Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement  (Read 32760 times)

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
Re: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2005, 03:27:23 PM »

ital, all throughout this thread, the discussion has been about white supremacy, not ALL white people being evil. So no one is blaming any individuals. Are you just reiterating that fact?

dont  worry  too  much  about  white  racist  power  noting  last  forever  jah  will  take  care  of  them.  one  love  RASTAFARI

While it is true nothing lasts forever, are you saying ones should do nothing? Ignore the problem?

Be blessed.

Valerie

« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2005, 03:50:41 PM »

Greetings,

Ital, first of all, I think that nobody blame Non-Africans from what have been done in the past. You have maybe misoverstood what have been said in some posts, becoz' I don't think it was about blaming white people. Not at all. It is not becoz' we put on the table the past in relation with the roots of Rasta that we are blaming European people. Why do you pretend to be a victim? I don't overstand your statement?

And, you said:

the  rasta  movement  is  about  equal  rights  and  justice  for  all  not  just  some,  and  you  dont  have  to  be  from  africa  to  take  part  in  the  fight  for  what  is  right,

Yes, you are partially right. Yet, DON'T forget that the Rasta Movement recounts the plight of a specific people: African descent people and concerning reparation and repatriation, I repeat you have to be of African descent to claim it. Once again, what makes you think that Non-Africans have a claim concerning reparations/repatriation? They can be for justice. Ok. But the question is do they have a claim here?

I am talking about justice for African descendent Rastas(reparations/repatriations) since the thread raises this question.
We are not egocentric and we do know that Rasta is for justice for all, beginning with justice for African descendents people.
And yes, you don't have to be from Africa to fight for justice, of course. Nobody said the contrary.

You said:

dont  worry  too  much  about  white  racist  power  noting  last  forever  jah  will  take  care  of  them.

We have to worry about white racist power of course since Rasta is about fighting for justice, thus against white supremacy. Nothing las forever yes in condition that we fight against it. We cannot sit around, do nothing and say 'don't worry it won't last forever'. We have to make sure that we make our best to fight against it to make justice possible.

Paix et Amour. Valérie.

Jahman

« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2005, 04:51:05 PM »

Do you know what a African is or isn't? African is everyone.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2005, 09:05:33 PM »

Do you know what a African is or isn't? African is everyone.

My brother. I will not smite you because you're so new to this forum, but please, please, read back on a topic before you post.

Black Africans were raped and robbed from their very own land by Eurocentric slave drivers and scattered all over the world. This happen so severely that holy Africa is *still* in unrest and people of these roots are STILL not getting equal oppurtunity and justice.

Unless this applies to you directly, take a step back and put things in correct historical perspective. It is vital to a true overstanding of where you are coming from.

One love
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 09:08:22 PM by Positive_Vibration »

Speed

« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2005, 01:42:55 AM »

give me the evidence that Rastafari Livity has something -even an inklin- to do with non-Afrakans

This suprises me...  Livity is the best way to praise Jah and if everyone abided by Ital Livity think of how much of a better place the world be.  Rasta Livity is living right, why would that only be for africans???

Gong you normally make such balanced threads but I feel you got a bit carried away.  Why can't non africans chant Rastafari? If HIM is Jah in the flesh then surely everyone should be chanting Jah Rastafari at the top of their voices

The problem with many institutionalised churches is that they get left in the dark ages and never really catch up with the times.  Would it make sense to still say Rasta = Repriatrition after all that has happened?  Gong, is your life unliveable in your current location, is it that unbearable that your sole wish is to return to Africa?  You can't say that repriatrition determines if someone is able to chant Rastafari (making it of such high importance) when alot of African Rastas don't wish to go back

I say Rasta is for all, if African Rastas want to go home then so be it.  I don't think non african Rastas should emmigrate, it doesn't make sense because Rasta is ROOTS & CULTURE.  Know where your from then you will know where you are going...

Rastafari helped free the souls of many a downtrodden people.  Why should this be restricted to one type of person? Just like why should all the wealth go to one type of person?

I don't think it is neccesarily about taking a step back, we should all be striving directly foward.  We should maybe do it at a walking pace instead of a sprinting pace though.  Take your time and learn the history.  If you really want to trod this path then you should automatically do your reading and meditate on it.  You shouldn't want to take someone elses words and blindly follow them.  Your not looking for two sentence replies; your looking for real ANSWERS.  You don't need to be a sheep.  The path for an African Rasta is a different path for the non African Rasta.  But both paths are paths of truth.   We all need to follow our own paths and not be stepping on anyone's toes! We'll get alot further quicker holding hands than sitting pon eachother's shoulders...

EmpressGong

« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2005, 02:28:02 AM »

Bless Up

See the thing is Speed, I dont think you really read what I was saying properly. you jumped the gun based on a sentence that you took out of context.did you ignore the part that said "im not saying yeah or  neigh just testing you" COME ON! You, as a matter of fact have disappointed me by twistin my words. I was tryin to slip in a little extra convo. In fact, some of the words in Dread-talk have Hindu influence as Jamaica is a very multicultural society.Fiyah Bun knows better than me so I would ask him to enlighten us.

I was never saying that Non-Afrakans should not embrace this livity, becuz this livity is laid -in all places - the Bible for most of the world to partake. And furthermore, the livity that Rastas strive for is in some ways not even as strict as OUR Khamitic ancestors of the Nile Valley! The Ma-atian Afrakans. Many of us same blacks dont realise what our first ancestors lived by. So by all means yea everyone praise the livity and be a part of it..it brings us closer to the healing of the nations.

You asked me if everyone should be chanting Jah Rastafari loudly becuz HIM is Jah in Flesh. Well Creation is Jah, so in my eyes we are all Jah in flesh, We should all be chanting thanks to the Creator for the Divinity of skin and the Spiritual Heights we are able to reach through Oneness. Understand however, Selassie was a liberator for who? Fighting against who? If you can answer this then you will know why it is odd for a white man to praise a black one. That is not what we are fightin for you know.this is not what we want the white man to do. many white rastas think that once they see the divinity of HIM then they should be rightly named a Rasta. But it goes deeper than that. We are talkin about a Black God serving as an example and leader for the Black Man. What I want to know is how does he set you free? What can he do for you or how do you site the importance of your roots and your existence through HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

I never said I want to repatriate to AFraka physically. I have spiritually gone back to my roots already, and my life has taken the full circle from Mama to the Diaspora. Afraka is not ready for repatriation becuz of the bad things goin on there. I love Barbados and dot intend to leave it permanently, It is unrealistic and undesirable for me. But the important thing for me to do is to join in the fight and liberation of Afraka from the global dominators..Same as any other Rasta.

You made an important comment that the trod of Fari for the nonafrakan is different Im not sure you said what that was? Care to enlighten as that is the whole point of this thread. Or is it just equal rights and justice for all?

Anyhow, I honestly believe that Righteouesness is for all becuz that is the way Jah intended it to be. Creation should be righteous as one and not separated by sin. I just stand my belief that Rastafari is specific to the Black race for the liberation of our people from a certain circumstance, but I would never say deny all of mankind the spiritual freedom that rightfully belongs to us all...Creation.

Nothing stays the same ital, that is true,but we have to fight for what is rightfully ours becuz FOR WAY TOO LONG things are being kept the same! and that is BAD

EmpressGong

Speed

« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2005, 03:10:10 AM »

Nah, I agreed with alot of your points made, it's just the one I quoted that I didn't!

I agree with you that Jah is in us all and enshrouds everything.  I do not believe HIM is 'the saviour' of mankind.

Seen, on your point made as HIM being a black liberator, but ghandi was an Indian liberator and Moses liberated the Hebrews and I respect them all.  Surely if we are all divine then a liberator is nothing more than a prophet and the color of his skin has no relevance.  I give thanks to prophets from all around the world.  Do you need to be able to relate to the prophet so closely as even as far down to the color of their skin?

The job of the non african Rasta is the same as an African.  It's just the path taken in concern to ROOTS is different.  African Rastas need to pay hommage to their african ancestors and spiritually want to return home just like I respect my celtci roots.  My spirit lies in the Scottish mountains along with the mystic as does yours in Africa.  Do not forget the Scots were being tortured by them colonial ideals way before the Africans where.  My ancestors similar to yours, respected the land and all of creation.  Also, seeing as we are both striving for the same thing, doesn't this make us kinda similar?

ital

« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2005, 04:32:06 AM »

greetings,  all  iam  saying  is  rasta  is  for  all,  the  great  mojority  of  africans  dont  follow  RASTAFARI  anyway,  the  europian  had  african  as  slaves  but  the  mojority  of  these  slaves  was  sold  to  the  europian  by  the  africian  them  selves,  even  to  this  day   some  africans  are  still  selling  their  brothers,  i    did  not  know  that  rastas  was  dealing  with  a  black  god  empress  please  inlighten,  i  cannot  understand  how  a  whiteman  who  is  also  jah  creation  can  live  rightiously  yet  have  no  part  in   RASTAFARI.  one  love  RASTAFARI.

Speed

« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2005, 09:36:30 AM »

Rasta's know each other by spirit. In other words it is a vibe that one feels when one see another Rasta that distinguishes who they are to each other. It is something deeper than just an external thing.

When I was walking the strete one day I saw this Rastaman walking with his head held high and this guy was righteous and conscious and you could see it and feel it... Inspiration!

Fiayh can you tell me what HIM is to you?  I have seen posts in the past where your views have differed so can you please tell me you believe?

I would like to add that I feel personally insulted as Rasta when I see one claiming the title of Rastafari and then say HIM Haile Selassie I is nothing

Does this make The 12 Tribes non Rasta?

This is the only bit I don't get, I have so much trouble trying to work this one out, enlighten me!

Keep it easy
- Speed

ital

« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2005, 02:54:01 PM »

greetings,  the  question  is  the  role  of  none  african  in  rasta  movement,  if  you  do  not  think  that  there is any  role  for  the  none  african  please  explain  why  not,  this  post  is  your  post  fiyah  you  ask  the  question  so  what  do  you  really  think  yourself  is  there  any  role  for  the  man  who  is   none  african  in  the  movement  of  RASTAFARI,  i  answer  this  post  because  i  know  that  the  RASTAFARI  movement  is  for  all,  the  light  of  the  sun  is  not  just  for  africans  or  europians  but  for  all,  likewise  the  light  of  the  most  high  JAH  RASTAFARI  shines  not  just  for  some  but  for  all,  it  is  up  to  those  who  think  that  there  is  no  role  for  the  none  african,  to  explain  the  reason  why  they  think  the  way  that  they  do,  just  like  how  it  is  up  to  me  to  explain  as  an  african  decendant  an  a  RASTAMAN  why  i  know  that  there  is  a  role  in  RASTAFARI  for  everyone.  let  us  continue  to  reason  in  one  love  and  unity,  one  love  to  all  who  live  on  planet  earth  RASTAFARI.

ital

« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2005, 06:43:15 PM »

greetings  fiyah,  so  what    role  does    the  none  african  have  within  the  movement  if  he  has  one  what  is  it,  and  if  he  has  no  role  why  not,  who  is  excluding  the  stranger  from  the  house  of  RASTAFARI,  bredrin  nither  you  are  any  elder  in  the  RASTAFARI  movement  can  tell  anyman  how  and  when  to  use  the  name  RASTAFARI,  NAMES  BELONG  TO  JAH,  jah  give  us  the  freedom  to  choose  how  we  want  to  use  names,  if  it  is  wrong  for  me  to  use  the  name  RASTAFARI  dont  worry  jah  will  surely  punish  me,  you  say  you  feel  hurt  when  one  like  myself  use  the  name  RASTAFARI  BUT  DONT  BELIEVE  IN  HIM,  well  sellassie  never  believe  in  RASTAFARI  do  you  feel  hurt  about  that,  he  follow  a  none  african  way  a  way  that  was  emported  into  africa  when  the  queen  of  sheba  went  to  isreal.  one  love  RASTAFARI.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2005, 07:01:30 PM »

Fiyah -

I've got to give thanks for all the knowledge you maybe even subconsiously give I everyday. I may make a post one day and think its great, and then read your reasoning on this matter the next day and realize its outright foolish.

Just a couple months ago - one day I thought Selassie was simply a great man, by about a week later (from reasoning on this with you) I realized, saw, and felt that he and Jah were one and the same to the highest degree.

And so thank you once again. I've meditated upon this idea of it taking a village to grow a Rasta (I've heard 'it takes a village to grow a child' before) and this truly spoke to me.

Regardless of age, I've got to take a step back and continue reasoning with the elders here for a long while before I can correctly proclaim 'Rastafari' in a sensical manner.

And so I give thanks to you and all other wise people here, and hope you will continue to be here for further reasoning on the oncoming days. You've been a mentor of the most high and things are just getting started.

Endless love, raspect, and thanks

One

ital

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2005, 04:14:45 AM »

greetings  fiyah,  the  name  that  i  use  to  address  the  creator  depends  on  who  iam  reasoning  with,  when  reasoning  with  rastas  i  use  the  name  RASTAFARI,  with  christians  i  use  the  name  god  with  muslims  i  use  allah,  like  i  say  before  these  are  all  names  for  the  one  creator,    and  it  is  really  up  to  me  to  use  any  of  these  names  it  is  not  a  crime  either  against  man  or  god,  maybe   if  i  was  not  a  jamaican  i  would  not  use  the  name  RASTAFARI,  and  even  thou  i  have  been  hearing  the  name  from  i  was  small  i  did  not  use  the  name  untill  i  understand  what  it  really  mean,  i  have  just  as  much  rights  like  anyother  african  to  claim  the  name  RASTAFARI,  as  an  african  iam  saying  to  none  africans,  RASTAFARI  is  for  all  those  who  choose  to  live  good,  it  is  babylon  that  as  brain  wash  people  into  thinking  that  they  are  africans  and  europians  and  that  they  come  from  different  countries,  there  is  only  one  country  it  call  earth,  and  there  is  only  one  people,  the  world  is  full  of  temptation  the  racist  power  that  is    ruleing  earth  is  a  temptaion  to  us,  it  can  bring  out  the  worst  in  us,  if  i  had  the  power  i  would  stop  all  this  evil  racist  power  thing  that  is  going  on  here  on  earth,  jah  has  got  the  power  yet  jah  dont  stop  it,  jah  new  it  was  going  to  happen  before  it  happen  but  still  let  it  happen  because  jah  knows  that  we  must  meet  these  temptation  and  defeat  them  we  cant  hide  from  them,  iam  a  blackman  so  i  know    about  prejudice,  not  only  know  about  it  but  feel  it  as  well, at  the  end  of  the  day  it  does  not  really  matter  how  powerful  are  clever  the  racist  person  think  that  they  are,  the  fact  is  from  your  thinking  in  terms  of  race  babylon  has  got  you,  dont  forget  the  devil  is  the  master  of  disguise.  one  love  RASTAFARI  

ital

« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2005, 06:14:52 PM »

greetings  fiyah,  how  can  one  find  the  truth  and  then  make  mistakes  or  only  see  half  truths,  iam  not  ignoring  the  division  amongst  earth  people,  but  iam  saying  that  the  division  that  exsist  is  not  real  it  is  all  part  of  bablyon  plan  to  divide  and  rule,  no  one  can  know  truth  who  is  not  willing  to  lay  down  their  life  for  what  is  right,  and  no  rightious  man  can  ignore  the  suffering  of  his  brothers  and  sisters  on  earth,  give  unto  cesar  what  is  cesar  evil  has  been  going  on  before  you  was  born  and  it  will  be  going  on  after  you  die,  one  love  RASTAFARI.

InI_Scott

• Full User
  • Chapter a Day!
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2005, 09:28:37 PM »

Fiyah & ital,

Thank you both for this reasoning.  I don't want to interrupt, but is there anyway we could take some parts of this discussion into another topic?

For example, the discussion of "knowing the One" is only step 1 in the process.  Also, Fiyah, you stated this a while back:
"Rasta's know each other by spirit. In other words it is a vibe that one feels when one see another Rasta that distinguishes who they are to each other. It is something deeper than just an external thing. Also this is usually a process of years that one develops into this. It is usually years of reasoning amongst elders and searching within oneself before one is able to reach the higher consciousness of bearing the title of Rasta."

I had some reasoning lately with a Non African Rasta and felt an amazing energy engulf me at the end of our short interaction.  I am to the point where i need to find a mentor--too many questions in i mind that have me all twisted around.  I wonder if the next step is to seek out others in the community that have attained higher consciousness.  I'm ready to take the fear out of my heart.

Let me know if you are interested in continuing these topics elsewhere.

Thanks again everyone!
One Love
Scott
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 22 queries.