Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: fighting temptation  (Read 2966 times)

DEVIN

fighting temptation
« on: August 27, 2005, 03:56:37 AM »

how does all of you fight temptation to sin or to do bad??

Jah bless

newrasta

Re: fighting temptation
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 06:55:33 PM »

how does all of you fight temptation to sin or to do bad??

Jah bless

Temptation to sin...a very difficult thing to resist, but when one has inner peace then it won't be as hard. RasTafarI has inner peace with themselves and more importantly Jah, so when I have a temptation to sin I think of Jah and what Jah would think of I actions, also I think of loved ones and friends and decide I would be much happier and have a cleaner concious if it didn't do said act.

But humans naturally sin, no one can never sin. So it is natural for one to give into temptation, it is natural for one to sin. But never give up the fight, always fight it, always. Stay as pure as possible and keep finding Jah within yourself and within others and within nature. Jah Jah knows we mean well, even if we disobey.

Hope I helped.

Jah Love!

Ras Evan

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 01:26:03 AM »

This link should help...http://forums.rasta-man.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=members_reason;action=display;num=1118775637

Specifically, the first three posts, (M-Dub thru Fiyah's first.)

One love

DEVIN

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 02:23:22 AM »

thanks alot.

Jah Bless

bporcher

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 10:42:58 AM »

wise words in that link and in this post  [smiley=smiley.gif]

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 02:15:03 PM »

Human nature is by nature selfish. We want, we want.

When we resist the urge to be selfish we will have an easier time resisting sin.

It's a lot harder to do the wrong thing when we see outside our own desires.

Jah bless

One love
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

Lionsroar

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 06:39:42 PM »

To fight temptation lies witin self honestly if you want to fight it you have to be strong willed to do it

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 03:52:43 PM »

Greetings and peace.

To fight temptation lies witin self honestly if you want to fight it you have to be strong willed to do it

Seen. Great posts here so far. As Ras Evan said, we all sin, there are none of us who walk in pure righteousness, but with Jah in I heart it is easier to fight. Prayer is very strong. If temptation is truly getting to you, just pray.

One

Jah bless

dadrakerman

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 02:39:26 PM »

Those links, I couldn't access

DEVIN

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 11:17:56 PM »

thanks m

ital

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 04:49:09 AM »

Greetinhs,  The  best  way  is  the   one  pointed  out  by  Lionroar,  Follow  that  way  and  you  can  never  fail  no  matter  what.  One  love  to  all  human  beings  RASTAFARI...

Speed

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 02:41:06 PM »

Every choice we make has reprecussions...  If you consider the reprecussions then it will help you make the right choice

But I guess none of us are free from sin & temptation but if you follow the right path with the righ tintentions then your sin should be limited

Free_Jah_Children

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 03:18:46 PM »

as Bob Marley said their is a voice inside all of us and we listen good we will hear. in everything there is a right and a wrong way and if we listen well we will know the right way so there is no reason why we should be tempted to do wrong

Seen?

Jah Live
Every choice we make has reprecussions...  If you consider the reprecussions then it will help you make the right choice

But I guess none of us are free from sin & temptation but if you follow the right path with the righ tintentions then your sin should be limited

Jazzy

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 05:15:14 PM »

It is very hard to resist temptation, but when I feel approached by it I tell myself inside my mind that I need to focus on my relationship with Jah and be prepared for his judgement day instead of getting caught up in the here in now and wind up being one of those destroyed. With all that is going on in the world, it is very easy to get sucked into temptation and I myself naturally being somewhat of the wild and rebellious side it is extremely hard for me to avoid it but I do try very hard and pray that Jah will forgive me when I stumble. For Jah knows that we are but imperfect humans and I trust that He can see into my heart and understand that I do try the best I can.Remember all the "trends" of today, all the blingbling and shiny things are just put there to distract you from what your true purpose is. Try your best to avoid temptation and when at times you do stumble, just pray to Jah and Jah is Love so He will forgive.

rasta_dattha

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005, 01:15:08 AM »

To resist temptation, one can do deep breathing, relax and meditate on positive things.During your meditative state visualize that Jah is withing the I,and know that the spirit of temptation will run like a thief in the night.      BLESS UP!!!!!! [smiley=wink.gif]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.