Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Journey of the Ark - Sign and the Seal  (Read 3510 times)

Yeshaq

Journey of the Ark - Sign and the Seal
« on: October 11, 2005, 09:33:22 PM »

This is a fairly academic book, but a very very interesting story and read. Tells the tale of how the Ark ended up in Ethiopia. Although written by a somewhat secular British journalist, Graham Hancock, he bigs up Selassie and even mentions some very heights aspects of how Selassie moved the Ark to St. Mary's in Axum.
Very very good read. Read it.

DEVIN

Re: Journey of the Ark - Sign and the Seal
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 02:28:32 AM »

man there was a show about the holy ark n the history channel and i was oh boy here go babylon runnin its mouth, but every lil thing they said was true to rasta truth... i was like WOW!

i was so happy by it im going to buy that eppisode.

Jah Bless!

RasLionheart

• Senior User
  • Rastafari is the way!

InI_Scott

• Full User
  • Chapter a Day!
Re: Journey of the Ark - Sign and the Seal
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 06:39:29 PM »

Just started this book over the weekend.  Buzzed through the first 100 pages in no time.  The author has a very interesting perspective because of his connections to Ethiopia: he was the East African Correspondent for "the Economist" (which is an excellent magizine focusing on news from around the world) He was also hired by those that overthrew Selassie to create a book about Ethiopia -- as he explains, this task soon turned into a propaganda tool rather than what he had hoped, but the experience gives new insight to the workings of these evil men during the 80s.  

This author is very entertaining -- easy to follow and he is able to convey his excitment as he searches for the truth about the Ark.  Plus, because he spent a lot of time in Ethiopia during the early 80s he has a lot of insight to the country at that time.

I am really enjoying it -- and for those (like me) who just began to read the Kebra Negast, the Teaching of His Majesty, and/or begun to research everything Sellasie and Ithiopian, I find this book to be a way to reaffirm my beliefs while reading the interpretations of this "outsider".  I reccomend it.

One Love,
Scott

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.