Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Rasta View On Gays?  (Read 39171 times)

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
Re: Rasta View On Gays?
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2005, 05:53:21 PM »

Using your logic of "All of creation is perfect and was created as it was meant to be" then we can come to the conclusion that homosexuals were born this way because they were meant to.

You are assuming that people are born into homosexuality. If this is your belief, then so be it, but you reason as if it is fact. It is not a fact. What I meant by creation is perfection, is that we are all created how we were meant to be, defect or not. Is being gay a defect? I definitely do not believe so. As Empress Carla said, we are born with choice. Choice does not have limits.

When you say they could choose to shun that behavior you are saying that they should shun the way they were born!

Again, you assume that homosexuality is something people are born with. This has never been proven and I don't believe it will be.

If our sexuality was a choice then i guarantee you every homosexual would change to heterosexuality

How can you guarantee this? Are you a homosexual? If not, then how can you make such a statement? There's a difference between knowing something and having an idea about something. From the homosexuals I have spoken with, this is not true at all.

Killing and homosexuality cannot even be put into the same perspective. I shouldn't have to explain this, but just in case, homosexuals don't affect anyone but themselves and their partners/wives/husbands whatever. Killers obviously affect more than one person because they killed someone.

Am I missing something? Who compared sexuality to killing?

To all the people who have "Love" or "One Love" in their signatures but whoa re against homosexuality, why must we be greedy with love?

Who's being greedy with love? One love is one love, not some love or partial love. By the way, you're asking questions without answering any of mine that I asked in my last post. Is there a reason for this? I would very much appreciate if you'd answer the questions.

One love.

One people.

One planet.

One King.

Jah bless.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2005, 05:58:10 PM »

Interesting read... reading that article and hearing people on these forums has definetly been a turn off to the Rastafari religion for me... where is the love?

Just saw this post. I don't know what that article has to do with RastafarI. Rasta is no religion. No one on here is trying to sugar coat things or turn you on to RastafarI. You are looking outward too much instead of looking inward.

One

Jah bless

hulet

« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2005, 06:00:27 PM »

m-dub you never asked me any questions... the quotes you quoted and asked questions to where not from my posts. you were one of the people whose postings i was impressed with cuz i do feel that everything is born the way it was meant to be.

hulet

« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2005, 06:05:44 PM »

and i have many gay relatives and many gay friends... each one, while still being proud of who they are and their sexuality, have said to me that it would be much easier if they would've just been born hetero. i know it's not a proven fact that people are born homosexual, but i still believe it to be true. there are some people (mainly immature teenagers) who think it's cool to be "different" and pretend that they are bi-sexual or homosexual for atttention, but if you have a one-on-one talk with someone who is actually gay you know by their voice and their eyes that it is no choice.

EDIT: there was a man/woman who said that some people are born killers so should they be exempt... that was who i was reffering to with that comment-- and in the article... i was using both the article and views on here to come to the conclusion that since homosexuality is wrong in the bible, that homosexuality is wrong to rastas
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 06:13:04 PM by hulet »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2005, 06:10:46 PM »

hulet,
No man, I'm just using your logic, you say that because you are born with this urge you say it should be right. A killer might claim the same thing, how can we know the difference? And homosexuals affect more than one person too, you saying you alone in the act? What you are doing is affirming your partner that what you are doing is right, even when it isn't, so thus you affect someone else than yourself.

And you are free to love every one, in fact it would be your obligation, nothing wrong with loving the same sex. Love is for everyone, but if you a brother, why have sex with another brother? Makes no sense man.

OneLove
RASTAFARI

hulet

« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2005, 06:17:14 PM »

hulet,
No man, I'm just using your logic, you say that because you are born with this urge you say it should be right. A killer might claim the same thing, how can we know the difference? And homosexuals affect more than one person too, you saying you alone in the act? What you are doing is affirming your partner that what you are doing is right, even when it isn't, so thus you affect someone else than yourself.

And you are free to love every one, in fact it would be your obligation, nothing wrong with loving the same sex. Love is for everyone, but if you a brother, why have sex with another brother? Makes no sense man.

OneLove
RASTAFARI

But the partner you have homosexual sex with is already homosexual and believes it is right... (when i say you i mean hypothetically not lieterraly you  [smiley=smiley.gif] )

The main difference between our point of views is that I believe you are born gay, and you believe it is a choice. I am not going to convince you of my side and neither are you so we are really running in circles. BTW, this was just a discussion and I still have respect for everyone I have argued with, we just share different views.   [smiley=smiley.gif]

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2005, 06:17:55 PM »

m-dub you never asked me any questions...

My apologies, I meant to differentiate between you and nottydread.

but if you have a one-on-one talk with someone who is actually gay you know by their voice and their eyes that it is no choice.

How can you tell who a person is from their voice and eyes? You must have some abilities that I myself and others lack. I've never heard of anyone being able to know someone from their eyes and voice. Also, acting out their urges is a choice, period, whether you believe homosexuality is a choice or not. I have had such a discussion and the person told me that after their first experience with another man they thought they weren't gay.

i was using both the article and views on here to come to the conclusion that since homosexuality is wrong in the bible, that homosexuality is wrong to rastas

Homosexuality is wrong to the conscience. It is far beyond words or books. If one has the spirit within, this is something they will know.

One

Jah bless

hulet

« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2005, 06:23:33 PM »

m-dub you never asked me any questions...

My apologies, I meant to differentiate between you and nottydread.

but if you have a one-on-one talk with someone who is actually gay you know by their voice and their eyes that it is no choice.

How can you tell who a person is from their voice and eyes? You must have some abilities that I myself and others lack. I've never heard of anyone being able to know someone from their eyes and voice. Also, acting out their urges is a choice, period, whether you believe homosexuality is a choice or not. I have had such a discussion and the person told me that after their first experience with another man they thought they weren't gay.

Jah bless

What i mean by the eyes and voice is that when someone is truly speaking with their heart and not lying, you can tell. You can tell by looking at someones eyes if they are happy or sad... regardless of whether they are smiling or not. That was the point i was trying to make, that we all have a little lie detector within all of us.

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2005, 06:52:05 PM »

Blessings

Whether or not someone is born gay is irrelevant. As has been stated by myself and others, everyone has the ability to choose their actions. Or is there some unknown force within the gay person that makes them act out their homosexual urges?

Furthermore, just because one has friends or family that are gay, that does not make it okay. One can still love a gay person without supporting their gayness.

Bottom line, homosexuality is about sex. Not love. Being gay is about fulfilling the desires of self. Rastafari is for the benefit of ALL. So one cannot conclude that because certain ones on a Rasta forum do not support homosexuality that Rastas are not acting in love. This is about truth! And the loving thing to do is to always tell the truth.

And lastly, homosexuality most certainly affects more than the participants. What do you think happens to a young person's mind when they are exposed to such things? Confusion. Most of the problems that adults face are rooted in some childhood exposure to something. As homosexuality is promoted it gains wider exposure. And in my personal opinion, this is not a good thing.

Be blessed.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2005, 07:04:04 PM »

Great post Empress. This truly took my attention especially:

Bottom line, homosexuality is about sex. Not love. Being gay is about fulfilling the desires of self. Rastafari is for the benefit of ALL. So one cannot conclude that because certain ones on a Rasta forum do not support homosexuality that Rastas are not acting in love. This is about truth! And the loving thing to do is to always tell the truth.

What i mean by the eyes and voice is that when someone is truly speaking with their heart and not lying, you can tell.

You can look into the eyes of a robber and ask him if he was born that way, if he believes he was, then he is not lying when he says 'yes'. His perception creates his truth. (not to compare robbers with homosexuality, but anything can be put there)

One

Jah bless

hulet

« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2005, 08:56:45 PM »

To say that homosexuality is all about sex and not love is pure ignorance. I'm truly disappointed that people who claim to support peace and unity see homosexuals as an object uncapable of love. I'm done with this discussion.

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2005, 09:05:58 PM »

Blessings

To say that homosexuality is all about sex and not love is pure ignorance. I'm truly disappointed that people who claim to support peace and unity see homosexuals as an object uncapable of love. I'm done with this discussion.

Where in my post did I say homosexuals were objects "uncapable" of love??? hulet, you are reading with your own interpretation. When I speak of homosexuality I am not talking about the individual. For all individuals are divine. I am speaking of the wickedness of the act that some individuals CHOOSE to partake of. So if anyone is objectifying gay people, it is you.

And if you choose to be done with this discussion, is it because you cannot defend your position?

Be blessed.

hulet

« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2005, 09:13:57 PM »

I'm choosing to end being a part of this discussion because I feel neither my side or your side are going to sway the other. Plus, I feel very strongly about this issue so I don't want to get in shouting matches with anyone, because I realize that we have differences and I do not want to have these differences influence my view of you as a person. I believe everyone of you is a good person and has a huge heart, I just don't think this was the best way to break into the forums[smiley=smiley.gif] and meet people lol.
No hard feelings at all. Peace

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2005, 09:50:29 PM »

Blessings

Certainly there are no hard feelings. We are reasoning the point in order to come to a better overstanding of this issue. That's all. It is my opinion that for me to truly know something I must be able to validate my knowledge. Since coming to this forum, there have been many things that I once believed that I now do not hold as my belief. I try to dig deeper. Some of my views have been validated and I have a deeper understanding. Some views have been tested and did not hold water. Oh well. I am a better person now because I see things more clearly. So Ises to Jah for truth over belief!

I think the confusion comes in because defenders of homosexuality tend to think that if others say it is wrong, they are making the person wrong. As I said, all are divine. So I must hold no ill will or hate against any person regardless of how they choose to live their lives. Yet if what they do goes against nature and truth, then what they are doing is wrong. And they need to come up out of it. I can love the person without loving their inappropriate acts.

Just how I sees it.

Be blessed.

yozshura

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2005, 10:05:23 PM »

who are we to judge?
you all have the right to say, and think what ye want; but then again, if someone gay stands before ye, will ye say.. i will not speak to you, because you are not like me..

while the teachings show us that we are all One.. children under Jah..
maybe their action is wrong, but then again; we all have our faults, and it is for HIM to forgive; not for others
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 10:06:09 PM by yozshura »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.