Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement  (Read 31960 times)

ital

Re: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2005, 04:30:40 PM »

greetings,  even  thou  we  were  sold  in  to  slavery  by  our  brothers,  just  like  how  they  claim  that  joseph  brothers  sold  him  into  slavery,  and  strip  of  all  that  we  had  they  still  never  manage  to  break  IandI  spirit,  iam  not  saying  education  is  a  bad  thing,  but  we  dont  need  to  have  education  to  know  jah,  we  as  african  knew  this  long  before  education  in  the  form  of  reading  and  writing  develop  in  human  society,  once  one  discover  the  truth  within  one  discover  balance,  it  is  not  reading  and  writing  that  give  one  balance,  but  striveing  to  live  good  with  the  people  that  you  meet  in  your  life,  an  the  number  one  thing  listen  to  our  own  conscience,  no  man  that  try  to  live  by  the  ways  of  his  own  conscience  can    ever  be  an  ignorant  man,  there  is  noting  ignorant  about  conscience,  an  there  is  noting  ignorant  about  those  who  choose  to  follow  the  ways  of  their  own  conscience,  i  dont  have  a  lot  of  education  but  iam  not  makeing  any  excuse  for  that,  in  fact  iam  glad  that  i  personally  lack  certian  education  because  i  did  not  get  the  chance  to  go  to  school  regualrly,  there  are  to  menny  educated  fools,  they  are  drunk  on  education  they  believe  it  can  bring  balance  in  their  life  but  it  cant,  only  when  one  know  their  own  self  first,  will  one  be  able  to  use  education  in  a  balance  way.  one  love  to  laa  who  live  on  planet  earth  RASTAFARI.    

A.M.

« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2005, 01:00:44 AM »

Ital and Fiya you have only proved your ignorance. The Bible and Koran and every text you cited are the only texts in existence that have changed very little since their original publications. Languages and meanings may have been lost in translations but this does not afffect the book(s) as a whole. It seems to me ( and I drop Mi sleng after this one ) Ital and Fiyahbun that you HIDE behind the slang and slander a man- who is your bredren for having feeling in a belief that spread many men many fait' many nation- because you feel you have been "OUT-THEORIZED" when I'm trying to teach a man for his own knowledge, fi let a man do HIS OWN soul searching. True "His Story" is evil when you come to view it through the term "History" which only refers to the history of the world as seen and changed by the white man in history/scholastic texts and publications. But these who have done this are NATIONALISTS- true many wars have been fought over religion - and the Bible , The Greek scriptures, Hebrew- Aramaic, Kebra, dead sea scrolls etc. etc. , that are staple for Catholic/ and Christian Nationalists who MOLD religion are still part of the Hebrew account which details the origin of the continent of Africa and it's bloodline through Davidic/Solominic line, because doubt you not, MenelikI WAS the son of Bat'sheba and Solomon it IS WRITTEN. A follower and true believer of Haile Selassie, and a TRUE rastafari could never doubt The word of Jah. One must even wonder WHY Selassie himself  was a follower of CHRIST ( not christianity i.e. see his 2 U.N. addresses) even though he had a following and could have started his own faith on the spot... ( in reference to H.I.M.'s vivit to Jamaica )... but he didn't...because he was a Man of real faith and a believer of the I-Jah king of King and an incarnation of the Lord of Lords Spirit, THe Lion.

Jah_Prophet_I_Man

« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2005, 01:18:02 AM »

Ok here are the misconceptions InI see here in this post. First of all I see it written that Africans were TAKEN from Africa as slaves. This is historically incorrect. Anyone who has studied the situation would know the truth of the matter. Yes White men sold and owned slaves, but it was other, stronger African tribes who captures warriors from enemy tribes and sold them to the white man. Many Africans became wealthy off of slavery as well. Thats not to take the blame off of anyone and place it on anyone else. It is too place the blame on all man kind for not seeing his brothers worth. Let the sins of mankind be called as they are. Sight?
Also too many young black men blow wind talking about a return to the holy land of Africa. First of all Africa is NOT the holy land, it is land like any other. This Earth is the holy land of Jah. This Earth is the garden of Eden given to mankind by Jah almighty. Yes brothers and sisters open your eyes and hearts to the truth of Jah's love, all the Earth is Zion, and all the Earth is Babylon. It all depends on the heart behind the eyes looking at the situation. Sight? Live up.

Jah_Prophet_I_Man

« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2005, 04:40:01 PM »

Do misunderstand my words. I say africa ALONE is not the holy land. ALL the earth is Jahs footstool and is holy because it is the creation of Jah. Sight?

ital

« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2005, 05:28:12 AM »

greetings  prophet,  read  all  the  post  on  this  tred  again  you  will  probley  find  out  that  there  is  no  misconceptions  going  on  here,  because  we  alredy  mention  thah  it  was  some  of  our  fellow  africans  that  sold  us  to  the  europians,  so  the  misconception  that  is  going  on  is  in  your  own  mind  one  love  RASTAFARI.

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2005, 03:03:59 AM »

Seen Fiyah,
true true Ises to Jah for your vision.

bless
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

ital

« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2005, 01:36:29 PM »

greetings,  as  a  blackman  iam  aware  of  all  the  injustice  that  the  black  man  has  suffer  in  the  past  and  continue  to  suffer  in  this  time,  jah  know  that  i  would  face  all  these  difficulties  in  my  life  he  got  the  power  to  make  life  perfect  without  any  injustice  so  if  jah  let  me  face  all  these  injustice  it  must  be  for  a  good  reason,  it  is  trough  fighting  for  justice  that  one  over  come  injustice,  if  you  hate  the  injustice  that  you  find  in  life,  that  hate  will  blind  your  better  understanding,  one  have  to  learn  how  to  love  justice,  so  that  one  can  fight  against  injustice,  we  cannot  fight  against  injustice  in  this  world  with  guns  and  bombs  those  who  fight  against  injustice  in  this  world  using  guns  and  bombs  do  not  understand  justice,  i  know  that  injustice  is  behaveing  bad  and  that  we  must  fight  against  this  tyrant  call  ingustice,  but  we  cannot  fight  injustice  with  injustice,  the  antedote  for  injustice  is  justice,  the  man  who  is  fighting  for  justice  is  doing  so  not  only  for  himself  but  for  every  one  else  bucause  justice  is  for  all,  the  man  of  justice  dont  neen  guns  and  bombs  to  fight  against  injustice,  his  bombs  and  bullits  are  the  words  that  cometh  from  his  mouth,  he  shoot  people  but  only  with  the  words  of  truth,  as  a  rastaman  in  this  time  it  is  my  duety  to  let  people  know  that  even  thou  injustice  is  all  around,  in  fact  injustice  rule  this  planet,  there  is  a  cure  for  injustice  its  call  justice,  one  love  RASTAFARI.

Regdan

« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2005, 02:17:07 AM »

I see the question, however, for me at least - its not true.

As I've said, InI am DISGUSTED by white history.

Yes, they left the land, yes, they raped the people, yes, they tried to destroy and opress culture. But I don't feel that just because they left Africa to live in Europe and the Americas that this is where I am chained to and must live.

If I could back to those times with I mind, I'd be willing, in one second, to sacrifice my life for any African slave with one blow.

One love

I see what you are saying, but is that really truthful? I mean, how come you do not save any other man that trots on the street? A bum, for example, one that needs particular help and guidance.

I would help anyone in need, I think that is more proper. Otherwise, it sounds to politically correct to me. Feel free to disagree.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2005, 02:22:37 AM »

I see what you are saying, but is that really truthful? I mean, how come you do not save any other man that trots on the street? A bum, for example, one that needs particular help and guidance.

I would help anyone in need, I think that is more proper. Otherwise, it sounds to politically correct to me. Feel free to disagree.

I've got to say I stand firm to what I said. A 'bum' in the wealthy suburbs of InI area is more prone to have mental illness then anything, and most if not all are served weekly at the soup kitchen, where I've helped out many times.

Also to bring this to modern times - it is my mission to put forth effort/progress in the world's struggle through music, (word, sound, and power.)

If my Earthly brother was in literal shackles and being bought, robbed, and raped wholesale though - yes, I'd die for his or her freedom with no consideration.

One love

Regdan

« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2005, 02:29:30 AM »

I've got to say I stand firm to what I said. A 'bum' in the wealthy suburbs of InI area is more prone to have mental illness then anything, and most if not all are served weekly at the soup kitchen, where I've helped out many times.

Also to bring this to modern times - it is my mission to put forth effort/progress in the world's struggle through music, (word, sound, and power.)

If my Earthly brother was in literal shackles and being bought, robbed, and raped wholesale though - yes, I'd die for his or her freedom with no consideration.

One love

Wealthy suburbs, something I did not say. I have lived in the ghetto, I have lived in many ratty areas. It is not something that merits any describing. Bums were often killed because they were in the way of a drug deal, all because they didn't pay taxes. Suffered mental from some type oof illness. That is not justice, I would try and help them. But to be honest, I don't know if I could risk my life for them. Not self conceited, it could be fear. I think it is one of those, 'have to be there' situations. Otherwise, you can't ever really know.

Soul-Jah

• Veteran User
  • man wombman child is the true trinity
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2005, 05:21:54 PM »

all i can say is when the shit hits the fan i wont stand in front or behind my african brothers but side by side anything else is just ego driven politricks ,and ill put that on my life word is bond

peace and love
We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.
 H.I.M JAH RASTAFARI
INI WALK IN ONENESS
BLESSED LOVE

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2005, 07:19:48 PM »

Wealthy suburbs, something I did not say. I have lived in the ghetto, I have lived in many ratty areas. It is not something that merits any describing. Bums were often killed because they were in the way of a drug deal, all because they didn't pay taxes. Suffered mental from some type oof illness. That is not justice, I would try and help them. But to be honest, I don't know if I could risk my life for them. Not self conceited, it could be fear. I think it is one of those, 'have to be there' situations. Otherwise, you can't ever really know.

Greetings and peace

The 'wealthy suburbs' bit was just me taking it to the small scale I was born into. I do fight for the sufferers of inequity and tribulation everyday through music. This is the struggle of the world, this is the struggle of Rastafari.

Again the example on the extent of slavery was rather literal. I've visited the ghettos of Harlem and if anything, the seen tribulation is further inspiration to move forward in the fight. Death would be no choice for the righteous person. All I was saying was that with Jah love in I heart, if the situation called for it, no matter what it be, in the name of equal rights and liberty, I would deliever.

One love

Regdan

« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2005, 10:43:26 PM »

Now that is better. A more honest and less politically polluted answer, seriously.

If it comes the time, honestly. My brain would want to react, to help. Truthfully, I am very confident I would help anyone in need and I do. To this very day, but if it involves dire consequences fear may strike me dead first. At least, my mind will live full with the reacting thought of at least wanting and attempting to help.

Bless the father.

P.S. Nice entry soul-jah.

missmissytaj

« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2005, 04:58:59 AM »

Now I kno I might get a lot of grief fi dis but I was taught dat there is noh such thing as a NON-AFRICAN(seeing dat all life started in beautiful Afrika) but may b I wrong any ones an ones care to In lighten I?

EveryLove

« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2006, 02:02:23 PM »

Bless to all you of good heart!! i myself am White european, I am born and raised in England, but when I look into Iself deep, I sees not someone born out of European history, but out of Africa.  I's mind took me back there for 6 months 2 years ago, to Tanzania, and I again felt immediately back home.  Now I am in England again, and struggling to live amongst those who not understand.  those who laugh at I's clothing, and I's choice of life.  i refuse to work in babylon, I refuse to play the games of such people.  The only reason I remain here, away from my home in Africa, is because I have responsibility to friends who I make music with.  If I fail in makin music my life, I return to Africa immediately.  You see history affects peoples minds differently, some people hold on in their soul the beginning of their roots, while some people only see their own life as history!! If any man has this connection with his roots, and places them in Africa, than that man is a true African, be him white, black, mixed or anything, and then that man feels the pain of repression and slavery and must also fight against the evil forces of babylon to stand tall amongst his brothers, without shame!

Bless to all of you, I's heart is with you at all times,

Praise to Jah,

One love
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.