Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Mislead Christains  (Read 6595 times)

Lionsroar

Mislead Christains
« on: October 16, 2005, 12:12:20 AM »

Today Christians are turning Christianity into more than wha it is. they say things like u have to be christain to be able to understand the bible, if u aint Christian u goin to hell cuz u livin wrong, or u cant sing about god if u aint saved, i can go on and on. Stop confusing the teachings PLEASE, U Cant judge people and yet thats exactly wha u are doin, get yo mind rite, how can u live by the name of Jah and u ridicule othas for the way the live, its sad, u of all people should no "He without SIN cast the 1st stone"

Positive_Vibration

Re: Mislead Christains
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 12:16:31 AM »

Today Christians are turning Christianity into more than wha it is. they say things like u have to be christain to be able to understand the bible, if u aint Christian u goin to hell cuz u livin wrong, or u cant sing about god if u aint saved, i can go on and on. Stop confusing the teachings PLEASE, U Cant judge people and yet thats exactly wha u are doin, get yo mind rite, how can u live by the name of Jah and u ridicule othas for the way the live, its sad, u of all people should no "He without SIN cast the 1st stone"

Seen. Your threads are always food for the growing mind.

I've got to say though - is this not the basis of Christianity to begin with? I've got Christian friends and all of them either say Jesus exists and won't ponder otherwise, or that Christianity is a postive set of rules to bind people down. Says it all right there.

Empress Carla made some fantastic reasoning on this though in one thread. If you take away the existence of a literal Jesus...what is left to the Christian philosophy? Nothing. Never is it the teachings. But the rules and the paintings of a white man with a brown beard.

A white man with a brown beard that was a native of the "Middle East"? Corruption!

One love

joeyb

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 02:24:10 PM »

What Christian says "u goin to hell cuz u livin wrong." Isn't this Jewish philosophy?

Many Christians are guilty of judging others, but we must also be careful of judging Christians. I am Christian (Selassian Christian) and dont believe in a white "Jesus" with a brown beard. True, there is corruption: but in mind - better a Christian than an atheist.

OneLove

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 02:57:13 PM »

better a Christian than an atheist. OneLove

I would challenge: better a righteous one than an unrighteous one. A "Christian" is no better than an atheist, and this is the improper thinking of most Christians. To just basically make a judgement about the next man because their belief system is different. I'm not saying it is okay to be an atheist. However, if that atheist truly lived a righteous livity, lived a life of self sacrifice for the betterment of his fellow man, are they less worthy to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven? Did they not ultimately do what Jesus requested of those who love him? Specifically, to feed his sheep?

Be blessed.

haftrini

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 04:49:54 PM »

However, if that atheist truly lived a righteous livity, lived a life of self sacrifice for the betterment of his fellow man, are they less worthy to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven? Did they not ultimately do what Jesus requested of those who love him? Specifically, to feed his sheep?

THAT is the truth!!!

Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Romans 2:26-27

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 03:14:38 PM »

Greetings and peace.

Truly great reasoning here. I must stand humbly as I have nothing to add to these great thoughts.

One

Jah bless

joeyb

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 06:16:22 PM »

"I'm not saying it is okay to be an atheist. However, if that atheist truly lived a righteous livity, lived a life of self sacrifice for the betterment of his fellow man, are they less worthy to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven?"

My question would be, can an atheist truly live righteous livity? We must always remember Mark 12:29-31:

"And Yeshua answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; JAH our God is one Lord. And thou shalt love JAH thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

The two priorities are equal in our life: but there is the explicit implication that both most be acknowledged. This rule applies, of course, to both atheists and Christians a like.

OneLove

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 07:24:32 PM »

Blessings

My question would be, can an atheist truly live righteous livity? We must always remember Mark 12:29-31:

"And Yeshua answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; JAH our God is one Lord. And thou shalt love JAH thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

The two priorities are equal in our life: but there is the explicit implication that both most be acknowledged. This rule applies, of course, to both atheists and Christians a like.

OneLove

How does one love? Is it merely with words? Love is action. If the atheist lives a life where he honors his fellow man, lives upright and bears a good fruit, is this not the same love that Christ bestowed on us? As we express love to one another, is this not offering our love ultimately to our Lord? There is no way we can love Jah unless we first love our fellow man.

1 John 4:20-21:
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

If the atheist recognizes not that a higher power exists, are his actions made void simply because he has yet to recognize that Jah lives within and without? Jah is not partial. If the atheist truly has love for his brother, then he has love for Jah. Thus, the commandments you cited are filled. Implicitly even if not explicity.

Be blessed.

Rasta_Man_410

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 07:24:41 PM »

See here the very inportant rule of thumb: Don't judge a book by its cover.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 08:02:28 PM »

See here the very inportant rule of thumb: Don't judge a book by its cover.

With love and raspect, I've got to ask you your point, in this case. It is seen that we should not judge one by their title --- what the discussion has more lead into is Christianity itsself as opposed to just 'Christians'.'

To me...there is no higher level of not-judging-a-book-by-its-cover then seeking truth! Whats dressed up to be glorious could be, and often is, corruption.

One love

joeyb

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 08:11:21 PM »

Blessings

OneLove

How does one love? Is it merely with words? Love is action. If the atheist lives a life where he honors his fellow man, lives upright and bears a good fruit, is this not the same love that Christ bestowed on us? As we express love to one another, is this not offering our love ultimately to our Lord? There is no way we can love Jah unless we first love our fellow man.

1 John 4:20-21:
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

If the atheist recognizes not that a higher power exists, are his actions made void simply because he has yet to recognize that Jah lives within and without? Jah is not partial. If the atheist truly has love for his brother, then he has love for Jah. Thus, the commandments you cited are filled. Implicitly even if not explicity.

Be blessed.

True, we are showing love for God when we show love for our fellow man, but then, why are there two distinguished commandments? They are separate from each other because they are different. The reason that helping others "fulfills" the first commandment (love God) is because we are fulfilling God's will for human interaction. But this is only partially pleasing to JAH because without the worship side, the acknowledgment of JAHpresence then how will He be eligable to be with Him? Marx did a lot for the world, and had a burning desire to aid the common worker in achieving deserved wage and acclaim. He also said that the idea of God was created to supress the people. Would anyOne really expect him to be given a place at the right hand of God, having flat-out denied His existence?

OneLove

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 09:39:46 PM »

Blessings

True, we are showing love for God when we show love for our fellow man, but then, why are there two distinguished commandments? They are separate from each other because they are different. The reason that helping others "fulfills" the first commandment (love God) is because we are fulfilling God's will for human interaction. But this is only partially pleasing to JAH because without the worship side, the acknowledgment of JAHpresence then how will He be eligable to be with Him? Marx did a lot for the world, and had a burning desire to aid the common worker in achieving deserved wage and acclaim. He also said that the idea of God was created to supress the people. Would anyOne really expect him to be given a place at the right hand of God, having flat-out denied His existence?

Tell me bredren, how does one express/manifest love for Jah? "Be eligible" to be with Him? I feel we are ALL eligible to be with Him by the mere fact that Jah's spirit exists within all of us, whether we recognize that fact or not. Helping others is not a fulfillment of any laws for the sole purpose of human interaction. If that were true then everyone would be fulfilling that law everyday by merely being in the presence of another or simply seeing another human on TV. That is not all there is. The purpose of that law is to recognize the God in all of us and treat each other as such. To know that we are all divine, all One. I am One with the atheist just as I am One with the Christian just as I am One with Jah. In fact, you cannot get to the first/highest commandment (i.e., be One with Jah) without first achieving true brotherly love. Yes, the commandments are different because the second is a precursor to the first. It is levels.

I am not saying that an atheist has the highest truth. They don't. But even they are still on a path to being One with Jah. You originally stated that it is better to be a Christian than an atheist. That declaration is not true in and of itself. It is better to be righteous than unrighteous. The idea that a Christian is somehow "better" than anyone is the very problem.

Be blessed.

Rasta_Man_410

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 09:40:34 PM »

My reply "Don't judge a book by its cover" Is referring  to when the Christians put the other religions down just because they were different. they are thinking "they're different, so theyre no good." you see?

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 12:42:12 AM »

My reply "Don't judge a book by its cover" Is referring  to when the Christians put the other religions down just because they were different. they are thinking "they're different, so theyre no good." you see?

Seen. It might help to specify exactly what you're talking about in future times though.

One love

Regdan

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 02:39:36 AM »

Christians started to belief in Christ(it was the first religion that believed in Christ, get off my back), either you are telling lies or 'radical christians' a.k.a. morons. They are the ones that don't really believe, Christianity is rightfully screwed up. At first, it was meant to help spread the word of Christ and teach good morals. Like the ten commandments, but politics has seeped into it for many years. Now, it has lost that ripeness it once had. People attend church every week not because they really want to, or they really believe. But because they feel it renews them, and then they can go mess up the rest of the week. Being jerks and commiting crimes.

I am recognized as a Lutheran(for the ones not taught this information it is a protestant Christianity) though I cannot say I am. I do not fully agree with their thoughts, but I do read the bible on occasion. And I believe in the father, the son, and the holy spirit.

Bless the father.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.