Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: IS  GOD  BLACK.  (Read 33334 times)

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
Re: IS †GOD †BLACK.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2005, 02:20:36 AM »

joeyb, my bredren, what makes you think we are not made in Jah's physical image? An image is a reflection of something. We are the reflection of Jah. When I look in the mirror, when I look within, it is Jah that is reflected back! Just like when I look into my Mom's face, I see myself and she sees herself reflected in me.

Now, I know that Jah is a spirit. But am I not also a spirit? I am the physical manifestation of Jah, embodied as "Carla". So for me to think of God as black does not confine Him (and I use the term "Him" loosely). Rather, it defines Him...for me. You stated that Jah "has no body". Well, I say to you that Jah has EVERY body! So if you don't see Jah reflected in your physical as well as spiritual self, look a little closer! As FiyahBun said, "Jah is color and beyond color."

And by the way, what makes you think Jah made man out of "imperfect physical matter"? Gen. 1:31 states, "And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good."

Be blessed.

ital

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 04:50:59 AM »

greetings,  if  its  true  that  we  are  make  in  god  image,  that  mean  we  are  spirits,  because  the  creator  is  a  spirit,  i  know  that  iam  a  spirit  liveing  in  my  black  physical  body,  but  can  you  tell  me  what  colour  your  mind  is,  do  you  think  that  the  colour  of  the  spirit  that  is  liveing  in  the  black  physical  body  is  different  from  the  spirit  that  is  liveing  in  the  white  physical  body,  are  maybe  the  spirit  in  the  brown  body have  a  different  colour  as  well,  i  wonder  if  any  one  of  them  knows  what  colour  the  mind  is,  let  us  stick  to  the  topic  those  who  claim  that  god  is  black  must  show  why  god  is  black,  i  know  that  jah  is  not  black  and  my  intintion  is  to  try  my  best  to  explain  the  reason  why  i  know  that  jah  is  not  black  this  is  not  a  fight  it  is  only  reasoning,  fiyah  iam  supprise  you  advice  me  to  finish  such  a  nice  reasoning  iam  sure  our  reasoning  is  benefiting  some  one  somewere,  how  can  jah  be  black  when  it  was  jah  who  created   black  and  everything  else,  jah  is  reflected  in  the  physical  as  spirit,  but  i  will  ask  the  question  again  what  colour  is  your  mind  or  maybe  you  know  the  colour  of  your  own  spirit,  for  those  who  like  to  meditate  i  suggest  you  do  so  then  when  you  finish  tell  me  if  you  know  the  colour  of  the  mind.  one  love  RASTAFARI

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2005, 05:35:18 AM »

xcuse me if i as a non blackman say summthing here. it seems to me that yea spirit have no color yet where do tha spirit and body connect or end? i inna struggle to recover sorta to speak from white supremacy/uropean christianity. i was raised in the southern baptist church and god was white. i was in a brown church but we always had a white anglo minister.all history i learned in school was white, hell evan superman and tarzan were white. like i seen it said here ' half the story never been told' and the genius of the blackman to me is how he counters all that insanity with knowledge and wisdom. for the sake of all our children and young persons we (all people of color) must have our own history exposed and have our own god(s). everytime i'd look at the man on the quaker oats box i thought that was god! i know not all people of color think like i do but there are many of us that grew up with shame and not liking who we were. so i say symbols are powerful and jesus is a powerful symbol used by tha white supremist to keep all chained imo. having a black god is necessary for liberation. it's a giant step in the manifestation at this time for the evolution of our souls back to mother earth where we all come from and go back to imo-- no mind, pure life. can you show me the mind?
Whoever Brought Me Here, Will Have To Take Me Home - - -Rumi

ital

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2005, 11:44:22 AM »

greetings  bredrin  fiyah,  do  you  really  believe  that  what  the  two  empresss  say  on  this  tread  is  the  highest  truth,  in  my  opinion  they  are  no  where  near  the  highest  truth  an  nither  is  anyone  else  who  is  of  the  opinion  that  god  is  either  black  white  brown  or  yellow,  it  look  to  me  as  if  some  people  on  this  forum  are  friends  so  they  dont  reason  against  each  other,  but  agree  with  each  other  all  the  time,  well  iam  not  friendly  with  anyone        in  particular  so  i  dont  have  to  blindly  agree  with  anyone  weather  they  are  empresses  or  kings,  one  is  not  looking  for  enimies  in  reasoning  but  nither  is  one  looking  for  friends  either  what  we  are  after  is  truth,  if  my  own  mother  say  some  thing  and  it  was  wrong  i  will  tell  her  that  what  she  is  saying  is  wrong,   in  my  short  time  reasoning  here  on  this  forum,  i  have  seen  it  over  and  over  where  someone  reasoning  is  wrong  but  their  friends  usually  agree  with  it  anyway  as  if  they  are  afraid  to  critize  each  other,  read  this  tread  again  fiyah  do  you  really  believe  that  the  two  empresses  are  the  ones  with  the  highest  reasoning  on  this  subject, like  i  say  before  those  people  who  potrayed  god  as  white  are  stupid  people,  and  those  who  say  that  god  is  black  are  just  as  stupid  if  fact  they  are  more  stupid,  because  they  can  see  the  mistake  of  those  who  claim  that  god  is  white  but  they  are  doing  the  same.  one  love  RASTAFARI.

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: IS  GOD  BLACK.
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2005, 12:13:20 PM »

E.M.HTP!!!

I'm reading a lot of "no man can fahom God in sight so God has no color etc." talk. But on the other hand people see god similar to themselves. The latter is what is correct to me, and this has also has been express throughout history. Micheanglo said the reason why he drew the face of god white is because god made him in the image and likeness of god. So is he wrong? In saying that god is white? The fact remains that the first humans to write and express attributes about the most high. Were not creating a god that they expressed through themselves, as most people thinks. But they identified the most high with the fact that anything that had been created from that time & back had to be either one of 4 colors. Green, Blue/Purple, Gold/Yellow, and Black/Dark Brown. The color white was seen as a symbol of death. We wore white at funerals not black. Mummies were seen as wearing white bandages. Osiruis was always deplicted as wearing white with a green face! Meaning he was the ruler of the underworld (afterlife). So if you think that god/s has no color than your wrong and you don't know the most high. The Empress was correct in saying that god is within. But as me and my jamacian elders always discuss, the genesis verse of "let us make man in our image and our likeness". This verse reveals that god didn't create man, but another higher man created man. Z. Sitchin in his books "Gods of Eden" revealed that the jewish schlors hid this revealation from its followers. That the gods who created man is different from the god who created the universe. So this discussion is a bit confusing for me because of my knowledge of it. But it really confusing for me to read your threads because of your lack of knowledge of it! The womankind always basically makes more common sense in all aspects of metaphysical discussions. Why? Because they are on a balance natural cycle both seen and felt. So with that said I have to agree with the Empress on this as well. But it must be clarified that the bible doesn't state that God created man. It states that "Us" created man, Moses and/or writers of the bible put their emphasis on the verse implying that god did it. It should of stated "and the Lord God said I will create men". So I don't know if yall know but the bible has many different gods: God, Lord God, Lord, & I am. So who are you talking about?!?! LOL!!! And please don't say because god has different names, becuase if that were the case why not JUST SAY IT! LOL! Instead of creating confusion? God wants you confused? Maybe because they way the bible reads that just what he wants!
Ok to keep it simple if you want to talk about the non-african creator god it has to be the African! Considering who the author of the 1st 5 books etc. If you want to talk about creator god of the African, that's too deep for any of you for the sheer fact that you trying to determine the color of one out many gods appearances! If you want to talk about the creator of the universe god than you have to go back to the Nile Valley. They're the first on earth to write and teach about creation of the universe. So where should I start??

See the problem is your asking the wrong questions. Because the question you ask should help you overstand more of what we are living in. And I don't think anyone asking this question can get further in Rastafari. God is black because Haile Selassie I say so!

HRU
I DON'T COME TO BOW I COME TO CONQUER!!

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2005, 03:59:50 PM »

Ital, you have shown to I that you have spent no time reading the words of the Empresses and meditating upon them. You accuse others of following blindly when it seems that you are blindly following your own beliefs? Just a thought. You are still missing the point. The reasoning on this topic is much more complex and much deeper than the surface you are trodding on.

One

Jah bless

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2005, 04:22:53 PM »

Let i reiterate this again it is man who create god, seen.

InI kinda lost on this one Idren, are you saying that Jah nah exist? that its only a thing that humans made up?
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2005, 04:46:48 PM »

If the white man has the idea of a white God, let him worship his God
as he desires. If the yellow manís God is of his race let him worship
his god as he sees fit. We, as Negroes, have found a new ideal. Whilst
our God has no color, yet it is human to see everything through oneís
own spectacles,
and since the white people have seen their through
white spectacles, we have only now started out (late though it be) to
see our God through our own spectacles. The God of Isaac and the
God of Jacob let him exist for the race that believes in the god of Isaac
and the god of Jacob. We Negroes believe in the God of Ethiopia, the
Everlasting God---God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy
Ghost, the One God of all ages. That is the God in whom we believe,
but we shall worship him through the spectacles of Ethiopia.

--Marcus Garvey

Be blessed.

EmpressGong

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2005, 05:59:11 PM »

Blessed Love

BlessUp for the loving support amongst the Bredren and Sistren Carla here. WE are truly coming together and learning from one another. TRee I thank you for your post becuz I certainly learned a new afrospective. I shall meditate on these words.

ital I have decided that those who block Istory and refuse to see what Creation really is are not really worth de headache. You are arrogant in what you think you know and have lost my raspect to an extent. But keep living up none the less.

EmpressGong

ital

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2005, 06:20:02 PM »

greetings,  i  would  not  say  that  iam  blindly  following  my  own  beliefs  simpley  because  iam  not  a  believer,  iam  reasoning  about  what  i  know  not  what  i  believe,  i  ask  a  simple  guestion  witch  should  be  no  problem  to  one  who  knows  the  truth,  what  colour  is  your  mind,  if  iam  blind  then  it  is  up  to  those  of  you  who  can  see  to  lead  me  dont  forget  iam  your  brother,  the  idea  of  each  colour  haveing  their  own  god  is  a  strange  one,  i  know  jah  as  one,  the  sun  is  a  good  methapor  to  express  how  the  one  light  of  jah  shines  on  the  whole  earth,  iam  not  supprise  that  lots  of  you  are  upset  about  a   lot  of  my  posting  on  this  forum  the  truth  hurts  some  time,  it  is  a  double  edged  sword,  those  who  are  in  tune  with  truth  love  it  when  they  hear  it,  they  soak  it  up  like  how  sponge  soak  up  water,  but  those  who  are  out  of  tune  when  they  hear  it,  it  hurts  them  so  they  usually  attack  the  bearer  of  truth,  if  i  was  not  reasoning  fairely  surely  rasta  nick  would  find  reasons  to  ban  me,  the  forum  is  call  rasta  nick  forum,  if  he  did  not  want  someone  like  myself  who  dont  think  that  selassie  is  jah,  to  reason  on  this  forum  he  would  have  said  so,  and  make  it  part  of  the  rule  of  the  forum,  so  iam  not  breaking  any  rule  here  by  saying   selassie    is  not  god,  now  i  know  very  well  that  statement  like  that  will  offend  menny,  but  like  they  say  the  truth  is  an  offence  but  not  a  sin,  let  us  continue  to  reason  with  love  and  understanding.  one  love  RASTAFARI.

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2005, 06:54:30 PM »

Ises Rastafari massive, long time nuh post -

since ones waan seh deh Almighty isa "spirit", Ini ask can a "spirit" exist widout a temple/container?  cuz in Ini knowledge, any so called "spirit" widout a temple is a duppy/ghost, and Ini know deh I dem are not saying dat deh Irator of everything known tuh man is a dead spirit, huh?

deh phrase man mek god, is deh truest line spoken because all over Iration a nex ones god resemble dem, except for deh displaced Afreecans.  so from dat time tuh dis time Ini bun out colonialist/imperialist/babylonian perception and behold Iration through deh eyes of an Afreecan stranded in deh west, seen.

for a more logical/fundamentalist/churchical vibe, JAH is black widout apology because science has documented dat Afreecans can produce every other hue upon Iration but other ethnicities cyan produce I.  Afreeca is deh genesis of deh Ible regardless of what dem pastors whitewash deh sheeple wid, for Ini know dat Afreeca's youth are deh ancient of mysteries manifest in dark flesh as deh cosmos above and surrounding.  even through scripture it tells dat Jesse, David's fada was black, so it is written, then everyone through deh line must follow suit.

as Ini see it, dis question really should be a moot point once deh I dem accept Afreecan Supremacy as deh globe's natural order of maintaining equilibrium.  Istory shows dis time and time again.

free yuh mind from mental slavery, none but "ourselves" can free our minds

Haile I Bless

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2005, 07:16:02 PM »

Ital, no one is upset by your words. If anything we are frustrated at the close minded point of view you hold sometimes. When you said "the  idea  of  each  colour  haveing  their  own  god  is  a  strange  one" shows that you still have no idea of what the Empresses were speaking about. Yet you still refuse to meditate into this matter further? Why? Don't limit your own overstanding by confining the reasoning on this topic.

Big ups to the mighty wombmen on this topic who have come to truly humble and spread some true wisdom.

One

Jah bless

joeyb

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2005, 07:56:52 PM »

Empress_Carla, thank you for your thought, I'm mighty blessed by them: especially with the Garvey quote. I know see your views much clearer.

Excuse me if I earlier I sound pretentious, these views are my opinions  as I am not confident enough to claim I know the full nature of God and scripture.  I hold the Bible to speak for simple Man, so I interpret the word "image" as being metaphorical - but you're right: there is no reason why it can't mean physical, especially with the reasoning that God is seen through everyOne.

also, my wording concerning matter was inappropriate. what I meant to say was He made us out of inferior matter - inferior to the spiritual matter of the soul. physical matter can be scattered across the Universe - but spiritual matter can never be undone. for you: God is black, for Catholics, He is white but for me, He is without colour or form. this is how I see Him through my spectacles.

hope this helps.

OneLove

SeekingRastafari

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2005, 08:34:25 PM »

I believe that God is a almighty spirit. and is beyond any mans comprehension. I think the lord can be around us in any shape or form.
i think that for people to find comfort, man with give the the lord color to identify with him on a more personal level. any one can think and reason and say the lord created man and i am this skin tone so why wouldnt the have the same skin tone as me?
it is writien that God made man in the image of himself and when the lord made man he took him from the earth. the earths ground has many colors and none of them are white. man wasnt taken from the snow. so the lord when he made man, made him to have color. i dont think you can be made from the ground with out having color . so if man has color and was made in the image of God and the original man was black why wouldnt the lord be too?

Quest

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2005, 03:36:54 AM »

All one has to do is look at the color chart.  From Black you get every color.  So to answer the question... Yes JAH / God / ALAH is Black and every color we as man know about and more.  

Love all as your self

Quest
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.