen as far as your overstanding of this sitution. It would be a wonderful world! You got sh!t straight as far as a goal and what's not a goal of non africans! Damn Son! That was Fire!

HRU
I DON'T COME TO BOW I COME TO CONQUER!!

ArkI

Re: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 02:58:57 PM »

Here is a reasoning I reasoned about this topic before:

----------------------------------------------------------------
Africans were stolen from their land and their land was robbed and raped to a point where things are very hard now in Africa. Africans have been spread abroad and oppressed throughout the world. Africans have a right to their own nation and Babylon must stop abusing their nation and people.

I don't believe that any white man belongs in Africa, unless Africans as a whole invites that white man to join them. I am white, so I don't have the intention to go to live in Africa because it is not my continent, it belongs to the Africans.

Yes, it is true that everyone lived in Africa at some point. But the white man chose to leave Africa and populate other parts of the world a very long time ago.

I know some white people that feel repatriation belongs to them as well. But to I, this attitude looks too similar to something I have seen before. White people felt that they "discovered" the Americas, even though the First Nations people already lived there, and were farming the land for food. But these whites felt that it belonged to them and they had a right to be there, even more of a right then the First Nations.

So they killed the First Nations people, robbed and raped their land and then brought Africans over to build up another man's land for themselves.

-------------------------------------
So as Marcus Garvey say,
13 We believe in the freedom of Africa for the Negro people of the world, and by the principle of Europe for the Europeans and Asia for the Asiatics; we also demand Africa for the Africans at home and abroad.

14. We believe in the inherent right of the Negro to possess himself of Africa, and that his possession of same shall not be regarded as an infringement on any claim or purchase made by any race or nation.

15. We strongly condemn the cupidity of those nations of the world who, by open aggression or secret schemes, have seized the territories and inexhaustible natural wealth of Africa, and we place on record our most solemn determination to reclaim the treasures and possession of the vast continent of our forefathers.

16. We believe all men should live in peace one with the other, but when races and nations provoke the ire of other races and nations by attempting to infringe upon their rights, war becomes inevitable, and the attempt in any way to free one's self or protect one's rights or heritage becomes justifiable.

Full speech,
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/marcus-words/show-garvey-word.asp?word_title=Declaration+of+Rights+of+the+Negro+Peoples
-------------------------------------

I know that times have changed and the dynamics of the world are different then they were 2000 years ago. I and I as a world people should learn to live in peace with eachother and be able to live in the same village with all different races, with equality. But it is not a right of the white man to live in Africa, it is a privilege that can only be granted by Africans.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 04:45:33 PM »

i want to move to ethiopia because i would rather live a life with no complications no electricity and no concrete jungle.to me money isnt shite,its just paper if the shops were to shut, paper couldnt support your family so i feel we all need to live off the land.if i move to ethiopia as i was planning to in 2 years and i am rejected by fellow rastas then i see no point in living.does anyone here have anything against me moving?
peace jah love
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 08:33:46 PM »

Blessed Love

Good words paco. I and I struggle is with all righteous people that oppose babylon/white supremacy. Many people say HIM Haile Selassie I only manifested for the African. I've seen some say this on this forum in the past. Yet I know that HIM came in this time to establish a global iniversal order of Justice.This is the definition of justice that I gave on another thread. The definition of Justice is simple. It is to guarantee that no person is mistreated in any circumstance. Also those that need help the most must get the most help first. When the African who are the ones who need the most justice get their justice ALL will be free. There is an order and logic to things.

I feel that the non direct descendants of Africans that are Rasta must find their role within this context. So the issue of fighting for Reparations and Repatriation is just as important to them as it is for the Africans in the diaspora. For it is one fight for justice! The role of non African Rastas must not just be to reject Babylon within themselves alone but to also participate in the global Rastafari Movement/Government. Their role is not to redefine Rastafari as I see so many try to do. HIM Haile Selassie I is central to Rastafari Consciousness.  HIM Selassie I is the head of the Rastafari Movement. No Rastas should even be debating this point. No Rastas should be debating on doctrine and dogma either.

Seen and agreed, bredren!

One love

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 08:38:14 PM »

I know some white people that feel repatriation belongs to them as well. But to I, this attitude looks too similar to something I have seen before. White people felt that they "discovered" the Americas, even though the First Nations people already lived there, and were farming the land for food. But these whites felt that it belonged to them and they had a right to be there, even more of a right then the First Nations.

I see the question, however, for me at least - its not true.

As I've said, InI am DISGUSTED by white history.

Yes, they left the land, yes, they raped the people, yes, they tried to destroy and opress culture. But I don't feel that just because they left Africa to live in Europe and the Americas that this is where I am chained to and must live.

If I could back to those times with I mind, I'd be willing, in one second, to sacrifice my life for any African slave with one blow.

One love

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 08:40:48 PM »

For if some are so quick to point out that All are Africans why is it so difficult for ones to Hail the King of Kings? The very concept of Christ is African! Ethiopia is the cradle of mandkind. So it is only right that it is from there the King should arise. For those that cannot see divinity in the king it is because thay cannot see the divinity within themselves

Seen. This is why I looked to guidance on you in those times of doubt in my mind.

I KNEW Selassie was the king of king and lord of lords...InI just needed the direction to FEEL it. You gave me this.

Much thanks.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 08:43:05 PM »

Blessed Love

I would just like to post the lyrics to War for ones to medi on!
When one reads these word of HIM put to song by Bob one see where ones must focus. The color of a mans skin will be of no significance to the color of his eye when the global white supremacy system is made null and replaced by a system of Justice. So all righteous peoples fight is for Justice. Again those that need the most help should get the most help first. It is ONE Struggle.

Seen and agreed there also.

Yes, InI want to go to Africa but I don't plan on going there to put my feet up on their couches and relax like its home to me. Theres work to be done! As you said, all righteous people are one with the struggle in these times and InI certainly want to do all that I can to help.

One love
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11

Page created in 1.114 seconds with 21 queries.