Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: IS  GOD  BLACK.  (Read 33496 times)

ital

Re: IS  GOD  BLACK.
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2005, 05:07:41 AM »

bredrin  fiyah,  were  have  you  read  in  any  of  my  post  on  this  forum  where  iam  denounceing  selassie  your  making  an  assumption  and  your  wrong  of  cource,  i  have  spoken  no  bad  word  against  selassie  personally,  as  far  as  i  know  selassie  never  reveal  to  the  world  that  he  selassie  is  the  almighty,  one  of  god  soldier  yes  but  god  no,  the  i  was  a  follower  and  a  true  believer  in  the  powers  of  jah  so  i  would  never  denounce  selassie,  but  i  will  say  that  he  is  not  jah,  i  understand  that  the  physical  if  you  are  not  blind,  see  things  in  colour,  but  when  the  christ  is  risen  within  it  open  up  another  eye,  this  eye  like  you  rightly  said  fiyah  is  colour  blind,  untill  this  is  done  the  world  of  colour  will  continue  to  confuse  people, and  fiyah  i  was  not  making  assumptions  when  i  say  some  on  this  forum  go  along  with  every  thing  that  each  say,  even  when  one  can  see  that  the  other  is  wrong  they  wont  say  so  as  if  they  dont  want  to  offent  their  friends,  that  to  me  is  no  assumption,  just  read  lots  of  reasoning  on  this  forum  and  you  will  soon  see  what  i  mean,  any  way  back  to  the  main  topic  at  hand,  i  cannot  reply  to  every  one,  but  there  has  been  a  lot  of  responce  witch  is  all  good  reasonings,   but  i  did  ask  another  question  witch  no  one  respond  to,  i  will  ask  it  again, WHAT  COLOUR  IS  YOUR  MIND, one  love  RASTAFARI.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2005, 02:47:25 PM »

Ital, no one in this topic has followed each other blindly. It is clear you did not get the answers you wanted in this topic and are therefore making false assumptions. Next you try to change the subject to the mind instead of Jah. We should stick to the topic.

One

Jah bless

ital

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2005, 03:43:28 PM »

bredrin  fiyah,  to  me  the  sound  of  jah  is  the  wind  i  do  not  know  what  note  it  blows  in  weather  it  is  a  b  or  c,  but  i  do  know  that  in  this  life  the  breath  is  the  highest  note,  i  feel  it  but  i  cannot  see  it  so  to  me  it  is  nither  black  white  green  or  brown,  for  me  breath  is  higher  than  colour  and  sound  in  this  life,  if  one  did  not  have  breath  one  could  not  see  any  colour  or  hear  any  sound,  some  might  claim  that  the  breth  is  black,  others  that  it  is  white  or  yellow  or  brown,  but  because  iam  colour  blind  i  cannot  see  any  colour  in  the  breath, once  again  fiyah  iam  not  making  any  assumptions  when  i  say  that  on  this  forum  some  people  agree  with  each  other  no  matter  what,  any  fair  minded  person  who  spend  time  reading  an  reasoning  on  this  forum  will  clearly  see  what  iam  talking  about,  who  the  cap  fit  let  them  wear  it,  again  i  was  not  making  any  assumptions  when  i  say  that  people  always  attack  the  bearer  of  truth,  that  is  a  fact  bredrin  why  do  you  think  that  them  kill  jesus  for,  it  was  not  for  telling  lies  but  for  speaking  the  truth,  just  read  some  of   HIS  STORY  and  you  will  see  how  those  who  speak  the  truth  suffer  and  died  in  lots  of  cases  not  because  they  did  any  thing  wrong  but  because  they  speak  the  truth  and  the  truth  have  a  way  of  upsetting  people,  iam  not  trying  to  convince  any  one  but  it  is  my  right  as  a  man  to  say  what  i  know  weather  others  agree  with  me  or  not  all  i  can  do  is  to  be  truthful  to  my  own  self,  i  reasoning  with  all  kind  of  people  christians  muslim  hindus  shieks  and  all  kind  of  different   none  religous  people,  religous  people  usually  follow  their  own  holy  book,  i  follow  the  way  that  say  man  should  know  himself,  so  while  some  spend  time  knowing  a  book,  i  like  to  spend  my  time  knowing  my  self,  and  i  dont  mean  knowing  ital,  i  mean  knowing  the  highest  self  within,  that  highestself  is  who  iam  listening  to,  you  could  call  it  the  voice  within  it  is  like  the  wind  you  feel  it  but  you  do  not  see  it  some  call  it  conscience,  but  what  ever  name  one  choose  to  call  it  that  is  my  guide,  and  when  i  reason  with  any  one  all  iam  trying  to  do  is  to  try  my  best  to  let  them  understand  that  the  highest  truth  is  within  all,  but  people  in  general  have  no  faith  in  their  own  self,  their  faith  is  in  a  book  or  some  other  men  but  never  in  their  own  self,  they  will  have  faith  in  HIS  STORY, but  never  in  their  own,  it  has  been  said  that  i  do  no  know  the  highest  truth  well  that  is  another  assumption  witch  is  wrong  read  all  my  post  on  this  forum  and  you  will  see  that  i  have  always  been  reasoning  about  the  ways  of  the  truth  that  is  within  all  and  that  is  the  highest  truth  one  can  find  in  this  life,  dont  forget  ital  is  not  the  truth,  the  conscience  of  ital  is  the  truth,  ital  dont  own  conscience,  it  is  available  to  all,  it  speak  to  all,  but  the  great  mojority  do  not  listen,  so  they  dont  get  to  know  conscience,  one  love  RASTAFARI.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2005, 03:57:05 PM »

Ital, no one attacked you. You compare your "plight" to that of Jesus? Please. I am interested in the fact you speak so highly of your reasoning with others when you have spent no time to study and meditate on the wise words in this topic. You still do not overstand the point being made which shows you have either closed your mind or given up. Don't give up Idren!

One

Jah bless

Zipporah_O

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2005, 04:44:07 PM »

One Love

Seems to me this is kind of a physics question -- also depends on whether one believes Yah has a body or not, no?
I do not think He has a body, i pretty much go with the ancient understanding of God as a "spirit" or energy/consciousness Who exists both outside and within the physical universe. So, then, to me He cannot be either black or white, as used in reference to human skin colour variations.
But then we come to the physics part of it -- energy can take on different forms, and God is most often described as "light" (not meaning "pale", like "light-skinned", but light-energy); and when it comes to light-energy, "white" is the light containing all colours, and "black" is the complete absence of it. THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE etc. Just words and physics. So to me, i accept the description of God as blinding white light. At least that is how He often manifests, though i also accept the traditional view that no human has ever actually SEEN Him, just His "glory", meaning that blinding light. Moses' face was actually burned and glowing after he was allowed to see Yah's glory on the mountain.
Having said that, i do agree that symbolism is powerful, and that it is very significant and important that Rastafari have a black messiah and prophets, chosen by Yah to lead His people out of Babylon oppression and back into the garden of paradise in Zion. It is absolutely necessary at this time in the world, and of course Yah knows this. All glory and praise to Him!
Peace Idren!

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2005, 05:23:53 PM »

White reflects most of the visual colors of light. Where as Black absorbs them. One cannot see light and not see color!

Seen.

One

Jah bless

ital

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2005, 06:41:51 PM »

bredrin  fiyah  once  again  your  assumptions  about  me  are  way  off  the  mark,  if  you  want  to  say  that  iam  blind  then  please  say  so  yourself,  but  i  myself  never    tell  any  one  that   iam  blind,  like  i  said  before  some  people  on  this  forum  agree  with  each  others  post  all  the  time  it  does  not  matter  what  the  tread  is  about  for  this  reason  i  say  these  people  are  blind,  if  the  cap  fit  let  them  wear  it,  if  what  iam  saying  does  not  aply  to  anyone  on  this  forum  why  should  they  worry,  if  it  was  someone  else  apart  from  myself  that  say  what  i  said,  i  whould  not  think  that  they  was  refereing  to  me  because  i  do  not  take  side  with  anyone  but  the  truth,  i  never  call  anyone  name,  in  jamaica  we  have  a  saying  that  say,  throw  me  corn  but  me  never  call  no  fowl,  iam  not  afraid  to  stand  up  for  what  is  right,  iam  not  the  one  who  is  ignorant  bredrins,  but  those  of  you  who  believe  that  the  creator  is  either  a  black  man  or  a  black  being,  and  when  one  is  living  in  ignorance  one  hold  onto  all  knids  of  ignorant  belief,  believeing  god  to  be  black  is  not  a  fact  but  on  opinion,  that  all  beliefs  is  opinions  not  facts,  you  should   know  and  not  believe,  if  you  know  you  would  know  that  god  is  not  black,  so  to  anyone  who  see  god    as  either  black  or  white, i  would  say  brother  you  need  to  open  your  eyes,  then  again  not  everyone  is  alive  most  people  are  dead,  because  to  be  alive  you  must  know  the  higher  self  within,  if  you  did  how  could  you  then  put  either  the  bible  or  any  holy  book  or  holy  men  before  the  highest  self  that  is  within  yourself,  god  is  within  me  so  why  should  i  follow  jesus  when  i  can  follow  god  within  my own  self,  those  who  follow  other  men  weather  the  man  is  call  jesus  or  selassie,  i  say  these  are  blind  people  because  they  dont  know  their  own  self,  yet  they  are  full  of  knowledge  about  selassie  an  jesus  their  faith  and  belief  in  these  men  are  strong,  but  in  their  own  self  they  have  no  trust, but  they  dont  know  nither  jesus  or  selassie,  every  thing  is  base  on  belief,  witch  like  i  said  before  is  only  peoples  opinions,  all  believers  in  jesus  and  selassie  are  blind  and  will  remain  so  untill  they  know  their  ownself.  one  love  RASTAFARI.

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2005, 06:56:27 PM »

ital, FiyahBun was right. You need to simply shut this thread down because I see very little reasoning going on. Tell me, why is it if you think you are the "bearer of truth" you have spent so much time calling ones stupid and crying favoritism?

You told EmpressGong she needs to come off her high horse, but maybe you should come off of your own.

Be blessed.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2005, 07:12:42 PM »

bredrin  fiyah  once  again  your  assumptions  about  me  are  way  off  the  mark,  if  you  want  to  say  that  iam  blind  then  please  say  so  yourself,  but  i  myself  never    tell  any  one  that   iam  blind,

others  that  it  is  white  or  yellow  or  brown,  but  because  iam  colour  blind  i  cannot  see  any  colour...

By blinding yourself to color you have blinded yourself from the knowledge that can be gained off of the previous reasoning. If you are just going to argue, perhaps you should shut this down as sistren Carla stated. Don't let your blind eye blind others from gaining from the reasoning of others.

One

Jah bless

ital

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2005, 07:48:42 PM »

greetings  empress carla,  your  assumptions  that  i  spend  my  time  calling  people  stupid  on  this  forum  is  wrong,  it  would  be  wrong  of  me,  i  was  not  crying  when  I  say  that  there  is  faveoritism  among  some  on  this  forum  just  stating  a  fact,  you  say  this  tread  should  be  shut  down  because  there  is  no  reasoning  going  on,  if  you  have  some  better  reasoning  than  what  is  going  on  please  shear  it  with  us,  like  your  self  m dub  is  saying  the  same  thing,  saying  that  iam  argueing  when  all  that  iam  doing  it  reasoning  because  that  what  rasta  do  we  reason,  you  must  be  on  a  very  high  horse  your  self  empress,  i  doubt  if  you  read  what  empress  gong  said  for  me  to  tell  her  to  get  off  her  high  horse, your  not  the  only  person  who  is  reading  this  reasoning,  you  and  m  dub  might  want  an  end  to  this  topic  but  lots  more  people  are  following  the  reasoning  apart  from  yourself  and  m  dub,  m  dub  i  did  not  say  i  cannot  see  colour  with  my  physical  eye,  but  a  man  have  an  inner  eye  and  when  this  eye  is  open  it  does  not  see  things  in  colour  like  the  physical  eye  does,  one  love  RASTAFARI

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2005, 08:23:56 PM »

Bredren, why I gotta be on a high horse now? I didn't assume anything.

if  we  follow  the  ways  of  those  who  see  god  as  white  by  saying  god  is  black  we  will  be  just  as  stupid  as  them,  

like  i  say  before  those  people  who  potrayed  god  as  white  are  stupid  people,  and  those  who  say  that  god  is  black  are  just  as  stupid  if  fact  they  are  more  stupid,  

Those are your words. It is one thing to believe others are ignorant. Ignorance means someone simply doesn't know. Stupidity implies lack of logic or rationality. No one here is stupid if they can cite logical reasons for their conclusions.

Be blessed.

Jah_Prophet_I_Man

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2005, 12:54:52 AM »

[glb]Greeting in the name of the most high Jah Ras Tafar I.
I am glad that this is the subject of my first post here at Rasta Nicks forum. First of all I would like to thank Rasta Nick for creating a place for US to build on knowledge. Much respect brother.
Now onto the subject at hand. I am actually quite sickened by the thought process of my brothers and sisters here who have responded to such an ignorant question. Truth be told brothers and sisters, and as I speak these words to you my love for Jah bids me to humbly ask your forgiveness for my boldness, but my understanding of Jah almighty makes me bold. Sight? Is Jah black? Is Jah white? Ignorance is at work here, and ignorance is the foothold of evil. Do not be so concerned with such trivial information. If Jah is purple it does NOT matter! Jah created all humans in Jah's image. This doesnt mean the way we look it means our ability to love, forgive, laugh, cry, and smile. InI know this much is true, the trivial pursuit of answers to ignorant questions makes the fire of Jahs anger swell up and consume the inquisitor in confusion. That is why this ignorant question has brought only ignorant answers. The truth is Jah is NOT black or white. The holy word of the prophets tells us Jah is so pure and so good that no mans eyes can look upon him, any who would try will find himself stricken with blindness. A blindness that is not without just cause, any man who cares so much for the visage of Jah cares little for the all that Jah stands for. Sight?
Also I am brought to the point of rage seeing the name Allah used to refer to Jah almighty. Allah is a young god and a heathen god. The god of the sons of Ishmael son of Abram and Hagar. He is NOT Jah, the one true God of Israel, the God of Isac son of Abram and Sari. To allow Jah, whom I love so dear, to be desecrated in such a way would be a great sin on my part and that is why I have chosen to speak up on the matter. I am hoping to make many friends with my brothers and sisters here on the forum but know this. I will not be silent and allow racism and bigotry to run rampant on a site which bares the title of RASTA!!! I will speak out against many of the misconceptions and lies which pass for truth here. JAHS WILL IS PEACE, LOVE, AND EQUALITY FOR ALLLLLL HIS CHILDREN. Sight?
The time is now when a color of a mans skin means as little as the color of his eyes. Live Up Rastas, or at least try.[/glb]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 01:03:25 AM by Jah_Prophet_I_Man »

ital

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2005, 10:13:35 AM »

brother  prophet,  you  seem  like  you  miss  the  point  of  this  topic,  iam  not  saying  god  is  black  or  white,  but  there  are  others  in  the  world  an  also  on  this  forum  who  believe  so,  i  was  simpley  asking  those  who  believe  so  to  explain  why  they  believe so,  empress  in  this  world  every  thing  is  of  a  positive  an  negative  nature  logic  is  like  that  as  well,  those  who  are  doing  wrong  can  give  you  a  logical  an  rational  reason  for  doing  wrong,  just  because  they  can  do  this  dosen  make  them  right,  the  people  who  behave  like  this  is  the  ones  iam  refering  to  as  stupid,  i  know  that  jah  never  created  any  man  stupid  but  because  we  have  choice  some  of  us  choose  to  behave  stupid,  liveing  by  negative  logic  and  negative  rationality,  fiyah  again  i  will  say  your  assumptions  that  if  selassie  never  manifest  i  would  not  be  saying   RASTAFARI  in  this  time  is  wrong,  i  can  say  what  i  want  in  this  time  simpley  because  of  the  will  of  jah,  the  movement  of  RASTAFARI  is  not  just  about  reasoning  on  a  computer  nither  has  it  ever  been  for  just  people  who  believe  that  selassie  is  god,  surley  iam  not  the  first  ras  that  you  meet  that  tell  you  that  man  is  not  god,  god  dwell  in  selassie  like  he  does  in  everyone  else,  god  is  in  man  but  man  is  not  god,  and  fiyah  iam  not  the  one  following  babylon   church  and  christian  mentality,  it  is  those  who  believe  that  selassie  is  god  that  follow  the  ways  of  babylon  they  use  the  bible    to  justify  this  claim,  they  are  experts  in  holy  books  and  HIS  STORY,  have  great  knowledge  about  selassie  and  jesus,  but  they  dont  know  their  ownself,  iam  not  hear  to  fight  against  RASTAFARI  but  to  fight  for  RASTAFARI  the  ways  of  FARI  is  love  not  just  for  some,  some  times,  but  for  all,  at  all  times.  one  love  RASTAFARI.

Zipporah_O

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2005, 05:16:59 PM »

Blessed Love

Zipp
I don't don't know how you refer to Yah as He and then say He has no body. Where is there that Jah is not?
Also it is not that Black is the complete absence of color. White reflects most of the visual colors of light. Where as Black absorbs them. One cannot see light and not see color! Life cannot exist without color. People who do not know this is living in ignorance. Seeing Color is not division it is perception.

I refer to Yah as He for the same reason as the Hebrews, b/c there is no neutral gender in the language -- everything must be either masculine or feminine. In English, yes we have a neutral gender, but it is not used when referring to a being or entity, only objects. To refer to Yah as "It" just sounds kind of blasphemous. Forgive my ignorance, i am fairly new to this, so is there an accepted neutral way of referring to Yah in Rastafari? If so, i will certainly use it.
I agree that there is nowhere Yah is not. Yah is everywhere, within and without, permeating all Creation. But not limited by it.
Also i agree about seeing colour... i was not tryin to say that we should not see colour, it is an important and beautiful part of Yah's Creation and Yah made it for a reason, obviously. But in the reasoning i follow,  it is impossible for us to know what colour Yah is or is not, b/c all we can see are the Glory and the created manifestations of Yah, which are all different. So yes, Yah could be black, or white, or whatever... but what i say is, if the reflected Glory is blinding light, then how can the Source be black? Black absorbs all the light, that's what a black hole is in space, so there would be no blinding Glory. If i am wrong, please show i how.

One Love.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2005, 05:30:36 PM »

A neutral term for Jah is Jah.

So yes, Yah could be black, or white, or whatever... but what i say is, if the reflected Glory is blinding light, then how can the Source be black? Black absorbs all the light, that's what a black hole is in space, so there would be no blinding Glory. If i am wrong, please show i how.

This has already been answered:

White reflects most of the visual colors of light. Where as Black absorbs them. One cannot see light and not see color!

One

Jah bless
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.