Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rasta is a joke????  (Read 4266 times)

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Rasta is a joke????
« on: October 02, 2005, 06:31:58 AM »

Well.... Now i have really seen it all!
A new programme started here on tv the other day, locally made, more C**p. Anyway, they have a section on the prize show called "Rasta Mon" where contestants must answer like rasta's? My first question is "what does a Rasta sound like?" My second question is "would the producers like to make fun of any other belief system?" How about we change it to the "satanism section and they can answer their questions like the devil???
May be i'm being picky, but i don't see this as a laughing matter. I see it as taking the p*ss out of someones belief system, not to mention that the losers who host the show are just that "losers". Keen to hear what others may think.

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
Re: Rasta is a joke????
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 09:04:20 AM »

dam this sounds bad try and get it band and make a protest if you can, if worst comes to worst i would take em down ure self. the last thing we need is a rasta piss take.
jah love Ashley [smiley=angry.gif]
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

african_herbsman

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 11:39:32 AM »

I agree people already take the piss of us as it is

Amish2

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 01:29:07 PM »

I can't belive the crap u get on Tv these days! I can't belive they'r alowed 2 as well! Yeah take em down they deserve it!!!!!

newrasta

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 03:24:12 PM »

For real, that is straight up disraspect. Complain, get a petition signed, protest, whatever, but that thing really needs to come off the air. Or at least make em rename the game, because I'm pretty sure that you'd have to answer with a Jamaican accent, so why not suggest the name, Jamaica Mon. That would probably be better. LOL! I just thought, "Jamaica Mon" is I nickname on the football team I play on, lol, that's funny.

Jah Bless!

Ras Evan
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 03:24:50 PM by newrasta »

DEVIN

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 10:46:03 PM »

boycott man and send letters

Jah Guide you

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 12:29:46 AM »

Thanks all for your answers. I have written one letter so far and am now contemplating making a complaint to the broadcasting standards authority with regard to this. If it was any other belief system they would never try it on. The whole thing is just ridiculous. The hosts and contestants even wear these dread lock wigs during this part of the show. It was just by chance that i saw this programme and i was speechless. Total disrespect.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 03:39:59 PM »

Greetings and peace.

This is a disgrace to those who are humiliating themselves on the television. Good to see you fighting for what is right sistren.

One

Jah bless

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 01:02:19 AM »

Have been investigating the complaints process.
First i must write a letter to the chief executive of the tv station that the programme is aired on outlining what my complaint is. This must be done within 20 days of the screening of the programme. I will then have to wait for a response from them and see where i go from there.
From what i understand of the process, if i don't find their response satisfactory i can then make a complaint to the broad casting standards authority and they will decide if my complaint is valid or not. [smiley=undecided.gif]
Heres hoping it will all work out.

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 03:02:12 AM »

Bless Wahine,
It doesn't surprise me that you'd be someone to stand up for what's right.
For sure that mess needs to go.

Jah bless

One love
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

rastafandawn

• Normal User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 01:47:40 PM »

Sister Wahine

Did you progress with your complaint to the Broadcasting Standards about that sad little programme on your local tv station concerning rastas ?

Isnt it amazing how loud money speaks ?  Obviously there had to be something involving money here somewhere.

If you did progress, have you heard anything posItIve ?  I cant see how something like that could possibly get thru on to tv.  Our local post office have just had a postage stamped banned from being sold because it is a nativity scene and it is thought that it might offend the Hindu religion in this country.

Personally, I think that if anyone, whatever colour, whatever their belief, has the strength to follow their personal ideas in whatever "religion" they choose, they are to be applauded.  I dont mind the Hindu nation in Wales celebrating their beliefs, or the Jews, or the Catholics, or the Rasta's. Live and let live.  Live and learn.  Live. Much can be learned from the teachings of other deities, but it doesnt seem as though there is anything posItIve to be learned from that pathetic little tv programme.

Bless
[smiley=angry.gif]
Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes.......

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 10:19:29 PM »

Nothing as of yet. However i note in the ads the other day that this programme is on it's final screening this week, which will hopefully see the end of it.
Of course there is money and prizes involved in this. Funnily enough, one of the prizes was a African Safari - which of course was won by the hosts of the show. There have been a few complaints made about this programme by others as well but for different reasons. I did manage to get a letter published in a widely read tv guide.
I am not the worlds most patient person and i can write and write and write until they get sick of hearing from me so thats what i intend to do. [smiley=smiley.gif]

rastafandawn

• Normal User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 09:20:24 AM »

Well, good luck and keep strong !

Bless
Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes.......

Rasta_Man_410

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 09:41:03 PM »

They think mocking Rastas is fine, how horrible. Imagine what would happen if they had to "answer like a Jew" or "answer like a Muslim"???? They would get banned for sure, and they should  for this too!

jah_bless_aotearoa

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 12:26:12 AM »

I agree, it was disappointing to see our bredren Nandor Tanczos Appear On A Show That was Mocking His Beliefs...

Jah Bless
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.