Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: HEY PEOPLE  (Read 825 times)

GanjaBreedGyul

HEY PEOPLE
« on: September 29, 2005, 09:06:13 PM »

I Know that it's been awhile since I been on da site ...I hope that all is well with you guys ...I made some great friends here and I want you guys to know that I miss and love yall a whole bunch ...even the ones I couldnt really get along with ...LOL ...you all know who you are ...heheheh .....I was talkin to one of my friends just now and he sent me a link ...thought that I'd share it with you  :

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery;jsessionid=d69ohrojs2bad?method=4&dsid=2222&dekey=Rastafari+movement&gwp=8&curtab=2222_1&sbid=lc01b&linktext=Rastafarians
Hope you all find it as interesting and informative as I did ...Nuff props to My Boy Nick ...miss ya pal ....Take care Guys and I promise to be back soon .
Tell me what yall think of da site .
Peace and Love
Jasmine

Free_Jah_Children

Re: HEY PEOPLE
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 12:42:07 PM »

Very little of the information on that website is true Iand I see it as being mostly Babylon lies

Jah Live
I Know that it's been awhile since I been on da site ...I hope that all is well with you guys ...I made some great friends here and I want you guys to know that I miss and love yall a whole bunch ...even the ones I couldnt really get along with ...LOL ...you all know who you are ...heheheh .....I was talkin to one of my friends just now and he sent me a link ...thought that I'd share it with you  :

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery;jsessionid=d69ohrojs2bad?method=4&dsid=2222&dekey=Rastafari+movement&gwp=8&curtab=2222_1&sbid=lc01b&linktext=Rastafarians
Hope you all find it as interesting and informative as I did ...Nuff props to My Boy Nick ...miss ya pal ....Take care Guys and I promise to be back soon .
Tell me what yall think of da site .
Peace and Love
Jasmine

GanjaBreedGyul

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 07:44:54 PM »

Hi ,
Since you see that some of or all of the things on the page is false or filled with babylon lies ...can you pin point some of it .....because I know that some of that happens to be true . Thanks a bunch .
Jasmine

Tom

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 01:49:55 PM »

I think generally that it was quite an informative read. It was obviously written objectively but it never ridiculed anything and I think what it said of women in the early years of rastafari was true. Woman have much more of a role to play in the functionings and development of rasta now then they ever did before.

It mentions Marcus Garveys black star liner, his prophecies of looking to the east for the coming of a black king. Biblical references for the growing of locks. Explaining the spritual practise behind it and it not being for fashion purposes.

I remeber reading a book at school on religion, when I was about 7 I think, being brought up rasta I read the section on rastafarian'ism' as they called it and it read that rastafarians do not like to work beacuse they are lazy. No lie. Now that is a babylon lie!

Give thanks Jasmine. Maybe what free jah children is trying to say is that you have to live it, not undersyand it to know rastafari.

Give thanks.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 19 queries.