Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement  (Read 29645 times)

moses

• Senior User
  • Blessed The Most I, Forever Loving Jah RastafarI
Re: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2006, 09:53:05 PM »

Karibu (SW, Welcome) EveryLove... [smiley=cheesy.gif]
We are One People, on top of All  [smiley=cool.gif]
Bless Up
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love + If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love = I am nothing. 1 Corinth 13

rasrossi

« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2006, 06:48:12 PM »

Rastafaria is not just Africa and not just about Africa,u see Bob took the work of the most high Jah moving round the world from nation to nation spreading the good news of Jah to I people and he did it with his Music so Rastafaria is not just about Physical repatriation back to Africa rather it is spiritual and mental repatriation,it also has to do with cultural repatriation.A non African descendant who feels that he is wothry to be a Tafarian is a Rastafarian for sure.

Rastafariasm is not just about been BLACK and Africa besides all black men are not Rastas so a non direct African descendant has a role to play in Rastafaria.

rasmoses

• Regular User
  • RasMoses
« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2011, 04:06:42 AM »

I and I think the role of "non African" Rastas is too work to Inite all races in Rastafari.

To all white Rastas: chant down racism if the I sights it! And do not cause it!

Nazarite I

• Senior User
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2011, 04:48:12 AM »

Well if the I wants to bring forward a Reasoning from more than four years ago...

This is something that Iman have been thinking about a lot recently. I have seen many European Rastas, on this site and elsewhere, who fall into the trap of 'afropeanism' if you will. I have heard a European man say to I that he feels entitled to land in Africa and that he wants to 'repatriate' there. Now to I that is straight up folly. A man of European heritage has no right to any land in Africa in I sight, let alone to call that Repatriation. I and I know that all nations came out of Africa but that is long in the past. I and I as RastafarI people sight an African consciousness that goes back to Iration, no matter the colour, but let I and I who are not of African heritage not forget Iration and InIstory as well as the current state of affairs.

When it comes to the role that I and I non-African Rastas play in the movement, Iman am firm in I faith that overall, I and I goal is the same as I and I African Idren in that I and I are fighting for the healing of the world of the damage done by babylon. I and I ultimate goal in this is through international Repatriation and Reparations. By Repatriation, Iman am speaking of the return of Africa to the Africans, America to the Native Americans and so forth as well as true justice through Reparations, not the false justice given through the simple switching of chains I and I see babylon pull in this time. Through the achieving of this goal, I and I will set the foundation for the healing of the world.
Of course, not all RastafarI people are well placed to directly contribute to that ideal goal but arguably I and I as a movement are not yet ready for that. What Iman think I and I goals should be at this time is to build upon the foundations set by I and I Elders. Let I and I break down the barriers of babylon and set the foundations for the next generation of Rasta youth to continue building and breaking down barriers. How that manifests will obviously vary throughout the world. Wherever RastafarI people find I and Iselves, the local issues and such things will be different but I and I must forward in Righteousness. If the I is of Native American heritage, raise consciousness of the issues facing the I's people and how that affects the world and the state of things. If the I is of Australian Aboriginal heritage, do the same. The same goes for Africans, Chinese, every man who is one of Jah people.
To speak specifically for I people though as a European, in case I and I European Rasta Idren (and in that I include European Americans, Canadians, Australians, whatever) have not noticed (and from this 'afropean' thing, I suspect many haven't) I and I are living in the very heart of babylon, where the seats of power lie and the world is ruled. Let I and I not try to run to some utopian dream of Africa that is half reminiscent of those slavemasters among I and I ancestors who did the damage in the first place and carry on making things worse as I and I supposed leaders. Instead, let I and I do what needs to be done and bring that revolution of the mind and soul that needs to happen for the people of the world (including I and I) to be free. Let I and I be the conscience that reminds Europe of its past and present sins and ushers I and I people into consciousness. Iman am under no illusions that I and I face a mammoth task but any man who came into I and I Livity looking for an easy ride has no place in I and I Livity.

Blessed love.

rasmoses

• Regular User
  • RasMoses
« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2011, 02:10:09 AM »

Yes I,
It was an accident that I accessed this reasoning. But as this issue is still relevant, and being discussed more and more by I and I African bredren, I figure maybe it was meant to be. It is not I and I goal to "repatriate" to Africa, maybe visit there, but not settle there. Sometimes I and I get discouraged, tired of Babylon, and think "oh, just fuck it. I'm going to Africa." That is a lazy thinking pattern. Bluntly, Africans are growing somewhat tired of I and I, this does not vex I, does not shake I faith, just helps I to stand firm that Africa is not for I. I and I seek a more spiritual approach to visiting Africa, by working on I livity, trying to surpass Babylon customs for a more righteous approach, not an "African" approach.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE AFRICA AND ITS CULTURE. I don't know a lot, but I and I enjoy learning.

By means of revolution, what does the I think would fix the Babylonian sickness, which I and I am no stranger of.

Ras Moses

Nazarite I

• Senior User
« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2011, 04:26:06 AM »

I don't think it can be fixed. When I look at the task of 'fixing' it, I see a futile task. The system is too big and the people too set in their ways for I and I as a movement to practically do anything about it directly at this time.

What I and I must do in I opinion is to continue to separate out of that system through the Livity and through non-participation in those systems while raising consciousness of the evils of the whole thing. If I and I do not see the falling of the whole thing in I and I lifetimes then it will be for I and I children and grandchildren and so on to continue with that. I and I should apply I and I selves to works that further the goals of the RastafarI movement as a whole and be sure to set a good example to the youths and any others who might be looking to I and I. Of course all that is difficult to figure out. Arguably, to apply I and Iselves to good works, I and I have to participate in some way in these systems because that is how this western world is built. For example, I personally want to become a teacher to pass I knowledge on to the next generations, but to do that I have to become part of the babylon system of miseducation. Ideally I would want to teach independently of any babylonian system but a man cannot live in this western world without participating in the babylon system in some way. Even the taxes I and I have to pay on food and clothing and everything else that needs to be bought in babylon goes to the governments who I am painfully aware then spend that money on some horrible things. This I and I can try to minimise through things such as learning skills such as growing food or making some of I and I own clothing but I and I face a reality of being trapped for now in participation in that system. All I and I can really do without the money and power that would be needed to change the system, is try to separate I and Iselves from it and take stands against it.
That can manifest in many ways. Iman personally am starting to grow some of I own food and for a long time now I have taken an anti-consumerist approach to things so that the money I contribute to that system is minimized.
At the same time, I think that perhaps that I and I can learn lessons from I and I African Idren of the RastafarI movement in Jamaica in the 1950s, 60s and 70s through active vocalization and participation in actions of defiance against the systems that are in place. RastafarI people must always be social critics of the babylonian system and it seems to I that in the west, I and I have forgotten that to some extent. There is still that element left in the music maybe but through other mediums, I don't see RastafarI people speaking out really. That needs to change. The same goes I think for acts of defiance. As I and I have seen recently in Africa with Egypt and Tunisia and Libya, the voice and actions of large groups of people can be a powerful force when it is applied right. And when (and it will be when, not if) such things arise in the west, I and I must make sure that I and I are there among the people, setting an example by chanting down babylon. Of course that may well bring I and I into direct confrontation with babylon, but I and I have been taking that position for a long time in secret. I am quite surprised in fact that I don't see RastafarI people participating in more demonstrations against babylonian systems and actions. I know that arguably without the numbers I and I see in Libya and Egypt, they won't change much in the west, but I think there is strong symbolic power in actions of defiance. If there wasn't, babylon wouldn't fight so hard against them. I went to some of the student demonstrations I and I had here in England at the end of 2010, including the big one in London in Parliament square where the police trapped thousands of us in the square  for hours and beat people for no reason before turning the media on students and slandering them in the press. That shows I how scared they are of it. They have to beat and slander their opponents to protect their position. With the way things are going at the moment, I can see it is only a matter of time before more of these spring up. Students are quiet for now, maybe scared by the police brutality or disheartened because the demonstrations didn't stop what they were against but it is only a matter  of time before the government provokes trade unions and other organisations that will rebel against them and when that happens, I know I will be there in the streets with them chanting down the riot police.

All of this though I think rests on something that many of I and I forget, and that is what Selassie I HIMself told I and I when he visited the Idren in Jamaica in 1966. Organise and centralise he told I and I. I don't see that going on in the west at this time and without that, I and I will not have the ability to wield the power I and I could.

Blessed love.

rasmoses

• Regular User
  • RasMoses
« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2011, 02:56:53 AM »

Yes I,
As Mr. Marley said "Unite for the benefit of my children".
Separate ourselves from others that will infiltrate the Rastafari people. Homosexuality, Fake Rastafari, The Roman Church; all things that I man have seen try and destroy Rastafari.
Homosexuality: Buju Banton's case is a prime example of how the homosexuals want to destroy Rastafari. I believe they had a large part in Mr. Banton's incarceration, as well as the rest of Babylon that wants to fight against dreadlocks. Furthermore, this act is simply an abomination to Jah; Rastafari should not mix up with these people.
Fake Rastafari: Self-explanatory. Wolves coming to spread the false Word of Rastafari and feed Babylon's pop culture industry what it craves: to distract people from the Truth. Why Rastafari are dealing with true world issues, Fake "Rastafari" are dealing with which Bob Marley track can be downloaded for free. Not saying I and I am truly doing anything spectacular as far as Jah works goes, but I am atleast becoming more involved in world issues than that of I fake brothers. Fake Rastafari are just like the news here in America: distracting people from what the truth really entails. On the news here in the States, instead of talking about whats relevant in the world, there talking about Charlie Sheen's drug problem.
Roman Church: The root of evil in Babylon, possibly even (not literally speaking) the Headquarters. The rest? Too fucking fired up to explain. Also, too obvious. (Excuse I words, Selassie I Jah Rastafari)

Let I and I people liberate the hurting nations, as Selassie I instructed.
In the words of the prophet Marcus Mossiah Garvey,
"Up you mighty race, accomplish what you will".
"Look for me in the whirlwind or the storm". Catch I and I the action. Get up, stand up, let us not be lazy, seen.

This may seem like a rant, but it is just I views. Not much knowledge, just a simple observation. More like a philosophy.

Always standing firm,
Ras Moses

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.