Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Author Topic: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement  (Read 29649 times)

EmpressGong

Re: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2005, 06:00:03 AM »

And he says that I am a racist..wow trini you really lost yuh cool there on me with that one. I am sorry to hear bout what dem people do. dont seem like you should be takin that out on me though. Im young but I am quite aware of how it goes. DOnt yah just love that word nigger? Apparently in Canada it was my nickname and determined just what i could and cudnt do while i was living there...even something as simple as takin a cab.but true my blues aint like yours for sure..yours was much more mirky.sorrry for that past.

I tryin to figure out what you sayin, you know bredren. am I right to assume that what u tellin me, is that 2 wrongs dont make a right and by sayin that the rulers of this earth should be perpetually burned doesnt solve anything? ur right but at the same time its still true that there needs to be a burning..and for everyone!

ive never said here that only black people are right. that would be a great lie.also, I am Divine so yea you can call me superior if that is the way u see it.whatever rocks your boat. but u never once see me say Im better than nobody, so please dont bring that one to me. I am not on a high horse just becuz of how I speak. EmpressGong is de name.  you can laugh but I nah bow just like you nah bow to dem people who did this stuff to you.

also I dont need to be on the same level as you to see things your way. again I dont think everyone is equal and that is just the way it is, but again I have never said I am better than anyone, you just assume. but that is ok cuz that doesnt change the fact that I know what I AM.thats between me and Jah.

I dont post here often anymore becuz frankly the "learning" part is at an all time low for me. I am not into personal attacks and back and forth cussin yuh site? so I think I will just leave it here for now. Ive said all I have to say on this topic. It doesnt change how I feel and I wont take back what Ive posted unless the spirit move me in another direction. I am not a fan of speakin out of anger so I will agree to disagree with you on your false opinion of me.

EmpressGong

haftrini

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2005, 06:12:11 AM »

I am not into personal attacks and back and forth cussin yuh site? so I think I will just leave it here for now. Ive said all I have to say on this topic.

Cool.

And jus for the record, I wan't taking out my own experience on you, but I have no better example of what I think of the way your words sounded than my own personal experience. My cussin was not directed against you personally, so I apologize if that's how it come across, I jus say how I feel about the words witout any false pretense. And I happen to like the way you think, jus not how you chose to express it earlier.

Peace

EmpressGong

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2005, 06:14:11 AM »

Bless Up

haftrini I am glad to see that you could agree with somethng I said. I wish that before you didnt just pick out the parts you hated and let it cloud everything else "potentiall good" i said in your eyes. I am aware that how I type may seem mean or even condescending..I speak it the way I feel it site?so it depends on the pre-feelings of the reader how they react to what I say.
that quote you selected was said different but the message was not unlike anything else I said. it really wasnt. it was just a summary of my stance on things. I dont want de arguement, and I see where you coming from. i honestly, really can site what you have said and we arent on the same level. see it can work out?

EmpressGong

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2005, 06:20:45 AM »

greetings haftrini, we all white now bro! thank Jah for Rastafari, blackmans redemption where love and respect breaks in thru the cracks like grass growing thru concrete, to help us all be free from white supremacy! shit we all got stories, man. say, i was talking to this Lakota brother and he say to me back before tha europeon came you could watch the bison go by from sun up to sun down, there was millions-- tha buffalo nation. well the invaders massacred many indigenous people but this lakota bro told me the buffalo took the first hit, they were almost wiped out-- buffalo is sacred, man. haftrini i learned many moons ago the blackman is not my enemy. the predator is here bro, we must emancipate ourselves, que no? empressgong needs to be read over and over imo. ain't nobuddy here saying we not equal, imo. to me it's all about respect, respect the black african. those who chose rasta please remember who it come from and be humble enough to listen. juss how i see's it.
Whoever Brought Me Here, Will Have To Take Me Home - - -Rumi

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2005, 10:41:18 AM »

ps Saadon as u said you are from israel i kinda guessed ur skin colour seen? i nah care! anyways i mainly went on to de person who said dey had a black soul.

Seen sistren, InI wasnt offended but it looked like you made some assumption bout InI so InI corrected you.. and just so you know Israel isnt mostly white people, we have here people of all colors from the most white to the most black, becuase Israel is composed of pilgrimages from all over the world.
me it's all about respect, respect the black african. those who chose rasta please remember who it come from and be humble enough to listen. juss how i see's it.

Seen Idren, exactly how InI feel, but InI still think that everyone has the right to live in Africa if he wants.
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

EmpressGong

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2005, 11:58:31 PM »

Bless

Saadon..this is a dead issue right but I just want to clarify still cuz I tink u misunderstood me..when I said I guessed your skin colour I meant that I figured you had tanned ie not pale skin..some shade of colour. I dont want to say black but Im sure you get my point now right?

EmpressGong

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2005, 12:39:32 AM »

I dont want to say black but Im sure you get my point now right

to be honest not really.. now you got InI confused.
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

ArkI

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2005, 06:12:33 AM »

Some people learn some of the ways of RasTafarI and learn the things that RasTafarI Idren and Sistren say, but they look past the reasons for the ways and the reasons for what is said.

RasTafarI people don't speak of Repatriation for Africans to Africa because they decided to pick Africa out of all the places of the world because Africa is some special place that people must go to.

RasTafarI people speak of Repatriation of Africans to Africa because Africa is the home of Africans. I and I are speaking for the Ones that were taken away from Africa and used as Slaves in the West.  I and I are speaking of returning a people to the Home they were taken from.

The role of all RasTafarI people(of all colour) is to Live by the example of Jah RasTafarI.  I and I are also the Ones sent to Chant and Rise in the Spiritual heights and perform the works of the seals opened by RasTafarI. I and I are also the Ones who speak and chant for Repatriation of Africans to Africa.  I and I also speak and chant in support of all the downpressed in the world and speak and chant against all the downpressors.  One example is that I and I don't speak about the First Nations(Indian) people being Repatriated to Africa. I and I speak and chant for the First Nations people to have the control of their land (North America) returned to them.

The example that Fiyahbun said about people setting up a tent on your property is a good example.  How many of the people on this forum who own property would allow this "because the person setting up the tent has a right to live anywhere"?  And some of the people who don't own property but live on their parent's property may not be able to give an honest answer to this question because some people are more generous about things that belong to others (ie. parents).  But their sound changes when they are the ones that worked 5 or more days a week to pay for the property.

And to put it in perspective, the original people of a country have worked for centuries to take care of their country.

Here is a little something Selassie I spoke about respecting frontiers.

------------------------------------------
Accept Frontiers

At Addis Ababa enough was said to demonstrate beyond doubt that Africans are virtually unanimous in their agreement that only by acceptance of the frontiers bequeathed to them by the colonialists can permanent peace reign on our continent. The principle of respect for the territorial integrity of states is repeated in the OAU's Charter no less than three times, and it is only for us to observe it as scrupulously as it deserves. Ethiopia supports this view, although she herself suffered no less than others from the depredations of the imperialists.

We must, however, go still further. The Charter has accurately and adequately defined the principles to which we have pledged our adherence. Africans, however, like all other peoples possess not only virtues but weaknesses and it is perhaps inevitable that differences will arise among us from time to time. Just as Africa, as a single entity, and the several African states individually toil for the peaceful settlement of disputes among states, so must we ensure that disputes in Africa are settled peacefully. If our continent is not free of internecine strife, how can we hope to influence others whose disputes endanger the peace of the world?

In like manner, the Charter's signatories have declared their adherence to the complementary principle of non-interference in the internal affairs of other states and this principle, too, must be rigidly observed if conflict between Africans are to be avoided. It is all too often under the guise of territorial disputes and through the medium of subversive activity directed against legitimate governments that the foreign influences which we seek to bar from our continent endeavour to exert their power and establish for themselves a foothold from which to expand their activities. We must guard against the insidious substitution of one form of dominance and rule for another; we must be vigilant to inhibit the growth of what is called neo-colonialism.

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/selassie-words/show-jah-word.asp?word_id=oau_cairo
------------------------------------------

When Selassie I said, "the foreign influences which we seek to bar from our continent"  He wasn't speaking about not allowing any foreigners into the country, his example of working with people of other countries and accepting foreigners into Ethiopia shows this.  But he was speaking against foreigners influencing the movements of Ethiopia in ways not permitted by Ethiopia.  Selassie I had immigration laws and He never allowed anybody to become an Ethiopian citizen just because they wanted to. They had to be given permission.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 06:33:08 AM by ArkI »

Speed

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2005, 02:20:43 PM »

Let I say that there is only one form of racism that exist. It is White Supremacy

This is untrue.  If you are going to say all other forms of racism is reactionary then all forms must be reactionary to begin with...

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2005, 03:30:09 PM »

I think most misunderstand the difference between racism and prejudice. Anyone of any race can be prejudiced. That is simply choosing to pre-judge another based on assumptions. Racism is institutionalized prejudice, or acting with regard to prejudice. In order for racism to exist, it must be enacted. Racism is a structural order put into place by a group in power. So ones cannot be racist if they do not hold the needed power.

If I as an African decide that Africans are superior to Europeans, then I have a prejudice against Europeans. However, if I do not have any power, then this is simply a prejudice. For I can do nothing to manipulate the fate of Europeans, seen? It is the White Supremacy power structure that exists in the world today that acts as a group, and their actions negatively affect or disregards others, and the basis for these acts have to do with race.

But those affected by this racism are simply reacting to such imposition. That is not racism. That is reacting to it. So it is up to the affected to find productive ways to react that are not misconstrued as racism or reverse racism. But I think it is clear and true that the only real racism in existence today is White Supremacy, for this is current power structure which is imposing its will on other groups.

Be blessed.

Speed

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2005, 03:30:23 PM »

I don't think you can say White Supremacy is the only type of racism.  When I spent time in Spain I found out alot of Spanish are racist towards the Morrocans who move to Spain.  In Cyprus some Greek Cypriots are racist towards the Turkish Cypriots and vice versa.  In Taiwan alot of the Chineese are racist towards the Taiwanese.  It is all reactionary and then the hatred is channelled through focusing on the thing that is different between the two parties...

Respect...

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2005, 11:01:37 PM »

The system and the individual. Athough the individual can choose to be part of the system, not all do.
The white supremist system is populated by white people who choose to be a part of this evil system, but not all do.
We shouldn't confuse the system with the individual.
The white supremist system is competely evil and needs to be fought against in every way possibly.
When a white person makes the choice not to be part of that system it is the first step in the fight against it.
As a non-African person who chooses NOT to be a part of this system my part here is to try to get others to see that the injustices perpetrated in this system MUST end. The right choice for me is to fight the system always and everywhere it exists.
For me at least this fight is on a grass roots level. I deal with individuals.
Even though my fight is here, I must stress. This is NOT my place. It is not my home.
No one's place is determined by the color of their skin.
It is determined by the choices they make, by what is in their heart, and by the people who they love and who love them.
The people who are my family are all from the carribean. They are all of African decent. I am not and would not claim to be. My skin is as pale as can be. But this did not stop them from loving me just the same. They have made me a member of their family, with all the usual rights and responsiblities. In their eyes I am no different than they. My place is with them. If they choose to stay here my place is here also. If they chose to go to Africa, I also would go. Wherever they are so will I be.
I realize some people here do not like non-Africans to speak in patois and I chose to speak in my native language so as not to offend.
But don't think for a minute I don't ever speak patois. My family always speaks this around me and I have learned much from them. Even out in the world I find this becoming a regular part of my speach. I'm exposed to it so much now that I don't even realize I'm doing it. When I speak this way outside the family the reaction is amusing. My family loves the fact that I want to learn and has no problem with this.
They encourage me. Reality is it makes it easier for all of us to comunicate.
For now I am still more proficient with english than with patois, but as my skill improves don't be surprised if I fling a little your way.
This thread has been very thought provocing and encouraging.
Empress Carla's post and all of Fiyahbun's posts have totally clarified this subject for me. And of course Ark I is wise as always.
Not to ignore the rest. All have made this what I concider one of our best threads.

Jah bless

One love
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

RasViKing

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2005, 01:12:35 AM »

Someone even rudely said that we from the Caribbean are not direct descendents of AFraka becuz we rnt born of parents who are native to the Mamaland. As a Rasta with BLACK SKIN I take this as a personal INSULT cuz once yuh skin black yuh is AFRAKAN.

Itinual Love and Blessings EmpressGong

I meant no disrespect or hatred to you or any of Caribbean family. My only point there was that if you are saying that because u left Afraka after i did that that makes u a direct descendant and i not is bull. InI are all from one creator. Alla-We. An we must kill down this no-tion of race as there is only the human race. InI are of many tribes and towns, but there is only one race. And to decide to ism and schism it by skin tone is Babalonian. None o we own Afraka, only some o we have possetion of it at present. It is for Alla We to do everything we can to help whoever, where-ever, when-ever we can and stop classifying as to who left first or last.

One has to overstand that never before has there been a system enacted upon the earth by a group of people that controls media, religion, politics on and on... to institute a global ideology based strictly on judging peoples based upon the color of their skin.

That's not true. There may never have been one as 'suck-sessful' as the White Supremacy/Racism has been, but almost all systems of putting one person, or a group, in power over others has used similar ways.Think of the caste system of India and other countries. Long ago most people were not aware of people outside their area whether it be tribal area, country or neighbors. The rulers ruled in a 'global' frame of mind even if they couldn't actually. Technology has been the 'friend' to the current system in that it has allowed people to spread further around the world and aflict it to a greater degree.

In these present days i don't think that the system is about 'race' or ethnicity any longer. It's all about power and money. It may yet be difficult for someone other than a 'white' person to gain either of these things but it is increasingly difficult for anyone who isn't a part of a lineage of power and/or $$ to obtain it. While the system was set up by whites it has taken on a power of it's own in these last days.

Blessings, Overstanding and Love to all JAH Children
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 01:30:42 AM by RasViKing »

Valerie

« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2005, 07:03:38 AM »

Greetings to all,

I have read this interesting thread but I was a bit striken by some answers.

First of all, I think it is important to make some distinctions:

African origins and African culture are two SEPARATE things:
A

Valerie

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2005, 08:09:33 AM »

Sorry I have sent my previous post before finishing it.

African origins is the birthplace of mankind and all can justly claim their roots there.
Yet, African culture is the direct experience and consciousness of a distinct group of people: BLACK people. And Non-Africans CANNOT claim anything there.
Culture is the collective experience that shapes the identity of people.
Rastafari Culture is from the Caribbean but it is AFROCENTRIST. It shapes the 'identity' of the great-grandchildren of Neg' MAROONS, of the great-grandchildren of SURVIVORS. Yeah Man! Rastafari Culture = BLACK RESISTANCE.
One cannot come into a BLACK MOVEMENT and ignore this distinction.
It is our duty as Black people to fight for reparations and to make repatriation (for those who want) possible. I fail to see the role of Non Africans in this fight.
There is a difference between admiring the tenets of culture that is not yours and 'participating'.

So, when some of you say we can all return to Africa for Africa is the birthplace of humanity, I call it 'Non-sense'!
But yes, everybody has the right to settle where he/she wants for the Earth is for everybody. But do not call that 'repatriation'.

And, as far as I am concerned there is a BIG difference between 'identity' and 'identification'. But I don't have time to express my point of you on that, although it would be interesting and appropriate to emphasize this distinction.

I have noticed that Non Africans love speaking about Haile Selassie and His speeches, but few of Non Africans love speaking about the AFROCENTRIST tone of Rastafari or the History of the Movement. How funny it is!

I wish I could write more about this thread, but I don't have time.

Hope my English is overstandable.
Paix et Amour. Valérie.  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.