Rasta Nicks Forum Rasta Nick's Forum - rastafarian - Reggae - Haile Selassie
April 18, 2014, 11:40:54 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Rasta Nicks Forum and Rasta-man.co.uk are privately funded. Please help keep Rasta Nicks Forum and Rasta-man.co.uk running by making a donation via Pay Pal - it's fast, free and secure!
Or ya could just buy some seeds
Google Custom Search
News: check out the chatroom
Rasta Nick's Forum - rastafarian - Reggae - Haile Selassie  
   Home   Help Member Map Donations Login Register  

Buy Marijuana Seeds

or go to www.seedsman.com

Subject Statistics
Topic: Rasta View On Gays? Replies: 155 posts
Read 20806 times 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Rasta View On Gays?  (Read 20806 times)
Mike

« on: August 10, 2005, 06:19:53 PM »

What are your views on the Sodomites?I believe they are gonna destroy the youth by making Gay marriage equal to traditional marriage.They care not for the youth but for their pervertedness.Thoughts?
M-Dub
Veteran User

Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present

unknown
Browser:
unknown

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 06:37:54 PM »

Greetings and peace.

There is not one Rasta view on gays, rather there are many. There are different views on how to approach or not approach them and many are unsure of their stance. I myself am one of them. I am all for freedom and liberty, at the same time, I am conscious of what is natural and what is not. From a lot of my most recent study I have come closer to the conclusion that homosexuality is indeed a choice. This is a tough one.

One

Jah bless
ital

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 07:21:25 PM »

Geetings  If  it  is  a  choice,  then  one  is  free  to  chose  whatever  one  want  to   choose,  weather  the  choice  is  right  or  wrong,  Is  a  different  matter,  personally  i  do  not  agree  with  those  who  make  that  choice,  but  i  will  deffend  their  right  to  make  that  choice.  one  love  RASTAFARI...
M-Dub
Veteran User

unknown
Browser:
unknown

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 07:27:37 PM »

Great post ital.

One.

Jah bless
EmpressCarla
Veteran User

United States United States

Rasta wombman live up!

unknown
Browser:
unknown

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 07:38:09 PM »

personally  i  do  not  agree  with  those  who  make  that  choice,  but  i  will  deffend  their  right  to  make  that  choice.  one  love  RASTAFARI...

Hetepu

I don't overstand, ital. Can you elaborate? You will defend someone's right to be wrong? You would stand up and defend untruth? Why not try to help them see the light? I'm not saying ones should bash gays. Yet I have come to see how if wickedness is left to flourish, it affects us all directly and indirectly.

Although I have had gay friends in the past, I support them but I am not in support of their lifestyle. I believe homosexuality to be immoral and unnatural, for there is no creation in it. And as a wise bredren once told me, "if it's not creation, it's all masturbation."

Be blessed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 08:04:18 PM by Carla » Logged
TREE-NATTY
Veteran User

Rasta man live up

unknown
Browser:
unknown

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 09:11:23 PM »

E.M.HTP

Empress Carla that was awesome!

Gays and what a rasta think about them? when most speak about gays its mainly about gay men. But as far as women are concern I have a different outlook that is universally sound! Take that a man is a minus and a woman a plus, since she gives birth and life. Two minus makes a greater minus! But two pluses makes creation. This is why men in African legacy had more than one wife. We Africans were the first to practice this! Some time we would have 2 women at once! So for me to say gay women are wrong that's not what the universe say! But for two men to be together is gross. I mean something has to be clearly wrong with you if you love to smell another man backside! But flip the scene and some women love their body and how it can be stimulated that who else could do it better than another woman. We man know this about ourselves as well but know a woman is better stimulation to us because she created us! So yeah women rules, only she has the natural true ability to make that choice. Not a man
I feel the only reason gay relationship exist because the family of a people has been terribly disrupted! Thru western living and commerce! This type of behavior was not known to African or any people from the east. So I blame the social order of the west for its outbreak now. Before it was just about power, and so many rich and powerful men feel that a woman in their bed wasn't good enough. And since they had the ways and means why not try something new!

HRU

I DON'T COME TO BOW I COME TO CONQUER!!
Positive_Vibration

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 10:21:12 PM »

Good reasoning from one and all.

As far as the Rasta view on gays - to my knowledge - one and all see and feel it is sexual corruption, however I've seen various positions on how to act pon this. Some will stand back, let the wicked do their bussiness, (as far as that particularly goes,) and say "one love," and some more geared toward the Bobo perspective blaze fiyah pon the banty boy. It is the very Euro-centric countries that SPREAD this sexual corruption that close their door to the Rastaman for this however. Buju Banton and Sizzla have just recently been allowed back to the USA.

So then it is iniverally felt in Rastafari that it is sexual corruption, but there are varying methods on dealing with it - to answer your question.

Now as far as two women getting together - I must say that the "if it's not creation, it's all masturbation," quote stands still - however I overstand your perspective, Tree. The problem more though, is in women that close themselves off from men and go off and have gay marraiges themselves! There is no creation there either - and I see a just about equal amount of backward thinking.

Thanks be given for all perspectives and to the most high.

One love
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 10:22:54 PM by Positive_Vibration » Logged
M-Dub
Veteran User

unknown
Browser:
unknown

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 10:42:22 PM »

Great points Positive.

I have to say I agree with Carla's post as well. One cannot promote one type of homosexuality and speak harshly of another. This is discrimination. I see Tree's point, but no matter how you try to justify it, it is unnatural.

I believe ital's point (correct me if I am wrong) was that he supports choice. Jah has given all freedom, so for us as huemans to try to limit that freedom of choice is to work against Jah. Now, I am not saying that we should sit back and do nothing, I am saying people should have the choice to do as they wish. Then those who wish to help them can choose to help or to not help.

One

Jah bless
msgal
Veteran User
United States

Aquarius   Blue Monkey - Plays MagicOvertone

Rasta man live up

unknown
Browser:
unknown

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 10:59:16 PM »

Fiyahbun said that there are really 2 choices
the choice for right or the choice for wrong
(my paraphrase)
I think this about sums it up.
We all have to choose right from wrong.
But that doesn't mean that the rest of us have to support or encourage a wrong desision.
I look at it as I love the person, but that doesn't mean I agree with the choices made.

I don't think it's ok for women and not for men. As was already stated unnatural is unnatural in all it's forms. There is no justification for gay or lesbian sex.

Jah bless

One love

Jah bless. I and I love you all.
EmpressCarla
Veteran User

Rasta wombman live up!

unknown
Browser:
unknown

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »

Hetepu

I have to say, I have always been perplexed by the notion that a woman can please another woman better than a man. I can only speak for myself but it is the very fact that a man is so unlike me that draws me to him. In a man, I desire strength and virility and also the ability to enter my mind and capture it. A woman cannot do that to me. She is too much like me. In general, women are soft. It is the hardness that attracts me to the man (and I don't mean that literally).

While a woman can relate in that she knows what touch feels nice, it does not necessarily follow that she can perform, and she can NEVER capture my mind. I have no desire to surrender to a woman. Surrender and receive what???

You wanna know what I really think? EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Just my opinion, though.

Be blessed.
ital

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 01:09:38 PM »

Greetings  Empress,  Like  M  Dub,  Rightly  explain  my  support  is  for  the  freedom  to  choose,  I  did  not  say  that  i  support  every  thing  that  people  choose.  one  love  rastafari...
chesarion

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 07:34:21 PM »

It is not our right to judge anybody, so as far as i see, there's nothing wrong or right in being gay. But the Bible teaches us that homosexuality is a sin, so in my point of view, as a Orthodox, i must warn that homosexuality is wrong, not because i say so, Because Almighty God say so......Because i Love each am every human, i cannot sit and watch them go the wrong way, but I cannot do anything more than Warn a man he's wrong....So, I just warn, i don't blame....I respect everyone's chioce, because Judgement Day will come and everyone will realize where he went wrong!
newrasta

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 09:34:13 PM »

Greetings!

Let I first say, being gay is unnatural. But no one should condemn anyone for breaking Jah's law, that's for Jah and Jah alone to do. Personally, I think being gay is unnatural and gross. But I don't overstand why people get so worked up when a gay wants to get married. Who cares?! If they want to get married, let them. It is not for us to say who can get married and who can't.

Aren't there more important things to be fighting? Things that actually harm others? The only thing that two gay men could do is make someone say, "eww." I think if someone is gay then they were always that way, when they were born something happened in their brain chemistry to make them attracted to the same sex. I'm not saying that others could choose to be gay, I believe that as well, but I think the majority of gays are born that way. I don't like gayness, but of course, I do not condemn it, as no one else should. Let the judgement be with the Fiyah!

Jah Bless.

Ras Evan
M-Dub
Veteran User

unknown
Browser:
unknown

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 09:57:41 PM »

I think if someone is gay then they were always that way, when they were born something happened in their brain chemistry to make them attracted to the same sex. I'm not saying that others could choose to be gay, I believe that as well, but I think the majority of gays are born that way. I don't like gayness, but of course, I do not condemn it, as no one else should. Let the judgement be with the Fiyah!

I disagree with this statement. How can being gay be unnatural but someone was created that way. Woudln't that make it natural? I believe that some people create a reality that is false and choose to be gay, perhaps without even realizing it. Some say "Well I didn't choose to be gay, if I could choose I wouldn't be". The fact is, commiting gay acts is in fact making the choice to be gay. One can choose abstinence if they are truly not attracted to the opposite sex.

One

Jah bless
newrasta

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 10:15:14 PM »

I disagree with this statement. How can being gay be unnatural but someone was created that way. Woudln't that make it natural? I believe that some people create a reality that is false and choose to be gay, perhaps without even realizing it. Some say "Well I didn't choose to be gay, if I could choose I wouldn't be". The fact is, commiting gay acts is in fact making the choice to be gay. One can choose abstinence if they are truly not attracted to the opposite sex.

One

Jah bless

Seen! Let I try to clear it up...

I think being gay is unnatural, but when something happens to one's brain during birth that makes them attracted to the same sex that makes it THEIR natural thinking. But at the same time their natural process is unnatural to Jah.

Haha, I'm kind of confusing Iself on this one, I'll probably have to think a bit more about this before I post again.  
Rasta Nicks Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 K-Detection © 2007
  Print  

Jump to: