Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Selassie Claiming He Is Plain Man - Your Take?  (Read 28318 times)

joeyb

Re: Selassie Claiming He Is Plain Man - Your Take?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2005, 11:28:03 AM »

"The inclination to do wickedness resides in the lower nature of people. When one raises their consciousness and sacrifices the lower nature then one connects to the higher oneness."

Great words man, I see clearly your view on sin. But without being forgiven, doesn't wickedness just lay on our conscience - even after we've raised our consciousness (guilt.) For me, forgiveness (by someOne with the authority to forgive) is the only freedom from guilt.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.  
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.  

Thanks for these verses. But don't they refer to life post-Judgement Day: this is inferred by "At that day:"? For those who don't believe in Judgement Day (which is a fair argument), what other day is this? either way, it seems that these verses infer that Oneness with God is attained after (so-called) death.

"jesus  and  selassie  were  men  of  right  mind,  they  themselves  never  tell  anyone  that  they  were  god"

Any evidence behind this view? For if you refer to what Jesus said, the only source is the Bible, in which Jesus states He is the Messiah. As for Selassie I: well H.I.M.'s claims are what this whole thread is about, and it seems there is much more to H.I.M.'s words than meets the eye.

"if  you  was  a  god  before  once  you  enter  into  physical  life  you  become a  man  or  a  woman  not  a  god"

Most believe that Jesus (or Selassie I or both) was 100% God and 100% Man, please meditate on these words before attacking them - because it can take years of mental delibration to understand them.

"i heard a story about bobs mother said when he was in his death bed, she said" let jesus save you and he said no Jah rastafari"? any1 else heard that?"

I have heard (on television interview) Marcia and Rita both state that Bob's final words were concerning Jesus the Christ not RastafarI. but then again, Bob wasn't perfect: although I agree with him.

"I find it interesting and amusing that so many people must work so hard to denounce what others believe. Is it to justify their beliefs?"

M-Dub, you are quite right - to denounce is to reveal One's own insecurity. Just to clarify, I hope I do not come across as the denouncer, because I am learning as is everyOne. All reasoning out of love.

OneLove

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2005, 06:26:11 PM »

it  must  be  because  you  believe  in  selassie  and  i  dont,  but  that  is  the  difference  between  me  and  all  those  who  believe  in  either  jusus  or  selassie,

Please don't assume things Idren. You do not know what you are speaking of here. I have noticed that you assume things that are incorrect many times, saying people are attacking you, saying people are following blindly, and now, saying who I follow when you do not know. I think this is something to take note of if you do not know who you are. Much raspect.

One

Jah bless

ital

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 04:52:28 AM »

greetings,  m  dub,  if  you  have  someting  to  contribute,  to  this  reasoning  please  do  so,  if  your  not  a  follower  of  selassie,  then  just  tell  me  that  iam  wrong  in  thinking  so,  there  is  no  need  for  saying  that  iam  always  assumeing  things  that  are  incorrect,  like  i  say  if  selassie  is  not  your  saviour  just  tell  me  so,  so  that  in  the  future  i  will  not  make  that  mistake  again,  dont  bother  with  any  coy  reply,  I  have  ask  you  a  clear  question,  just  give  me  a  clear  answer.  in  jamaica  we  would  say  a  man  like  your  self  is  hideing  behind  the  bush,  well  i  would  like  you  to  come  from  behind  the  bush,  in  other  words  show  yourself,  I  dont  mean  you  must  show  yourself  so  that  i  can  see  you,  I  mean  in  your  reasoning.  one  love  RASTAFARI.

joeyb

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 11:43:36 PM »

Cheers for your point on guilt Fiyah: I will meditate on this before responding: you will hear from me again one day - but I must delibrate for now.

but to raise a couple of points:

1) Does anyOne believe that Selassie I is the First Messiah, not a Second Coming of Christ? What does this imply for H.I.M.'s statement ("Claiming He Is Plain Man")?

2) For those who believe in H.I.M. as Second Coming: many quote Matthew 24:5 as justification for H.I.M. statements.
what do you make of Jesus' comments in Mark 13:21? - "And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or. lo. he is there; believe him not."

the same sentiments are found in Matthew 24:23. I don't come to bash you with the Bible: I am simply yearning for understanding on this thread - which is key to my spiritual development (and I believe, everyOne's.)

OneLove

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2005, 12:33:29 AM »

How Can You Bash Rastafari with the Bible? [smiley=huh.gif]
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

Izreal

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2005, 02:29:54 AM »

Yuh cant find HIM in no Christian Bible.

joeyb

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2005, 07:37:37 PM »

EliJAH: I simply mean (by "Bible-bashing") I don't mean to thrust the Bible into people who don't feel the need for it, as many Idren don't. (read earlier posts and posts on Who Is The Messiah?)

Izrael: many Idren see H.I.M. in the Bible, prophesied as the Messiah. (second or first.) I agree that H.I.M. isn't in the Bible, but many believe H.I.M. is.

OneLove

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2005, 10:36:48 PM »

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

joeyb

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2005, 09:26:42 PM »

Fiyah: why is everything based on astrology and mathematics? I am struggling to understand why 2+3=5 (H.I.M.'s Earthday) automatically corresponds with Revelation 5.5. It looks like One has just added the two digits of the day and come up with a prophesy: I am struggling with this one. Why couldn't it be Corinthians 5:5 which talks about the "day of the Lord Jesus" or any other 5:5?
just trying to get my head round it all.

OneLove

joeyb

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2005, 09:59:48 PM »

thanks Fiyah: I'll try and read up on this 'fore I make my own comments on it (any good books?)

Sorry to keep asking questions: but as I have said, I wish to learn.
What do Idren make of Psalm 110:

"The LORD said unto my Lord..."
"Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek."

The first quote is referred to by Jesus in Mark 12:35-37, in which he explains that King David (Israel's greatest king) would consider the Messiah not just his son, but his Lord. this showed the Messiah would be more than just David's earthly descendent: he would be the Son of God (not one with JAH in the way that we all apparently are: saying we are all children of God is not the same.)

The second quote can be linked with Hebrews 5:5-6 (these 5:5 verses seem to be pretty key, eh Fiyah  [smiley=wink.gif]): which associates Jesus with High Priesthood (ordained by God: not Man, like Melchizedek.)
-Was H.I.M. ever referred to as the High Priest? (I don't know)

Any ideas Idren?

OneLove

ital

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2005, 02:09:04 PM »

bredrin   joey,   the    knowledge  of  the  bible  and  other  holy  books,  are  of  great  importance,  and  if  one  can  read  it  is  good  to  read  books  like  those, but  knowledge  is  not  wisdom,  to  know  wisdom  you  must  know  your  ownself,  what  is  the  point  of  knowing  the  bible  when  you  do  not  understand  your  ownself,  to  know  your  self  you  must  be  strieveing  to  live  good  with  your  fellow  human  beings,  if  your  not  doing  this  all  your  doing  is  repeating  other  peoples  ideas,  because  that  is  what  knowledge  is,  wisdom  is  when  you  know  the  truth  yourself.  one  love  RASTAFARI.

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2005, 02:15:17 PM »

to  know  your  self  you  must  be  strieveing  to  live  good  with  your  fellow  human  beings.

So, to know myself intrinsically, I have to act externally?

Be blessed.

ital

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2005, 06:02:25 AM »

greeting  empress  carla,  your  post  was  not  a  long  one,  but  you  sum  up  every  thing  that  i  have  been  trying  my  best  to  do  in  all  the  post  that  i  have  posted  on  this  forum,  IT  was  simpley  put,  but  the  simple  truth  is  always  the  best,  to  recap,  one  must  live  good  externally  if  they  want  to  reveal  the  light  within.  one  love  RASTAFARI.

ArkI

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2005, 05:03:18 AM »

Joey, in Psalms it says,

Ye are gods, and all of ye are children of the Most High.  But ye shall die like men and fall like one of the princes.

Not all people are One with Jah.  Like I said in the opening paragraph of I post:

Christ is One with Jah, RasTafarI is One with Jah, and all that live for Jah are One with Jah. One is one in completeness, there is no separation in One. So Christ is Jah, RasTafarI is Jah, and all that live for Jah is Jah. One is what Christ told I and I to be, and is what Christ asked Jah to make us be.  

Jah has created man to Live as Jah. One who knows what is righteousness and what is wickedness, but chooses righteousness. When we do this, I and I are truly in the image of Jah.

So Jah has given us an environment where we can either develop as One Like unto Jah, or as men separate from Jah. So men and women make choices, and choices bring about consequences, both for the chooser and who is affected by the chooser.

I and I have been given the choice to trod with Jah, or not to trod with Jah. Jah made I and I to have knowledge so that we can make changes within us and outside of us. So we have the power to build or destroy. If I and I are trodding with Jah, then we will build what should be built and destroy what should be destroyed. Sometimes certain things need to be destroyed. For example, the food we eat is destroyed by our teeth and enzymes, and then rebuilt to fuel and repair our body. Jah will keep I and I in the right balance if we Live by the example of Jah. If we are trodding against Jah, then we will live with imbalance and not do our part in this Creation, but we will be working against Life.

As I have said, we have been given the ability to build and destroy. These abilities are not evil, but are there to promote Life. Jah doesn't want I and I to only do good because we have no choice. Jah is developing a Perfect Creation that will choose righteousness, not because they were programmed to choose righteousness, but because they have risen up within themself and have chosen good over evil.

Jah knows all things and is not programmed by anyone, but can see and choose what Jah wants, and Jah always chooses to promote Life. Ye are Gods and all of ye are children of the Most High, but ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. When I and I Live by the example of Jah, then I and I will be a Creation that Lives in the image of Jah, and are not programmed by anyone, but can see and choose what I and I want, and I and I will always choose to promote Life.

So evil comes only from one place, from within ourself, it is our choice to make.

Choose Jah,

James 1
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

ital

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2005, 05:18:15 PM »

greetings  bredrin  ARK I,  your  post  is  the  truth,  if  one  live  by  the  advice  of  your  post  then  one  is  following  the  ways  of  jah,  confuseion  come  in  because  we  have  a  choice,  and  we  dont  always  choose  the  ways  of  jah,  but  if  you  dont  choose  the  ways  of  jah,  our  ways  will  always  be  confuse,  some  think  that  the  ways  of  jah  are  written  in  holy  books,  and  so  it  is  if  you  can  read,  but  the  ways  of  jah  lies  within,  whatever  is  written  in  holy  books  that  is  true  are  false,  have  to  come  from  within,  so  the  true  source  is  within,  but  in  general  people  would  rather  put  their  faith  in  their  bibles  than  in  their  own  inner  self,  they  have  no  trust  in  the  source,  they  believe  faithfully  in  jesus  but  in  their  ownself  they  have  no  trust,  how  can  the  spirit  of  jah  reside  in  man  yet  man  have  no  faith  in  this  spirit.  one  love  to  all  who  reside  on  planet  earth  RASTAFARI.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.