Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: hugh mundell  (Read 10644 times)

soljie

hugh mundell
« on: September 21, 2005, 09:24:21 PM »

Does anyone know dis singer? Long time now since he left this earth but lyrics voice man everything perfect!

RIP hug mundell

Ras Alto

• Veteran User
  • Thanks & Praises to the MOST HIGH
Re: hugh mundell
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 09:18:10 PM »

Greetings in the Ivina Name of JAH Ras TafarI!

Hugh Mundell is quite a phenomenon. When he released his LP "Africa Must Be Free" in 1975 with Augustus Pablo, he was only 13 years old.

JAH LOVE

soljie

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 05:12:12 AM »

in my oppinion he is underrated...This youth wow thats the only word I can describe him with and yes in combination with augustus pablo a combination of a life time...african must be free >one of ah kind record every reggae lover should own...

BLING_BLAOH

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 03:34:54 PM »

I jus read about what happened to him. It's a tragedy how it happened. The only good thing about that situation was that Junior Reid's life was speared. Both men could have perished.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 03:36:18 PM by BLING_BLAOH »

MessenJah

• Standard User
  • Jah Guide and Protect
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 06:43:53 PM »

Africa must be free by Hugh Mundell and africa must be free dub by Augustus Pablo are 2 of I favourite records.
Jah Protection... Peace, Iration

Sizzta

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 10:51:24 PM »

Greetings!

True it is a bad thing to happen to a good young soul. 'Africa must be free' gives InI shivers every time, pure. also love 'in the ghetto' and 'nature provides everything for man' (think they're both on 'arise')- some great music came from Hugh Mundell before his transition, true.

Bless

mundell

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 08:20:43 PM »

hi there,
hugh mundell..is'nt he great?
i really love his music,and have 3 albums on lp and i recently bought them on cd.
the first is africa must be free by 1983,the second is time and place and i also have one album with the roots radics called mundell,it is really wonderfull.
on the first album there are a few songs recorded in the black ark studio.
and there is also a song on it called Jah will provide with it's dub version ital sip.
this song for me,is like the Rasta anthem,it filles my soul with a mytic cloud from ancient times,Go check the albums i bought them in Rotterdam at Velvet music.

soljie

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 02:20:22 PM »

JAH will provide is a verry conscious tune for real...My mind is one of my favourites as well

mundell

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 09:28:28 PM »

It sure is ,they are all quite special really!!!
I've never heard of the album ARISE before "Sizzta" i'll go check it out for sure.

Laterz...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 09:31:31 PM by mundell »

rastafandawn

• Normal User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 02:30:04 PM »

Can anyone tell me how Hugh Mundell died ?  I have his album Africa must be Free and have looked on the internet for more music, but have noticed how few cd's I could get.

I didnt know he was dead until I read this topic.  

There seem to be so many gifted bredren out there who are departing us at such a young age.  Hope they are happy wherever they are.

Bless
Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes.......

soljie

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 07:48:48 AM »

What I know is that he got shot and killed while he was sitting in a car with Junior Reid in 1983...

rastafandawn

• Normal User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 10:32:10 AM »

Thank you Soljie for your info.  Junior Reid - is that the Police and Thieves Junior Reid or am I off line ?  

Is Junior Reid dead too ?  Its hard to get much information on anything reggae/rasta related in Wales, unless you particularly know what you are looking for and can spend hours on the internet.  There's not even a dedicated reggae music shop in Cardiff, the capital city of Wales.  I have to get anything I want off the internet and so cant even listen to the stuff before I buy it.  It was so much easier in London !  

Thank you again for taking the time to reply.

Bless
Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes.......

rastafandawn

• Normal User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 02:50:01 PM »

Hmmm, seems like I am losing it somewhere - I have just realised Junior Murvin is the Police and Thieves artist not Junior Reid !

Love

soljie

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 09:45:43 AM »

Lol yeah dat was Junior Murvin. Junior Reid still alive. I have to say though that there is verry little information on the net about Hugh Mundell. Every time I find something it's different type of information. Some articles say he died during a robbery in his house, others say he died while in the car with JR...I personally did hear that it was a murder because he was fighting against politricks but it will always remain a ? for me.  so there will always be rumours if a one dies of unnatural causes...it's just a shame this youth with so much potential never live to see today...

rastafandawn

• Normal User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 10:34:19 AM »

Soljie

I understand what you say about dying so young and not living to see today, but you know what, the older I get, sometimes, the sadder I get.  So much is done in the name of progress, but to me it appears to be regress.

Peoples inhumanities to others are getting sicker and more profane, the world doesnt seem to be getting to be a better place, so perhaps where Bob Marley has gone, and Dennis Brown, and Hugh Mundell, well, its no doubt a better place than this one.  They died without having to see such sickness and pain.

One thing that has really eaten into me over the last week or so, this earthquake in Pakistan. The pictures on the tv showing little children left homeless and parentless, soon to be living in freezing conditions without much hope left at such a young age.

Over here this week, families spending thousands of UK pounds in order to set fire to a small stick that makes a noise and after a few seconds sends out a pretty little flower of colour - know what I mean - fireworks !  

The cost of one single box of those fireworks could help re-house or feed one of those starving, freezing, homeless kids in Pakistan.  Where are people's priorities.

I digress, we were talking about Hugh Mundell and the loss of so many creative young lives.  True, but what my mother told me when I was small - Only the good die young - makes sense now.

Bless  [smiley=kiss.gif]

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.