Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Rastafarian Gathering  (Read 884 times)

Ras Alto

• Veteran User
  • Thanks & Praises to the MOST HIGH
Rastafarian Gathering
« on: September 05, 2005, 05:37:21 PM »

Greetings in the Name of JAH!

From August 5th to 7th there was a Rastafarian Gathering in Nordhausen (Thüringen) in Germany. We were fourteen Idren, but you will see it yourself; here is a Link where you can see some Pictures:

http://www.fyah.net/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=gathering2005

What you can't see on the Pictures is the Grounation where we played the Heartbeat, read the Bible, singed, chanted, praised JAH. It would have been wrong to take Photos while we did that.

So enjoy the Pictures and maybe you are motivated to organize something like that in your area too, if there aren't any RastafarI Meetings.

JAH LOVE
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 05:37:58 PM by ganjAlex »

newrasta

Re: Rastafarian Gathering
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 06:28:41 PM »

I would love to organize something like this in Iman's area!!!

But how does one do this? Do you have any suggestions, advice, etc, etc, pon organizing such meetings?

Bless.

Ras Evan

Ras Alto

• Veteran User
  • Thanks & Praises to the MOST HIGH
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 07:00:55 PM »

Greetings in His Ivine Name Haile Selassie I!

First of all you should find a location, then you should contact the Bredren in your area and tell them the Date you want to start the Gathering. Tell them to bring Literature and Instruments. Then there is the question of food. You have to decide whether every participant should bring his or her own I-tal food or whether you guys want to cook together (but remember Shabbath rules if you organize the Gathering on a weekend).
There should be something like a guideline or a supporting programme. Bible reasonings, prayers, chants, use of other Literature, other topics (like for example acient black history, african history, lineage of Selassie I or emigration of nations). But you are always free to decide what you want to do.
My Brother Ras Chris organized the Gathering and he created a flysheet which he put on his Rasta Forum:

Actually all you have to do is to organize a place, a date, a rough guideline and an invitation for the Idren around your area. Everything else will JAH do for you. (Look at the Rainbow he bestowed to us. It was like he renewed the confederacy with us, His children. The whole weekend it was cold and rainy, but when we chanted prayers unto His Ivinity Selassie I JAH Ras TafarI He sent the Sun to shine over us and let us know that He is always there to Itect His Children!)

JAH LOVE I-TINUALLY

Speed

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 12:17:38 AM »

Respect for doing this...

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.