Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: curing  (Read 818 times)

bporcher

curing
« on: September 25, 2005, 02:39:44 AM »

so i have some buds right off the plant.. what do i do to get them ready for smoking?

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
Re: curing
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 03:46:22 PM »

Greetings and peace.

First I recommend hanging the buds in a dark, cool room (minimal light should touch the buds while curing). Hang them from their stems (upside down) using a coat hanger and clothepins (just a suggestion). This should take place for 2 weeks or until you can bite the stem and it snaps off fairly easily. This will make them just barely ready to smoke. For optimal potency and flavor, follow these next steps; After hang drying, put the buds in a mason jar (they should be tightly packed with little air in the jar if possible). Place the mason jar in a cool, dark place. Make sure to open the jar at least once a day for air circulation and to release moisture(this should happen for the first week to two weeks as the buds "sweat"). After the two weeks, let the mason jar sit undisturbed for up to 6 months. I would use the herb after maybe a month in the mason jar. Again, the herb will be ready after the first two weeks, how long you decide to cure it will depend on how "fine" you want the herb to be. Curing herb is like aging wine, it gets better over time.

One

Jah bless

bporcher

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 02:17:26 AM »

thanks M-Dub, that helped quite a bit.

however, i dont think that i will be able to hang them.. i heard that if i keep them in a paper bag, and open that a couple times a day, that is a possible way of drying them?

thanks again

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 02:10:06 PM »

Yes, the paper bag method will work as well. Make sure to turn over the buds in the bag each day so there aren't any moist spots where mold could grow.

One

Jah bless

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.