Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement  (Read 29651 times)

Positive_Vibration

Re: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2005, 08:54:20 PM »

I agree also, that mass-migration to Africa would do absolutely nothing to further anything within these times.

joeyb

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2005, 11:33:04 PM »

much wisdom seen.

at first I was uneasy about the whole issue - but you I-dren have settled my mind. I believe that my role in the Universe, as a whiteman, lies not in moving to Africa. I recognise that I-man roots in Africa, but I live in Britain, where Babylon is rife. If I to fight this oppression, I must do it here. I consider myself a part of the international Rasta commUnity, but my role is to pioneer Jah-love - not to pretend I African. Thanks to all those who recognise unity AND diversity: yet Jah smile on everyOne who strives for equality.
OneLove

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2005, 12:00:32 AM »

at first I was uneasy about the whole issue - but you I-dren have settled my mind. I believe that my role in the Universe, as a whiteman, lies not in moving to Africa. I recognise that I-man roots in Africa, but I live in Britain, where Babylon is rife. If I to fight this oppression, I must do it here.

Irie bredren! I think this is a great attitude.

I consider myself a part of the international Rasta commUnity, but my role is to pioneer Jah-love - not to pretend I African.

One cannot pretend they are African. You can pretend you're not African.

One

Jah bless

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 01:11:05 AM »

Some real wisdom being put forth here.
It humbles me. bless
Now my opinion on this subject.
Concerning reparation I doubt the babalonian powers would ever let it happen and if it did they would make a mess of it like they do with every other program they intstitute. Morally it needs to happen.
Concerning repatriation just because all life originated in Africa does not make us all African.
I see my role in rasta as two fold. My own personal growth and enlightenment.
This growth must precipitate my efforts to help others understand the realities of babylon, oppression in all it's forms and that changes must be made to end these attrocities
This role is one that I must fullfill here not in Africa.
There's only one thing I haven't figured out yet. Where do I belong. Repatriation really isn't ment for non-Africans, but I have to tell you straight out I don't belong here either. Even before I knew about rasta, I existed here but I saw nothing as they do. I've always been outspoken about issues of race and opression. Even as a child. Queen Jerusalem said she was called by Selassie I and it seems I was called even as a child. He's always been in my heart. This has made me an outcast in what some would call "my culture". I don't
Everyone that cares about me is from Jamaica or Africa. I would certainly hope that if repatriation ever becomes a reality I don't have to be separated from the people who matter to me most.
So my head understands what you say about repatriation, but my heart doesn't like it.
For me this is the battle field, not home.

Jah bless

One love
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 01:12:36 AM by msgal »
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

thelastwinnum

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2005, 02:33:37 AM »

I an I think it is the duty of the tan man to spread the word of Jah and make Babylon a more peacable place if thats possible. White rastas have a moral obligation to H.I.M to pay respect to de black bredren who have struggled for generations for rights that we were born with. I an I cyan say what its likee for de black bredren, but for I it's learning someting none of mi ancestors knew: how to be humble.  jah bless

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2005, 03:56:25 AM »

Blessed Love

Great words msgal. I would say that you are correct concerning the issue of reparations.  It is not the intention of those who seek it to see it fully actualized in all aspects. Yet as you said it is something that has to be on the table if even primarily as a moral issue. All victims of a wrong must first be able to admit that they were victimized and they must also hold the ones/ Babylon accountable for the wrong committed against them.  This has to be the first step of admittance. The next step is repatriation. It is not logical for all African in the diaspora to return to Africa either. Repatriation must be first for Africans to return to themselves. Get back their true identity and dignity. The next step is for Africans to control their own destiny. So it is imperative for Africans to return Africa to the one great place it was. This is not an easy task. Yet as I have said over and over if ones sacrifice babylon within themselves firstly the battle is half won.

[bgcolor=Green] Rastafari  [/bgcolor]
[bgcolor=Yellow] Haile Selassie I  [/bgcolor]
[bgcolor=Red] Fiyah  [/bgcolor]

Seen.

This is a good thread, bredren

One love

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2005, 02:46:56 AM »

Ok FiyahBun, I don't remember how you put it exactly, but ther was a post where you talked about non-Africans learn about rasta within an African cultural perspective.
(I hope I haven't mangled this to badly)
I agree with this. That's part of why I start looking for books and asked some of the questions I did. Coming from an Anglo background I have a lot to learn.
We have some educated folks here who have been a big help.
I guess a trip to Africa for me would be more educational than anything else.
To really see where all these things I've learned come from.

Reparations made more sense in your words than in mine thank you for the help

Jah bless

One love
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

newrasta

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2005, 03:10:03 AM »

Greetings!

The priority of all RasTafarI is to spread Jah message. The role of non-Africans is the same as Africans, to spread Jah message, help the environment, love all. But then comes repartiation, Caucasions aren't as closely linked to Africa as the Blacks, so therefore isn't a big part of their journey. Although I feel all RasTafarI should repartiate and help Africa in whatever way they can, but before that happens ALL RasTafarI should help where they are currently. Help where you live then help where you came from, because where EVERYONE came from is held down the most by babylon and must be liberated and united!

One

Ras Evan

Speed

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 04:10:11 PM »

I an I think it is the duty of the tan man to spread the word of Jah and make Babylon a more peacable place if thats possible. White rastas have a moral obligation to H.I.M to pay respect to de black bredren who have struggled for generations for rights that we were born with. I an I cyan say what its likee for de black bredren, but for I it's learning someting none of mi ancestors knew: how to be humble.  jah bless

What do you mean by the 'tanned' man? Hispanic, Asian, Mediterannean, Bi racial?

Lets not forget who first took over most of the carribean, raped and pillaged the Arawaks and slaughtered the South Americans and played a nice little part in slavery... The spanish.  It wasn't just the 'white' man but the 'Western Europeans', scary huh?  You look at the majority of the world that has been 'westernised', the majority have probably been invaded by the Western Europeans at some point and this is how 'westernisation' came about.  To me 'westernisation' is a friendly word for 'coloniaism'...

thelastwinnum

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2005, 03:23:06 AM »

InI call non European whites de tan mans. Its good to know dat your accendants weren't slave owners. [smiley=undecided.gif]

alex

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2005, 08:01:53 AM »

hey i'm white and I know as a fact that my ancestors were urkrainian peasents, not slave drivers

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2005, 09:38:34 AM »

Firstly many thanks to FiyahBun. I think in some ways you answer a lot of the questions that i have regarding "non Africans". I am mainly of Greek descent but know little of my own history.
Although here in my country we are a fairly "new" country in the greater scheme of things, this land was also colonised by the "white man". I don't know everything there is to know bout NZ but i do no that the Maori people were traded guns (muscats) and blankets in exchange for their land.
In recent times there has been a push from the people for return of this land. A treaty was signed at the time namely the Treaty of Waitangi in which the Maori people who had little to no understanding of the white mans language or ways agreed to the trade. There are many "white" people here who support the return of the land but there are probably more who think it's wrong and don't give a s**t if the "black" man wasn't able to understand.
So in this respect (and i may be wrong as to the struggle) it is my belief that the role of the "white" person is to educate and show people (who don't seem to care or have any understanding) the wrongs that have been done and how they can help to correct these wrongs.
But then maybe my reasoning is not correct on this???  [smiley=huh.gif]

Speed

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »

InI call non European whites de tan mans.[smiley=undecided.gif]

Seen

New Zeland got don't by the Brits too  [smiley=undecided.gif]

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2005, 10:45:29 AM »

Yeh. Captain James Cook (i think).
Something i do recall was that the missionaries came here to teach and the children were forbiddin to speak their own language, they were beaten for doing that and so the language was almost lost. They could only speak their language in the safety of their homes. It is making a big come back now. It is taught in all pre schools (public) and schools (public).

Kia Kaha

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2005, 07:25:07 PM »

anyone can live in africa if he wants, africans nah own africa they have no right to tell white people nah to go there.. but InI believe that people should be where they belong cuz although whites can live in africa if they want they are nah build for it.. they are nah protected from the sun, nah build for the heat, entire climate and it can be dangerous for them, so InI believe that they have the right to be there, but in InI also believe that each should be where he is build to be..
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.