Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Paths & Friendships  (Read 766 times)

Speed

Paths & Friendships
« on: June 20, 2005, 12:44:42 AM »

As I continue my path I have taken it upon myself to help others.  Due to me being quite content with what and who I am I have been giving alot of my time to my friend's troubles.  I have this theory that we are all on our own paths and other peoples paths cross our own at certain points (this is when you meet and become friends etc) but at some point your paths will seperate again as you both continue.  This isn't a bad thing, I just feel that you can't spend your time waiting for others and this can slow down your progression and you must follow your own path.  This past year I have been held back by a few friends.  

I have this one friend who I help out alot because he has had it quite hard and he is quite confused.  The thing is this friend is now rather dependant on me.  I want him to realise he has to follow his own path and can't follow mine.  Everytime I think I can continue on mine it seems like I get pulled back.  The problem is that I can give him the answers but he doesn't want to change so I am stuck in a cycle and any solution is only short term.  When is the time to let go?  Am I wrong in thinking that people come and go and you may create relationships with people but if they are truly strong then they will last when your paths re-meet.  I always want to be meeting new people and progressing.  Has anyone else had this problem?  

thelastwinnum

Re: Paths & Friendships
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 03:36:30 AM »

well I've got this friend who I used to be pretty tight with, with a few fights here and there, but we were both hippyish and close to de earth so we got along most of the time. This past year I've really come to know Iself and Him, but my friend remains a hypocrite. He talks about higher powers, but then laughs god off. We chill alot and it's really hard on me because he's always been someone I could rely on in the past, but our differences know make things a little rocky sometimes. I guess it all works out though, his doubt just makes me put more trust in myself and more faith in Jah. Speed I think that since we all come from Jah, and since we'll all return to him one day, we should walk whatever path leads to our happiness. By learning to stand on our own, we can come to know Him. I think that even though you have tried your best to help your bredren, at some point you gotta let him walk his path alone. If he needs strength let him lean on Jah first and you second, for He can do so much than we can. sry for the long post.Jah bless.

Speed

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 08:36:42 AM »

I think that even though you have tried your best to help your bredren, at some point you gotta let him walk his path alone. If he needs strength let him lean on Jah first and you second, for He can do so much than we can

You seem to understand my situation so much, thanks for your post!

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 08:13:44 PM »

I guess the path analogy is a pretty good one. I've seen a lot of that in my life.
There are folks who pass through and it's a positive experience for both of us.
A very few of us continue to walk together, those are the ones who become family.
And then there are the others. Some people are so needy, and have no desire to anything to help themselves. People like that become a burden.
In each case like that I ususally have to cut that tie. I probably end up waiting longer than I should to make this decision and let the person drain me of energy I could be putting to a more possitive use. When someone tends to make a burden of themselves they will not let go you must make that call. For a giving person, and you seem to be one, this is hard to do. I will try to do everything I can to help them, but eventually you can reach a point where you know there is nothing more you can do and you have to move on. Sometimes you just have to move on and leave them where they are.
Maybe later on they will realize what they missed the first time around.

Jah bless

One love
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

thelastwinnum

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 08:23:15 PM »

the path analogy just made me think of hairs tangling together and making dreads [smiley=grin.gif]

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.