Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: THIS IS SADDENING  (Read 3488 times)

The_Lioness

Re: THIS IS SADDENING
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 11:12:01 PM »

I stub my toe, out comes the term of feces.

What does this mean?

People swear all the time over here, even at their parents with no repercusions. I think that's one of the main problems. One boy on my estate even started smoking skunk when he was 4, so nothing suprises me anymore.
I admit (embarassingly) that I swear sometimes out of vexation/frustration  [smiley=sad.gif]

rastafandawn

• Normal User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 03:31:27 PM »

I dont know how old most of you are, those of you who have replied to this topic. But I am nearing 50 now, and remember that when I was a child, we were taught certain morals and tenets of behaviour.

We weren't frightened of adults, but we were taught that to be rude or cheeky to them would result in our being "dealt with" by having things that we liked taken away - for example, not being allowed out after school to play, not being allowed to stay up late on a weekend, not being allowed to have friends over after school etc. This was embarrassing enough for us as children, to admit to our friends that our parents wouldnt let us do ...whatever.

We were taught respect for ourselves and for others, and I believe that I still carry that teaching through my life now.

When I was small, I wanted to play in the "playing field" on the swings and slides, or go finding tadpoles, or go tree climbing, whatever.  Now, kids want to go behind the shed to smoke, or drink, or fiddle with another kid, or stay home and watch killer videos, or go out and kick in someones front window, or throw bricks at their cars.

If the minds of these kids are as sick as they are now, what will they be like when they reach the age of being able to say, govern the country ?  What a thought. The young pschos of today being the rulers of the world tomorrow.

It would seem that respect has gone out the window and family values went down the drain. Half the time, parents arent even in to know what their kids are up to, and when they are in, they want their kids far away from them to give them some peace and quiet.

The old days were the good days in this respect.  Progress ?  Nah, regress.

Bless

Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes.......

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 05:56:44 PM »

Blessings

Very good post, rastafandawn.

If the minds of these kids are as sick as they are now, what will they be like when they reach the age of being able to say, govern the country ?  What a thought. The young pschos of today being the rulers of the world tomorrow.

I would say that these youth WILL NOT be the leaders of tomorrow. These will be the working class of tomorrow. And they will be bitter and angry and frustrated, wondering why no one cared enough to show them a better way. Most will be products of their environment. They won't be leaders, most of them. These "young psychos" are not getting the love and discipline and structure that they need. Instead, they are being groomed for a life of slavery to Babylon. The few who will be in power will be using these ignorant youth. And by the time these youth finally understand what is really going on, it may be too late for them.

I really feel that it must start in the home. That is the root. If the root is deeply and firmly planted, there is less worry that the tree won't stand...no matter the wind that blows. The Bible says to train a child in the way they should grow, and when he/she is older the teaching will not depart from them. That doesn't mean they won't act out or do wrong. But they when they find themselves in trouble or confused, they will have the tools to again find their way.

I raspect anyone who is a parent because it is not an easy job. To be a good parent requires being there for your child in SO MANY ways. Most are just not willing to do that and this is why the youth are lost. But if the parent doesn't have anything on the inside, how can they teach their child anything???

Be blessed.

Rasta_Man_410

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 01:40:11 AM »

Very good post there  [smiley=smiley.gif] I think you nailed it right there with that point.

rasta_dattha

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 06:37:20 PM »

last month i took some children to the park ,there were others children at the park
playing , cursing taking their socks,shoes, book bag and throwing at each other .the games that they were playing was so disgusting and too ruff, however they were enjoying themselves.it appears to me that this is just the norms for them ,they don't know how to be gentle,caring, and loving when playing. my question is who is to be blamed? [smiley=huh.gif] [smiley=huh.gif] [smiley=huh.gif]
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.