Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Author Topic: Rasta View On Gays?  (Read 34988 times)

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
Re: Rasta View On Gays?
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2005, 04:22:28 PM »

Hetepu

I do not overstand your reasoning ital. It is two-faced. In this thread you say you will support a person's right to make a wrong choice. Yet in another thread when I say I support another human being, you say that anyone who supports that PERSON is stupid or wrong. So you think it's better to support a wicked choice than it is to support your bredren?

I will agree with Oskar's reasoning that homosexuality is a symptom of a bigger problem. But so is ALL wickedness. So okay then, what? What is the bigger problem and how do we resolve it? And please, simply answering that reasoning is the key is not enough.

Be blessed.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2005, 04:27:13 PM »

Hmm, the mighty Empress has once again stirred up the discussion. This really got me thinking.

What is this bigger problem? Is it the acceptance that is spreading? Or is it the "I don't care" attitude? Could it be societies complete lack of morals? I mean, everything used to be run by the church and things were strict and by the book. Once the church was discredited, these "morals" and "beliefs" started to be questioned. This is something I'll have to meditate upon some more.

One

Jah bless

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2005, 04:32:54 PM »

Hetepu

Those are very good questions, M-Dub. I will have to medi on them as well before responding.

Be blessed.

ital

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2005, 04:50:06 PM »

Greetings  Empress,  My  support  is  for  the  freedom  to  choose,  not  for  the  thing  chosen,  It  was  not  me  that  give  human  beings  choice  jah  did  that,  So  while  i  support  the  right  to  choose,  If  one  choose  to  hate  i  do  not  support  that  choice,  And  if  one  choose  to  be  gay  i  do  not  support  that  either,  But  i  must  respect  the  indivual  freedom  to  choose  because  jah  give  all  the  freedom  to  choose.  one  love  to  all  earth  people  RASTAFARI...

ital

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2005, 04:54:36 PM »

And  Empress,  in  the  other  tread  the  reasoning  was  about  supporting  someone  who  is  wrong,  Iam  not  supporting  anyone  that  is  wrong  in  this  tread,  one  love  RASTAFARI...

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2005, 05:30:46 PM »

EmpressCarla,

As you say, all wickedness is rooted in the same problem. Wickedness is of evil and evil is lack of good which is God. So, God have all the answers.

Ok, the answer that you are looking for is within your own reasoning. Can you see that there is a difference between supporting a persons right to choose and supporting the person? If you support the person this means that you support his choice, but if you support his right to choose you can still provide a reason for what you see as right and wrong, and if the reason is a good one it will make sense.

OneLove
RASTAFARI

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2005, 05:49:13 PM »

M-Dub,

The bigger problem? I'd say it's both. The "I don't care", and thus supporting the acceptance of what is not right. Lack of morals is "I don't care" and failing to see the one place where one can make a difference, is in ones own life.

The 'fall' of the church and societies general faith in science have led to vanity and arrogance, greed and exploitation. Few are those who take their time to look into the message of old, most are dragged into the rat race of dominance and superiority.

OneLove
RASTAFARI

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2005, 05:58:14 PM »

Hmm, so perhaps the separation from Jah and/or spirituality is playing a large part...

One

Jah bless

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2005, 06:47:09 PM »

And  Empress,  in  the  other  tread  the  reasoning  was  about  supporting  someone  who  is  wrong,  Iam  not  supporting  anyone  that  is  wrong  in  this  tread,  one  love  RASTAFARI...

So then, are you saying you don't believe homosexuality is wrong?

Be blessed.

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2005, 07:01:31 PM »

Ok, the answer that you are looking for is within your own reasoning. Can you see that there is a difference between supporting a persons right to choose and supporting the person? If you support the person this means that you support his choice, but if you support his right to choose you can still provide a reason for what you see as right and wrong, and if the reason is a good one it will make sense.

You got it backwards, Oskar. I support ALL human beings because I recognize Jah in everyone. However, I do not support ANY wrong choice. If I see a parent abusing a child, I do not support their right to discipline their child in such a way. I would reject that. Same with a gay person. I have had many friends who were gay. If my gay friends needed me, I'd be there for them in a heartbeat. But when it comes to supporting their lifestyle, I have none of it.

I have had girlfriends who have had abortions. I will support them because they are my friend. But in the same breath I will tell them that abortion is wrong and is a selfish decision. Nevertheless, if they needed me to, I would be a shoulder to cry on. But my conscience will be clear because I told them the truth in the first place.

So for me, it is a must to support the person because I see Jah in everyone. Yet if they choose wickedness, they do it of their own accord. All of us will make mistakes, yet we have the opportunity to grow and learn from those mistakes. That is why I support the person, because anyone can change. Yet if they are doing wrong I will NEVER say, "they have a right to be wrong." Why on earth would I support ignorance or wickedness???

Be blessed.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2005, 07:40:22 PM »

EmpressCarla,

Seen, it is a thin line we trodding here. I don't really think I got it backwards as what you say is how I see it. But the point that I am standing by is the support for people to have a choice, because if we don't have a choice we are oppressed and are not allowed to think for ourselves.

I think that by having the right to be right and the right to be wrong we can open up the situation so that truth can be known. If those who are wrong is suppressed by those who see themselves as right, those who are wrong will just try to free themselves from the oppression and start run from what is right, seen? Two wrongs don't make right. So, we got to go round the right way to show what is wrong, seen?

OneLove
RASTAFARI
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 07:40:35 PM by Oskar »

toshIte

• Senior User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2005, 07:47:09 PM »

to bro ital and bro oskar.

I guess the  namecalling was uncalled for. I apologise for that.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2005, 07:51:08 PM »

Seen bredrin, no worries.

OneLove
RASTAFARI

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2005, 08:13:08 PM »

If those who are wrong is suppressed by those who see themselves as right, those who are wrong will just try to free themselves from the oppression and start run from what is right, seen?

I never said anything about suppressing anyone. If ones choose to be gay, that is their business. That does not change the fact that it is an immoral choice. As I stated in my original post, I don't support any gay-bashing agenda. A gay person is a PERSON. Plain and simple. So I don't feel it is okay to inflict harm on anyone unless it is to defend myself.

At the same time, while I won't suppress or oppress anyone, I am not willing to let them express either. Again, if ones choose to be gay, that is their business. But as I get older I realize that I have to be careful of what I allow my eyes to see and my ears to hear. For the more you injest something, the more of it you will become. It's that old saying, "we are what we eat." Well in this case, we are what we consume. So I cannot support a person's right for wickedness because then it will flourish and then I am exposed to it more and more.

So if it is wrong, fiyah bun and not fiyah light!

Furthermore, if ones choose to run from what is right, that is their choice as well. As some like to say, the truth is an offense. So it is not my duty to sugar coat such things. Let those with ears to hear...

Be blessed.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 08:15:07 PM by Carla »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2005, 08:23:19 PM »

Seen sistren, you need to slow down. I was not accusing you in any way, I am just reasoning pon the subject you know, not the object. I repeat, nothing is directed to any certain one.

OneLove
RASTAFARI
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.