Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mislead Christains  (Read 6633 times)

Positive_Vibration

Re: Mislead Christains
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 02:45:41 AM »

Christians started to belief in Christ(it was the first religion that believed in Christ, get off my back), either you are telling lies or 'radical christians' a.k.a. morons. They are the ones that don't really believe, Christianity is rightfully screwed up. At first, it was meant to help spread the word of Christ and teach good morals. Like the ten commandments, but politics has seeped into it for many years. Now, it has lost that ripeness it once had. People attend church every week not because they really want to, or they really believe. But because they feel it renews them, and then they can go mess up the rest of the week. Being jerks and commiting crimes.

I am recognized as a Lutheran(for the ones not taught this information it is a protestant Christianity) though I cannot say I am. I do not fully agree with their thoughts, but I do read the bible on occasion. And I believe in the father, the son, and the holy spirit.

Bless the father.

Just would like to remind the I that 'Christ' is an African concept meaning 'the annointed one.' Christianity is of course honoring Jesus Christ which is a different story.

The bone of corruption Rasta haffi pick with this is the blindness in the teachings. Jesus always humbled himself down at every occasion. He said to look to the father. It is the passed on impression and belief of Christians though, that if you are not a Christian, you will burn in a physical hell.

Another thing is the overt danger of taking the Bible literally. A little anecdote I always like to add is this: the "middle-east" is run by extremeists that take the Quaran one hundred percent literally and in result there was 911. In result there was a prior attempt. In result there is cold blood. ... Now, we are in Iraq, killing inoocent people everyday. The administration behind this is solidly Christian...a religion based on taking the Bible literally. Some points to medi on.

Much more to say but so much has been said.

One love

joeyb

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 11:39:56 AM »

Blessings

Tell me bredren, how does one express/manifest love for Jah? "Be eligible" to be with Him? I feel we are ALL eligible to be with Him by the mere fact that Jah's spirit exists within all of us, whether we recognize that fact or not. Helping others is not a fulfillment of any laws for the sole purpose of human interaction. If that were true then everyone would be fulfilling that law everyday by merely being in the presence of another or simply seeing another human on TV. That is not all there is. The purpose of that law is to recognize the God in all of us and treat each other as such. To know that we are all divine, all One. I am One with the atheist just as I am One with the Christian just as I am One with Jah. In fact, you cannot get to the first/highest commandment (i.e., be One with Jah) without first achieving true brotherly love. Yes, the commandments are different because the second is a precursor to the first. It is levels.

I am not saying that an atheist has the highest truth. They don't. But even they are still on a path to being One with Jah. You originally stated that it is better to be a Christian than an atheist. That declaration is not true in and of itself. It is better to be righteous than unrighteous. The idea that a Christian is somehow "better" than anyone is the very problem.

Be blessed.

Sorry, I'm not trying to say that a Christian is inherently better a person than an atheist: but a true Christian is nearer to the divine truth than an atheist. This statement is, of course, solely based on my own beliefs concerning truth. Yes we must strive for brotherly love: but as you said: it is levels. Brotherly love isnt the highest level: it is only part of the highest level. It is equal with loving God, which isnt the same thing if One believes that God does dwell in the heart but also beyond! A true Christian is righteous, forgiving, Christ-like, those who arent, well, are they real Christians? Not sure bout that one. One law cannot substitute the other, either way.

Another thing is the overt danger of taking the Bible literally. A little anecdote I always like to add is this: the "middle-east" is run by extremeists that take the Quaran one hundred percent literally and in result there was 911. In result there was a prior attempt. In result there is cold blood. ... Now, we are in Iraq, killing inoocent people everyday. The administration behind this is solidly Christian...a religion based on taking the Bible literally. Some points to medi on.

Taking the Bible/Q'uran literally does not lead to evil: many Christians/Muslims believe the Bible/Q'uran literally but dont do evil. Its the misinterpretation/taking out of context that leads to evils. The Q'uran didnt lead to 9/11, false teaching did. What do you mean by literally? Historically literal? Morally literal?

OneLove

BLING_BLAOH

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 01:53:31 PM »

What Christian says "u goin to hell cuz u livin wrong." Isn't this Jewish philosophy?

OneLove

My gyaalfriend/babymadda seh dis all de time and I-man tired fi hear it. It's bullshit. Christians are always the first one's judge and try to knock smadda dung off ah de high post, especially the "church folks" seen. It's jus ulterior motives.

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 03:01:21 PM »

Blessings

Sorry, I'm not trying to say that a Christian is inherently better a person than an atheist: but a true Christian is nearer to the divine truth than an atheist. This statement is, of course, solely based on my own beliefs concerning truth. Yes we must strive for brotherly love: but as you said: it is levels. Brotherly love isnt the highest level: it is only part of the highest level. It is equal with loving God, which isnt the same thing if One believes that God does dwell in the heart but also beyond! A true Christian is righteous, forgiving, Christ-like, those who arent, well, are they real Christians? Not sure bout that one. One law cannot substitute the other, either way.

Okay, then how do we quantify the "beyond"? If God is in the heart and beyond, what is that "beyond"? Nature? Being One with all of creation? Respecting the earth? What is that "beyond"? And what if the atheist is even meeting that requirement but the Christian is not because they don't see NaTuRe as important? Who is more One with the Divine?

Look, my goal is not to defend atheists. But from what I know of Christians, I can't be sure that they are more righteous simply because they claim to love God. The proof is in action. So again, better to be righteous than unrighteous. There are a lot of unrighteous "Christians." Ones love to disassociate themselves with those who make them look bad, but they are representative of the whole, or at least part of the body of Christ. They think they are living right, don't they? So simply because someone claims a label that promotes righteousness, it does not make them righteous by default.

I am also not trying to simply denounce Christians either. I know some who truly are living righteously...just wanted to add that.

Be blessed.

jahbless

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2005, 04:42:45 PM »

the way some christians think that anyone who is not christian is goin to hell is what bothers me, what kind of god would be so heartless, htere are many people who live righteous lives, and christians sit there claiming this person is goin to hell?
and then theres the way many try to spread the religiuon and actively convert people, through history by using violence.  How can someone be arrogant enoigh to assume that what they beleive is absolutely true and no one should beleive anything else? that is why im against missionaries.  No other religion has them, yet Christians think they are doing a great deed in bringing enlightenment to the more "barbaric" races.  Christianity is just a set of rules to follow, and it contains no true reasoning.  one of the things that initially drew me to rasta is the fact that while other religions actually try to suppress people who think for themselves, rasta does the opposite, and you are supposed to find your own way to Jah. While i am sure the path that I am following is righteous and "correct", I know that other people beleive just as strongly, and I dont push my beliefs on them.  Many Christians don;t see it that way... and it is insulting when someone comes up to me telling me I will go to hell because i dont believe in Jesus.  

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2005, 05:48:02 PM »

Christians, Catholics and Mormons all have missionaries.

One

Jah bless

Rasta_Man_410

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 06:54:35 PM »

yeh sorry bout that Positive Vibration i will work on specifying more :-) sorry again

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 12:47:44 AM »

Blessings

Ready to be banned again.

LOL! Hilarious!!!

Be blessed.

haftrini

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 04:34:38 AM »

Jesus freed us from the Law. But, if you dont come him accepting God's FREE Gift of Salvation to you, you'll remain a law breaker and the samething you say about God (He's too good to send me to hell), is the SAME thing that is going to get you. Because, it is because he IS good he will seek to excecute justice. He will get all murderers, liar, theives, adulturers, etc.

Having recently come out of a cult that taught similar close-minded crap like this, I just wanted to say I'm thankful to have a place like this to come to and reason. From Nick all the way across to those who are always busy keeping the reasonings alive, giving and showing respect to the bredrens and sistrens and everyone, I'm just glad this group is around. It's helped give my mind strength.

As for this reject, I'll be laughing when he's flushed again. And apparently again, and again.............

People here, however, dont understand the good news of the gospel.

Looks to me like people here have a pretty good overstanding about it:

I and I pray that one day Knowledge will turn to Wisdom and religion will turn to true spirituality.

One love!

RasLionheart

• Senior User
  • Rastafari is the way!
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 06:16:16 AM »

Freeway...ready to be banned AGAIN...typically reaction for you ain't it? Just read the Forum rules again:

http://forums.rasta-man.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=forum_rules;action=display;num=1109266199

Please stop your missionary work. This ain't a forum to convert rasta's into christians. It's a forum for rasta's to reason on rastafari!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 06:16:31 AM by OleGallis »

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 03:46:26 PM »

Blessings

Better to be righteous than unrighteous.

I was reflecting on the most recent Christian outburst on this forum. I find it truly saddening that such things KEEP happening because it is so unproductive. I doubt if any knowledge gets passed on to anyone. Those ones who want to be a witness for Jesus should stop shouting hell and damnation from the rooftops, and should instead let their lives bare witness of the Christ within. For the very one who they come on this forum to proclaim, the Jesus depicted in the Bible, NEVER forced his views on anyone. He was a teacher. He shared his knowledge with anyone willing to hear it. AND THEN HE MOVED ON!!! Nowhere in the Gospels did he condemn anyone living righteously.

When the wombman with two mites gave all that she had, he did not say she was blessed for "giving her life to Jesus." When the wombman with the issue for 12 long years was healed, Jesus did not say "I have made you whole". Even as discussed earlier, Jesus proclaimed that the greatest of commandments were to love thy neighbor and to love God the Father...not worship Jesus.

Some would rather be right than be righteous. And because of that, they themselves have yet to truly see the Kingdom of Heaven. It is my hope that as we trod forward in righteousness, that Love be the driving force within all of us. When that is seen as the way, Christ will truly be resurrected...and our "sins" forgiven.

Be blessed.

EmpressGong

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 04:21:16 PM »

Bless Up.

I really enjoyed and welcomed the last post that was made on this thread. It said exactly what needs to be said and what is the truth. For some reason "Christians" tend to believe that their faith gives them the upper religious hand and gives them a literal God-given right to judge others' acts. We should not judge one another based on our actions or words.. becuz we cannot see to the heart of that soul we verbally condemn..Only Jah can.. and Jesus always left it up to others to let their heart guide them to either have faith and listen to his words, or to reject him and focus only on the flesh. This is my interpretation from reading the Scriptures.
We are masters of our own faith and fate. We are responsible for ourselves and our own relationship with Jah. But we are also responsible for ensuring that others know through Jah there is everlasting life. By this last statement I mean that we give spiritual comfort to those who welcome it in their time of need. But you cannot bully someone into being a 'CHristian' based on your own standards. That is vanity! The standards you live by are based on your personal interpretations when you read the Ible. THe message isnt always perceived in the same way.But I also say there are a few fundamentals that are one dimensional: love thy neighbour as thyself and love Jah with all thy heart.

Those who have ears will hear so what's with all the shouting? ;)

EmpressGong
RastafarI is My Truth and My Light

joeyb

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 06:33:39 PM »

"For some reason "Christians" tend to believe that their faith gives them the upper religious hand and gives them a literal God-given right to judge others' acts."

This is my problem with this thread's (and others) reasonings. I keep reading generalisations which not only rope in believers like myself, but other Rastas on this forum. When One says "Christians are misled", One ropes Selassie I and myself into that generalisation. We must bear love in mind.

I find it difficult to understand Rastas who are not also Christians, i.e. Old Covenant Rasta. I'm in confusion as to who this implies Selassie I is...

OneLove

Soul_Deep

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005, 08:47:47 PM »

Today Christians are turning Christianity into more than wha it is. they say things like u have to be christain to be able to understand the bible, if u aint Christian u goin to hell cuz u livin wrong, or u cant sing about god if u aint saved, i can go on and on. Stop confusing the teachings PLEASE, U Cant judge people and yet thats exactly wha u are doin, get yo mind rite, how can u live by the name of Jah and u ridicule othas for the way the live, its sad, u of all people should no "He without SIN cast the 1st stone"

I left the christian religion a few years back before i started getting into rastafarianism, one of my close friends passed away, we tried to have a funeral for him in the local church and were refused because he wasnt of the christian faith and i was told face to face from my priest that he was rotting in hell.. on that day I left christianity..

Lionsroar

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2005, 05:15:17 AM »

ok im not downin Christians at all.. im not callin it a bad way of life, Rastafarian and Christianity are very strong and important religions n this world.. Let me make this clear " Some people who claim to b Christians are confusin the teachins..they are misinterpreting the bible which has been interpreted book afta book. Yes u have to look for Jah to understand the true meanin of the words of the bible BUT u dont have to be a CHRISTIAN to be ONE with JAH'' I jus say teach the word as its suppose to be, dont make up ur own rules and ridicule otha religions
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.