Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Author Topic: Rasta View On Gays?  (Read 39151 times)

Lionsroar

Re: Rasta View On Gays?
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2005, 06:51:49 PM »

the world is coming to an end i see it slowly but showly....evereything is changing

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2005, 06:59:32 PM »

Hetepu

the world is coming to an end i see it slowly but showly....evereything is changing

What makes you think this, Lionsroar? You say "everything is changing." Seen. Change is nothing new. Yet all change is not necessarily good. I myself do not hold to an "end times" philosophy. However, I have not studied it either. So I would like to know your thoughts as to why you feel this way. Thanx.

Be blessed.

hulet

« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2005, 09:06:00 AM »

Hi, I just joined the forum because I'm just tryin' to see what the Rasta religion is all about and this topic caught my eye.

A point I'd like to make to Rastas against homosexuality because of it being "unnatural"-- Just because it is not a normal human function to have sexual intercourse or to have a sexual attraction to a member of the same sex, it doesn't make it un-natural. Nature itself is not perfect. Homosexuality is merely a defect in the normal makeup of a human, not necessarily a negative defect, just a defect-- just as mentally handicapped people are defective in a sense that it is not in the normal human DNA to be handicapped. Does this mean that mentally handicapped people are at just as much fault as homosexuals? This may be confusing logic to explain on the internet, but I think it's fairly simple concept. Homosexuals are born that way, just as some 4 legged animals are born with 3 legs. A "defect" should not be held against any person.

(Remember I do not mean defect in a negative connotation)

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2005, 12:36:03 PM »

Seen hulet, but as a matter of fact we always have a choice in acting on our urges. Blaming homosexuality on something as a defect tells you that you can't help it, but that is not true. You always have a choice, and if you want to have children what is required is a man and a woman. Now, how homosexuals want to get together and adopt kids? Them confused, I'm telling you male and female is required, why try to play like kids? Reality is there you know. The key issue is to not let your sexual desire run your life. Bad action such as that clouds your perception, but sooner or later truth will reveal.

OneLove
RASTAFARI

nottydread

« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2005, 01:21:39 PM »

Though the bible states that homosexual sex is wrong, i choose to use my overstanding of life and love to form my own opinion on this.

Love is love and gay love is still love.
Homosexuality is part of humanity and has been with man since creation, and is also manifest in many other species on the planet.

The people of the bible and pre-bible times, were as ignorant of the subject then as many are now, which is why such hatred and shit-thinking goes on!

HOWEVER - sexual wantonness of any kind, hetrosexual or homosexual, is a path of destruction of the soul. If you cannot value your sexuality how can you value yourself?

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2005, 02:56:51 PM »

nottydread,
I don't base my opinion on the bible, I form my own opinion too. My conclusion is that homosexuality is wrong, still I don't hate no one. All I'm saying is that everything is choice, some people say that it is out of personal control, but it is fully within personal choice.

OneLove
RASTAFARI

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2005, 03:31:41 PM »

A point I'd like to make to Rastas against homosexuality because of it being "unnatural"-- Just because it is not a normal human function to have sexual intercourse or to have a sexual attraction to a member of the same sex, it doesn't make it un-natural. Nature itself is not perfect.

This statement is not correct. Nature is perfect. All of creation is perfect and was created as it was meant to be. Creation is perfection.

Love is love and gay love is still love.

How can you say this with certainty? Can you prove to someone you've felt love? Have you felt gay love? Then how can a comparison between the two be made?

Homosexuality is part of humanity and has been with man since creation, and is also manifest in many other species on the planet.

Based on what? What proof do you have that homosexuality has been with man since creation? I'm interested to find out. Also, regarding the many different species on the earth, I believe most species function on a lower level of consciousness based on instinct. A dog cannot be compared to a human.

One

Jah bless

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2005, 04:03:15 PM »

Homosexuality is part of humanity and has been with man since creation, and is also manifest in many other species on the planet

Homosexuality nah exist in other species, this is a misconception, in nature males sometimes act like they are having sex but its actually an act of dominance, the male on top never puts his penis in the other male buttocks, and also no sperm comes out, and in females it is only done by older females and young females that are about to reach puberty, it is thought to be a way to teach the younger females what to except from males when they'll reach puberty.
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

hulet

« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2005, 04:48:04 PM »

"This statement is not correct. Nature is perfect. All of creation is perfect and was created as it was meant to be. Creation is perfection. "

WHat I meant by perfect was not a literally sense... I find nature to be absolutely perfect in the way that everything humans need to survive is readily available by nature, including medicine, even tho' some humans feel necessary to take Vicadin to ease pain, Zoloft to ease depression, and on and on. When I stated nature wasn't perfect I meant that not every human that is born is born with the same physical makeup and some are born with "defects" or "irregularities" that are not what a "normal" human is born with-- in other words each human is hand made with individuality instead of being mass produced in a factory. Using your logic of "All of creation is perfect and was created as it was meant to be" then we can come to the conclusion that homosexuals were born this way because they were meant to. But that still leaves open the door for those who feel homosexuality is a choice  [smiley=huh.gif]

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2005, 05:07:09 PM »

Blessings

All of creation is perfect, as M-Dub stated. Yet I was born with the ability to CHOOSE what is good or what is evil. It is my choice to act within my divinity, or to act in abnormality. So regardless of whether or not someone is born with a "defective" gay gene (which I really don't buy), as a human being they have the choice as to whether or not to act on it. Just as we each have a choice in how we will lead our lives.

Be blessed.

hulet

« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2005, 05:14:36 PM »

When you say they could choose to shun that behavior you are saying that they should shun the way they were born! People should embrace their differences and the differences of others because if not the only thing to come out will be hate. If our sexuality was a choice then i guarantee you every homosexual would change to heterosexuality-- with all the discrimination  homosexuals face today, no one would choose to be a homosexual... what kid would choose to be tormented at school by kids, beaten up by kids at school, looked down on by adults, and be excluded from virtually all religions!?!?! No one makes that choice, they are born with it, and asking them to ignore their naturally born body is hate and ignorance.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2005, 05:27:51 PM »

Yea, I admire the gays for standing up for themselves but from a perspective, what is it that they stand up for? I mean, people who kill are born too, does that make it right? Should we kill just because we are born, able to do it and feel the urge? I don't think so.

OneLove
RASTAFARI

chenai007

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2005, 05:43:54 PM »

The bible was given to us a a guideline as to how to live life peacefully among each other and in no way does the bible condone homosexuality, so obviously it is something that does not accentuate good living, if allowed to be carried on, life among each other would not be peaceful.
AIDS and improper familial values are typical repercussions of homosexuality.
But on another note, it is a biological mishap and the individual cannot be faulted for his/her sexual preference.
I would never ill-treat a gay person nor traet them differently but i certainly don't agree with it . [smiley=wink.gif]

hulet

« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2005, 05:44:40 PM »

Killing and homosexuality cannot even be put into the same perspective. I shouldn't have to explain this, but just in case, homosexuals don't affect anyone but themselves and their partners/wives/husbands whatever. Killers obviously affect more than one person because they killed someone. All they want to do is love the person they are in love with... soon this discrimination will not be as widespread, just as there is still discrimination against inter-racial couples (who just want to love each other), but not nearly as much. To all the people who have "Love" or "One Love" in their signatures but whoa re against homosexuality, why must we be greedy with love? Why can't we let homosexuals feel the same love that we feel as heterosexuals?

hulet

« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2005, 05:52:56 PM »

http://www.sodomylaws.org/world/jamaica/janews005.htm

Interesting read... reading that article and hearing people on these forums has definetly been a turn off to the Rastafari religion for me... where is the love?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.