Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: IS  GOD  BLACK.  (Read 33331 times)

ital

IS  GOD  BLACK.
« on: July 02, 2005, 09:42:58 PM »

greetings  iam  asking  this  question  because  in  one  of  empress  gong  post  on  another  tread  she  claim  that  god  is  black,  when  i  ask  her  to  explain  bredrin  fiyah  reply  an  said  that  he  was  with  the  empress,  so  the  guestion  is  this  how  menny  more  of  you  think  that  god  is  black,  and  if  you  believe  that  god  is  black  can  you  explain  why  you  think  that  jah  is  black one  love  RASTAFARI.

rasbongo

• Senior User
Re: IS  GOD  BLACK.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 09:58:40 PM »

this mayb beyond the scope of your question but i dont believe god is black nor white, i simply believe he doesnt even exist period.

EmpressGong

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 03:15:21 AM »

Blessed Love

ital, you are something else. Fiyah when he said agreed with me was talkin about the multicultural society of JA and how there are such influences in the ways of Rastafari.

Secondly, as you want to call out my name all the time. MY GOD is black. MY GOD is BLACK. MY God is a LIBERATOR of my PEOPLE. MY GOD has shown me how I must deal with the downpressor: through dedication to the ALMIGHTY CREATOR that LIVES WITHIN ME and ALL mankind. MY GOD came as a BLACK MAN all de time. MY GOD is someone I recognise and feel instantly upon sight.

MY CREATOR lives in ME and makes me DIVINE..makes me SACRED. I know de GODDESS within.

You dont have to see, or like it or agree with it. But that is my reality and I love it doh.
RASTAFARI

EmpressGong

Tottenham

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 06:05:32 PM »

God is not black or white.Colour/race means nothing when discussing God.God is within all of us.But if seeing God ina form helps us to communicate with God then so be it.

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 10:57:31 PM »

why can't blackman have black god? they europeans been shuving white god into our brain matter forever then white man and brainwashed p of color chri. say color don't matter while picture of blond blue eyed brad pitt  looking jesus hanging inna santuary and all sunday school rooms. i don't even like name 'god' that uropean concept foreign to i DNA.  for those who want devotion and physical form to worship what rong with black higher power? [smiley=shocked.gif]

« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 10:58:45 PM by paco »
Whoever Brought Me Here, Will Have To Take Me Home - - -Rumi

ital

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 04:27:39 AM »

bredrin  rasbongo  you  should  not  take  part  in  this  reasoning  it  is  about  god  and  you  dont  even  think  that  god  exist,  empress  you  want  to  get  down  from  your  high  horse  fiyah  did  reply  to  say  he  was  in  agreement  with  you  that  god  was  black  and  that  is  the  reason  why  i  started  this  tread  so  we  could  reason  some  more  on  the  matter,  what  make  you  think  that  iam  always  calling  out  your  name  expecally,  if  you  think  that  iam  doing  so  your  are  wrong  you  said  god  was  black  i  ask  you  to  explain  that  is  all,  if  it  was  anyone  else  i  would  have  ask  them  to  explain  themselves  as  well, most  of  my  reasoning  on  this  forum  has  been  with  fiyah  not  you,  so  if  iam  always  calling  anyone  name  it  is  fiyah  not  yours,  the  couple  of  times  that  i  have  reason  with  you,  after  one  post  you  usually  run  away  claming  that  it  makes  no  sence  to  continue  reasoning,  even  if  i  disagree  with  fiyah  i  could  not  say  the  same  thing  about  him  because  unlike  yourself  he  stand  and  defend  not  in  an  agresive  way  but  in  an  understanding  way,  no  offence  is  ment  by  this  empress  but  your  behaving  not  like  empress  gong,  but  like  empress  soft,  like  i  said  before  iam  not  picking  on  you  i  dont  even  know  you,  i  only  ask  you  to  explain  why  you  think  that  god  is  black  thats  all,  the  same  queston  was  but  to  fiyah  as  well  but  fiyah  give  a  reason  why  he  taught  so,  have  you  got  a  reason  to  think  so,  once  and  for  all  empress  no  offence  is  ment  your  my  sister  if  my  intention  is  to  offend  you  may  jah    take  away  any  blessing  from  me  if  i  have  any  either  in  this  life  or  the  next.  one  love  to  all  RASTAFARI.

ital

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 04:36:02 AM »

i  ment  to  say  the  same  queston  was put  to  fiyah  as  well

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 06:06:41 PM »

Greetings and peace.

The entity of the Creator cannot be described in a human thought process. We are too simple with too much out of our realm of possibility. The color of Jah does not and should not matter to anyone, because really, Jah is not bound by the rules that we are as huemans. In contemplating whether or not Jah is black we are lowering the Almighty to our level when He is much greater. Jah is more than color or shape.

One

Jah bless

EmpressGong

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 07:56:59 PM »

Blessed Love

I had a response all ready and the internet shut down leavin me signed in since yesterday. But anyways, Here is what I wanted to say yesterday, which is also in support of what M-Dub said. I must say he is certainly right that we are lowerin the Creator to our level and that is a mistake. But as humans we are prone to such indiscretion. anyways this is what I wanted to say before:

I feel like a stuck record. TO repeat, I am not sayin that the 'colour' of the Creator , the Most High NTR is Black. The NTR is not a defined figure in the sky.Furthermore, the NTR is within everything on earth. Thus Creation is the NTR, Creation and Creator are One. Geez. God is a title, God has been the name given to a white guy with blue eyes and long hair, sayin that he is the saviour to all, and we shud sit and wait for him to return and hope he liked our lives-in-anticiaption. COME ON! Isnt something wrong with this picture?

MY God isnt someone who I cant see or feel. NOt someone Ive heard of but dont have any proof he ever existed. I need somethng tangible not blind faith. GOd has always been portrayed as a man in the sky, well Im sorry to say that for this Rasta that aint enough. My God actually lives and exists within me and the faces and the words and sounds of my people,and those who have that Spirit guiding them to righteousness. I do not look at the face os the downpressor and see liberation , spirit and truth. I cannot look at Babylon and find peace. My God is in the face of my people.this is what it is for ME.

Im not sayin that GOd is not in all of mankind beyond race, that wud be so untrue.BUt as a Rasta I deal with HOME FIRST. We deal with healin our own FIRST and as said, no one is disputin that the Creator is colourless. That is why there are so many problems with non-africans comin into Rasta, becuz the purpose of this movement, whether or not ones choose to see it is specific. Not to say it is exclusive in integration but we have a goal, and I do not see why there is always a problem with our Goal.We should not be called racists just becuz we  are takin care of our own. Afrakans are the original peoples of this world, and after years of degradation and being treated like animals, our original existence is what gives us the mental freedom we deserve after brutal violation.

GOd and Creator are interchangeable terms but I do not mean NTR when I say God. Im talkin about Divinity in Flesh/Man. Many other ancient cultures know this.THe Aborigines of this world have always praised the link between the NTR and Creation. Not the people of Babylon, and that mindset is what plagues everyone and is unfortunately the subconscious still. THe Creator is all colours and all things becuz teh Creator is just that! But I am born from teh Darkness and I love it, cuz as was said darkness gives birth to Light. Rasta is the Light for the Dark sking and who dont like that fact then too bad!

Any Fari Literature will tell you so ital. Real Rasta are fightin for the black cause which will one day lead to the human cause. but babylon is way too powerful for that part right now, hence why we stick mainly to our own. if you dont see the culture we are tryin to reclaim from our roots in the Nile then really what is there to discuss!

EmpressGong

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2005, 09:11:41 PM »

Thank you for helping I to achieve a greater overstanding of your words Empress. I can now truly see the words you speak and the meaning behind them. Deep.

One

Jah bless

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 10:21:11 PM »

Yes, much thanks Empress.

ital

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 04:14:58 AM »

greetings,  it  is  true  that  god  has  been  potray  to  us  as  white,  but  this  was  not  done  by  rightious  people  but  by  those  who  lack  any  understanding   of  god,  the  word  god  is  used  by  muslims  as  well  but  not  to  discribe  any  blue  eye  god,  if  we  follow  the  ways  of  those  who  see  god  as  white  by  saying  god  is  black  we  will  be  just  as  stupid  as  them,  i  agree  that  darkness  is  the  first  and  that  out  of  this  darkness  comes  light,  but  it  was  jah  that  created  both  the  darkness  and  the  light  so  jah  is  none  of  these  colours  he  created  them,    if  you  believe  god  has  a  colour  you  need  to  think  about  the  things  that  your  doing  in  your  life  they  might  be  clowding   your  understanding.  one  love  RASTAFARI.

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 12:38:24 PM »

Is there a reason we should assume Jah is without any particular color?

If it is true that we are made in His image, what exactly does that mean? If creation starts within the mind, then we are a creation from within the mind of Jah. So then, is it not plausible that He would make a man "black" because blackness is within Jah? Everything that is without is within. So then, why would darkness not be within Jah? As well as the light?

Be blessed.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 04:35:32 PM »

Seen, EmpressCarla had placed the last piece in the puzzle on this topic.

greetings,  it  is  true  that  god  has  been  potray  to  us  as  white,  but  this  was  not  done  by  rightious  people  but  by  those  who  lack  any  understanding   of  god,  the  word  god  is  used  by  muslims  as  well  but  not  to  discribe  any  blue  eye  god,  if  we  follow  the  ways  of  those  who  see  god  as  white  by  saying  god  is  black  we  will  be  just  as  stupid  as  them,  i  agree  that  darkness  is  the  first  and  that  out  of  this  darkness  comes  light,  but  it  was  jah  that  created  both  the  darkness  and  the  light  so  jah  is  none  of  these  colours  he  created  them,    if  you  believe  god  has  a  colour  you  need  to  think  about  the  things  that  your  doing  in  your  life  they  might  be  clowding   your  understanding.  one  love  RASTAFARI.

You are not looking at the words of the Empress within the proper light. Your words show that you missed the point she was making. Meditate on her words and Carla's and you will see what is being said.

One

Jah bless

joeyb

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2005, 10:20:51 PM »

wisdom seen.

but Empress_Carla, we are not made in Jah's physical image. The "image" the Bible refers to here is concerning the character of Jah - we are created with some of His qualities (i.e. Mercy, pity, peace, love but to  a smaller extent than He.)

good point about how the Creator envisioned Man as black and thus created Him, but to make Man, God made him out of imperfect physical matter, which in turn has texture, colour etc. Thus, colour cannot exist outside of matter colour is one of the charactersitics confined to physicality. Giving Jah a colour confines Him. He does not have no colour as in, this makes Him black: colour cannot be applied to Him because He has nothing to be coloured. He has no body.

The only God one can say is black is H.I.M. Haille Selassie I, if you know HIM as thus - if not, then God is extra-physical.

OneLove
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.