Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement  (Read 29650 times)

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2005, 02:46:08 AM »

Whoever Brought Me Here, Will Have To Take Me Home - - -Rumi

SmG

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2005, 08:38:29 AM »

Raspect all!

"Even though I am white, I feel that my soul is black, and that Africa is my home."

Sorry SMG - I not sure I understand your point. How can your soul be black, when a soul has no race? In my view, your soul is you and everything about you - but how can it be black or white? How can you claim "blackness?"

Also, how do you reason that Africa is your home?

Just some thoughts,
OneLove

Sorry, bredren, I meant that I feel that I should be born black, because I feel black. You are right the Soul has no colour. Jah sees not the colour of your skin, Jah sees the colour of your soul, and the soul has no colour, so Jah shows his love to every man that has found the rightous path.

Peace

joeyb

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2005, 09:32:29 PM »

Thanks SMG - I understand your point, but I don't agree. I'd love to hear some good reasoning on it though - I am interested.

How do you reason that you should have been born black because you "feel" black? Surely, if Jah wanted you to be black - you would have been. But if you are white, Hispanic, Oriental etc. - that is your destiny. You must live like the man you are and not the man you want to be. This does not mean, if you are white, that you must embrace Babylon: of course you musn't. But as is quoted: "a spade is a spade."

This is not to say Jah don't love you - or even that you don't fit with His movement: but it is tenious to call yourself a "should-be black."
Any reasoning on this I-dren?

OneLove and raspect

thelastwinnum

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2005, 10:07:09 PM »

how can one be " black on the inside"?  the color of your skin has nothing to do with whats on the inside, and it shouldn't have anything to do with anything as we have established on this site many times over. caring so much about labels is verging on vanity. just be yourself.

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2005, 11:26:27 PM »

how can one be " black on the inside"?  the color of your skin has nothing to do with whats on the inside, and it shouldn't have anything to do with anything as we have established on this site many times over. caring so much about labels is verging on vanity. just be yourself.

E.M.HTP!!!

Well what on the inside is no color than the laws of everything be connected has to be untrue! You can't throw universal laws and when you do you are making no sense. Your outside reflexs what inside! Blackheart man anyone!?! The empress spoke and you can't feel this way! You're just fooling yourself!!! Everything connects! Because if a european feels that their African than African should be able to feel european!! But I personally never felt this! And have never wanted to! So some fanasties must fell to come true! NUK PU don't feel to be or wish to have a white soul or whatever. It sound sillier when an African says it than a european said it! LOL!

HRU
I DON'T COME TO BOW I COME TO CONQUER!!

haftrini

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2005, 01:50:41 AM »

The role of the Non Afrakan is to ACCEPT WHAT HE/SHE IS NOT and find out the REAL ACCURATE purpose you are to serve as an outsider to the Story of Black SKin!

I am not speakin to hurt others but I have to call a spade a spade.

If those aren't racist statements I don't know what is. Funny how a racist sounds the same no matter what race they belong to. I remember white people telling me the exact same thing.

thelastwinnum

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2005, 01:50:53 AM »

E.M.HTP!!!

Well what on the inside is no color than the laws of everything be connected has to be untrue!

HRU

unseen..what do you mean ?

haftrini

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2005, 02:02:10 AM »

I remember white people telling me the exact same thing.

Pardon me.....I meant to say I remember Anglo-Americans telling me the same thing. Sorry bout that.

thelastwinnum

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2005, 02:28:37 AM »

If we can't see past color than there will never be a rasta world, only a rasta movement. And quite honestly, there is already enough race based discrimination in this world. If a non-black wants to follow the rasta lifestyle, and pursue a peaceful life in which ALL men and women are considered equal in their eyes, and call themselves Rasta, THEN WHY WOULD YOU DENY THEM THIS? This is the one place I feel i can be considered equal, and it kinda sucks when the non-white people say I'm any less than them just because of my skin.Jah made one color in the beggining, and it is by ignoring the will of Him that we have come to be so many fragmented parts of this original whole. So why would you embrace the result of our mistakes? There will ALWAYS be many different races on this Earth. If you want to create a world where there is no war and no hunger and no poverty and no injustice then we must overcome our differences and see only one race, the HUMAN RACE. I beg you to forgive me from whatever my race has done to you that is so horrible that it would keep you from wanting to share this world with me, and please see me as an equal. Cause all I want to be is equal.

haftrini

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2005, 02:48:00 AM »

If we can't see past color than there will never be a rasta world, only a rasta movement.

Refreshing to hear!!  [smiley=grin.gif]

One love!

EmpressGong

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2005, 04:02:34 AM »

Fire Burn you out "haftrini." Half huh?

I see that you dont even see Half of what I am sayin in this thread if you can sit there on your little throne and call me racist. Listen, I dont deal with petty foolishness hear me? this Empress deal with reality and truth. The day a white man can look at their past and look at their skin and see their own divinity in their own right, something that could match or even be greater (who knows!)than the spiritual consistency that the black man has found for HIMSELF then I can say definitely ALL PRAISES TO JAH RASTAFARI for restoring Jah works to that culture. cuz that is the bigger picture..Bobo Shanti want Africa for Africans and Europe for Europeans..what you think they talkin about here Half?

furthermore you cannot say that a white person and I have previously told you the same thing. wouldnt make sense for a white racists to be pro black would it. [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

To further support my racist views: Non africans are taggin onto something that was BORN on the River Nile could never be as fittin as something they have found inbred in their own past and skin. so i back up my previous "racist statement" that the role of the non-african is to know and accept what you are NOT.

Regardless of what you or anyone think skin colour was put here for good and bad reasons like everythng else under Jah. it divides us and unites us. these are Jah intentions you know? but we also have the power to create our own intentions, so we cause trouble for ourselves as we stray from Jah.but again it is all Jah works. every vine is planted alongside the other. one aim one goal and one destiny. but still each vine have to find its own route to this becuz they are not growin from the same seed(culture and history). a vine that links onto another suffocates the other as it reaches to take all the sunlight (aim goal and destiny) for itself. (do not misinterpret seed as we are not all created equal. becuz we were but we r not equal in spirituality). this is exactly what is goin on here. Rastafari is the superior vine that shows a good growth path. it is the healing of the nation but whose? do you see it healin the white nation? you may say it doesnt heal the black but I will argue and say that those Blacks who feel the divinity know where to go and know where it is coming from.  Babylon is still workin against Rasta instead of seein the error of its mentality and ways.

I make no apologies for speakin my mind, and for you my dear Half to come and say that I am racist shows that instead of rising to the occasion and showin how I am wrong, you make an empty comment that has shaken me not one bit. Where is the Lion huh? You cannot live in this world and not accept racial division. it is something to be accepted and understand as th way of Creation. everything operates that way. living in a utopian society in your head will never get you anywhere and any Rasta know dat. I beat it militant all the way. fire bun down all illusion!

ps Saadon as u said you are from israel i kinda guessed ur skin colour seen? i nah care! anyways i mainly went on to de person who said dey had a black soul.

WHAT IS A BLACK SOUL ANYWAYS AND HOW DO YOU GET ONE?

EmpressGong...I nah bow! [smiley=laugh.gif]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 04:07:03 AM by EmpressGong »

EmpressGong

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2005, 05:32:31 AM »

Blessed Love

I want to just further say that I Love all Mankind despite our differences and divisions. We are truly divine beings..from the Taoists and Buddhists to the Muslims..to everyone.

It is just the ways of the world that I cannot always get down with like most of us here.And even though the spiritual plane exists above what we do now, we still must seek to unite Zion and the life we live in the present.open the gates now before our bodies become lifeless. that is why unity is important.to teach this fact to everyone, but I believe it will have to be in different ways becuz different cultures do things differently. but no matter what we all have to change our ways now and retain our history at the same time.

Furthermore regardless of skin I take the calling of oneself Rastafari to be a serious ting. sumting that shud not be professed and taken lightly. I myself had to humble seriously to the teachings and the origin of Rasta. It dates back to the Nile..the peoples of Kemet, Ethiopia..the burnt faced ones. This is why I take so strongly to upholding the true  identity of Rastafari.

I am not ever goin to tell someone to not seek the righteous path but I say take heed to knowin the roots of your own vine and understand that you cant run away from yourself or pretend to be something you are not. this is not racist nor unreasonable, it is a simple but harsh truth for all of the human race.like I said many times before, culture is the determining factor of our interactions and even the spiritual path we seek. so you still have to act within what exists now to know where you want to go and how u will do it.

Reflect on what I am really saying here is all I can ask. I will say we are all equal when it is really the truth. I will say know your roots in order to know yourself. becuz what has happened, is happenin now and will continue so the key is to be prepared to rise above the negative, and become one with the positive.we got to take care of our own before we can take care of others. you have to cast away the mote from your own eye before you can do that for another right?

EmpressGong
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 05:35:49 AM by EmpressGong »

haftrini

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2005, 05:32:46 AM »

instead of rising to the occasion and showin how I am wrong, you make an empty comment that has shaken me not one bit

Then as the Catholics say in their mass...

Let us rise!

furthermore you cannot say that a white person and I have previously told you the same thing. wouldnt make sense for a white racists to be pro black would it.

Let me put it in terms you can understand then. You said:

The role of the Non Afrakan is to ACCEPT WHAT HE/SHE IS NOT and find out the REAL ACCURATE purpose you are to serve as an outsider to the Story of Black SKin!

When the Anglo's came after me wit their Anglo superiority nonsense it sounded almost exactly the same, only like this:

"The role of the Non Anglo is to ACCEPT WHAT HE/SHE IS NOT and find out the REAL ACCURATE purpose you are to serve as an outsider to the Story of White SKin!" <----- racist bull*&#@ whether it's worded like this, or worded like this:

How's that? Do you understand what I meant now?

Jus in case, let me explain further. When you talk your racist no-sense about how "white people" should just accept that they're outsiders to the African glory you show yourself to be no different than the Anglo's who say that "black people" are just outsiders to the Anglo glory. I learned that lesson firsthand.

And with all your talk about how you "nah bow" and all that, who cares? Even if you have the actions to back it up, you just have worthless actions to back up worthless words.

After 9/11 it didn't matter that all the Africans around me had suffered so many years and wanted equal rights. They mocked me, made fun of me, said I deserved what I got for being an Arab or a Muslim, or whatever I was to them at the time. Same wit Anglo's. They did the same thing to me.

There's only one problem. I'm not an Arab and I'm not a Muslim. But that didn't make a difference to anyone, "white" or "black". In their eyes I had dark skin, black hair, a full black beard, and I was whatever they made me out to be regardless of the truth. And the same fools who talked the same trash about the same "African" liberation that you do about how all "whites" need to learn their place in the African movement spit on me jus like all the Klan members did.

So once again, in case you missed it, your words are racist! You are no different than any Klan member when you say that one race is superior and another inferior or that one race needs to "learn its place".

I don't need to learn any place wit you. I don't live in a utopia. I live in a reality where people said my "kind" need to be shot dead, where people drove up into my yard in the middle of the night wit guns to harrass me, and where I was fired from my job at gunpoint and forced to sign a paper I wasn't allowed to read by Klansmen who ran the police like trained dogs. And in their mouths were the same racist rhetoric you spouted in your earlier posts.

And no matter how much you don't like to face it, and no matter how much you say that you can speak whatever you want because you're somehow superior, when you say that stuff you're on the same level as those God-forsaken bastards who I told off to their faces despite their guns and stood up to despite the cowardice of all the so-called "rights movement" members that stood around me talking trash about taking out the Klan while not doing a damn thing.

You need to cut your high horse off at the knees so you can see things on the same level as the rest of us.

You no higher and no lower than anyone else on this forum or in this world. Deal wit the truth Ms. Gong and quit hiding behind racist rhetoric that you know can't be true.

FIYAH pun dat!
[smiley=rolleyes.gif]

haftrini

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2005, 05:42:33 AM »

I should probably follow this up by saying that after I was fired from my job, in the heat of all that was going on, the Most High gave me a sign.

Two "black" people, and two "white" people came forward and risked their jobs and their safety and gave my family money to get out of the town we were in and all the support we could ever ask for.

This was three years ago.

I don't need any other sign from the Most High on this. The message was clear.

haftrini

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2005, 05:55:58 AM »

Reflect on what I am really saying here is all I can ask. I will say we are all equal when it is really the truth. I will say know your roots in order to know yourself. becuz what has happened, is happenin now and will continue so the key is to be prepared to rise above the negative, and become one with the positive.we got to take care of our own before we can take care of others. you have to cast away the mote from your own eye before you can do that for another right?

This is way more reasonable than what you said before! Why not jus put it like that to begin wit? That's a quote that finally makes sense.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.