Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement  (Read 31666 times)

ital

Re: Role Of Non Africans in Rasta Movement
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2005, 05:12:38 AM »

greetings  fiyah,  if  one  was  not  seeking  justice  in  this  earthly  life  one  would  not  discover  the  highest  truth,  anyman  who  discover  the  highest  truth  becomes  a  free  man,  free  from  hate  greed  lust  and  all  manner  of  vanity  that  stop  one  knowing  the  truth,  the  man  who  knows  the  truth  can  see  both  sides  the  good  and  the  bad,  i  never  just  get  up  one  day  and  start  talking  about  truth,  if  we  could  meet  face  to  face  and  i  tell  you  of  all  the  suffering,  abuse,  mocking  been  call  a  mad  man  and  a  nutter,  all  because  i  make  a  change,  when  i  was  a  drinker  and  a  womaniser  and  gambler  no  one  say  that  i  was  mad,  when  i  stop  those  things  and  start  to  tell  people  that  things  like  those  are  wrong  that  is  when  they  class  me  as  mad,  so  i  went  trough  nough  suffering    to  reach  an  understanding  of  truth,  there  is  no  division  in  truth,  from  you  discover  the  christ  within  you  understand  how  man  should  live,  man  problem  is  this  he  has  turn  his  back  on  the  laws  of  god  ignoring  the  voice  of  the  inner  christ.  one  love  to  all  RASTAFARI.  brother  scot  we  can  reason  any  time  just  start  a  tread  and  i  will  likk  up.

A.M.

« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2005, 06:08:49 AM »

I just wanted to say that I have been studying the Rastafarian Religion for some time now (i.e. The Old Testament transcribed from The original  Hebrew and Greek translations to  The Kebra Negast and the Solominic Line, as well as studying the Life and Experiences of Haile Selassie I) and I truly believe Haile Selassie as being the reincarnated spirit of "The Lion" the final incarnation Including Moses, David and Christ. It was proved in official Ethiopian Documentation that Selassie was of the Davidic/Solominic line, and one can't help but deny the black/non-black similarities to images of The Christ which clearly ( even the Shroud of Turin ) resemble a man Who is the Descendent of Ethiopian/Judaic Descent. Who else that has ever existed in time can claim descent from biblical times?!?Why was this man not more closely revered or Proclaimed? Because... of the poisining not of just Religion in general by war-hungry White Men and Spanish Conquistadors ( The true Babbylonians ) but of lands and cultures, Spreading forth a "NEW TESTAMENT" that was sinful and evil and never even intended by christ himself. Yes, it's true! One educated in the religions can clearly adequate that the Book of Matthew which details Christ's life, was originally intended to be the last Book of The Complete Erroneous Bible!The rest was incited and published many years later to make man Once more fearful and reverent as once in Moses's time. The New testament is compiled of Greek Scriptures, GREECE NOT BEING THE ORIGIN OF MAN. THE earliest found remains of Modern man were found in Africa, Hence We all Originated in Africa and were spread apart into more cultures/Lands from the original RACES/CULTURES through DIVINE PLAN. Many religions preach that Racial Unity must be reached for Utopia or Heaven to exist as it was in the beginning: This is quite a simple concept. Furthermore I do not deny the ideaology of a white rasta despite what The Bobo Shanti sect or misinterpreters of "The Holy Piby" might suggest. Such ideaology is ignorant and harmful not only to the Rastafarian People as peace- living, Jah loving I-men in Inity,but harmful to the Movement as a "WHOLE, because the FUTURE of The Rastafarian Religion/Movement has been struggling in Jamaica and elsewhere in the world to find social acceptance and Political recognition.Such acceptance can never come if sects of Rastas such as The Bobo-Shanti cannot equivicate that resorting to the evil ideaologies of racism or separitism in any form cannot be Beneficial to having a Political Stance on the World Stage ,since the root of such(racist theology) is originally spirited from "the evil one" Selassie himself stated that "until the color of a man's was no more significant than his skin color" that unity of NO nations could ever exist. I am a dreadlocked man and I praise Jah through forms of music, namely recreating dubs/ samples of roots rock and ragga with sound samples that profess his name. For Exodus 15:2 reads that " My lord is Jah, and he is my strength..."  I get so much flak for appearing white and having dreads. My descent is American-Indian (Wintun) , Nicaraguan , Mexican and who knows I am a mutt but nonetheless a child of the I-Jah. I quite often get " who Put those dreads in your hair" when in reality I just let my hairs go unkempt until they knotted. I didn't apply any product or nothing like that. Whenever I am floored by an ignorant statement I let people know The Christ was dreaded if he lived the way he did, and The Old testament reminds us our bodies are our temples and the hair should be uncut and unkempt, and that we should not mark upon our bodies, countless diehard rastas have I met who have tattoos and such, but Jah tells us not to be judgemental so I won't comment to much more. I guess my overall message is Find Jah, be weary of the origin of man and the origins of present day scripture, Praise Moses, Christ, and Selassie I alike and be weary of him origin for him was "The Lion Spirit ( Holy Spirit to the babbylonians )  of Christ" the only living embodiment we will ever know until all forms return at the Last Conflict of our World.

ital

« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2005, 09:08:25 PM »

greetings  fiyah,  i  know  that  you  did  not  say  there  is  division  in  thuth, i  was  making  the  statement  my  self,  the  highest  truth  i  know  is  that  jah  is  within  and  jah  is  truth  once  you  find  the  truth  within  there  is  no  higher  truth,  our  disagreement  is  this  you  believe  selassie  is  jah,  but  i  dont  so  we  are  bound  to  see  things  differently,  you  are  right  when  you  say  one  should  know  the  christ  within,  but  the  christ  within  is  not  selassie,  the  christ  is  within  all  including  jesus  and  selassie,  it  is  this  very  christ  within  that  you  advice  one  to  awake  to  that  iam  reasoning  about  there  can  only  be  one  master  and  for  me  that  is  the  one  that  dwell  within  so  when  i  man  reason  iam  reasoning  from  the  point  of  view  of  the  one  that  dwell  within,  and  like  i  say  before  you  cant  get  higher  than  that  one,  i  could  not  but  my  faith  in  a  next  man  no  matter  who  the  man  is,   dont  get  me  wrong  i  respect  all  men  who  strive  to  live  a  good  life,  but  to  me  every  man  is  my  brother  weather  they  are  call  selassie  or  jesus  or  tom  and  john,  i  will  finish  by  saying  that  nither  jesus  or  selassie  claim  to  be  god  or  make  any  claim  to  be  special,  it  is  others  that  make  these  claims  in  their  name,  they  themselves  would  never  ever  agree  with  the  claim  that  their  followers  make  on  their  behalf.  one  love  RASTAFARI.

A.M.

« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2005, 01:11:30 AM »

Greetings Fiyahbun,

Good point on my last post, I guess it's hard to walk in The Bobo-Shanti man shoes from way over here, I DO as well believe their fight is their own, and I DO NOt support any occupation of Land or Political Office by the Unjust. And to Ital... not a pot shot at you, but alot of Reggae Music helped spread the message of Inity to Black, white and Yellow man alike who would have never been exposed to The word of I Jah. Alot of early reggae and dancehall contain many modern man prophet man, for they exposed the word of jah such as it proclaims in The Old Testament ( music in Psalms )and The Glory of the Kings. These artists were not afraid to be dreadlocked even though the vast Majority of Jamaica was not Rastafari, even though those to which the music would reach may not approve of the message. They spoke of Peace Inity Love and word of Jah. Praise MUST include music... and Jah bless artists like  Michael Prophet for bringing the lord Jah's message with tough rugged riddim, non-cheesy non- preachy non evangelical. Sorry to stray from the overall message. Just saying that's all.

A.M.

« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2005, 07:09:26 AM »

I hope I'm not making any T.O.S. violations but I got your message (Saadon) but I am unable to reply until I have reached a meager ten posts... I will shed more light on the subject you asked at http://www.geocities.com/rootsradic420/

ital

« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2005, 09:28:03 AM »

bredrin   A.M. i  think  all  of  your  reasoning  is  addressing  what  fiyah  said,  i  did  not  mention  music  in  any  of  my  reasoning  please  read  all  the  post  on  this  subject  again  you  will  see  that  you  have  made  a  honest  mistake  no  offence  taken,  empressgong  where  are  you, did  you  not  imply  that  jah  was  black  in  an  earlier  post  i  was  hopeing  you  would  explane  how  you  come  to  this  understanding,  you  have  a  way  of  running  away  from  reasoning  when  someone  else  disagree  with  your  point  of  view,  when  you  make  statement  like  that  you  should  stand  and  deffend  them,  what  do  you  think  fiyah  or  did  you  not  read  the  gong  post,  and  empress  dont  take  any  offence  you  make  a  statement  and  iam  asking  for  explaination.  one  love  to  all  who  live  on  planet  earth  RASTAFARI.  

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2005, 10:53:49 AM »

Irie bredren A.M..
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

ital

« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2005, 09:32:16 PM »

you  are  right  fiyah  we  are  straying  from  the  topic  of  this  tread  so  lets  get  back  to  it,   what  role if  any  has  the  none  african  got  within  rastafari,  if  he  has  a  role  what  is  it  if  you  know  the  role  of  the  none  african  can  you  explain  it  to  him,  about  god  been  black  i  will  start  a  new  tread  fiyah  we  can  reason  about  that  on  that  tread  one  love  RASTAFARI.

A.M.

« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2005, 04:22:38 AM »

Ital, & Fiyah sorry to stray from the subjects at hand I misread the quote about the music and all. Thanks for being understanding I tried to not sound so hostile. I have come to the conclusion that The Christ skin was remnant of either Egyptian or Judaic a descent therefore anyone living in the time era practicing such radical theologies, and being amongst lepers, the poor etc. etc., especially a carpenter who worked in the sun ( not a fat white king's job ) in the desert heat skin would be Black or very sunweathered like a shaman or Hindu, and the hair would be unkempt and probably dreaded, as the Shroud of Turin adequately depicts. I also have come to the conclusion through Scripture(s) that state of a Messiah with" hair like wool", and from a non-religious perspective , being that (geographically) the earliest remnants of Modern man were found on/in the continent of Africa. This fact not only INCREASES my faith, but should stir up many questions among Creationist/ and Evolutionist, because the origin of early man would help one gain much Scientific and Religious insight on The first books of the bible and man's role in relation to Jah. I hope to stress a little more insight ( including Historical, Biblical and Political references ) on my sight which is underworks but a comment box is up for any wanting to spark up a new topic. I will collectively use information from The Old Testament,the book of Matthew - the first book of the New testament and why it has been speculated that this should have been the last book of the Old Test.- The Kebra Negast , The original Aramaic, scriptures later translated into Greece all the way down to the translation into the bible reducing the Aramaic references of the name of Jah, Yahweh  from 6,283 references to what is now only some 20-100 references (depending on what version of the bible you may have) to the reincarnated "Lion" spirit ( see white man's Holy Ghost ) through the Davidic/Solominic bloodlines from Melanik I & II... to Haile Selassie I's ( 'im last representation until the end of days ) birth and circumstances surrounding his (death)"ascention to the sky." Keep an eye out I hope to raise some brows with a radical new theories compiled from our history as a race of people that were seperated into different races through I-jah's plan and why. Jah bless  you all Ital, Saadon and Fiyahbun for helping in many ways to "smash" the Babbylonian religious theory that went awry somewhere in time.

A.M.

« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2005, 06:00:15 AM »

http://www.geocities.com/rootsradic420/             Click on the link I  have started to spread the word.

ital

« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2005, 01:22:31 PM »

bredrin  A.M.  it  is  my  opinion  that  as  african  we  did  not  deal  with  written  history,  but  oral  history  we  always  know  the  truth  we  did  not  have  to  read  about,  and  if  you  did  not  know  it  you  could  always  go  and  learn  it  from  someone  who  did,  written  history  is  not  my  story  but  HIS  STORY,  they  it  is  that  bring  the  book  to  africa  trying  to  teach  me  HIS  STORY,  claming  that  they  are  spreding  the  word  of  god,  but  the  word  of  god  is  everywhere  alredy, look  at  africa  today  every  one  is  either  christian  or  muslim  forces  from  outside  who  come  to  africa,  with  the  name  of  god  but  with  the  devil  in  their  hearts,  they  teach  us  that  the  truth  is  to  be  found  in  their  koran  and  bible  and  like  fools  most  of  us  believe  them,  but  there  are  others  that  know  that  truth  is  within  man,  you  dont  have  to  be  able  to  read  to  know  truth,  even  if  you  have  never  seen  any  bible  or  koran  or  anyother  holy  book  you  can  still  know  truth  because  it  is  within,  so  as  an  african  i  will  stand  up  for  my  rights  to  reject    those  who  claim  that  they  are  spreding  the  word  of  god  using  a  book,  you  should  know  yourself,  and  yourself  is  not  a  book.  one  love  to  all  who  seek  the  truth  and  noting  but  the  truth  RASTAFARI.

Star

« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2005, 11:13:41 PM »

This is my first post, and I am White if you must call be that, my relatives fought for the south, in fact I am closely related to both Lee and Davis, but that does not make me them.

I'm not sure about alot of what I read here, people arguing about who can go live where.  The last time the world got together and gave a group of people their own nation it caused nothing but problems.  Israel is still fighting the people that they kicked out (Palastine), and this is the main source of most muslim terror movements.

We need to learn to live as one, no borders no colors, everyone helps their fellow man.  Congregating all 'africans' together and saying 'this is our country' is just putting a human label on gods land.  Until we al learn that nothing is ours we are doomed.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2005, 09:00:28 PM »

This is my first post, and I am White if you must call be that, my relatives fought for the south, in fact I am closely related to both Lee and Davis, but that does not make me them.

I'm not sure about alot of what I read here, people arguing about who can go live where.  The last time the world got together and gave a group of people their own nation it caused nothing but problems.  Israel is still fighting the people that they kicked out (Palastine), and this is the main source of most muslim terror movements.

We need to learn to live as one, no borders no colors, everyone helps their fellow man.  Congregating all 'africans' together and saying 'this is our country' is just putting a human label on gods land.  Until we al learn that nothing is ours we are doomed.

Excellent point however, one must put things in correct historIcal perspective and in order for proper justice, the wrongs that have trailed on through history and right up to today must be corrected, first with the people that to this day face tribulation.

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2005, 02:35:34 AM »

bredrin  A.M.  it  is  my  opinion  that  as  african  we  did  not  deal  with  written  history,  but  oral  history  we  always  know  the  truth  we  did  not  have  to  read  about,  and  if  you  did  not  know  it  you  could  always  go  and  learn  it  from  someone  who  did,  written  history  is  not  my  story  but  HIS  STORY,  they  it  is  that  bring  the  book  to  africa  trying  to  teach  me  HIS  STORY,  claming  that  they  are  spreding  the  word  of  god,  but  the  word  of  god  is  everywhere  alredy, look  at  africa  today  every  one  is  either  christian  or  muslim  forces  from  outside  who  come  to  africa,  with  the  name  of  god  but  with  the  devil  in  their  hearts,  they  teach  us  that  the  truth  is  to  be  found  in  their  koran  and  bible  and  like  fools  most  of  us  believe  them,  but  there  are  others  that  know  that  truth  is  within  man,  you  dont  have  to  be  able  to  read  to  know  truth,  even  if  you  have  never  seen  any  bible  or  koran  or  anyother  holy  book  you  can  still  know  truth  because  it  is  within,  so  as  an  african  i  will  stand  up  for  my  rights  to  reject    those  who  claim  that  they  are  spreding  the  word  of  god  using  a  book,  you  should  know  yourself,  and  yourself  is  not  a  book.  one  love  to  all  who  seek  the  truth  and  noting  but  the  truth  RASTAFARI.

ital, i cite this with you-- i resonate with tha i on this one!

nothing greater nothing lesser, paco [smiley=smiley.gif]
Whoever Brought Me Here, Will Have To Take Me Home - - -Rumi

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2005, 07:03:36 AM »

Seen and agreed. InI give thanks
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.