Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: People are Crying out for help!  (Read 881 times)

InI_Scott

• Full User
  • Chapter a Day!
People are Crying out for help!
« on: September 23, 2005, 05:08:34 PM »

May this topic find you in more positive spirits.  I pray that for all.

My morning has been unusual today.  I have been faced with friends and family in such deep depression regarding the world and where we stand in it.  Maybe it is because I try to live good and always talk of Jah and my search for truth/meaning through the teachings of Rastafari--but today 3 people have come to me to discuss their depression:  Unhappy with an unfulfilled life, job, and then the fact of how America is about to be thrown into a terrible financial spiral.  Talk has been open and desperate: "how will i support my family" "is this the end of the world"

Personally, I feel as though there is great suffering and that suffering is finally starting to have an impact on those who believed "everything is fine in America".

I have attempted to put these people's mind at ease by discussing the story of those in the bible that faced hard-terrible times (Lot, Abraham).  But I have also discussed the fact that America is not the place of all that is good and right.

For those facing this depression and losing the shelter of what they believe to be -- what do you sight in your life that pulls you out of the tribulation of babylon?

Just looking to have more to give to these friends--

One Love,
Scott

(on a bright note, it is a blessing that the peace I have found in Rastafari does shine bright for others to see--i am humbled to tears by the power of Jah)

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
Re: People are Crying out for help!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 05:34:50 PM »

Ises,
"of all the things in life worth having, the ones that are most valuable cannot be held in ones hands"

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 05:51:11 PM »

Greetings and peace.

Depression is widespread nowadays, even more than in the past. This I believe is because people have put their faith and trust in a system that is flawed, a system that we have been building on for a few hundred years. People are starting to wake up and realize that everything they believed in and were taught is a lie. Our "society", our industrialization, our religions, they are all part of a large myth that humanity has been told for generations. I and I am free from this depression as I was blessed and knew from birth that what was being said to me was not right. I knew the ways of this world were not the ways of Jah, of nature, of humanity. When we do not even know ourselves, how can we know our purpose? This is becoming a realization and a scary one for some people.

One

Jah bless

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 07:11:48 PM »

Blessings

Personally, I find that my "moments of despair" only arise when I am separated from Jah. And it is in the realization that Jah has already provided an answer that I can be made whole again, made anew. This despair that people are feeling is because their spirit is weak and their eyes have been closed for so long. In all things we should draw closer to Jah for our security. When people cease to rely solely on material comforts they will start to see a bit more clearly that there is nothing to be so afraid of. For the things of the spirit of Jah can never be endangered.

Luke 17:33
Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

Be blessed.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 01:55:46 AM »

For those facing this depression and losing the shelter of what they believe to be -- what do you sight in your life that pulls you out of the tribulation of babylon?

InI sight natural creation and Jah HIMself. I don't look to what Babylonb is doing for happiness because it is something we need to fight down. You don't look to hell for heaven, seen.

For now InI must trod on but hope that helped

One love

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.