Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Selassie Claiming He Is Plain Man - Your Take?  (Read 28315 times)

Positive_Vibration

Selassie Claiming He Is Plain Man - Your Take?
« on: July 16, 2005, 04:44:13 AM »

Greetings.

Let me first say that I know and FEEL that Selassie said Christ is beyond religion and fully overstand HIM's divinity and HIM being Jah in the flesh.

I however ask for your take on this Selassie I quote. It is the same one that lead Marley himself (before his seperation into the energies,) and twenty years later Marcia Griffiths to believe that Selassie is just a normal man.

"I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity."

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 04:44:43 AM by Positive_Vibration »

joeyb

Re: Selassie Claiming He Is Plain Man - Your Take?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 01:29:06 PM »

The Bible makes the prophesy that many will come claiming to be the Christ - but this claim reveals them as false prophets. So many Rastaman say that this is why Selassie I denied being divine: if H.I.M. were to admit it- H.I.M. wouldn't be it.

However, isn't it possible that H.I.M. simply wasn't divine, H.I.M. was telling the truth? The Messiah might tiptoe around the subject in a "not saying I am, not saying I'm not" sort of way - but wouldn't flat out deny it. I know many will say this is to fulfill prophesy: but if Christ is indeed perfect - then wasn't the claim "I am not divine" a lie?
just some thoughts to reason pon, any ideas?

OneLove

ArkI

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 03:28:28 PM »

Here is a a post I made before about this interview:

------------------------------------
Selassie I is One with Jah, Selassie I is Jah.

A lot of people use the interview answer below to say that Selassie is not Jah. But it is just misinterpretation of his words.

Bill Mc Neil: "there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."

Selassie I: "I had heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that 'I am a man,' that 'I am mortal,'(I have heard that an Ethiopian that listened to this interview said that Selassie I never said mortal) and that 'I would be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity.'"

When I look at RasTafarI's answer, this is how I Iverstand it. He showed the people that he is a man, and will be replaced by the oncoming generation. Selassie I was born of mother and father, just like I and I, so he didn't come out(emanate) of God, any more than I and I. Both I and I and Selassie I came from the lineage of Adam and Eve.

Notice that he said that a human cannot emanate from God, but he never said that a human cannot be God. I and I can be God, but only by being One with Jah. I and I can't be God separate from Jah, as two gods. But I and I can only join with Jah, to be One with him, as One God.

Selassie lives by the example of Christ, so he became One with Jah by his destiny and livity. And all of I and I can also be One with Jah, by I and I livity. Selassie I said that "we should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity". This statement shows I that no man, not even the Son of Man Christ, emanated (or came out) from God. Christ was born of his mother Mary, and by his destiny and livity became One with Jah.

Jah first sent Christ born from a virgin, to show I and I the way to live. But afterwards, people made the excuse that they can't live without sin, or be One with Jah. They made the excuse that because Christ was born differently, that it was possible for him to live this way, but not for us, because we are born from mother and father.

So Jah sent RasTafarI to I and I, to show I and I the way to live. Haile Selassie I was born of mother and father, just like I and I, so we no longer have the excuse that we can't live without sin and be One with Jah. If Selassie I can be born like I and I, and still live without sin and be One with Jah, then I and I can do the same.

So I and I should know that it is not about I and I coming out of God to be One with Jah. But it is about I and I going to God to be One with Jah. And I and I go to God by living in His way and listening to His instruction and joining ourselves with the Most High.

Jah RasTafarI is One with Jah, and like I already said about One. One is One in completeness, no separation, and no parts. And I and I are supposed to be One with Jah also, this is the way to reach Zion, because no sin shall not enter in.
------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 03:30:46 PM by ArkI »

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 05:45:41 PM »

E.M.HTP!!!

Good one Ark!

Well Selassie said he is a man!

Why does everyone think or feel that Selassie speaks in parables? Christ didn't speak that way! The writers of his story did! So now Selassie comes out and say that he doesn't come from god. And you feel this means he is not the son of god. Because he has a mom and dad. Well he just saying that if Selassie is god and christ than so is TREE-NATTY! LOL! Christ means anointed in this modern time. Which Selassie was during his coronation. But it also means savior in this time as well. But who did Selassie save? Ethiopians have respect for their past emperors. But if you know the reason why Ethiopia rose against Selassie, and it was ALL of ethiopia! Then you can overstand his statement, just as a man we make mistakes and gain experiences. This is what Selassie was saying that he is not perfect, in a world thats not a perfect place, compared to Christian doctrine. But he was perfect in the christian doctrine......... This is what Ethiopia went thru during his coup. They knew that Selassie was the perfect christian but that wasn't needed for the modern world. Those that believe in him believes in christianity, and he is the fullment of the christian doctrine. For he Selassie felt he lead the perfect christian way, so anyone one against him was against god.

HRU
I DON'T COME TO BOW I COME TO CONQUER!!

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 08:58:30 PM »

Seen. I give thanks for Fiyahbun, Ark I, and Tree Natty all coming to reason on this topic.

I fully and wholly overstand that Selassie I is one with Jah. That Christ is beyond religion and is consciousness, and that Selassie I lived in the highest consciousness and was the annointed king of king and lord of lords.

I guess my confusion was more in HIM saying that he'd be replaced by the oncoming generations. Whether he meant through divinity or through goverment power. For I know that HIM is living to this day in the Iternal energies.

Thank you though. All your posts are most appreciated.

One love

joeyb

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 09:02:59 PM »

"Notice that he said that a human cannot emanate from God, but he never said that a human cannot be God. I and I can be God, but only by being One with Jah."

I see your reasoning here, I understand.
But did Selassie I ever say that a human being can be God, by being One with Jah? Any quotes to support this? Because I haven't seen H.I.M. believe this.

just curious, I like your reasoning. ultimately, I see Selassie I divinity as something that cannot be proven, except in One's own heart - but I'd love to hear some reasoning pon this - it interests me greatly.

OneLove

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 11:49:42 PM »

Ises,
Ini jest waan seh dat dis quote has been screw-tinized, anal-lies-ed, pondered, debated and reasoned on unceasingly since I-Majesty spoke dese very words.

Ini ask what I-Majesty was supposed tuh seh?  dat He is more dan a man?  was He not supposed tuh seh dat He would be replaced by deh oncoming generations, when in reality He was not followed by anyone pon deh Throne of David.

Tree, biggup unuself for an Istorically accurate reasoning.

Haile I Bless

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 06:45:56 AM »

"Notice that he said that a human cannot emanate from God, but he never said that a human cannot be God. I and I can be God, but only by being One with Jah."

I see your reasoning here, I understand.
But did Selassie I ever say that a human being can be God, by being One with Jah? Any quotes to support this? Because I haven't seen H.I.M. believe this.

just curious, I like your reasoning. ultimately, I see Selassie I divinity as something that cannot be proven, except in One's own heart - but I'd love to hear some reasoning pon this - it interests me greatly.

OneLove

Are you waiting for him to come out and say "I am Jah! All hail!"

My brother, Rastafari is no cult!

If you want to see the divinity of HIM read ANY of his speeches. His words were those to save generations Iternally, (onto this day,) and you can see through his ACTIONS him's livity.

By achieving the consciousness he did, he BECAME Jah in the flesh, and was also annointed the King of Kings and Lord of Lords when he became emporer of Ethiopia. No one is denying that he came out of his mothers legs and that he used the toilet to relieve himself on a daily basis - he was human. Thats why we say Jah in the FLESH, that was his physical BODY, but the soul, which is INTANGIBLE, (therefore you cannot SEE it and so no concrete anything will appear before your own eyes,) was one and the same with Jah with NO seperation between the two.

It takes a higher consciousness to overstand this but please meditate on that and it will without doubt come.

One

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 05:14:19 PM »

Good post Fiyah. All words there are seen, agreed, and felt.

One

kinfokedez

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 09:05:22 PM »

Greetings to the collective

"I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity."

some Rasses explain it this way....

Jn 14:12  which reads:  

Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, becasue I am going to the Father.

Selassie:  I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation........"

as far as man emanating from a deity statement, man and woman come from man and woman, caw I know of no other species of man cept mortal.......

As I see it, no contradiction in this interview......no hollyweird special effects  'god'

Bless Up

newrasta

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 10:38:30 PM »

Greetings!

I love this thread!!!

I hae learned so much after only 12 posts! I was 90% percent sure of Selassie I' Divinity, but now I am 110% SURE that HIM Selassie I is Divine!

I give thanks to FiyahBun, Ark I, kinfokedez, and to Positive_Vibration for starting this thread. Thank you all!

Jah Bless.

Ras Evan

ArkI

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 11:31:19 PM »

joeyb, you said,
-------------------
-------------------

In the speeches of Selassie I, He didn't repeat every single thing that was written in the bible.  But Selassie I lived by the ways of God, and Selassie I is One in Spirit and agreement with Christ.  So you just have to look to what was said when Christ came in the days of the bible.

John 10
[32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
[33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
[34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
[35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
[36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
[37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
[38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Christ is referring to this scripture:

Pss.82
[1] God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
[2] How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
[3] Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
[4] Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
[5] They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
[6] I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
[7] But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
[8] Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 11:33:27 PM by ArkI »

ArkI

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 11:32:15 PM »

Christ is One with Jah, RasTafarI is One with Jah, and all that live for Jah are One with Jah. One is one in completeness, there is no separation in One. So Christ is Jah, RasTafarI is Jah, and all that live for Jah is Jah. One is what Christ told I and I to be, and is what Christ asked Jah to make us be.

John 14
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15
1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

John 17
9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 12:36:58 AM »

Good post Fiyah. All words there are seen, agreed, and felt.

One

E.M.HTP!

Vibe really? That was good and agreed pon? You must have checked out what he said? I came up with something different, what did you come up with?

Ark

Some of the John verses sound straight batty to me!!! Where is the Goddess in all this? Those verses sounds like Queer Eyes for Rastafar-i!!!!
LOL!

Still great post from before doe!

HRU
I DON'T COME TO BOW I COME TO CONQUER!!

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 01:37:33 AM »

E.M.HTP!

Vibe really? That was good and agreed pon? You must have checked out what he said? I came up with something different, what did you come up with?

Most everything in that post were things felt and agreed prior to reading it.

I'm very interested though - what is the something different you came up with?

Love and respect
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 01:38:03 AM by Positive_Vibration »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.